The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Question for Paul Sage regarding vampires

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Schurge wrote: »
    I like the way I look... Beautiful and alien at stage 1... emotionless evil undead at stage 4... the inability to blend in is the least of the vampire's problems.... Just did Riven-whatever where the entire zone was about vampires in my vet grind and the fact that my eyes were white... face bruised and sunken... no one recognized me as a vampire... no new dialogue options, nothing was disappointing.

I don't know why it seems a lot more people are more upset about the visual changes rather then the fact that vampirism (and lycanthropy) were implemented all wrong. Vampirism is basically a skin and debuff you trade for Dark Stalker.

Vampirism should have been rare and hard to get, alter the PvE experience completely, and offer a high risk high reward play style for PvP.

Couldn't agree with you more. Vampires have been implemented pretty horribly, as if they were a half-baked after thought. I don't have a problem with the visuals per se, I just feel players need to have more and better control over what stage their vampire is in and for how long. Each Stage needs unique pros and cons. AND vampires need to be able to appear as normal mortals. Why? Because NPC vampires can, including those we KNOW have the same strain of vampirism as the PC vampires.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Resipsa131
    Resipsa131
    ✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    If youre stage 4 vampire, it should be easy to spot you. I mean, youre an undead and your probably starting to rot.
    I wear armor that completely covers my face and eyes.
  • Duck
    Duck
    ✭✭✭
    I like that the status has both appearance (eyes) and status (fire res) disadvantages. Adds that tiny bit of realism in.
    Wanna be a clandestine vampire? Wear a burqa!
    Wanna be a werewolf and elude discovery? Wear air freshener.
    What I lack in gameplaying ability I make up for in smack talk.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duck wrote: »
    I like that the status has both appearance (eyes) and status (fire res) disadvantages. Adds that tiny bit of realism in.
    Wanna be a clandestine vampire? Wear a burqa!
    Wanna be a werewolf and elude discovery? Wear air freshener.

Sorry but you've clearly not read nor understood the point of the thread. I have one word for you: Heloise.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!