Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

@ZOS - Why nirn needs a fix sooner

TheElementalPlatypus
Nirn is currently ruining magic builds, not simply where I encounter one unkillable user with it every hour... its more along the lines of if I am running with a partner or solo and we bait 3 enemies CHANCES ARE... at least one of them will be running it.

This is making a ton of magic builds completely and utterly useless, and its making pvp a borefest. I dont mind fighting good enemies, I dont mind fighting ANNOYING enemies, but what I DO mind is fighting bad enemies who are ONLY performing the way they are due to nirn. It doesnt take some major skill, it takes a bit of gold and time to find a crafter and BAM you're a walking tank against magic builds.

To all you NB gankers running around with your one shot builds... IMAGINE just for a second everyone (almost everyone) in pvp was running a SIMPLE armor trait they could buy that would reduce those 18k snipes to around 10-11k. Or imagine to those gankers who hit the 14k snipes to hit for around 5-7k. Yeah wouldnt be a pretty picture for you guys, as you rely on heavy burst.

Now to all the stamina builds in general, imagine your hard hitting abilities or even spammable abilities such as suprise attack were halved against one out of every three or so people you came across, well thats what it feels like at the moment.

Recently I've seen an increase in the magic DK... except one difference.. they are unkillable. Permablock WITH nirn is.. haha. I honestly am not going to complain about permablock as thats not what this is for but nirn ADDED on to the already incredible tankiness of permablock is absolutely insane. The fact is these guys aren't having bad sustain or hitting low as they should for this tankiness. They hit hard, can spam CC/Damage and be incredibly tanky, to a degree they are almost impenetrable against magic builds. Do I have a problem with DK? Not at all, what I have a problem with is nirn, and this class seems to be most affected with the ability to permablock.

ZOS said this in another thread
Huntler wrote: »
Nala_ wrote: »
ZOS never said nirnhorn was bugged. its working exacrly the way they designed it to work, they just realized they buffed it to much so theyre bringing it back down to a normal level next patch. anyone who says that its bugged and not ok to use is just a rager.

This, they vastly overbuffed it without realizing the consequences. It was compounded by how they changed armor in 1.6 to reflect defensive stats. I imagine they'll likely just cut the values of the nirn stats by some factor as that is the quickest, cheapest, easiest solution. And we know how much they like band-aids :p

This is actually one of the reasons we're not doing a quick and dirty 'fix' immediately, and addressing it after console launch. It needs some rebalancing/redesigning, which will take some time to do right.

Whoop de doo, I'm as happy as the next guy for a THOUGHT OUT reajdustment, but it doesnt take much to simply remove it or nerf it to uselessness until then.. the rest of us are playing the game ON EARTH without that trait. Some people are enjoying it, and are going to continue until it gets a fix. But the fact is there is little point in playing a magic build when WE have nothing to negate STAMINA damage... I'm sure if it was reversed there would be a TON of outrage on it and stamina users would want a fix. We should NOT be disadvantaged playing as a magic build due to ONE trait. Before this PLENTY of people did fine running other traits they can do it again.

Months for a fix will only let the wildfire spread and corrupt more and more users of nirn making magic builds harder and harder to play. By no means does nirn give inherent skill, make the player a bad player for using it, but it does destroy the fun of fighting users as a magic build. I for one hate the trait and hate something so overpowered and utterly broken could be overlooked, in a game this big, something like that shouldnt be happening.

Message to ZOS - Fix/Remove/Nerf nirn until you can get a complete overhaul or whatever for it, please, its ruining so many builds and options for the game, and its causing magic to feel worse and worse.

Magic is already downplayed in the CP system, which that could be another thing in itself, but we shouldnt be negated everywhere.

• Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL.

I can think of FIVE other mechanics off the stop of my head that reduce your Magicka damage just as much, if not MORE than Nirnhoned: Heavy Armor, Reinforced Medium Armor, Empowered Ward, Dampen Magic and... wait for it... BLOCKING.

Even in the long, sorry history of PvP whines, this whole Nirnhoned business really takes the cake. You guys want to nerf armor pieces that required the owner to either grind Craglorn mat nodes until his eyes fell out or pay 15,000 G or more for each piece!

It's amazing that people who roll these glass cannon builds expect everyone else to just bend over and take 20,000 HP damage all the time.

ZoS, please bring back the LOL button!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LOL.

I can think of FIVE other mechanics off the stop of my head that reduce your Magicka damage just as much, if not MORE than Nirnhoned: Heavy Armor, Reinforced Medium Armor, Empowered Ward, Dampen Magic and... wait for it... BLOCKING.

Even in the long, sorry history of PvP whines, this whole Nirnhoned business really takes the cake. You guys want to nerf armor pieces that required the owner to either grind Craglorn mat nodes until his eyes fell out or pay 15,000 G or more for each piece!

It's amazing that people who roll these glass cannon builds expect everyone else to just bend over and take 20,000 HP damage all the time.

Nirn is multiplicative with armor types and blocking, and serves as a buffer if you run shields.
    Can you at least stop spreading misinformation... bah, why am I even trying.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Trolling & Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ArtG on April 30, 2015 8:58PM
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    LOL.

Nirn is multiplicative with armor types and blocking, and serves as a buffer if you run shields.

What I'd give for a PvP rank requirement for the PVP forums or something.

[Moderator Note: Edited moderated quote]
    Edited by ZOS_ArtG on April 30, 2015 8:58PM
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL.

Spell Resistance is still hard capped at 50%. What difference does it make if you hit the cap with Reinforced Heavy or Nirnhoned Light?

Edited by ZOS_ArtG on April 30, 2015 8:59PM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL.

Spell Resistance is still hard capped at 50%. What difference does it make if you hit the cap with Reinforced Heavy or Nirnhoned Light?

Because this isn't Carebear PvE land. Actual players have this stuff called Spell Penetration that necessitates exceeding the "Hard cap" (which doesn't exist incidentally).

Edited by ZOS_ArtG on April 30, 2015 8:59PM
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LOL.

If you have no clue you could ask in the first place, please.
    Most obvious is that you can nullify spell penetration when you go past hardcap.
    Being able to use any undaunted set or other drop set pieces while still having hardcapped spell resist, or running a 5/1/1 setup in terms of armor types for the undaunted passive play a minor role, but still enough to make this trait the best one in the game.

Edited by ZOS_ArtG on April 30, 2015 9:00PM

• Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL.

Funny thing, all but the last one also reduces stamina damage.

Let me ask you this...

If someone in light armor was able to hit the physical armor cap with a trait, do you think that would be ok?
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    LOL.

If you have to troll, can you at least stop spreading misinformation... bah, why am I even trying.

Because this isn't Carebear PvE land. Actual players have this stuff called Spell Penetration that necessitates exceeding the "Hard cap" (which doesn't exist incidentally).

So go beg ZoS for a BUFF on Spell Penetration! If you keep asking for nerfs that cripple PvE builds, especially EXPENSIVE ones like Nirnhoned, don't be surprised when there's some blowback from PvE players.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • TheElementalPlatypus
    LOL.

If you have to troll, can you at least stop spreading misinformation... bah, why am I even trying.

So go beg ZoS for a BUFF on Spell Penetration! If you keep asking for nerfs that cripple PvE builds, especially EXPENSIVE ones like Nirnhoned, don't be surprised when there's some blowback from PvE players.

yes... in the alliance war section of the forums... people crying about pve...

This is 2015 WHY BOTHER READING ANYTHING THESE DAYS

and about spell penetration... I am at CP rank 150
    I have 30 points into spell erosion, using sharpened on staff, running FULL light for concentration passive, and yet my magic damage is halved by one trait... completely balanced amirite?
    Edited by TheElementalPlatypus on April 29, 2015 11:18PM
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL.

You guys keep bringing up the "Expense" of Nirnhoned like it is in any way significant. I'm rolling around with over a million gold in tri-stat pots in my bags and even more in the bank that I made in a couple months of semi-casual playing. You make 20K gold an hour or more farming in dozens of spots all over the game. Why should a 15K gold investment be sacrosanct when you've already enjoyed its benefits for a couple of months now and it trivializes so much PvE content and totally breaks an entire segment of the populations PvP capability?
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Domander wrote: »
    LOL.

Let me ask you this...

If someone in light armor was able to hit the physical armor cap with a trait, do you think that would be ok?

It would depend on what the light armor wearer had to sacrifice to get that extra resistance, IMO. If they made an "Uberhoned" 10th armor trait that cost 50K/piece, then f--- yeah, I think it would be more than OK. Sheesh, before the 1.6 update (aka Nerfageddon), Light Armor Sorcs could hit the caps just by slotting Bound Armor and running Immovable.

Edited by Emma_Overload on April 29, 2015 11:22PM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • TheElementalPlatypus
    LOL.

Let me ask you this...

It would depend on what the light armor wearer had to sacrifice to get that extra resistance, IMO. If they made an "Uberhoned" 10th armor trait that cost 50K/piece, then f--- yeah, I think it would be more than OK. Sheesh, before the 1.6 update (aka Nerfageddon), Light Armor Sorcs could hit the caps just by slotting Bound Armor and running Immovable.

Hence the update that *Fixed armor*... we are not living in the past this is 1.6.

Suprising to hear you wouldnt mind that if LA users had similar trait... would like to see that same opinion after it being in the game. Which dont get me wrong might not change, but still a suprising opinion nonetheless.

Edited by TheElementalPlatypus on April 29, 2015 11:24PM
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL.

Let me ask you this...

Not even close. Immovable, Bound Armor and full Light armor *with* a shield wouldn't put you near the cap, but since armor scaled differently then you received 70-80% of the benefit of cap.
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL.

I have 30 points into spell erosion, using sharpened on staff, running FULL light for concentration passive, and yet my magic damage is halved by one trait... completely balanced amirite?

Spell Penetration got nerfed with 1.6, for one thing. But what's hilarious is that you guys don't see the irony of complaining that other players are building for defense, when you guys are DELIBERATELY investing in CP passives and gear designed to help you kill them faster!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • TheElementalPlatypus

LOL.

Spell Penetration got nerfed with 1.6, for one thing. But what's hilarious is that you guys don't see the irony of complaining that other players are building for defense, when you guys are DELIBERATELY investing in CP passives and gear designed to help you kill them faster!

Just to point out, nowhere did I say I am against players building for defense, heavy armor ftw I really dont care about what you do to up defense... as long as there is TRADE happening in return for offense/sustain. Using NIRN Is not BUILDING for defense it is literally PAYING for defense as you dont have to change jack squaddly doo about your build to receive the insane mitigation it gives, just simply apply it.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LOL.

Using nirnhoned armor is not building for defense. Armor traits would otherwise be the least important build decision, now you get an immense benefit from it, unmatched by any CP passive, set bonus or mundus stone.

• TheElementalPlatypus
    LOL.

Using nirnhoned armor is not building for defense. Armor traits would otherwise be the least important build decision, now you get an immense benefit from it, unmatched by any CP passive, set bonus or mundus stone.

Well said, building for defense is purposely speccing into things you could otherwise spend on other things (Hence the trade) in return for better defense.

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    this is a HUGE issue, and it needs to be fixed ASAP.

Magicka users are now feeling what it felt like to use a stamina build back in the pre 1.6 days, and im sure its not pretty. 1.6 was supposed to fix the "stamina vs magicka" in-balance nonsense, not exacerbate it to heavily favor stamina users.

and here is the thing about everyone spending all that shiny coin getting this trait solely due to its state... what y'all are doing, is making it close to impossible for magicka builders to play this game's PvP. I do not care if ZOS said it is working as intended. rules and authority claiming it is not broken be danged. IT IS BROKEN. IT WILL BE FIXED. therefore, if you chose to spend all that gold on a broken trait that will soon be fixed, that is on the buyer. The "but i payed X gold for it" argument, imo, means nothing. do not spend gold on something that will be changed in just 3 months. Think on the long run, and not on impulse. do not waste gold buying this trait as it is unless you still plan to use it after the fix. Buying it for its broken state will be a huge waste of gold in just the next month or two.
  • WRX
    WRX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People in here saying "it'll break meh PvE though!".. really? If you find that to be the case I'd say that's a player issue.

And if you are a PvE player you have lots of gold anyways. Nirn is completely broken atm. Either, give it 24% increase to the armor piece for SD, OR (my personal favorite) give us a physical damage option like that too.

Just wait until my sorc has 2.5k regen and 50%+ mitigation on everything.

But really, just make it per armor piece please.
    Decibel GM

GLUB GLUB
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The answer is me. Send me some nirn and allow me to make nirn armor and weapons and they will change it next patch I promise. This has been the way for a year..as soon as I invest time in the newest thing ZOS changes it.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should fix it at the same time they nerf Magicka Sorcs heh

• The_Drexill
    The_Drexill
    ✭✭✭✭
    When they nerf Nirn, Sorc's will get gutted too... there's no way they'll let the damage stay.
    Brandizzle - NB
    Drexill The Unbreakable - Sorc

For teh covenant.
  • Rust_in_Peace
    Rust_in_Peace
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nirnhoned is broken yet everyone still runs detonation hmm something seems amiss...
  • WRX
    WRX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See I disagree sorcs need a nerf. Maybe crystal frags, but overall coming from a DK, Sorc is significantly tougher to play and the damage isn't that astounding considering how much more damage you take.

A good player will be a good player, and seeing stamina user's complain about a magicka sorc is ridiculous. Our shields don't mitigate damage, so you can blast right through them.
    Decibel GM

GLUB GLUB
  • trimsic_ESO
    trimsic_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka builds have ruled the world since 2014/04/04, and it's not a surprise to read that they want to continue this way. The sitting ducks have managed to find some protection, in a natural attempt to survive this hostile world. Of course the magicka builds are now very frustrated.

You want a nirncrux nerf? Ok, accept that all damage shields now scale off health instead of magicka. And for those who spent 100k+ gold in their stuff, pray.
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When they nerf Nirn, Sorc's will get gutted too... there's no way they'll let the damage stay.

This, atm i feel bad for everyone else than magicka sorcs. 32k resis and still 11k overload light attacks ,18k jesus beam, 10k crystal.

And i would give everything for some trait like nirnhoned for armor. No more 15k snipes.
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WRX wrote: »
    See I disagree sorcs need a nerf. Maybe crystal frags, but overall coming from a DK, Sorc is significantly tougher to play and the damage isn't that astounding considering how much more damage you take.

A good player will be a good player, and seeing stamina user's complain about a magicka sorc is ridiculous. Our shields don't mitigate damage, so you can blast right through them.

Technically shields do mitigate damage, in the form of negating crits entirely. That is a form of Mitigation right there

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If sorcs who focus on burst, maxing their magicka and spelldmg and trying to get might of the guild to procc for most spells they cast are to get nerfed, then do the same for nbs who does the same with their stamina and weapon dmg and sneak attacks. Fairness for all.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    If sorcs who focus on burst, maxing their magicka and spelldmg and trying to get might of the guild to procc for most spells they cast are to get nerfed, then do the same for nbs who does the same with their stamina and weapon dmg and sneak attacks. Fairness for all.

The NB cannot spam 10K shields, cannot stand in his minefield untouchable by melee, cannot blink away into the sunset when everything else fails.

Once he can do that, we can talk fairness.
  • DezIsDead
    DezIsDead
    ✭✭✭✭
    WRX wrote: »

youve really come over to the sorc side in style, glad to see you in the fold :#
    Dez Is Dead vr16 AD Sorc
    Rez Dez vr16 DC sorc
    Aimer Cantentius VR16 DC NB AKA Needs Vigor
    Vanreimus Comeback DC DK
    Ihealedurmum VR8 AD temp
    Unonti VR crafting sloot
    Zoschasedawaymyfweinds EP Temp