Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Collectible Achievement Guide (Spoiler Alert)

• eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pulled a Bile Gilt off of a Bull Netch in Coldharbour; lots of them roaming around, but it was while I was running back from the Everfull flagon, so I couldn't tell you precisely where.

Found an Ectoplasmic Discharge on a Selfora Priest in Selfora in Deshaan
    Edited by eNumbra on May 23, 2015 8:56PM
  • Aelendil
    Aelendil
    ✭✭
    Just east of Riften you can farm the 'Huge Mammoth's Tooth' from mammoths theres 7-8 there.
    Server: EU
    Guild: Het Vreemdelingen Legioen
    Account Name: @arieblom
    Characters: Aelendil Lv50 Nightblade, Temael Lv50 Templar, Sorcael Lv50 Sorcerer, Wardael Lv50 Warden

• Parlow
    Parlow
    ✭✭✭
    Is there no other place for AD player to collect Everfrost- Frost Atronach without spellscar?
    Found 2 in coldharbour but it isnt so good, there must be a place in EP or DC, 2 or 3 Atrons are enough for me, so tell me. :(
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My "collector" is EP, but I found that the Lightless Oubliette in Coldharbor is a good place to farm Frost and Flame atronachs. The "ice/fire" room had 3 frost atronachs that respawn fairly quickly. You go around the room and the first one has respawned by the time you kill the third one.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Parlow
    Parlow
    ✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    My "collector" is EP, but I found that the Lightless Oubliette in Coldharbor is a good place to farm Frost and Flame atronachs. The "ice/fire" room had 3 frost atronachs that respawn fairly quickly. You go around the room and the first one has respawned by the time you kill the third one.

There I'll Try,
  • Parlow
    Parlow
    ✭✭✭
    So after 15min. farming in Lightless Oubliette i can confirm thats a good spot.
    In the 15min. run drops 2 times Smoldering Emberheart and last the Everfrost really quick respawn you can run in rounds, best alternative for AD palyer instead of Spellscar.
  • The_Sadist
    The_Sadist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, how goes the wraith hunt guys? I've been farming wraiths every other day for several hours and nothing. I've received countless chattering skulls.. but the wraith is holding out. Can anyone just confirm it's actually dropping?
    "Each event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event." ― Zurin Arctus, the Underking.
    Tragrim - How do I work this thing?
    Casually stalking the forums
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only the Fleshy Symbiont is a verified bug, with a fix officially coming in a patch. Your wraith item is like the Stony Heart I finally got after killing hundreds of gargoyles with multiple characters. Just a matter of RNG. Where are you hunting wraiths? Along with aforementioned Fleshy Symbiont, it is the only item I'm missing. I was in Vahtacen, but got ganked cuz I was too focused on the wraiths, and for DC, it is a long ride back.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • MAX360FreeFlow
    MAX360FreeFlow
    Soul Shriven
    Hello all, new to the game and new to the forums. Current rank 19 (not VR)first character Knightblade. I am in the Aldmeri alliance. LOVE THE GAME! Was curious as to what these things in my inventory are. (COLLECTIBLES) I had 2 collectibles before I was rank 12 and got the 3rd before rank 15 and not sure what to do with them. I am on the Xbox One. Not sure if they changed it for us on console, but reading this forum post you are all talking about VR areas to get these collectibles. My first collectible came from killing a lvl 5 Imp right outside the city. I killed the Imp on my way back to the city after fighting the Dark Anchor and the Imp dropped the Imp Effigy collectible. Now with these 3 collectibles that I have I am not sure what I actually do with them. I not exactly sure of the names because I am not at my console, but I believe they are, Imp Effigy, Chattering Skull and Razor something. Do I just keep them in my inventory until I get the rest or can sell them or give them to my guild mates?

Thanks in advance for any info.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @MAX360FreeFlow the collectibles are rare trophy items that are linked to achievements. Check your journal Trophies>General to find out what they are and which ones you have. They will drop from creatures within 5 levels of you (same as XP range). There may be a bug with collectibles for the console. You should have an option to 'use' the trophy, which will consume it and add it to your achievements. There are many reports from consoles that the USE option is missing. I highly recommend you hold onto the collectibles you have if you are interested in pursuing this. I spent many hours before I got an Imp Effigy to drop. The many references to veteran levels in the thread is because the collectibles were bugged for many months after game release, and players had passed the 5 level range for a drop before the bug was fixed, leaving veteran locations as the only areas to find them.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello all, new to the game and new to the forums. Current rank 19 (not VR)first character Knightblade. I am in the Aldmeri alliance. LOVE THE GAME! Was curious as to what these things in my inventory are. (COLLECTIBLES) I had 2 collectibles before I was rank 12 and got the 3rd before rank 15 and not sure what to do with them. I am on the Xbox One. Not sure if they changed it for us on console, but reading this forum post you are all talking about VR areas to get these collectibles. My first collectible came from killing a lvl 5 Imp right outside the city. I killed the Imp on my way back to the city after fighting the Dark Anchor and the Imp dropped the Imp Effigy collectible. Now with these 3 collectibles that I have I am not sure what I actually do with them. I not exactly sure of the names because I am not at my console, but I believe they are, Imp Effigy, Chattering Skull and Razor something. Do I just keep them in my inventory until I get the rest or can sell them or give them to my guild mates?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Hi there! Welcome to the game. You can get collectibles at any level. You "consume" them to add them to your collection. On PC, that's double-clicking. On console, it would be the same command you use for a food/drink. This will add it to your achievement list and you get an achievement when you complete all trophies in a category.

The focus on vet zones here is because this collectible system came out when many people were already VR characters, and the way loot works in the game is if you are more than 5 levels above a mob, you don't get any loot (other than hide) from them.

So if my level 30 DK wanted to get the trophy that comes from wolves, for example, going to Crow's Wood where all the wolves are level 7 wouldn't do anything for her. Vet levels are considered Level 50 by the game for loot purposes, so a VR can kill any appropriate mob level 46+ and have a chance at the collectible.

I hope that helps. :-)

The Moot Councillor
  • MAX360FreeFlow
    MAX360FreeFlow
    Soul Shriven
    Just want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for the QUICK reply and the GREAT INFO!!! Seems like an AWESOME community here with ESO!!! This is going to be a FUN game!!!

Update; on Xbox One, the only command I get when I chose a trophy is, destroy it. I checked the "achievements" section and there is a check mark next to these three that I do have. I can't even put it in my bank. Seems to me if I want to free up my backpack space, "destroying" the trophies is my only option.

I have a feeling I am playing this game wrong, but I have a feeling there is no "wrong" way to play the game either. I am now lvl 20 but my blacksmith crafting is up to using Dwarven ore. All my crafting is right around my character lvl. Well, I have to work a little harder on my enchanting and alchemy. Can't wait till our guild gets a guild trader out there so I can make some GOLD! Grinding out at these low lvls to upgrade backpack and bank space is tough. lol...

I know this isn't the post for this, but could someone send me a PM with some good tips as to how to make gold easier. I GRIND!!! That's my strategy. Should I be in "area" chat and sell to people hanging around the crafting stations or is a guild trader a good place?

THANKS again for the info!!!
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know if it's been confirmed by others yet, but I just got the Stony Heart from the gargoyles at the Qharroa Ruins in Bangkorai at V10. It took about 150 gargoyles over 2 nights.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was gone for two months but know I am back to finish the rest:

Except from Westtry where is a good place to farm Wraiths as an EP character?
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • Uzdo
    Uzdo
    ✭✭
    I just did all Justice achievements.
    Now I planning to start doing Collectibles achievements but is very bad that there is a bug whit Flesh Symbiont I hope they will fix it soon.

And i have a question:
    Collectibles will take less time than Fishing achievments or more?
    Already have all fishing achievements but it took me a lot of time.
  • Parlow
    Parlow
    ✭✭✭
    @Uzdo
    I do the fishing archivmets atm and i think it´s took much more time than the collectible. Some mobs took a while for me Wamasu, Gargoyl, Netch, but i try to catch some rare fishes days over and over and they don´t come.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Uzdo wrote: »
    I just did all Justice achievements.
    Now I planning to start doing Collectibles achievements but is very bad that there is a bug whit Flesh Symbiont I hope they will fix it soon.

And i have a question:
    Collectibles will take less time than Fishing achievments or more?
    Already have all fishing achievements but it took me a lot of time.

I've spent considerable more time doing collectibles than getting Master Angler. With fishing, there are innumerable fishing holes, so as long as you have enough bait, you can get the fish. The RNG for collectibles seems to be worse than fishing, at least for me. Plus, it's not always easy to find efficient locations to farm for collectibles. I have had to resort to using alts at lower levels to obtain some collectibles for my main. How long it will take you is unpredictable, since it's RNG. But it will take a very long time if you are quickly bored of mindlessly killing the same creatures in a small area over and over again, which is what is sometimes necessary to get some drops.
    PC/NA/DC
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally, I completed my collectibles.

Thank you so much for settng this guide together and especially thanks to @Ourorboros for being active and helping out in this thread! :)

Happy hunting!
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • Aoshy
    Aoshy
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone got the Crypt Jar in Gandranen Ruins? I've been farming there for days and nothing.... (DC)
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aoshy wrote: »
    Anyone got the Crypt Jar in Gandranen Ruins? I've been farming there for days and nothing.... (DC)

Just keep at it. I got mine in Lost City of Na-Totambu (Alik'r Desert), but had to use two alts to get it. I went through about 10 levels for two collectibles (the other was Stony Heart) on one alt, totally overleveling him in the process. But just when I thought I would never get the collectibles, they dropped. As long as you are killing mummies, you will get the Tomb Urn (Crypt Jar) eventually, if you don't go crazy first. >:)
    PC/NA/DC
  • Aoshy
    Aoshy
    ✭✭✭
    More than a week, farming 4h+/day ... Today i went there and killed 2 mobs and got it =)
  • avanwhy
    avanwhy
    ✭✭
    I finally got the hand of glory to drop today. Took well over 2,000 zombies to get it. Dropped in the motalion necropolis in alikir desert's NE corner.
  • Yukonjack
    Yukonjack
    I don't see any way on console to "use" the items? Any advice?
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yukonjack wrote: »

Not being on console, I can only infer how collectibles work from other posts. The mechanism is different from PC, as you noted; console users have no USE option. It seems either the collectible is added automatically when you put it in inventory, or it is added to your achievements when you destroy it. I suggest you start by checking your journal TROPHY tab to see if any collectibles you have are registered. If they are, it's automatic. If not, then DESTROY one and see if it registers. My advice is use a collectible that drops frequently, in the event 'Destroy' is not the answer, and you won't have wasted an item that may take many hours to reaquire. Prime candidates are Chattering Skull or Cat Claw. I've had many drops of both these collectibles. If neither of these work, contact Customer Service.
    PC/NA/DC
  • Dunkmeister
    Dunkmeister
    ✭✭✭
    Yukonjack wrote: »

Please let me know what you discover on this and I will update the original post for those on consoles.

Thank you.
    Dunkmeister - DK Firemage AD NA Server
    PVE Achievement Collector
  • ingemar.fibyb16_ESO
    Imp's Effigy - Imp

AD - in a ruin left from Old S'ren-ja Docks (Reaper's March)
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone was asking about ice wraiths. In Craglorn there's the Storm Monarch delve (just NE of AA), but it's unmarked. You go there during the Elemental Army quest. The room before the boss has a large group of ice wraiths and they are V11.

Does anyone know of any nix-hounds outside of EP? Will I have to farm DSA for them?

I can just see it: "LFG DSA up to round 4 (nix-hound farm)"
    The Moot Councillor
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    Someone was asking about ice wraiths. In Craglorn there's the Storm Monarch delve (just NE of AA), but it's unmarked. You go there during the Elemental Army quest. The room before the boss has a large group of ice wraiths and they are V11.

Does anyone know of any nix-hounds outside of EP? Will I have to farm DSA for them?

I can just see it: "LFG DSA up to round 4 (nix-hound farm)"

Yeah, pretty sure those are your only options for Nix hounds. ZOS really didn't think through collectible distribution. IMO one should be able to get all collectibles from each alliance.
    Edited by Ourorboros on July 9, 2015 5:12PM
    PC/NA/DC
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh well. I still want a Master Bow, so I should probably go back to running DSA more regularly.

Edited to add: Or get one of my AD toons to the Silver zone.
    Edited by AlnilamE on July 9, 2015 5:21PM
    The Moot Councillor
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    Only the Fleshy Symbiont is a verified bug, with a fix officially coming in a patch. Your wraith item is like the Stony Heart I finally got after killing hundreds of gargoyles with multiple characters. Just a matter of RNG. Where are you hunting wraiths? Along with aforementioned Fleshy Symbiont, it is the only item I'm missing. I was in Vahtacen, but got ganked cuz I was too focused on the wraiths, and for DC, it is a long ride back.

Was just going to post, saying i have been farming flesh atronachs AD in Cold Harbour for a month and no drops.....
    mDKs still need a lot of love!