The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How to get Alliance rank skill faster?

Powtreeman
Powtreeman
✭✭✭
Is it just me or does this take forever? I have been trying to unlock skills on these lines for a long time now but it progresses slower than Vet ranks do...
What am I doing wrong?
  • Legedric
    Legedric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Powtreeman wrote: »
    What am I doing wrong?

Not killing enough players fast enough and probably dieing alot...

And yes, you need plenty of time to level this up beyond rank 20 at least.
    Legedric the Flamedancer ► - Redguard Dragon Knight
    Legedric the Stormdancer ► - Altmer Sorcerer
    Legedric the Sundancer ► - Altmer Templar

EU | DRUCKWELLE - Retter des Kaiserreiches
  • Frawr
    Frawr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    small scale pvp gives more ap. The zerg is not the best way.
  • Powtreeman
    Powtreeman
    ✭✭✭
    Legedric wrote: »
    What am I doing wrong?

Not killing enough players fast enough and probably dieing alot...

And yes, you need plenty of time to level this up beyond rank 20 at least.

I just want rank 7 for magicka detonation. I kill people once in a while and do die more than I should. But im definitely not the worst pvper out there.
  • Legedric
    Legedric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah so you are talking about Alliance Guild ranks even? Well, this takes quite some tiem as well... Be patient and try to earn as many AP as possible, that's really it. There is no real way to speed this up somehow.
    Legedric the Flamedancer ► - Redguard Dragon Knight
    Legedric the Stormdancer ► - Altmer Sorcerer
    Legedric the Sundancer ► - Altmer Templar

EU | DRUCKWELLE - Retter des Kaiserreiches
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It slows down but I did get purge (Rank 4) on my new lowbee (started at level 10. She's 18 now) healer in two days... shrug. Caltrops should take me another week I figure.
    Edited by Iselin on May 29, 2015 7:29AM
  • hamgatan
    hamgatan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeap, It's a very VERY slow process. Heck I only just hit Guild Rank 4 myself.

Its directly related to Alliance War points. Earn Alliance War points, Guild Rank creeps up. Its annoying I know. I want Razor Caltrops badly too but all I can do is grind away at it. But no achievement no reward right..?

You can get AP for doing the PvP Quests - This might help speed things up a little. Scouting Missions etc.. Do them on the side.

PC / NA - 1500 CP
    L50 Argonian MagTemplar PvE Healer (US/EP) "Smothers-With-Pillows"
    L50 Argonian StamPlar PvE DPS/Solo (US/EP) "The Rusty Argonian Spade"
    L50 Khajit StamPlar PvE DPS (US/EP) "Critteh Kitteh"
    L50 Khajit MagDK PvE DPS 97k (US/EP) "Snowflake Crusher"
    L50 Redguard StamDK PvE Tank (US/DC) "Rampant Rabbit"
    L50 Dunmer MagDK PvE DPS (US/DC) "Deep Fried Bin Chicken"
    L50 Altmer MagSorc PvE DPS (US/DC) "Acirrum" - The vMA/vvH Potato Sorc
    L50 Orc StamSorc PvE DPS (US/AD) "Fraggle Proc"
    L50 Altmer MagBlade PvE Healer (US/AD) "Never Goanna Heal You Up"
    L20 Redguard StamBlade PvP Tank (US/AD) "Sneak Dogg"
    L50 Breton MagWarden PvE Healer (US/EP) "Drunk-The-Koolaid"
    L40 Orc StamDen PvE DPS (US/EP) "Fugly Betty"
    L50 Breton MagCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Ivanna Fakakakis"
    L50 Redguard StamCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Skeletons In The Closet"
    L50 Dunmer Stam Arcanist PvE DPS 80k (US/EP) "Sends-The-Trout" - 1 Bar Oakensoul
    L20 Nord Arcanist PvE Tank (US/EP) "Now Thats a Huge Witch"

Xbox One / NA - 360 CP
    L50 Altmer MagBlade (US/AD) "Cork Soaking"
    L10 Argonian Templar (US/EP) "Makes-Me-Moist"
    L10 Argonian MagDK (US/EP) "<Forced-Name-Change>"
    L27 Altmer MagSorc (US/EP) "Sorcie McSorcface"

|GM - The Bin Chicken Alliance | Aussie Dragon Slayers | Aedra | The Skooma Emporium | The Bus | The Bounty Hunters Guild |
  • Powtreeman
    Powtreeman
    ✭✭✭
    Dang im about halfway through level 5 on it. PAINFUL! But I can't wait to see how hard I hit with magicka detonation.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dang im about halfway through level 5 on it. PAINFUL! But I can't wait to see how hard I hit with magicka detonation.

I've seen it crit for almost 22k
  • Junkkis
    Junkkis
    ✭✭
    Join pvp guild and premade guild train (zerg).
    If u are casual player who join solo, stop pvp right now!
    Tis game pvp favor only thouse who join raid that know what to do.

u can pvp as casual if u want but u will be mainly just food for enemy.
  • sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    What you can do...when going to Cyro go to a dungeon first in Cyro and kill a boss. This will give you 20% AP boost for 1hour. Pick up all the dailies you can and do them. On the way kill players and help take keeps etc. After keeps have been taken repair the walls. This will also give you a small amount of AP.

Rinse and repeat.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday I reached rank 27. I play casually since early access (2 hours per day, but lately 1 hour per day) and without exploits.

I think it advances at right pace. There are many players who are much higher in rank but they seem to play 20 hour per day.

That's all there is to it. You want it to advance faster, you have to play more often.

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you're going to do small scale fights try to use Rapid regen once in a while, this really helps to gain AP. The best thing is to join a PVP guild that runs with a big group every day, this can make it possible to get 70-100k AP each day.

Alliace rank 7 isnt something you can get quickly, for most players it will take at least 1-4 weeks (assuming you mainly play during prime-time). You can see how much AP you need for rank 7 here
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • TheSunAlsoRises
    TheSunAlsoRises
    ✭✭✭
    looks like i'm not getting caltrops anytime soon.
    No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe
  • DeanTheCat
    DeanTheCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alliance War Assault/Support Skill lines advance every 3 ranks you gain for your Alliance War Rank, with level 2 starting at Rank 1 Alliance War and Rank 3 getting you Level 3.

So:
    Rank 0: Level 1
    Rank 1: Level 2
    Rank 3: Level 3
    Rank 6: Level 4
    Rank 9: Level 5
    Rank 12: Level 6
    Rank 15: Level 7
    Rank 18: Level 8
    Rank 21: Level 9
    Rank 24: Level 10

This means the fastest way to get these ranks is pretty much AP farming.
    Edited by DeanTheCat on June 5, 2015 4:04PM
    Dean the Cat
    Somewhat Insane Puddicat
    EU-PC Megaserver; Ebonheart Pact, Alliance Rank 34
    This one hails from far Singapore, excuse this one for his high pings. He also apologizes for any formatting/spelling errors, as he tends to answer using a mobile device.

Insanity is the price of Knowledge. Herma-Mora and Sheogorath, this one bows before thee.

This one does not advocate for any class to be nerfed. There are far deeper underlying issues then a simple "Class Imbalance". The Champion System is the problem. Not classes.

Please read this before creating yet another nerf thread.

My guides:
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just want rank 7 for magicka detonation. I kill people once in a while and do die more than I should. But im definitely not the worst pvper out there.

Gotta get in decent groups that kill other players and accomplish objectives. Group up and complete as many Cyrodiil quests as possible.

[edit] derp moment

Edited by k2blader on June 5, 2015 8:53PM
    Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    Yesterday I reached rank 27. I play casually since early access (2 hours per day, but lately 1 hour per day) and without exploits.

I think it advances at right pace. There are many players who are much higher in rank but they seem to play 20 hour per day.

That's all there is to it. You want it to advance faster, you have to play more often.

By early access you mean more than a year ago, right? Long time, even if "casually." Also, before they took away FCs you could get AP hand over fist. Even after that, most of last year was pretty fast AP for players in any time zone. But especially over the last few months, PvP's dying, especially if you don't play prime time and/or can't get a group-- it's slow. So you can't compare your "casual" experience to everyone's.

Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • Joel123
    Joel123
    Soul Shriven
    Junkkis wrote: »

I have no idea what you're talking about dude. I join solo quite often and defend keeps against 20 to 30+ people with seige weapons and do just fine lol
  • Ara_Valleria
    Ara_Valleria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joel123 wrote: »

I have no idea what you're talking about dude. I join solo quite often and defend keeps against 20 to 30+ people with seige weapons and do just fine lol

Yeah you have to be pretty scruby to say that you are going to be "food for enemy" if you solo pvp.

°‡° ÁDAMANT °‡°
    The Addon Abusers, Exploiters & Macro'ers Refuge
    •••• | Ara Valleria - AD NightBlade | Templàra Valleria - AD Templar | Åra Valleria - AD DragonKnight | Ára V - AD DragonKnight | Ara Laifu - DC NightBlade | Ara Waifu - EP Sorcerer | ••••

••••••| YOUTUBE |••••••
    Want to take a break from all the Lagging|Crashing|Cancer ?
    Play Albion Online
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    screwy.gif

Worst advice ever ...
    rolleyes.gif