Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

@ZOS - Why nirn needs a fix sooner

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a history lesson:
    1.1.6 out and people complain that sorc 2 hitting enemies
    2. Instead of complaining non-sorcs fount a nirnhoned trait and started using it.
    3. sorcs started complaining that they can't 2 hitting nirnhoned enemies.
    4. stamina builds just sitting quiet and smiling.
    Edited by Cinbri on April 30, 2015 7:02AM
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Just a history lesson:
    1.1.6 out and people complain that sorc 2 hitting enemies
    2. Instead of complaining non-sorcs fount a nirnhoned trait and started using it.
    3. sorcs started complaining that they can't 2 hitting nirnhoned enemies.
    4. stamina builds just sitting quiet and smiling.

This
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    ToRelax wrote: »
    LOL.

I can think of FIVE other mechanics off the stop of my head that reduce your Magicka damage just as much, if not MORE than Nirnhoned: Heavy Armor, Reinforced Medium Armor, Empowered Ward, Dampen Magic and... wait for it... BLOCKING.

Even in the long, sorry history of PvP whines, this whole Nirnhoned business really takes the cake. You guys want to nerf armor pieces that required the owner to either grind Craglorn mat nodes until his eyes fell out or pay 15,000 G or more for each piece!

It's amazing that people who roll these glass cannon builds expect everyone else to just bend over and take 20,000 HP damage all the time.

ZoS, please bring back the LOL button!

Nirn is multiplicative with armor types and blocking, and serves as a buffer if you run shields.
    If you have to troll, can you at least stop spreading misinformation... bah, why am I even trying.

Spell Resistance is still hard capped at 50%. What difference does it make if you hit the cap with Reinforced Heavy or Nirnhoned Light?

Because this isn't Carebear PvE land. Actual players have this stuff called Spell Penetration that necessitates exceeding the "Hard cap" (which doesn't exist incidentally).

So go beg ZoS for a BUFF on Spell Penetration! If you keep asking for nerfs that cripple PvE builds, especially EXPENSIVE ones like Nirnhoned, don't be surprised when there's some blowback from PvE players.

And you simply can´t do that if you don´t want to trivialize every other armor trait (for persons using drop sets or simply not rolling with nirn) because you would then pierce 100% of all spellresist of players not using nirn.
    So yeah - to do sth about it you have to nerf nirn.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• stonescorsa
    stonescorsa
    ✭✭✭
    Im just going to put my moneys worth in this thread but i like to test stuff. Damage sheilds are not mitigated by nirn, this mrans that if you have a sheild up the nirn doesnt do anything. Only when your sheild drops that the nirn takes effect. Many people that are running nirn like someone saod its very costly and doesnt do that
    Much by wearing 1 piece you have to physically wear like 4 pieces to be effective. 1 piece only gives 2-3k resist each piece im sure zos did a mini nerf because it was more then this before people whined
    Bravehorn- Mag Sorc FE
    Annabella- Stamblade
    Tank Maximus- Stam DK
    Brave's Templar - Stamplar
    Brave's NB - Magblade
    Slim Bravey - Stam Sorc
  • Sphinx2318
    Sphinx2318
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL.

I can think of FIVE other mechanics off the stop of my head that reduce your Magicka damage just as much, if not MORE than Nirnhoned: Heavy Armor, Reinforced Medium Armor, Empowered Ward, Dampen Magic and... wait for it... BLOCKING.

Even in the long, sorry history of PvP whines, this whole Nirnhoned business really takes the cake. You guys want to nerf armor pieces that required the owner to either grind Craglorn mat nodes until his eyes fell out or pay 15,000 G or more for each piece!

It's amazing that people who roll these glass cannon builds expect everyone else to just bend over and take 20,000 HP damage all the time.

^^^^^ 100% this guy is running all nirnhoned and is terrified of it getting fixed.
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's obviously unintended and overpowered, as ZOS has said. But they're not going to address it until late summer, unless someone can explain how Nirnhoned gear will somehow screw up the console release ;)

Also, if they plan sorc nerfs, they likely want to package Nirn nerfs with those, so it seems (seems) more balanced.

Edited by Snit on April 30, 2015 6:25PM
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Valnas
    Valnas
    ✭✭✭✭
    sorcs are the only class in game with access to magical dmg because ... immersion ?

nirn is a game issue, sorc's jsut need frags fixed and OL adjusted.

wpn dmg and sp dmg need to be normalized (read: gear and champion system methods to increase from base should be equal or near)
    Edited by Valnas on April 30, 2015 6:31PM
    Fluph Head EP sorc dank magus
    valnäs EP nb
    opHotterslol AD dk
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    olsborg wrote: »
    If sorcs who focus on burst, maxing their magicka and spelldmg and trying to get might of the guild to procc for most spells they cast are to get nerfed, then do the same for nbs who does the same with their stamina and weapon dmg and sneak attacks. Fairness for all.

The NB cannot spam 10K shields, cannot stand in his minefield untouchable by melee, cannot blink away into the sunset when everything else fails.

Once he can do that, we can talk fairness.

Spam dodge roll, fear melee, cloak and shadow image...
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Valnas
    Valnas
    ✭✭✭✭
    if you think shields provide more survivability than what a nb can manage you just don't know how to defend yourself with all your resource pools effectively.
    Fluph Head EP sorc dank magus
    valnäs EP nb
    opHotterslol AD dk
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigh.

A method for leveling low level characters becomes public knowledge and it is hot-fixed the SAME DAY.

A bugged armor trait allows people to negate damage from all magicka builds in PvP, and it will be fixed "several months" from now.

This is just completely unnaceptable.
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigh.

A method for leveling low level characters becomes public knowledge and it is hot-fixed the SAME DAY.

A bugged armor trait allows people to negate damage from all magicka builds in PvP, and it will be fixed "several months" from now.

noticed that pattern too have you, this crap has been like this since the start of the game. btw im really enjoying the new content for pvp players as well.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorcs want I win mode

so weak

nirn is fine

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Trolling & Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ArtG on May 1, 2015 2:05PM
  • Kelleton
    Kelleton
    ✭✭✭
    I refuse to use broken mechanics in the game like this, maybe im too cheap, or maybe its laziness, but I refuse to follow the flavor of the month builds. my build has pretty much been the same since hitting v14 with the exception of a few morphs.
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sphinx2318 wrote: »
    LOL.

^^^^^ 100% this guy is running all nirnhoned and is terrified of it getting fixed.

100% you are a sorc player who wants easy frags
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigh.

I got hit with15k crystal frag through 39k SR settle down with the hyperbole that has no basis in fact
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ifthir_ESO wrote: »
    sorcs want I win mode

so weak

nirn is fine

As if sorcs are the only class that might like to use magicka.

Just because one thing is out of line, doesn't make it right for another to be out of line.

[Moderator Note: Edited moderated quote]
    Edited by ZOS_ArtG on May 1, 2015 2:06PM
  • TheElementalPlatypus
    Sigh.

I got hit with15k crystal frag through 39k SR settle down with the hyperbole that has no basis in fact

Settle down with the hyperbole m8. Ah its useless forum trolls gonna be forums trolls, but nonetheless this thread isnt sorc qq thread, its nirn NEEDS FIX thread, people clearly cant read above a 1st grade level around these parts.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For all the people who whine about crystal frag / velocious curse / endless fury / proxy / blazing shield damage and the need of nirnhoded to counter it, well there is a reason why it hits you that hard. I'm pretty sure that you haven't spent as many champion points or enchants in poison / disease / magic resistances than you did for fire / frost / lightning resistances and I cannot blame you.

There is a very logical explanation for this. Impulse, one of the best aoe ability in the game deals elemental damage (fire / frost / lightning) so most people have been spending CPs and enchants to counter that damage leaving less room for magic resistances.

Consequences :

- Most of dragonknight abilities deal fire and will be less effective (the reason why magicka DKs have a hard time atm)
    - Most of sorcerer abilities deal magic damage and will be lot more effective

Conclusion : Nirnhoded needs a nerf and people need to adjust their champion points more into magic resistances if they want to counter sorcs / templars / proximity damage.

Magicka DKs also need some love. Either a passive which add more spell penetration or something to make their fire damage burning and not tickling.

Edited by frozywozy on April 30, 2015 8:32PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disagree re nirn

its the only thing keeping cyrodiil from being all sorcs
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disagree re nirn

how many times do you have to say the same thing to try and make the forum look like people agree with you.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disagree re nirn

how many times do you have to say the same thing to try and make the forum look like people agree with you.

ask @ezareth, hes still trying :D
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    disagree re nirn

He's been saying Sorcs were OP since launch. Don't expect anything rational on that front.

I love how the Alliance War forums have become the Nerf This, No Nerf That forums (Usually Sorcs).

God what I'd give for a good old Trash Talking Spiderman thread....but they banned those....in favor of the ohh so much better experience we have today. No wonder these forums are a ghost town.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Kelleton
    Kelleton
    ✭✭✭
    disagree re nirn

He's been saying Sorcs were OP since launch. Don't expect anything rational on that front.

I love how the Alliance War forums have become the Nerf This, No Nerf That forums (Usually Sorcs).

God what I'd give for a good old Trash Talking Spiderman thread....but they banned those....in favor of the ohh so much better experience we have today. No wonder these forums are a ghost town.

Spiderman is crap, everyone knows the Hulk is where it's at.
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorcs are invuln to phys dmg with one cast you sorc homers are fine with that but someone has magic resist which reduces magick dmg and you are calling for nerfs

difference being everyone has access to nirn

only sorcs have the best class shield

nb literally haa no shield
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    disagree re nirn

For someone who says he dislikes these types of threads so much, you sure contribute a whole lot to keeping them going, while also creating your own.
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disagree re nirn

you are asking for nirn nerfs in this thread not me buddy

I havent said since launch sorcs were op you are lying but feel free to find me saying that

sorc homers want doom god mode

instead accept that sometimes there is a rock to your scissors
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disagree re nirn

how many times are sorc players gonna qq over nirn?
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    olsborg wrote: »
    If sorcs who focus on burst, maxing their magicka and spelldmg and trying to get might of the guild to procc for most spells they cast are to get nerfed, then do the same for nbs who does the same with their stamina and weapon dmg and sneak attacks. Fairness for all.

The NB cannot spam 10K shields, cannot stand in his minefield untouchable by melee, cannot blink away into the sunset when everything else fails.

Once he can do that, we can talk fairness.

Spam dodge roll, fear melee, cloak and shadow image...

everyone has dodge roll
    fear is available to any player via ww skill
    cloak negated by detects

your move
    Edited by Ifthir_ESO on April 30, 2015 9:23PM
  • Flawlless
    Flawlless
    ✭✭✭
    How do people still not understand this concept? When stamima builds are regularly hitting for 10k yeah it's only fair a sorc should be able to hit for that much with crystal frags or a dk with flame lash. Otherwise there is literally no point in doing a squishy light armor build.
  • Oughash
    Oughash
    ✭✭✭✭

Well, I tried to make a thread commemorating our lost forum warriors but they deleted that, too. :'(
    Edited by Oughash on April 30, 2015 9:33PM