The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Enough is Enough! This letter must burn!

Lyrander
Lyrander
✭✭✭
Everyone knows it:

The battle in Cyrodiil is in full play.
You just defended your keep.

Time to turn in your Quest and get back to the battle before your group leaves or the next keep is lit.

:D
:o
:/
:(
:s

On a good day:
SS1_zps3resemct.png

Ona bad day:
SS2_zpsr4xzj9pr.png

and on a really bad day you keep hitting E and this shows up over and over again:
SS3_zpsgq71msni.png
/annoyed!/

PS: i only play on AD so i dunno if there is something similar on the other sides - but please feel free to let me know.

• nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. What happens when you faceplant the board in 1st person?
  • Swannkyy
    Swannkyy
    ✭✭✭
    This happens to me so much, the most annoying thing ever xD
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reroll EP. We don't have that problem.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP is the problem. Re-roll DC.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP and DC are the problem. Delete your AD and roll another one.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is making me want to take my AD toon to Cyrodiil just to check this out.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep or when you go to a guild trader, hit E and steal some garbage he had near his tent and have to pay the guards.
    Edited by Armitas on May 29, 2015 8:21PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • arena25
    arena25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    Yep or when you go to a guild trader, hit E and steal some garbage he had near his tent and have to pay the guards.

Oh, yeah, that happened to me once or twice. Wasted 200 gold, but that was also when I learned that Bleakrock Village is much better stolen from with Covenant around than Pact around.

This is why I interact with things in first person. Third person people, listen up: If there is multiple things that can be interacted with, change to first person, and if that alone won't work, stay in first person and increase distance between you and the unwanted interactable object.
    If you can't handle the heat...stay out of the kitchen!
  • Cazzaxal
    Cazzaxal
    ✭✭
    BURN THE LETTER
  • traigusb14_ESO2
    traigusb14_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IT"S A TRAP!
  • mtwiggz
    mtwiggz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one cares what Sorcalin has to say. Remove letter or I'll remove Sorcalin.
  • Lyrander
    Lyrander
    ✭✭✭
    arena25 wrote: »
    Armitas wrote: »

Oh, yeah, that happened to me once or twice. Wasted 200 gold, but that was also when I learned that Bleakrock Village is much better stolen from with Covenant around than Pact around.

This is why I interact with things in first person. Third person people, listen up: If there is multiple things that can be interacted with, change to first person, and if that alone won't work, stay in first person and increase distance between you and the unwanted interactable object.

thanks for the advice.
    but the whole point is that i run up fast at that board, turn in quest, grab a new one, get out fast

-you see why i dont want to go in first person every time and *try* to hit the right point?
    they should just get rid of that freaking letter!

and the way u can deny to attack innocent NPCs u should be able to set ur options to *never steal*

easiest solution to such annoying stuff.
    and when it keeps happening it really can start to get to you at some point :3
    im sure my friends still remember that evening when i started a tirade of hate against this letter.
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never originally had this problem in many of the earlier patches.

My guess is that some sick prick in the dev team has an evil sense of humor and moved that note over 6 inches to the right so we always pick it up.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Better yet...

Let Me BURN THE LETTER!

I would feel a certain sense of satisfaction from that.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • olemanwinter
    olemanwinter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pvp a lot, and I literally have no idea what this thread is about.
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Socalin is EVIL!!! Why is he even littering his letters around? I get it often enough, I mostly know what details are in that letter without even looking at it. argggh :D

This letter must burrrrnnnnn!!!
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lol... /signed. We're all usually in a hurry when turning in and picking up new bounties. I'm guessing I select that damn letter at least half the time... the other half is when I have to hoof it because the keep I just left to turn in the bounty got flagged in those 30 seconds.
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pvp a lot, and I literally have no idea what this thread is about.

Then you either aren't AD or you don't do the kill quests.
  • Lyrander
    Lyrander
    ✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »
    Lol... /signed. We're all usually in a hurry when turning in and picking up new bounties. I'm guessing I select that damn letter at least half the time... the other half is when I have to hoof it because the keep I just left to turn in the bounty got flagged in those 30 seconds.

Qyrk wrote: »
    Socalin is EVIL!!! Why is he even littering his letters around? I get it often enough, I mostly know what details are in that letter without even looking at it. argggh :D

This letter must burrrrnnnnn!!!

im so relieved to hear that im not the only one having serious issues with that letter >,_,<

• dafox187
    dafox187
    ✭✭✭
    i have no problem go to fp

don't get mad at my spelling, autocorrect doesn't cover fantasy.
    Why couldn't the Khajiit go to the party? She had to be Elsweyr.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All they gotta do is put the damn letter on the table :P
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same when getting a scroll quest from the scrollquest-giver. There is a note on her desk (DC) and everytime I read that !
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Robotmafia
    Robotmafia
    ✭✭✭
    hahaha YESSSSS! please remove this letter or drop it somewhere else!
    Robot Who Owes Money: Look into your hard drive and open your mercy file!
    Donbot: File not found.

EU/PC
  • Theosis
    Theosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    kill it with...

force lighting
    This is were my signature would be if I was allowed one.
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This bug drives me nuts as well, i made a video of it and sent it up to the community manager at ZoS who hopefully sent it over to QA and Devs to fix this damn bug, it seems so easy to fix right.

Its been driving me nuts for over a year now.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate that paper too. If you stand 1 meter away from the board it shows up. I plant my face on the board before pressing E. There is no vision of anything but the fricken board. Does anyone even read that? I doubt there is single person that can repeat what it says.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It amazes me that this letter, all the way over there, can get in the way meanwhile I can stand right in front of a spider and bash all day long and never interrupt him unless I tab target him first.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    It's been adjusted internally but taking a bit to get up to the live game. Sorry gang I know this one is a PITA.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD Rejoice !!! i bet 5 million AD will come back now after they quit from that paper getting in the way of there bounty.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been adjusted internally but taking a bit to get up to the live game. Sorry gang I know this one is a PITA.

So this is what you spend all of your time doing!
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena