Maintenance for the week of January 30:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – January 30
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – February 1, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – February 1, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)

@ZOS - Why nirn needs a fix sooner

  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Flawlless wrote: »
    How do people still not understand this concept? When stamima builds are regularly hitting for 10k yeah it's only fair a sorc should be able to hit for that much with crystal frags or a dk with flame lash. Otherwise there is literally no point in doing a squishy light armor build.
    The point of Light Armor is utility. (In theory.)
    Edited by Lava_Croft on April 30, 2015 9:34PM
  • Flawlless
    Flawlless
    ✭✭✭
    Except you can get the same sustain (or better if were not talking about sorcs) in medium armor. Light armor is supposed to be for glass canons not just glass.
    Edited by Flawlless on April 30, 2015 10:13PM
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »

    I can think of FIVE other mechanics off the stop of my head that reduce your Magicka damage just as much, if not MORE than Nirnhoned: Heavy Armor, Reinforced Medium Armor, Empowered Ward, Dampen Magic and... wait for it... BLOCKING.

    Even in the long, sorry history of PvP whines, this whole Nirnhoned business really takes the cake. You guys want to nerf armor pieces that required the owner to either grind Craglorn mat nodes until his eyes fell out or pay 15,000 G or more for each piece!

    It's amazing that people who roll these glass cannon builds expect everyone else to just bend over and take 20,000 HP damage all the time.

    ZoS, please bring back the LOL button!

    Kind of the point isn't it?

    Quite happy for everyone else to lose 20k health to stamina based damage but not allow them to dish out the same in return?

    No one is suggesting nerf stamina or buff magicka builds here.
    Edited by BRogueNZ on April 30, 2015 10:47PM
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    For all the people who whine about crystal frag / velocious curse / endless fury / proxy / blazing shield damage and the need of nirnhoded to counter it, well there is a reason why it hits you that hard. I'm pretty sure that you haven't spent as many champion points or enchants in poison / disease / magic resistances than you did for fire / frost / lightning resistances and I cannot blame you.

    There is a very logical explanation for this. Impulse, one of the best aoe ability in the game deals elemental damage (fire / frost / lightning) so most people have been spending CPs and enchants to counter that damage leaving less room for magic resistances.

    Consequences :

    - Most of dragonknight abilities deal fire and will be less effective (the reason why magicka DKs have a hard time atm)
    - Most of sorcerer abilities deal magic damage and will be lot more effective

    Conclusion : Nirnhoded needs a nerf and people need to adjust their champion points more into magic resistances if they want to counter sorcs / templars / proximity damage.

    Magicka DKs also need some love. Either a passive which add more spell penetration or something to make their fire damage burning and not tickling.

    I run all my points in the Magic Reduction one and I still eat high damage crystal frags from sorcs with 37k Spell Resist.

  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BRogueNZ wrote: »
    ToRelax wrote: »

    I can think of FIVE other mechanics off the stop of my head that reduce your Magicka damage just as much, if not MORE than Nirnhoned: Heavy Armor, Reinforced Medium Armor, Empowered Ward, Dampen Magic and... wait for it... BLOCKING.

    Even in the long, sorry history of PvP whines, this whole Nirnhoned business really takes the cake. You guys want to nerf armor pieces that required the owner to either grind Craglorn mat nodes until his eyes fell out or pay 15,000 G or more for each piece!

    It's amazing that people who roll these glass cannon builds expect everyone else to just bend over and take 20,000 HP damage all the time.

    ZoS, please bring back the LOL button!

    Kind of the point isn't it?

    Quite happy for everyone else to lose 20k health to stamina based damage but not allow them to dish out the same in return?

    No one is suggesting nerf stamina or buff magicka builds here.

    If you play around with quotes, at least do it right, please :) .

    Besides that.

    @ZOS, stop editing and deleting every post you don't like and ban the obvious trolls on these forums, it's a disgrace.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

    Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Flawlless wrote: »
    Except you can get the same sustain (or better if were not talking about sorcs) in medium armor. Light armor is supposed to be for glass canons not just glass.
    Light Armor is meant for Magicka users and Magicka users still have access to more utility skills than anyone else. Wearing Light Armor is sacrificing survivability for utility. Unless you are a Sorcerer.
    Edited by Lava_Croft on May 1, 2015 1:02AM
  • MormondPayne_EP
    MormondPayne_EP
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    Ifthir_ESO wrote: »
    disagree re nirn

    its the only thing keeping cyrodiil from being all sorcs

    how many times do you have to say the same thing to try and make the forum look like people agree with you.

    He's been saying Sorcs were OP since launch. Don't expect anything rational on that front.

    I love how the Alliance War forums have become the Nerf This, No Nerf That forums (Usually Sorcs).

    God what I'd give for a good old Trash Talking Spiderman thread....but they banned those....in favor of the ohh so much better experience we have today. No wonder these forums are a ghost town.

    These forums aren't a ghost town, they are a town filled with village idiots and drunks (for the most part) who seem to have the broken record repeatedly say "Nerf sorc, nerf sorc... "

    Nothing is more frustrating than a player who finds a broken mechanic, exploits it, then comes to believe they are a good player and defends to the death any attempt to balance it in a rational way.

    Last night a group of 6 of us (1 stam DK, the other 5 various magicka builds) ran across the AD emperor on Chillrend (he was not emp at the time) a stamina templar who has to be rolling in full Nirn gear. When he was not infinitely dodge rolling, I hit him with 3 procc'd crystal frags, boosted with might of the guild and my 3 frags combined did a total of 5.7k damage to him.

    Ridiculous, this is exploiting a broken mechanic. It's borderline cheating.
    Edited by MormondPayne_EP on May 1, 2015 1:24AM
  • Beesting
    Beesting
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nerf bash, i run with one nirn chest piece and nirn flame staff as magica dk and the thing that kills me faster than anything is bash spammed 5 times

    For realz

    All the other remarks in this thread i have not experienced so i dont know what the problem is
    Beesting, Bosmer Magica DK, AD EU, crafter
    Slager, Dunmer Magica DK, DC EU, pvp
    Farmer, Dunmer Magica DK, AD EU, trials build

    Every major patch looks like the end of the world but somehow i just cannot stop playing.
  • Aminals
    Aminals
    ✭✭✭
    People hate on hybrid builds but I like that I can hit fairly hard with both spells and weapon abilities. While neither is over the top, if they're practically immune to my dark flare then focused aim will usually do the trick. The reverse is also true.
    Apollos
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I personaly find both Nirns pointless and broken. Cause stack gold nirn weapon with LA passive with the champion system that boost LA effectiveness and increase spell penatration and a player has like 15K or even 20K spell penatration. again why did ZoS even add them to the game? just for a new set station that isn't even good?
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry forestd but you're wrong. Gold nirnhoned staff and light spell penetration gives just around 12500 penetration (tested ingame) champ spell penetration is near useless and adds 2 damage per point. You can go all in and add apprentice for around 3250 further penetration. Meaning if you're at 45k resists, you still got capped mitigation after nirnhoned and light armor penetration. And 45% mitigation if apprentice is also used. Also note thats mines don't benefit from spell penetration at all.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is something else to consider.

    Resistance debuffs are applied BEFORE nirnhoned. Thats why nirn is pretty pointless for light armor for example. If your base resists get fully pierced there is nothing left nirn can do its magic with.

    So getting elemental drain will give far more of a dmg boost than apprentice for example.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

    Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

  • Sphinx2318
    Sphinx2318
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ifthir_ESO wrote: »
    Sphinx2318 wrote: »
    LOL.

    I can think of FIVE other mechanics off the stop of my head that reduce your Magicka damage just as much, if not MORE than Nirnhoned: Heavy Armor, Reinforced Medium Armor, Empowered Ward, Dampen Magic and... wait for it... BLOCKING.

    Even in the long, sorry history of PvP whines, this whole Nirnhoned business really takes the cake. You guys want to nerf armor pieces that required the owner to either grind Craglorn mat nodes until his eyes fell out or pay 15,000 G or more for each piece!

    It's amazing that people who roll these glass cannon builds expect everyone else to just bend over and take 20,000 HP damage all the time.

    ZoS, please bring back the LOL button!

    ^^^^^ 100% this guy is running all nirnhoned and is terrified of it getting fixed.

    100% you are a sorc player who wants easy frags

    nope actually..... im a magicka DK that has been nerfed to the ground constantly since launch. at this point i am completely used to having EVERYTHING taken away from me.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    After bouncing back and forth between magic and stamina, now back to magic, I will say...Nirnhoned will have to be looked at sooner rather then later.

    I will say this though, I agree with Pixysticks that it can be countered, it just costs way more to counter Nirnhoned then to use it. Nirnhoned is simply too good.

    I do know one thing though, later this evening, I am crafting a few more divines pieces, and switching out my Mundas for the Apprentice. I can get away with this because im a Breton and have cheaper spells then anyone who isn't a Breton, so the loss of Regen from Atronach won't hurt "quite as much" as it would other specs. I run into more people doing this, so Apprentice Stone here i come i guess until they fix this...

    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP



    Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

    "Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    woodsro wrote: »
    After bouncing back and forth between magic and stamina, now back to magic, I will say...Nirnhoned will have to be looked at sooner rather then later.

    I will say this though, I agree with Pixysticks that it can be countered, it just costs way more to counter Nirnhoned then to use it. Nirnhoned is simply too good.

    I do know one thing though, later this evening, I am crafting a few more divines pieces, and switching out my Mundas for the Apprentice. I can get away with this because im a Breton and have cheaper spells then anyone who isn't a Breton, so the loss of Regen from Atronach won't hurt "quite as much" as it would other specs. I run into more people doing this, so Apprentice Stone here i come i guess until they fix this...

    Nirnhoned does need to be looked at..However so does Sorcs...it 4-5 Pieces of Nirnhoned are the only thing keeping Sorcs in check right now...Something need to be done about that class when they adjust Nirnhoned.

  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    woodsro wrote: »
    After bouncing back and forth between magic and stamina, now back to magic, I will say...Nirnhoned will have to be looked at sooner rather then later.

    I will say this though, I agree with Pixysticks that it can be countered, it just costs way more to counter Nirnhoned then to use it. Nirnhoned is simply too good.

    I do know one thing though, later this evening, I am crafting a few more divines pieces, and switching out my Mundas for the Apprentice. I can get away with this because im a Breton and have cheaper spells then anyone who isn't a Breton, so the loss of Regen from Atronach won't hurt "quite as much" as it would other specs. I run into more people doing this, so Apprentice Stone here i come i guess until they fix this...

    Nirnhoned does need to be looked at..However so does Sorcs...it 4-5 Pieces of Nirnhoned are the only thing keeping Sorcs in check right now...Something need to be done about that class when they adjust Nirnhoned.

    stop getting hit by the most avoidable damage in the game, then you will see that sorcs are just fine.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    woodsro wrote: »
    After bouncing back and forth between magic and stamina, now back to magic, I will say...Nirnhoned will have to be looked at sooner rather then later.

    I will say this though, I agree with Pixysticks that it can be countered, it just costs way more to counter Nirnhoned then to use it. Nirnhoned is simply too good.

    I do know one thing though, later this evening, I am crafting a few more divines pieces, and switching out my Mundas for the Apprentice. I can get away with this because im a Breton and have cheaper spells then anyone who isn't a Breton, so the loss of Regen from Atronach won't hurt "quite as much" as it would other specs. I run into more people doing this, so Apprentice Stone here i come i guess until they fix this...

    Nirnhoned does need to be looked at..However so does Sorcs...it 4-5 Pieces of Nirnhoned are the only thing keeping Sorcs in check right now...Something need to be done about that class when they adjust Nirnhoned.

    Make it so damage shields no longer stack (akin to the reasoning why various morphs of barrier don't stack).
    Reduce burst (or increase HP) across the board to increase TTL.
    Fix CC break and Double CC issues.
    Decrease the power of nirnhoned (while trying not to make it useless).

    And, as with all things, fix the dang lag.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    woodsro wrote: »
    After bouncing back and forth between magic and stamina, now back to magic, I will say...Nirnhoned will have to be looked at sooner rather then later.

    I will say this though, I agree with Pixysticks that it can be countered, it just costs way more to counter Nirnhoned then to use it. Nirnhoned is simply too good.

    I do know one thing though, later this evening, I am crafting a few more divines pieces, and switching out my Mundas for the Apprentice. I can get away with this because im a Breton and have cheaper spells then anyone who isn't a Breton, so the loss of Regen from Atronach won't hurt "quite as much" as it would other specs. I run into more people doing this, so Apprentice Stone here i come i guess until they fix this...

    Nirnhoned does need to be looked at..However so does Sorcs...it 4-5 Pieces of Nirnhoned are the only thing keeping Sorcs in check right now...Something need to be done about that class when they adjust Nirnhoned.

    stop getting hit by the most avoidable damage in the game, then you will see that sorcs are just fine.

    pretty much.

    Also i ran a Stamina Sorc for a while, and i was able to kill people much faster then magic.

    Stamina like Magic has advantages and disadvantages, but in terms of pure burst...a Stamina build can absolutely crush people. I wish Magic had that kinda of burst.

    I know Frag proc's can bug sometimes and do more damage then intended, thats slated tobe fixed, and thats what some people are refering to and are mistaking for Sorc's being OP, its a bug...it will be fixed.

    Folks who think Stamina don't have it good, and magic is too OP needs to look no further then DC's own Lord @fengrush, a Stamina based Sorc running two handed and bow who absolutely obliterates people. Cloaked in lighting with a very large sword, and he brings that pain right to your doorstep...i felt sorry for the poor slods last night trying to fight him on the Star...he was just crushing folks last night when i logged.....
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP



    Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

    "Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    woodsro wrote: »
    I do know one thing though, later this evening, I am crafting a few more divines pieces, and switching out my Mundas for the Apprentice. I can get away with this because im a Breton and have cheaper spells then anyone who isn't a Breton, so the loss of Regen from Atronach won't hurt "quite as much" as it would other specs. I run into more people doing this, so Apprentice Stone here i come i guess until they fix this...

    I hate to be the one to break this to you but the 9% Magicka Regen Altmer Passive provides far more magicka than the savings from the Breton cost reduction could ever give you, usually by a factor of 2-3 in most scenarios. I've done all the math ) =

    Everyone is acting like all you have to do is use Apprentice and Nirnhoned is suddenly countered or something. I find this notion laughable. It somewhat offesets Nirnhoned for Light armor users perhaps. But what about people wearing 4 or more pieces of Nirnhoned on Medium/Heavy armor? It provides a negligible amount of aid and the lost of magicka regen will hurt you far more (against *all* opponents).
    Edited by Ezareth on May 1, 2015 6:18PM
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    woodsro wrote: »
    After bouncing back and forth between magic and stamina, now back to magic, I will say...Nirnhoned will have to be looked at sooner rather then later.

    I will say this though, I agree with Pixysticks that it can be countered, it just costs way more to counter Nirnhoned then to use it. Nirnhoned is simply too good.

    I do know one thing though, later this evening, I am crafting a few more divines pieces, and switching out my Mundas for the Apprentice. I can get away with this because im a Breton and have cheaper spells then anyone who isn't a Breton, so the loss of Regen from Atronach won't hurt "quite as much" as it would other specs. I run into more people doing this, so Apprentice Stone here i come i guess until they fix this...

    Nirnhoned does need to be looked at..However so does Sorcs...it 4-5 Pieces of Nirnhoned are the only thing keeping Sorcs in check right now...Something need to be done about that class when they adjust Nirnhoned.

    I'm being "Kept in check" by good players who aren't abusing a broken mechanic all the time. Only bad players need Nirnhoned to be useful against sorcs.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    woodsro wrote: »
    After bouncing back and forth between magic and stamina, now back to magic, I will say...Nirnhoned will have to be looked at sooner rather then later.

    I will say this though, I agree with Pixysticks that it can be countered, it just costs way more to counter Nirnhoned then to use it. Nirnhoned is simply too good.

    I do know one thing though, later this evening, I am crafting a few more divines pieces, and switching out my Mundas for the Apprentice. I can get away with this because im a Breton and have cheaper spells then anyone who isn't a Breton, so the loss of Regen from Atronach won't hurt "quite as much" as it would other specs. I run into more people doing this, so Apprentice Stone here i come i guess until they fix this...

    Nirnhoned does need to be looked at..However so does Sorcs...it 4-5 Pieces of Nirnhoned are the only thing keeping Sorcs in check right now...Something need to be done about that class when they adjust Nirnhoned.

    The buff on procced fragments needs to be revisited. I don´t understand why that was addet in the first place (well i do but i don´t think it was an intelligent attempt to make the skill pve vaible - animation fix and maybe a reliable mechanic would have done wonders).

    The rest of sorc dmg is actually pretty comparable to pre 1.6 numbers x 10. The HP change is making the huge difference in ppls perception here.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

    Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree it needs to be fixed yesterday.

    Also, did I see someone crying about a 15k cost at end game? IIRC right now with the screw-up, I mean bug, I thought one only needed 2 pieces with nirn to get max mitigation of magicka builds.
    Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    Xsorus wrote: »
    woodsro wrote: »
    After bouncing back and forth between magic and stamina, now back to magic, I will say...Nirnhoned will have to be looked at sooner rather then later.

    I will say this though, I agree with Pixysticks that it can be countered, it just costs way more to counter Nirnhoned then to use it. Nirnhoned is simply too good.

    I do know one thing though, later this evening, I am crafting a few more divines pieces, and switching out my Mundas for the Apprentice. I can get away with this because im a Breton and have cheaper spells then anyone who isn't a Breton, so the loss of Regen from Atronach won't hurt "quite as much" as it would other specs. I run into more people doing this, so Apprentice Stone here i come i guess until they fix this...

    Nirnhoned does need to be looked at..However so does Sorcs...it 4-5 Pieces of Nirnhoned are the only thing keeping Sorcs in check right now...Something need to be done about that class when they adjust Nirnhoned.

    I'm being "Kept in check" by good players who aren't abusing a broken mechanic all the time. Only bad players need Nirnhoned to be useful against sorcs.

    So you're saying i'm a good player? Since I wasn't using Nirnhoned against ya in that video?

    >:)
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Xsorus wrote: »
    woodsro wrote: »
    After bouncing back and forth between magic and stamina, now back to magic, I will say...Nirnhoned will have to be looked at sooner rather then later.

    I will say this though, I agree with Pixysticks that it can be countered, it just costs way more to counter Nirnhoned then to use it. Nirnhoned is simply too good.

    I do know one thing though, later this evening, I am crafting a few more divines pieces, and switching out my Mundas for the Apprentice. I can get away with this because im a Breton and have cheaper spells then anyone who isn't a Breton, so the loss of Regen from Atronach won't hurt "quite as much" as it would other specs. I run into more people doing this, so Apprentice Stone here i come i guess until they fix this...

    Nirnhoned does need to be looked at..However so does Sorcs...it 4-5 Pieces of Nirnhoned are the only thing keeping Sorcs in check right now...Something need to be done about that class when they adjust Nirnhoned.

    The buff on procced fragments needs to be revisited. I don´t understand why that was addet in the first place (well i do but i don´t think it was an intelligent attempt to make the skill pve vaible - animation fix and maybe a reliable mechanic would have done wonders).

    The rest of sorc dmg is actually pretty comparable to pre 1.6 numbers x 10. The HP change is making the huge difference in ppls perception here.

    The HP change is one factor, the biggest factor in my opinion is the change to Impenetrable. Going from not having Crits on ya, to getting hit by a crap ton of Crits is a big change...Esp since the guy with Shields up still basically is living in no crit land.

  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Ezareth wrote: »
    Xsorus wrote: »
    woodsro wrote: »
    After bouncing back and forth between magic and stamina, now back to magic, I will say...Nirnhoned will have to be looked at sooner rather then later.

    I will say this though, I agree with Pixysticks that it can be countered, it just costs way more to counter Nirnhoned then to use it. Nirnhoned is simply too good.

    I do know one thing though, later this evening, I am crafting a few more divines pieces, and switching out my Mundas for the Apprentice. I can get away with this because im a Breton and have cheaper spells then anyone who isn't a Breton, so the loss of Regen from Atronach won't hurt "quite as much" as it would other specs. I run into more people doing this, so Apprentice Stone here i come i guess until they fix this...

    Nirnhoned does need to be looked at..However so does Sorcs...it 4-5 Pieces of Nirnhoned are the only thing keeping Sorcs in check right now...Something need to be done about that class when they adjust Nirnhoned.

    I'm being "Kept in check" by good players who aren't abusing a broken mechanic all the time. Only bad players need Nirnhoned to be useful against sorcs.

    So you're saying i'm a good player? Since I wasn't using Nirnhoned against ya in that video?

    >:)

    Of course you're a good player and I equally believe you don't need Nirnhoned like you seem to say you do. In fact I recall you did just fine against them when you weren't using nirnhoned but in your case it's obviously a case of desiring the easy mode path to victory. Hell you're a DK....magicka sorcs should be your easiest matchup.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Ezareth wrote: »
    Xsorus wrote: »
    woodsro wrote: »
    After bouncing back and forth between magic and stamina, now back to magic, I will say...Nirnhoned will have to be looked at sooner rather then later.

    I will say this though, I agree with Pixysticks that it can be countered, it just costs way more to counter Nirnhoned then to use it. Nirnhoned is simply too good.

    I do know one thing though, later this evening, I am crafting a few more divines pieces, and switching out my Mundas for the Apprentice. I can get away with this because im a Breton and have cheaper spells then anyone who isn't a Breton, so the loss of Regen from Atronach won't hurt "quite as much" as it would other specs. I run into more people doing this, so Apprentice Stone here i come i guess until they fix this...

    Nirnhoned does need to be looked at..However so does Sorcs...it 4-5 Pieces of Nirnhoned are the only thing keeping Sorcs in check right now...Something need to be done about that class when they adjust Nirnhoned.

    I'm being "Kept in check" by good players who aren't abusing a broken mechanic all the time. Only bad players need Nirnhoned to be useful against sorcs.

    So you're saying i'm a good player? Since I wasn't using Nirnhoned against ya in that video?

    >:)

    Of course you're a good player and I equally believe you don't need Nirnhoned like you seem to say you do. In fact I recall you did just fine against them when you weren't using nirnhoned but in your case it's obviously a case of desiring the easy mode path to victory. Hell you're a DK....magicka sorcs should be your easiest matchup.

    You're like the only Sorc i've killed on my DK in 1.6 lol

  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Ezareth wrote: »
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Ezareth wrote: »
    Xsorus wrote: »
    woodsro wrote: »
    After bouncing back and forth between magic and stamina, now back to magic, I will say...Nirnhoned will have to be looked at sooner rather then later.

    I will say this though, I agree with Pixysticks that it can be countered, it just costs way more to counter Nirnhoned then to use it. Nirnhoned is simply too good.

    I do know one thing though, later this evening, I am crafting a few more divines pieces, and switching out my Mundas for the Apprentice. I can get away with this because im a Breton and have cheaper spells then anyone who isn't a Breton, so the loss of Regen from Atronach won't hurt "quite as much" as it would other specs. I run into more people doing this, so Apprentice Stone here i come i guess until they fix this...

    Nirnhoned does need to be looked at..However so does Sorcs...it 4-5 Pieces of Nirnhoned are the only thing keeping Sorcs in check right now...Something need to be done about that class when they adjust Nirnhoned.

    I'm being "Kept in check" by good players who aren't abusing a broken mechanic all the time. Only bad players need Nirnhoned to be useful against sorcs.

    So you're saying i'm a good player? Since I wasn't using Nirnhoned against ya in that video?

    >:)

    Of course you're a good player and I equally believe you don't need Nirnhoned like you seem to say you do. In fact I recall you did just fine against them when you weren't using nirnhoned but in your case it's obviously a case of desiring the easy mode path to victory. Hell you're a DK....magicka sorcs should be your easiest matchup.

    You're like the only Sorc i've killed on my DK in 1.6 lol

    I seriously wonder if there is ever anything you're honest about. Sorcs are my second easiest kill right now next to Jesus beaming Templar.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • KeplerMG
    KeplerMG
    ✭✭✭
    Heavy Armor is the root of the problem. It makes absolutely no sense that the characters with the most armor should also have the most spell resist. This breaks the game, even without nirnhoned. Add the nirnhoned factor in and the game is now a complete disaster.

    There are so many broken things like this in this game that would get fixed so fast if ZOS would just take a history lesson in MMO's.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KeplerMG wrote: »
    Heavy Armor is the root of the problem. It makes absolutely no sense that the characters with the most armor should also have the most spell resist. This breaks the game, even without nirnhoned. Add the nirnhoned factor in and the game is now a complete disaster.

    There are so many broken things like this in this game that would get fixed so fast if ZOS would just take a history lesson in MMO's.

    I don't really have a problem with that... and it most certainly is not the root of complaints about nirnhoned... :confused: .
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

    Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    KeplerMG wrote: »
    Heavy Armor is the root of the problem. It makes absolutely no sense that the characters with the most armor should also have the most spell resist. This breaks the game, even without nirnhoned. Add the nirnhoned factor in and the game is now a complete disaster.

    There are so many broken things like this in this game that would get fixed so fast if ZOS would just take a history lesson in MMO's.

    Tell me, what should Heavy Armor have then?

    Poor sustain, worse damage. It focuses on survivability and provides that.

    Prior to 1.6, HA was utterly useless in PVP (and not much more useful in PVE).
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
Sign In or Register to comment.