Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please fix Nirnhoned armor

Domander
Domander
✭✭✭✭✭
It's already bad enough being magicka, but nirnhoned stacked players just makes it so unbalanced.

Waiting until the next update is just insulting.
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit out that link, linking your own posts to get it views is against the TOS for the forums... they will get on your case about it.
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »
    Edit out that link, linking your own posts to get it views is against the TOS for the forums... they will get on your case about it.

Thanks for the heads up, I could see them doing that....even though I couldn't care less about post views.
  • Flawlless
    Flawlless
    ✭✭✭
    I heard they weren't planning to fix it until June which is completely inexcusable. Then again it doesn't surprise me with how long it took them to fix the purge bug.
  • EskimoBrother
    EskimoBrother
    ✭✭✭
    agreed

-Clayton Bigsby
    -EskimoBrother

YogurtSlingerFC

• Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Domander wrote: »

Thanks for the heads up, I could see them doing that....even though I couldn't care less about post views.

No worries, just don't want it to lead to a locked thread :). And yes, waiting till June for this is beyond messed up.
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think even June is optimistic. June is console release and Gina said no changes will be made until AFTER console release. It will be at least a month where they are completely deadlocked fixing console issues after launch before they can even think about touching the rest of the game.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Oughash
    Oughash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nirn armor is borked. Needs to be fixed, asap.
  • Sythias
    Sythias
    ✭✭✭
    Could someone elucidate the issue with nirnhorned? I currently run three pieces and have around 24k spell resist. I still get nuked for 15k on occasion.
    Sythias Blackhand - Imperial Nightblade - Trueflame NA DC
    Elder Skills PVP Captain
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sythias wrote: »
    Could someone elucidate the issue with nirnhorned? I currently run three pieces and have around 24k spell resist. I still get nuked for 15k on occasion.

1. It doesn't make you immune to magicka damage
    2. 24k is nothing as most magicka users will likely have a minimum of 10k penetration, closer to 20k
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL at the usage of the word "fixed".

"NERFED" is the word you're looking for. And if it actually happens, get ready for the deluge of QQ rants from players who wasted 15,000 G per armor piece and the crafters who spent weeks or months researching that 9th trait.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • DezIsDead
    DezIsDead
    ✭✭✭✭

"NERFED" is the word you're looking for. And if it actually happens, get ready for the deluge of QQ rants from players who wasted 15,000 G per armor piece and the crafters who spent weeks or months researching that 9th trait.

I don't think it qualifies as a nerf when they said that it's currently not working as intended. That would mean fixing it would indeed be a fix not a nerf. Also screw the FOTM guru's who ZOMG gotta have Nirn to be LEET. It's seriously not a necessity like impen was in 1.5.
    Dez Is Dead vr16 AD Sorc
    Rez Dez vr16 DC sorc
    Aimer Cantentius VR16 DC NB AKA Needs Vigor
    Vanreimus Comeback DC DK
    Ihealedurmum VR8 AD temp
    Unonti VR crafting sloot
    Zoschasedawaymyfweinds EP Temp
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This crap will remain in place for the next three months.

/sigh

oh well, it is what it is.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DezIsDead wrote: »

I don't think it qualifies as a nerf when they said that it's currently not working as intended. That would mean fixing it would indeed be a fix not a nerf. Also screw the FOTM guru's who ZOMG gotta have Nirn to be LEET. It's seriously not a necessity like impen was in 1.5.

I know what ZoS said about it, but their statement was somewhat contradicted by the facts. The facts are that the spell resistance buff from Nirnhoned has been measured to be pretty close to what is described by the in-game tooltip. I'm pretty sure that what ZoS means by "unintended" in this case is that they didn't intend to hear a load of grief about Nirnhoned armor every day from PvP whiners.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Sythias
    Sythias
    ✭✭✭

2. 24k is nothing as most magicka users will likely have a minimum of 10k penetration, closer to 20k

Thanks for responding - Yeah I'm aware it's not a lot nor does it make me immune to magicka damage.

Is the problem when people are stacking up to cap?
    Elder Skills PVP Captain
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for responding - Yeah I'm aware it's not a lot nor does it make me immune to magicka damage.

yes
  • Sythias
    Sythias
    ✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »

yes

Perhaps the cap is too high then. Like I said it feels like almost no difference even with 3 pieces of legendary nirn.
    Elder Skills PVP Captain
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

yes

Perhaps the cap is too high then. Like I said it feels like almost no difference even with 3 pieces of legendary nirn.
    You can't say that when you have no control numbers against the same person on you in non nirn gear to compare to.

If the highest you're getting hit for is 15k in 3 nirn, that's a very significant reduction compared to the average high end of 20k+ before ppl all converted to nirn.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »

yes

You can't say that when you have no control numbers against the same person on you in non nirn gear to compare to.

If the highest you're getting hit for is 15k in 3 nirn, that's a very significant reduction compared to the average high end of 20k+ before ppl all converted to nirn.

So its okay for you to do 20k+ dmg? I mean most of the ppl have about 20k life. As a stamina NB i would be okay with something like nirnhoned for armor. The dmg is out of control with 1.6
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Actually I think Fixed is actually accurate considering the existing functionality of Nirnhoned is bugged.

And it only took me 2 weeks to research 7 pieces of Nirnhoned heavy armor and I've made most of my investment cost back marking up crafted pieces 5K over my mat cost. Who really cares what someone spent for the research? Gold is pointless in this game anyways. You act like that time someone had to wait for their 9th trait to be complete actually has value. there are thousands of players with all 9 traits researched on everything, it doesn't mean a thing.

yes

I noticed an immediate an quite noticeable benefit by switching to 3 pieces of Nirnhoned. When the Jesus Beam or that fragment/wrath execute hit your health bar, Nirnhoned is the difference between life/death.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not like it wont still increase spell resistance, it will just be at a balanced level, and I hope they add a similar trait just for Armor

If someone is only using it to take advantage then..... well deserved.
  • BrassRazoo
    BrassRazoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buff magic users!
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iyas wrote: »

yes

So its okay for you to do 20k+ dmg? I mean most of the ppl have about 20k life. As a stamina NB i would be okay with something like nirnhoned for armor. The dmg is out of control with 1.6
    It's as ok for me to do 20k dmg as it is for ppl to snipe me for 19k or one shot me w/ wrecking blow if you wanna go down that rout.

Damage can be toned down sure, but it shouldn't be through an armor trait that lets you get 50% passive mitigation for free basically, and anyone who's not running it is just up *** creek.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never got the mighty 19 k snipe or 20k WB. Guess im lucky. I dont think 17k armor make such a difference.
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another thread about nirn armor? ZOS already said they will nerf it next big update (june).
  • Valnas
    Valnas
    ✭✭✭✭
    when is the final version of the game with polish and no unplayable bugs ? has zeni given us a release date yet for pc version ?
    Fluph Head EP sorc dank magus
    valnäs EP nb
    opHotterslol AD dk
  • Valnas
    Valnas
    ✭✭✭✭
    june is like next year in gaming. If i had to fix things at my job (programming requests) in months instead of hours , i'd be on a line asking for a new job tomorrow.
    Fluph Head EP sorc dank magus
    valnäs EP nb
    opHotterslol AD dk
  • c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Another thread about nirn armor? ZOS already said they will nerf it next big update (june).

June is NOT the next big update. Its console release. That's it. We got MONTHS and MONTHS to go still.

Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's unacceptable to have to wait until June for a fix to Nirnhoned.

If only this caused people to somehow get more XP then it would have been hotfixed months ago.
  • Sphinx2318
    Sphinx2318
    ✭✭✭✭

you knew full well when you spent gold on broken Nirn gear that you were 1. exploiting and 2. would eventually get nerfed

enough QQ plz
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iyas wrote: »

yes

It's as ok for me to do 20k dmg as it is for ppl to snipe me for 19k or one shot me w/ wrecking blow if you wanna go down that rout.

Damage can be toned down sure, but it shouldn't be through an armor trait that lets you get 50% passive mitigation for free basically, and anyone who's not running it is just up *** creek.

Neither are ok, all dmg should be toned down
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK