Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

2v2 PvP Tournament - Final Resut

• Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nirn is the single most OP thing in the game right now

Clearly forgetting Argonian swim speed, but whatever...
  • Sphinx2318
    Sphinx2318
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pixysticks wrote: »
    Nerf Nirn.
    Drop Crystal Frag damage 10-15%.
    Make Fear blockable.
    Lower the coefficients on stamina NB morphs by 5%.
    Buff the coefficients on magicka NB morphs by 5%.
    Add a stamina morph of Lava Whip.
    Buff the damage of the magicka morph of Lava Whip by 15%.
    Give Solar Flare a 35% chance to be instant cast when using any other spell that costs magicka.
    Release 2v2 and 3v3 arenas.
    Everyone rejoices.

#Pixysticks4President
  • Jbugz97
    Jbugz97
    ✭✭✭
    was their any magica NB that made it far in the ranking ?
    NB v14 / DC / Shades of Jbugz
    DK v12 / DC / Fear of Jbugz

Now Playing on xbox
    GT : J Bugz 3
    DC for life
    Magika NB
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jbugz97 wrote: »
    was their any magica NB that made it far in the ranking ?

If I am wrong, I apologize to the player(s), but I don't believe any magicka nightblades were in the tournament at all.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NoRefunds wrote: »
    germantrocity, being able to use mines to completely shut down any melee build is completely broken and you should realize that, saying that its not fair that your mines do not oneshot people trying to hit you in melee its completely ***. nirnohed is simply reducing the damage of those mines by a 30-40%, taking it into the balanced zone

What exactly do you think the point of the mine spell is? This spell has zero range, an activation time, a conspicuous visual graphic, the whole point of the spell is "if you come in this specific spot, prepare to take a lot of damage...avoid!" If 5 mines - a specific morph by the way, the initial skill only gives you three - does NOT deter a melee build from setting them all off, then something is BROKEN as it completely eliminates the point of the skill. Either the mines are too weak or something the melee build is using is too strong. This spell has ZERO other functionality that static denial of a small radius where the sorcerer happens to be standing.

Mines have so many easy counters complaining about their 100% avoidable damage is ridiculous. If people insist on running 2 melee weapons and complain there are specific situations that are unsuitable to their build they deserve exactly what they get.
    Edited by Joy_Division on April 29, 2015 2:49PM
  • babanovac
    babanovac
    ✭✭✭
    Jitterbug wrote: »
    Nirn is the single most OP thing in the game right now

Clearly forgetting Argonian swim speed, but whatever...

Game breaking to say the least
  • Jbugz97
    Jbugz97
    ✭✭✭
    @DisgracefulMind
    If I am wrong, I apologize to the player(s), but I don't believe any magicka nightblades were in the tournament at all.[/quote]

so sad to here. when not to long ago their were barelly any stam nb out
    NB v14 / DC / Shades of Jbugz
    DK v12 / DC / Fear of Jbugz

Now Playing on xbox
    GT : J Bugz 3
    DC for life
    Magika NB
  • Aimelin
    Aimelin
    ✭✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »
    Aimelin wrote: »
    You, and like 90% of the people here, probably don't even know or realize why everyone is hitting for insane amounts of damage, magicka and stamina builds alike. Why i won't say, or maybe i should, tho bug report has been sent in, and hopefully looked at soon.

Why don't you educate us ignorant masses?
    Nala_ wrote: »
    you instantly dying because you didnt manage your cds and react fast enough isnt really a good showcase for a nirn nerf, which you keep trying to argue like its somehting that needs to be proven when the developers have already said theyre nerfing ti next major update. you and german just like to cry and moan so it looks like you guys lost unfairly instead of being good sportsmen about it

Mate, at no point have German and Arcane acted in an unsportsmanlike manner. It was Legendary Mage who first pointed out that Sypher was running full Nirn.

That Nirnhoned armor increases TOTAL spell resist by 24% per piece is absolutely and utterly broken. The excuse that "we couldn't police it" is utter BS. All it takes it 1-2 magicka attacks to determine armor. Hell, everyone could be required to submit a screenshot of their inventory to an impartial judge. This kind of thing, in fact, happens in nearly every competitive sport.

9758239120.jpg

Armor pen with no champion points (10% from sharpened)

1b85830d6b.jpg

Armor pen with 1 point in piercing (which gives 1%) (10% from sharpened) without my weapon its at 6701

1% should NOT boost it up that high

same happens with spell erosion

go have fun everyone.
  • Pixysticks
    Pixysticks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You, and like 90% of the people here, probably don't even know or realize why everyone is hitting for insane amounts of damage, magicka and stamina builds alike. Why i won't say, or maybe i should, tho bug report has been sent in, and hopefully looked at soon.

you instantly dying because you didnt manage your cds and react fast enough isnt really a good showcase for a nirn nerf, which you keep trying to argue like its somehting that needs to be proven when the developers have already said theyre nerfing ti next major update. you and german just like to cry and moan so it looks like you guys lost unfairly instead of being good sportsmen about it

Mate, at no point have German and Arcane acted in an unsportsmanlike manner. It was Legendary Mage who first pointed out that Sypher was running full Nirn.

That Nirnhoned armor increases TOTAL spell resist by 24% per piece is absolutely and utterly broken. The excuse that "we couldn't police it" is utter BS. All it takes it 1-2 magicka attacks to determine armor. Hell, everyone could be required to submit a screenshot of their inventory to an impartial judge. This kind of thing, in fact, happens in nearly every competitive sport.

9758239120.jpg

1b85830d6b.jpg

Armor pen with 1 point in piercing (which gives 1%) (10% from sharpened) without my weapon its at 6701

go have fun everyone.

If you test the damage before that 1 point, and after that 1 point, you will see barely an increase. That's an out of date Harven's unable to deal with the change they made to Spell Erosion a few patches back.
    Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jbugz97 wrote: »
    If I am wrong, I apologize to the player(s), but I don't believe any magicka nightblades were in the tournament at all.

so sad to here. when not to long ago their were barelly any stam nb out

I agree that it would be very nice to see further diversity. However, I do come across quite a few magicka nightblades in open world who are very effective and strong. Of course they don't have the absolute burst that a stamina nightblade has, but they still do tons of damage and are very sneaky.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Aimelin
    Aimelin
    ✭✭✭

9758239120.jpg

1b85830d6b.jpg

go have fun everyone.

If you test the damage before that 1 point, and after that 1 point, you will see barely an increase. That's an out of date Harven's unable to deal with the change they made to Spell Erosion a few patches back.

Except for the fact Harvens addon doesn't calculate anything, it's an API call from ZOS API list ....

even then, the dmg is noticeable.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    germantrocity, being able to use mines to completely shut down any melee build is completely broken and you should realize that, saying that its not fair that your mines do not oneshot people trying to hit you in melee its completely ***. nirnohed is simply reducing the damage of those mines by a 30-40%, taking it into the balanced zone

So scales shuttin down every bow and magica build relying on projectiles is not completely broken i guess?
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Pixysticks
    Pixysticks
    ✭✭✭✭✭

9758239120.jpg

1b85830d6b.jpg

go have fun everyone.

Except for the fact Harvens addon doesn't calculate anything, it's an API call from ZOS API list ....

Have you tested it with the armor pen morph? Because I did with Spell Erosion and the damage was as incremental with 1 point as it was with 2, even know the API says focus rating only goes up 20 with a second point, instead of thousands with a first.
    Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
  • Aimelin
    Aimelin
    ✭✭✭

9758239120.jpg

1b85830d6b.jpg

go have fun everyone.

Have you tested it with the armor pen morph? Because I did with Spell Erosion and the damage was as incremental with 1 point as it was with 2, even know the API says focus rating only goes up 20 with a second point, instead of thousands with a first.

Except for the fact people can get 28k+ armor pen and hit 7 HA users with armor buffs for 15-20k ......

working as intended for you?
    Edited by Aimelin on April 29, 2015 3:23PM
  • Nala_
    Nala_
    ✭✭✭✭

Except for the fact people can get 28k+ armor pen and hit 7 HA users with armor buffs for 15-20k ......

working as intended for you?

you do know that 1 point in the cp for penetration is a ui bug right, lol.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Trolling & Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_BradL on April 29, 2015 11:01PM
  • Oughash
    Oughash
    ✭✭✭✭

9758239120.jpg

1b85830d6b.jpg

go have fun everyone.

I will test that the dmg actually increases tonight. I do not think that it does and that this is a case of Harven mis-reporting.
  • Aimelin
    Aimelin
    ✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

So scales shuttin down every bow and magica build relying on projectiles is not completely broken i guess?

No, as sypher thinks DKs need a buff ..... lel

dks do need a buff, lmao. you must be a bow/bow nb

in what area do DKs need a buff ?

and sure i'm a bow/bow nb with templar skills
  • Aimelin
    Aimelin
    ✭✭✭

9758239120.jpg

1b85830d6b.jpg

go have fun everyone.

I will test that the dmg actually increases tonight. I do not think that it does and that this is a case of Harven mis-reporting.

Harven can't misreport since its a simple API call, if it does thats on ZOS' end. Even if the damage isn't extremely out of proportion with that extra armor pen, hitting ppl with 21K+ armor for the amounts of dmg ppl can do (or spell resist), it has to come from somewhere.
  • Pixysticks
    Pixysticks
    ✭✭✭✭✭

9758239120.jpg

1b85830d6b.jpg

go have fun everyone.

Harven can't misreport since its a simple API call, if it does thats on ZOS' end. Even if the damage isn't extremely out of proportion with that extra armor pen, hitting ppl with 21K+ armor for the amounts of dmg ppl can do (or spell resist), it has to come from somewhere.

You obviously haven't even tested the ability that you're blindly defending, which is kind of sad considering how much you're arguing for it. Why don't you go test the damage in-game right now then come back and report the damage increase between 0 points, 1 point, and 2 points in the node.

A bunch of people here have already tested it, but it's clear you don't want to test it yourself, and aren't interested in anyone else's findings.
    Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
  • Nala_
    Nala_
    ✭✭✭✭
    0 points in - focus aim on target for 14,136
    1 point in - focus aim on target for 14,178 (3/10th of 1 percent damage increase over 0 points)
    2 points in - focus aim on target for 14,203 (4.8/10th of 1 percent damage increase over 0 points)
    3 points in - focus aim on target for 14,229 (6.6/10th of 1 percent damage increase over 0 points)

Edited by Nala_ on April 29, 2015 3:40PM
  • Nala_
    Nala_
    ✭✭✭✭
    you gotta test as stamina, or if you test as magicka u gotta dump ur points into like +healing or something so you dont see the damage going up from simply getting +magicka from putting champ points into the mage tree. thats why its easier with stamina builds because all of your damage is in the magicka tree, and +magicka doesnt increase your damage but the cp will.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree that DKs need a buff. The overall class is in shambles in regards to magica builds. Still scales is a stupidly overpowered ability for 1v1 or small scale fights...

Templar needs buffs too. Does that mean that Jesusbeam is not op against builds without ranged interrupt?
    Edited by Derra on April 29, 2015 3:41PM
    <Noricum>

• Nala_
    Nala_
    ✭✭✭✭

I agree that DKs need a buff. The overall class is in shambles in regards to magica builds. Still scales is a stupidly overpowered ability for 1v1 or small scale fights...

Templar needs buffs too. Does that mean that Jesusbeam is not op against builds without ranged interrupt?

petrify needs a nerf i think but dks need a buff. magicka dks do like 0 damage. you use to have to worry about them and now like you just ignore them.
  • Dositheus
    Dositheus
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched that again. Looks like Sypher was running 5 piece Whitestrakes, in Nirnhoned. Which means.. the mines didn't take him down to 1/3rd from 19k hp, but from around 30k hp once you take into account top tier Whitestrakes bonus. Those mines did a good bit of damage. Not saying that Nirnhoned isn't too powerful, that is kind of obvious. But, that was a bit more than just simple nirnhoned. That looks like it was also an incredibly powerful damage shield ontop of it.
  • Oughash
    Oughash
    ✭✭✭✭

Two changes I think would help DKs:

1. Change Fiery Grip so that one is dedicated to pulling enemies to you, and the other is teleport gap closer like Ambush. Both should give the Empower buff. Both should have ~24m range.

2. Let DoTs tick on shields.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [...]

Still with every penetration available i´m getting 50% dmg reduced by nirn - yeah even with apprentice.

[Moderator Note: Removed moderated quote]
    Edited by ZOS_BradL on April 29, 2015 11:03PM
    <Noricum>

• TheBucket
    TheBucket
    ✭✭✭✭

Stamina players shouldn't complain about mines when they have the option to go ranged with a simple weapon swap. I played a stamina sorc on s/b + 2h setup for a couple of months and I had no problems killing a ton of sorcs who camped in their daedric mines. Some were much harder than others, some were almost impossible to down like that, like @ToRelax for example but in no way did I think that mines are so OP, in fact the single most OP thing back then was a stamina NB enemy because it was simply impossible to kill them unless you're very lucky.

As for mines, I would use them on my stamina build sometimes and just cast them over the enemy's ones. :)

You don't even need to go ranged. Mines are counterable. You can still hit a Sorc in his mines without going in them, and Ezerath will tell you from last night. A Stamina NB with S/S and Ambush will take merely no DPS from mines by using Ambush and Holding block right after.

To note.. I wear 0 Nirn.
    William Reignes
    Magic Nightblade - Rogue Bomber
    Creator of Thirsty Thief Build (Retired 1.5)
  • Pixysticks
    Pixysticks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dositheus wrote: »
    Just watched that again. Looks like Sypher was running 5 piece Whitestrakes, in Nirnhoned. Which means.. the mines didn't take him down to 1/3rd from 19k hp, but from around 30k hp once you take into account top tier Whitestrakes bonus. Those mines did a good bit of damage. Not saying that Nirnhoned isn't too powerful, that is kind of obvious. But, that was a bit more than just simple nirnhoned. That looks like it was also an incredibly powerful damage shield ontop of it.

whoa whoa, please dont insert informed and logical information into this thread. this thread was hijacked so the 2 losing sorcs and every other angry one that exists can come and vent against nirn so they feel like better players.

Still with every penetration available i´m getting 50% dmg reduced by nirn - yeah even with apprentice.

If your target has 70k spell resist.
    Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poxheart wrote: »

I'm no sorc lover, but there's nothing wrong with mines completely shutting down melee builds. If you go all in on one mode of attack, then you shouldn't be surprised when you face counters (same as for all the ranged attack only people that complained about wings).

Also, anybody taking damage from five mines at the same time should be killed. Doing so is equivalent to being hit by 5 attacks doing a total 20K+ damage in the same time stamp. There is nothing balanced about the amount of damage reduction from stacking nirnhoned.

right so nirn is the counter to all magicka mode of attack...

if you are ok with mines then you should be ok with nirn
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They made fear unblockable because more than ever before, more and more people are running builds with endless resources. Pre 1.6 you could eventually get stamina down to finally get their block down while feared but it took awhile and people could deal with it, the attackers and defenders. Now that's WAY harder when people (even magicka builds) can run with enough stamina regen and CP passives to never run out of stamina. This would mean fear would never get to be used against someone with block down. If you are running out of stamina you need to practice better resource management because right now its super easy to maintain. The skill would not only be nerfed but made useless.

Reduce number of people feared okay fine, whatever. Give a longer CC immunity fine, I'll compromise. But DO NOT make it so you can hold block like pre 1.6, it will be the end of the skill.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!