Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvE - Bloodspawn Stamina DD test - All Classes tested (Video/passive/skills)

Alcast
Alcast
Class Representative
01.03.2015 Added Bow DD video at bottom of post.

First of all, thanks to @Halfbadger for his help and insight into some classes, without him i could not have done all these amazing tests :)

These tests are only Stamina Single target, i have not tried magicka nor any AOE capabilities of classes.
Take out of these tests what is best for you and make adjustments. Also, all classes can be good stamina DDs, it doesn’t rly matter if you do 13k or 16k dps, even 10k is completely fine.

QQI know there will be people that are gonna QQ, if you really have to, then post at least some funny pic to it lol. And if you have to QQ more go do your own tests thank you.
Static fight – I know it is only a static fight, but it shows what is possible. And even more is possible.
Sustain – Stamina got no sustain issues at all, most bosses wipe anyway in less than 100 seconds. If you think otherwise then that is your problem.

On these tests I have used all the same gear. Also, during all the fights I had combat prayer and at 25% halfbadger always used 1 aggressive warhorn.

Character stats:
sLeB4hx.jpg
Championpoints used: 72
THmnhiA.jpg
qCGAg3m.png
DK skills stamina:
gayPxrS.png

http://youtu.be/pPEJ21VM8Is
Good NB stamina passives:
4xLL8L0.png
NB skills stamina:
eytaa50.png
ee3JCoS.png
Sorc skills stamina:
7Zxxddf.png
mWIGAMm.png
Templar skills stamina:
jULEfhO.png

Bow DD

Seems bow is also viable, I did not have the right gear so I miss very important set bonuses, my guess is 14k DPS possible as bow.
http://youtu.be/DXz5vqS2_hE
Edited by Alcast on March 1, 2015 1:21PM
https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Morvul
    Morvul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for doing that comparison, looks awesome!
    So for stamina DPS, all 4 classes look to be pretty much on-par?

I'm honestly surprised that all 3 "versions" of your sorc managed to keep up so well in stam DPS. Never expected Bound-Armaments to be sufficient for compensating not having any "real" stamina skills.
    was quite enlightening to see those comparisons!

• Orihara_Izaya
    Orihara_Izaya
    ✭✭✭
    So Templar with top dps, then Nightblade, Sorc, and DK in last. Either way despite all that they were pretty damn close with only 1k dps between the classes tops.

Great comparison!
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    So Templar with top dps, then Nightblade, Sorc, and DK in last. Either way despite all that they were pretty damn close with only 1k dps between the classes tops.

Great comparison!

Yes most classes are really close together. You also have to consider that sometimes I had rotation issues etc. DK is still the best for Single Target dps because of the Standard which increases all damage done by 20% and Battle roar passive which gives huge amounts of stamina back.

• Morvul
    Morvul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Great comparison!

well, unless alcast and halfbadger went ahead and made averages of 10+ runs with each class, I would not consider differences of 1k or less as statistically significant. What with crit chances, evil hunter proc chances, probably not exactly milisecond precission on the skill-weaving etc...
    (and no, that was NOT qq that you should have done 10x as much work :smiley: )
  • booksmcread
    booksmcread
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is awesome, thank you for your work on this!
  • Orihara_Izaya
    Orihara_Izaya
    ✭✭✭
    Morvul wrote: »

Great comparison!

well, unless alcast and halfbadger went ahead and made averages of 10+ runs with each class, I would not consider differences of 1k or less as statistically significant. What with crit chances, evil hunter proc chances, probably not exactly milisecond precission on the skill-weaving etc...

I get what you mean, but still it's still pretty damn close. I was expecting sorcs to be parsing under 10k but they were doing damn good. There is still room for improvement but if they are already 1k with a few more tweaks the game will start to be a little more balanced.
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Morvul wrote: »

Great comparison!

I get what you mean, but still it's still pretty damn close. I was expecting sorcs to be parsing under 10k but they were doing damn good. There is still room for improvement but if they are already 1k with a few more tweaks the game will start to be a little more balanced.

Ye ;) Well Sorcs dont have that many stamina skills, however, they get the highest stamina skill cost reduction (As you see stam goes down slower than on other classes) I could have used maybe 1 or 2 weapon damage glyph on jewerly to improve the dps even more, but i wanted to ahve same gear for all the classes. And Sorcs got Dark Deal (Spellsym for stamina) It gives a lot of stamina back it is amazing. I really liked playing the sorc on PTS. I started to level a Sorc now ;)

• Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So today I learned that clearly I've been doing it wrong using my Templar and his skills. Clearly I need Caltrops and Evil Hunter in my life.

That said I was actually thinking of keeping my 2H build virtually the same as I have it now for 1.6 (Biting Jabs, Rally, Reverse Slice, PotL, and Wrecking Blow) but changing up my bow build to use Evil Hunter in it's attack chain, and depending on how it goes, change up my 2H build in the future. I mean I don't get spam silliness like that vid displays, but my numbers aren't far behind at all.

Also, Templars represent!
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Alcast and Halfbadger. Really interesting to see the comparisons.
  • andy_s
    andy_s
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great work! Sorcs with 2h FTW :D
    World's First Cloudrest Hardmode + Speed Run + No Death w/ HODOR
    Tick-Tock Tormentor & All vHoF Achievements done w/ Chimaira
    World's First Sanctum Ophidia Difficult Mode (patch 1.5)
    World#2 vMoL All Achievements w/ Aquila Raiders
  • Fatalyis
    Fatalyis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great work here. Glad to see Stamina Sorcs get some love.

Sticking with DW/DW on my NB for PvP, but I may spec into 2H to toy around with.
  • Paulhewhewria
    Paulhewhewria
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry that this is off topic,but it's killing me.Hay OP I was wondering what helmet is that on the Sorcerer?
  • halfbadger
    halfbadger
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry that this is off topic,but it's killing me.Hay OP I was wondering what helmet is that on the Sorcerer?

You get it by using the stamina morph of bound armour
  • Dazin93
    Dazin93
    ✭✭✭✭
    So you tested single target stamina builds vs a static mob and found they do comparative damage....... I guess that's great for people that fight PvE mobs that stand still for them, but it's meaningless in PvP terms. A pointless comparison in my opinion.

If you can demonstrative that all stamina class builds are competitive in terms of sustain, dps, survivability, and utility then that would be impressive. The fact is they are not, so a dps only comparison is irrelevant.
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Great comparison!

I see DK in the lead with 17.6, Temp with 16.4, Sorc with 15.7 and NB in last with 15.3 using FDPS. What meter were you looking at?

This was more of a test or showcase of how powerful Wrecking Blow is and how stamina skills have too high sustain even at low CP IMO.

I think ZOS should switch it up so that Rally only grants Minor Brutality (+ maybe some other effect) so that Sorc and NB have a reason to use Crit Surge and Power Extraction. It is lame when universally granted skills overpower class skills, forcing more people into homogeneous builds.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Mantic0r3
    Mantic0r3
    ✭✭✭
    So as long as you use 2h melee you can do whatever you want and be whatever class you want, thats nice for fairness and balance between classes but what about 2h melee vs other weapons? Seems 2h melee is way over the top right now.
  • SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great work, amazing videos as always! o:)

Good to see that all classes can achieve a similar, decent DPS with a relatively easy build. Would be nice to know how much the DPS would be without Combat Prayer and Horn, as I'm sure lot of people will start to compare these numbers against their own solo efforts.

Apart from the buffs it worth to mention that Shooting Star is waaaaay too OP at the moment, which again might not be that widely known yet. Especially when used with Valkyn Skoria set and other DoTs, like Caltrops in this fight (note, I know VS was not used in this fight). These all add a nice bonus to the DPS but not exclusive to stamina builds.

The build used in the test is a bit strange to me. It clearly goes for high weapon damage - 2.7k unbuffed is far from impossible to get but definitely need to focus on it heavily. Also not sure about the full 62 stamina build, the health is pretty low at 17k, quite squishy to run end game PvE content. People need to consider that if they don't hit these marks they won't reach this DPS, and if they do it will have consequences on their survivability.

Blood Spawn is a very easy, straightforward fight. Therefore it's good to measure the damage potential of a build in a pretty convenient environment. It is perfect for this exercise, to compare one build on all classes and get a high level understanding of its potential related to other builds. Both damage and sustainability can drop significantly with various mechanics (block, dodge, break-out) added, even at trash mob fights. Magicka builds still have better survival and sustainability under those circumstances. Stamina is much harder to manage over a full run than magicka, but can be done with group play (templars are the saviours of the warriors).

On the positive side though, Wrecking Blow is really strong. Haven't really seen people mentioning, but it's bugged in terms of using spell critical instead of weapon critical... Once that's fixed it will add even more to the current DPS.

Pity that DW seems to be quite bad with the 1.6 changes. I found survival really hard using it on trash, which is not an issue on live atm. And in overall 2H makes DW irrelevant as it provides more utility and better ST damage.

TL;DR - 2H is quite good at the moment, but that doesn't necessary mean that the whole stamina package is better than the magicka one. Classes are well-balanced around this particular build which is most welcomed. With these changes stamina builds might get more popular, creating more diversity in PvE which is nice again. But overall I don't see that magicka build would go extinct or inferior to stamina ones due to different play-style and usability.
    Holdviola - Khira'de Regalo - Lélekvadász - Used To Be An Adventurer - Zetor - Does-Not-Give-A-Duck - Lord Sugar - Tenar Arha - Da'rinka - Violent Moon - Extreme Runner
  • SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mantic0r3 wrote: »
    So as long as you use 2h melee you can do whatever you want and be whatever class you want, thats nice for fairness and balance between classes but what about 2h melee vs other weapons? Seems 2h melee is way over the top right now.

Exactly.

Bow seems to be nerfed a bit, which is nice imho, given it's easy and safe to use. 1H+shield was never meant to be for DPS and it has its well defined role. Dual wield seems to be losing badly against 2H. While Steel Tornado is still great, the skill line lacks the utility one can get from 2H.
    Holdviola - Khira'de Regalo - Lélekvadász - Used To Be An Adventurer - Zetor - Does-Not-Give-A-Duck - Lord Sugar - Tenar Arha - Da'rinka - Violent Moon - Extreme Runner
  • WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    What armor types and sets did you use for these tests? On the sorc for example did you use medium and what set bonuses did you find better to aim for? Just curious since I'm trying to stay within a specific skill frame and am wondering if I should cut points from some stuff.
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Alcast thats nice, thanks for the effort!
    But in the sorc, i could Need some explanation. Could you explain how you kept your stamina Almost nonstop around 90%~?
    Even when you spammed the 2h abilities, stamina didnt decrease too much o.o
    I Started playing my sorc with 2h before release and kept using it until vr3 , but had to give up because it was too bad to Continue using it :( )
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Dazin93 wrote: »
    So you tested single target stamina builds vs a static mob and found they do comparative damage....... I guess that's great for people that fight PvE mobs that stand still for them, but it's meaningless in PvP terms. A pointless comparison in my opinion.

If you can demonstrative that all stamina class builds are competitive in terms of sustain, dps, survivability, and utility then that would be impressive. The fact is they are not, so a dps only comparison is irrelevant.

First
    of all, where is the picture? I said if you QQ you need to post a picture ;)
    Second, This is a pure PvE TOPIC, so I really do not give a *** about PvP issues, I even put it in the Titel jesus christ.
    Third, What do you mean by All stamina class builds? Dualwield is also competitive but 2hander is a little bit better atm.
    Fourth, instead of QQ make your own tests and post them, at least I try to help others and you just come here and QQ about stuff like some ***.

Dualwield is also very nice, rapid strikes deals good damage and Steel tornado with its 12,5m AOE range is awesomo ;)
    SickDuck wrote: »

Apart from the buffs it worth to mention that Shooting Star is waaaaay too OP at the moment, which again might not be that widely known yet. Especially when used with Valkyn Skoria set and other DoTs, like Caltrops in this fight (note, I know VS was not used in this fight). These all add a nice bonus to the DPS but not exclusive to stamina builds.

On the positive side though, Wrecking Blow is really strong. Haven't really seen people mentioning, but it's bugged in terms of using spell critical instead of weapon critical... Once that's fixed it will add even more to the current DPS.

Pity that DW seems to be quite bad with the 1.6 changes. I found survival really hard using it on trash, which is not an issue on live atm. And in overall 2H makes DW irrelevant as it provides more utility and better ST damage.

Shooting Star - It really deals crazy damage that is true, but the DoT effect is on the ground and not on the mob itself which makes it a bit hard to use, but mainly it is up to the tank to not run out of it ;)
    Valkyn - Valkyn is crazy, especially for Templars using Biting jabs ;)
    Wblow - The FTC crit rating is displayed wrong. The Wblow crits for the right amount (weapon crit) FTC just doesnt show it right. When you see the Combat cloud and you count the crits you will end up with around 40-50% crits. I was confused about that too at the beginning, but we tested it and all is fine, just FTC is wrong ;) Recount and CAnalytics display the crits right.
    Dualwield - Rapid strikes deals decent damage and Steel tornadon 12,5m AOE range is crazy.

What armor types and sets did you use for these tests? On the sorc for example did you use medium and what set bonuses did you find better to aim for? Just curious since I'm trying to stay within a specific skill frame and am wondering if I should cut points from some stuff.

in 1.6 for stamina builds you want to aim for 43% crit and the rest in Weapon damage. All the way up with weapon damage ;)
    I used 5x Medium and 2x Heavy. Stamina builds got more survivability now as they provide more armor and spell resistance, you will see light armor users die like flies around you haha

But in the sorc, i could Need some explanation. Could you explain how you kept your stamina Almost nonstop around 90%~?
    I Started playing my sorc with 2h before release and kept using it until vr3 , but had to give up because it was too bad to Continue using it :( )

On all these tests I used 3x Glyph of skillcost redcution. Also you get like 5% skillcost reduction from Championsystem. Sorcs get another 5% skillcost reduction from their passive "Unholy Knowledge". Medium armor passives gives another 15% (with 5x medium armor, if you hae 7x medium armor you get 21%). 2Hander passive gives anouther 20% Reduction. That together your Wblow costs around 1,35k Stamina/use. Other classes it costs like 1,41k
    And I am a redguard in all the videos, redguard has adrenaline rush which provides him with around
    800Stamina/3seconds ;)
    But as Sorc, you could go All Weapon Damage glyphs on jewelry because you have Dark Deal which converts Magicka into Health and stamina. I was Really surpised about this skill, because not a SINGLE sorc ever told me about this LoL. I was like wt....when i saw that skill haha
    q0BiP2m.png
    Edited by Alcast on February 28, 2015 10:07AM

• Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »

First
    Second, This is a pure PvE TOPIC, so I really do not give a *** about PvP issues, I even put it in the Titel jesus christ.
    Third, What do you mean by All stamina class builds? Dualwield is also competitive but 2hander is a little bit better atm.
    Fourth, instead of QQ make your own tests and post them, at least I try to help others and you just come here and QQ about stuff like some ***.

Dualwield is also very nice, rapid strikes deals good damage and Steel tornado with its 12,5m AOE range is awesomo ;)
    SickDuck wrote: »

Shooting Star - It really deals crazy damage that is true, but the DoT effect is on the ground and not on the mob itself which makes it a bit hard to use, but mainly it is up to the tank to not run out of it ;)
    Valkyn - Valkyn is crazy, especially for Templars using Biting jabs ;)
    Wblow - The FTC crit rating is displayed wrong. The Wblow crits for the right amount (weapon crit) FTC just doesnt show it right. When you see the Combat cloud and you count the crits you will end up with around 40-50% crits. I was confused about that too at the beginning, but we tested it and all is fine, just FTC is wrong ;) Recount and CAnalytics display the crits right.
    Dualwield - Rapid strikes deals decent damage and Steel tornadon 12,5m AOE range is crazy.

in 1.6 for stamina builds you want to aim for 43% crit and the rest in Weapon damage. All the way up with weapon damage ;)
    I used 5x Medium and 2x Heavy. Stamina builds got more survivability now as they provide more armor and spell resistance, you will see light armor users die like flies around you haha

On all these tests I used 3x Glyph of skillcost redcution. Also you get like 5% skillcost reduction from Championsystem. Sorcs get another 5% skillcost reduction from their passive "Unholy Knowledge". Medium armor passives gives another 15% (with 5x medium armor, if you hae 7x medium armor you get 21%). 2Hander passive gives anouther 20% Reduction. That together your Wblow costs around 1,35k Stamina/use. Other classes it costs like 1,41k
    And I am a redguard in all the videos, redguard has adrenaline rush which provides him with around
    800Stamina/3seconds ;)
    But as Sorc, you could go All Weapon Damage glyphs on jewelry because you have Dark Deal which converts Magicka into Health and stamina. I was Really surpised about this skill, because not a SINGLE sorc ever told me about this LoL. I was like wt....when i saw that skill haha
    q0BiP2m.png

Try this setup Alcast, and tell me how ya do on DK

2 Shadow Walker Rings/1 Shadow Walker Boots

1 Pendant of the Dreugh Slayer

2 Piece Valkyn Scoria Set (Both Medium)

Heavy Chest/Legs of Dreugh Slayer

Gloves/Belt of Morag Tong Set

And for Weapons you want 2 Morag Tong Daggers

This gives you 5 Set bonuses of Weapon Damage

Flurry/Unstable Flame/Burning Breath/GDB/Flames of Oblivion (though you could swap Burning Breath for Evil Hunter)
  • halfbadger
    halfbadger
    ✭✭✭
    800Stamina/3seconds ;)

The thing is you were getting the stamina restore every second wrecking blow which is crazy good. ZOS should nerf redguard and buff imperial.

I think we should do a few runs with dw and bow so that people can compare.
  • Valnas
    Valnas
    ✭✭✭✭
    THIS IS A 4 SECOND CHANNEL. read you cannot do anything for 4 seconds.

useless skill.
    Fluph Head EP sorc dank magus
    valnäs EP nb
    opHotterslol AD dk
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Valnas wrote: »

useless skill.

You can always interrupt it. It is far from useless my friend. Dont be so pessimistic lol.

• Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

useless skill.

You can always interrupt it. It is far from useless my friend. Dont be so pessimistic lol.

It is useless unless in fights with natural breaks. Your dps plummets even if only activating for a single tick here and there. Please explain how you find it useful.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DPS from the videos:
    Nightblade Wrecking Blow/Shooting Star: 15,886
    Sorcerer Wrecking Blow/Atronach: 15,998
    Sorcerer Wrecking Blow/Shooting Star: 16,191
    DK Wrecking Blow/Shooting Star: 16,326
    Templar Biting Jabs/Shooting Star: 16,766
    DK Wrecking Blow/SOM: 18,216

edit: fixed.

It's true that sorcerers get the highest stamina cost reduction: 5%, while templars only gets 4%. (yes, huge difference!) Imo NBs should have the best stamina management with their 30% increased recovery passive.
    Dark Deal is not viable for stamina management since it stops your damage output while recovering. It used to restore Magicka at the expense of Stamina but was changed for update 6. Just ask any magicka sorcerer, that ability has never been worth slotting in trials.

I'd like to see what a Templar could do with Wrecking Blow instead of Jabs, to have a better basis for comparison. Your DK weaving seemed to be off at times as well and I think the DPS could go higher with proper timing.

Starting the fight with 0 ultimate and working your way up to the ulti cast would be more realistic as well, given the different costs for each class. The sorcerer's fight started with 1000 Ult on Overload isn't really sustainable.
    Edited by Gyudan on February 28, 2015 3:27PM
    Wololo.
  • Trayyacakes
    Trayyacakes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »
    DPS from the videos:
    DK Wrecking Blow/Shooting Star: 18,216

It's true that sorcerers get the highest stamina cost reduction: 5%, while templars only gets 4%. (yes, huge difference!) Imo NBs should have the best stamina management with their 30% increased recovery passive.
    Dark Deal is not viable for stamina management since it stops your damage output while recovering. It used to restore Magicka at the expense of Stamina but was changed for update 6. Just ask any magicka sorcerer, that ability has never been worth slotting in trials.

I'd like to see what a Templar could do with Wrecking Blow instead of Jabs, to have a better basis for comparison. Your DK weaving seemed to be off at times as well and I think the DPS could go higher with proper timing.

Starting the fight with 0 ultimate and working your way up to the ulti cast would be more realistic as well, given the different costs for each class. The sorcerer's fight started with 1000 Ult on Overload isn't really sustainable.

The DK with Shooting star was actually on 16,326. It looks to me like if you make SOM increase everyones damage done by 20% The classes (stamina wise) would be pretty damn close.
    Bjorn Uldnost
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Erock25 wrote: »

useless skill.

It is useless unless in fights with natural breaks. Your dps plummets even if only activating for a single tick here and there. Please explain how you find it useful.

You will never need it in Single Target fights because there are no stamina issues. During or shortly after Trashfights you can use it.
    Gyudan wrote: »
    DPS from the videos:
    DK Wrecking Blow/Shooting Star: 16,326
    DK Wrecking Blow/SOM: 18,216

edit: fixed.

These DPS numbers are close yes, but ofc sometimes I had rota issues etc so some could be better and some could be worse. Ye The Power Overload ulti was just a showoff ;)
    Edited by Alcast on February 28, 2015 3:51PM

• Dazin93
    Dazin93
    ✭✭✭✭

First

This isn't a test and doesn't help anyone, so get over yourself. All you "proved" is that 2handers are powerful, and people already knew that after about 2 hours of time spent on PTS.

Even in PvE, survival is important so the baseline DPS isn't a meaningful statistic when you fail to account for other factors. 2 classes can do the same dps, but when one is constantly using other skills to stay alive what does your little dps test mean then? Absolutely nothing.
    Your acting like you've done some great favor to everyone and judging by your language and reaction the only one crying here is you. I