The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

$8 to for Single Respecs is Silly

Tal_72
Tal_72
✭✭
The consumables below are usable by one character on your account, one time.
Skill Respec Scroll (700 crowns)
Attribute Respec Scroll (700 crowns)

$8 for 750 crowns. Seems absurd to pay that much for a one time respec.

Offer multiple spec slots and sell them for crowns. See MH 2015 and Rift.
  • Thymos
    Thymos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can also pay with in-game gold. So I don't see it being that silly.
    The Older Gamers Recruitment Thread
    Always accepting new members for NA and EU server. PvP PvE RP all welcome. Must be 25+ yo to join.
    http://www.theoldergamers.com/
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually I was looking for something to do with my crowns anyway, at least this might be useful.
  • liquid_wolf
    liquid_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    that price does seem a little high...

But if you are the type of person that re-specs a lot, then eventually it becomes "cheaper" to just pay them money than grind out the gold.

Probably what they are doing here... Don't want to spend 20 hours to be able to respec? $8.
  • Khaldar
    Khaldar
    ✭✭✭
    If it was less, you would have the "P2W Picketers" in here screaming about ZOS and a bunch of "I told you" and "the end is nigh" crap being spouted.
  • pecheckler
    pecheckler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The price is irrelevant . Everyone has different incomes and different amounts of discretionary spending. The fact that what was previously the largest gold sinks in the game can now be purchased with a credit card validates the pay to win argument. I can spend a hundred dollars in the crown store and level two characters to VR14, never needing to pay 1 gold for a repair, respec, or stat redistribution. In the end the massive amount of extra gold in my hands will allow for purchase of the best gear, thus having an advantage over someone who paid nothing but base game cost.

Zenimax shouldn't have implemented these crown store additions without diving in and also adding a currency exchange and similar features, which balance out the equation.
    End the tedious inventory management game.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as they don't change the in-game gold-based respecs to suddenly be more expensive, I see no problem with these crown store prices. Gold is easy to get in ESO, so if I need to respec I'll pay gold for it rather than spend real money. I imagine that a small number of players (likely PVP players who have more trouble getting gold than PVE players, and who spend all their time following the FotM builds) will be willing to pay the prices listed in crowns for respecs, and if so that's fine. I won't, though.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would much rather have an appearance editor.
    :trollin:
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is just another thing I would never spend crowns on. For one, I don't know if I have ever respecced just skills, usually it's both Attributes and Skills that are done. I can see how just skills can be done from time to time. For the other, Gold is easy to get in the game, and certainly does not take 20 hours to earn, especially at VR Ranks.

I also wonder if this Crown Store item is a Respecc in Place. Like if you were in Cyrodiil, you would not have to go back to your home alliance, then respec, then que back up to get into the war. Although, how many times would someone want to do just that?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Tal_72
    Tal_72
    ✭✭

But if you are the type of person that re-specs a lot, then eventually it becomes "cheaper" to just pay them money than grind out the gold.

Probably what they are doing here... Don't want to spend 20 hours to be able to respec? $8.

Can't imagine spending half a month's Wow subscription for 1 respec when they come free. As I said, if they want us to pay $ for them, at least give several or a slot.
  • Thymos
    Thymos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tal_72 wrote: »

Can't imagine spending half a month's Wow subscription for 1 respec when they come free. As I said, if they want us to pay $ for them, at least give several or a slot.

They do come free, though. You can spend your in-game gold, which has no real world value.
    Always accepting new members for NA and EU server. PvP PvE RP all welcome. Must be 25+ yo to join.
  • Sandmanninja
    Sandmanninja
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are offering this for players that find it difficult to get ingame gold to respec.

I think people are equating crowns into dollars.
    I subscribe to ESO. I love the game and enjoy supporting the game.
    In return, I get FREE crowns every month, as well as buffs (xp, gold, skills).

I have to spend my crowns on SOMETHING.

Have a good day.
    [Hard Mode Dungeoneers] is recruiting all players of all levels for this new Guild.
    THIS IS A NEW-BUT-GROWING GUILD. We are focused on doing vet pledges, vet dungeons, getting achieves, & doing hard mode bosses.
    Most active GMT+10 (Australia time zone) in the afternoon Mon-Fri and all day Sat/Sun.
    Pst/email for info/invites.
  • Tal_72
    Tal_72
    ✭✭
    I don't have a problem with them offering respecs for crowns. My issue is how much they are charging for 1 single respec. They should give 3 or 5 for that amount.
  • LIQUID741
    LIQUID741
    ✭✭✭
    If you don't like, don't buy it. The craziness of the population is strong today.
    Solid-Nightblade of AD
  • Tal_72
    Tal_72
    ✭✭
    LIQUID741 wrote: »
    If you don't like, don't buy it. The craziness of the population is strong today.

I don't intend to. And I can say why right here.
  • Orlacc
    Orlacc
    ✭✭✭
    You all whined when there was a sub, now you whine about what cash shop items cost. If there was an MMO "Whines Online" it would be a hit.

What a nest of scrubs.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orlacc wrote: »
    You all whined when there was a sub, now you whine about what cash shop items cost.
    But I didn't whine when there was a sub, and I'm not whining about what the cash shop items cost! Your premise is incorrect, sir, incorrect!
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I currently have (I think) 262 skill points. Skill respecs cost me 12,500g at least, then attribute respecs cost me 3100g and champion point respecs cost 3000g. So that's a total of 18,100g, give or take, if I want to do a complete respec. I get 1500 crowns/month with ESO plus, so I could respec every month if I wanted and only spend 3000g for the CPs (which thankfully doesn't scale).

At the very least I would buy a skill respec scroll and use that. That alone cuts my respec fees by 67% though, definitely merits consideration. The others I'm more comfortable just paying the gold for.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I respec so much I might as well spend the crowns I get through subbing on something. Price of them is irrelevant as already pointed out, as you can earn the currency used to purchase respecs in game. What is too much for you, is nothing for someone else. Don't buy them if it's not something you need.

Something like this might actually help the economy, as now instead of spending a large chunk of your gold on total respecs, someone might spend that gold in the guild store.
    Edited by Worstluck on April 13, 2015 10:32PM
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
  • VileIntent
    VileIntent
    ✭✭✭✭
    ill agree, it is to high. somewhere around the $5 mark would see more activity and be a lot more reasonable. i would rather buy crowns to respec than spend gold.
  • Tal_72
    Tal_72
    ✭✭
    Some people want cheap or easy respecs because they want to be healers part of the time. If I can't swap easily from magicka healer to stam dps for PVP, then that's bad for everyone, because you're just sitting in a longer queue because there are so few healers in the queue.

This is why there should be a dual spec mechanic--or make it more cheap/easy. For those of you that respec 1 time per month, yeah, sure who cares what it costs.
  • Thymos
    Thymos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember, they have to price things by taking into account that a subscriber will get all the extra DLC, ESO+ buff, and a monthly stipend of crowns. They can't exactly make it so subscribers can just buy everything on a whim with no issue.
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why this wasn't in when patch 2 came out I don't know, they missed the boat on that one.
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't like it don't buy it lol. Spend in game gold. Personally I am still subbed so what else am I going to spend my crowns on? Now, where is that LOL button?
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • golfer.dub17_ESO
    golfer.dub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thymos wrote: »

Right...for much cheaper...hence why it's silly.
    Don't like it don't buy it lol. Spend in game gold. Personally I am still subbed so what else am I going to spend my crowns on? Now, where is that LOL button?

What is there to laugh at?

$8 is a ridiculous price to pay for something that can be earned in about an hour of gameplay.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as they keep the in-game gold respecs and don't try to price gouge, I'm fine with this. It does seem silly though, someone who plays 1-2 hours a day could probably get the gold to respec every week, if not every day.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thymos wrote: »

Right...for much cheaper...hence why it's silly.

What is there to laugh at?

$8 is a ridiculous price to pay for something that can be earned in about an hour of gameplay.
    I was about to say that my time is worth far more than $8/hour, but then I stopped and thought it through. One hour of gameplay is fun for me, and it's not like I'd have to do anything different from what I would want to be doing in-game anyway in order to earn that gold. So if I were to pay for a respec in the Crown Store, not only would it be $8 out of my pocket, but it would be 1 hour of fun that I might not get, because without needing to get the gold, there's a chance I might not play for that hour!

My logic has twisted me up so much that now I don't know what to believe!

Oh wait, no, I know what to believe: I believe that I respec very rarely, and that I have an easy time getting gold while having fun, so I believe that I will never buy a respec in the Crown Store. But if others want to do so, I'm cool with that.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Xjcon
    Xjcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's silly is (8$ to for)
    Briza Do'urdenx V16 Dunmer DK
    Jcon V16 Orc DK
    Vierna Do'urdenx V16 Bosmer NB
    Jarlaxle Baenrex V16 Dunmer NB
  • stimpy986b14_ESO
    stimpy986b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Stop saying ingame gold is free as it takes time to obtain and time=money.

What could you have done in the time it took to grind out the 10k+ it takes to respec a maxxed out char?
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    As long as they keep the in-game gold respecs and don't try to price gouge, I'm fine with this. It does seem silly though, someone who plays 1-2 hours a day could probably get the gold to respec every week, if not every day.

Better things to spend in game gold on, like gearing up for your new spec as an example..
  • pronkg
    pronkg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hoe About 400 crowns for 10 soulgems lol