The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

Hopefully someday we will travel all of Nirn!

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hear you all about the payable races thing. Too many would be a bad thing. Some, such as the Dumner should never be in ESO,I acknowledge the Chimer and Snow elves likely fall into that category also. An NPC or two is fine but a playable race? They're would be too many around to make sense, you're right about that.

Other races, like the Sload, just wouldn't make sense for playability. Not unless there were a more svelte Sload body type.

In the end lore IS fallible and if we ever leave Tamriel the gloves pretty much come off, anything can happen. This is said with full acceptance that the odds of the rest of Nirn being opened up are slim to none.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options
  • Coren
    Coren
    Personally I hope that all future content will have all three factions share the zones so you can meet people outside your own faction. Some could PvP against each other, some could PvE together or whatever. It seemed like after Cadwell's Silver and Gold that it was the plan, but Craglorn didn't show that.
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cool...I'm anxious to see what and how this unfolds but at the base of the term or name "unlimited" my first response was that unlimited is directed towards a subscription based game being limited by a pay-wall.

Unlimited = no pay-wall

Your context and ideas are pretty cool tho
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fyi Imga & Lilmothiit live in Valenwood, but Zos decided to totally skip em
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
    Options
  • VictorBrav0
    VictorBrav0
    ✭✭
    I highly enjoyed your post and agree that we should see at LEAST two or so new regions outside of Tamriel.
    Eromir Stark - Ebonheart Pact, NB Breton VR 8
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fyi Imga & Lilmothiit live in Valenwood, but Zos decided to totally skip em

Yea, I know. These suggestions took some liberties with localities. :wink:

That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because of the discussion we had here and the lore that I read I agree that the Chimer shouldn't be included in ESO. It just wouldn't make sense. It would mean that Azura "missed" some of the Chimer.... so I conceptualized a new race. A tree-lizard people that are the ancestors of the Argonians. I'll likely write up more on the idea and post it later.. for now, just this pic: and an update to the OP.

eIY3vT9.jpg?1
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seeing Orsinium got me excited about what ZOS will do with the rest of Tamriel and what they could possibly do with other parts of Nirn, which got me thinking about this thread.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is THE most awesome thing I have seen in a long time! Yes yes and yes. I wish I could press Agree, Insightful, and Awesome several times.

Hopefully, if ESO survives another couple of years, we will start to see more of Tamriel, and more of Nirn. This is why I'm still subscribing, as I know that projects like these require funding - and I like to feel that I am contributing (just a little) to a franchise that I wholeheartedly support. And I really really want ESO to expand :smiley:
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
    Options
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO's kind of games has lifespan of 10+ year, so theres time. One of the oldies what still exist even today is Anarchy Online for example. Population is the number one issue here, just keep it together and we do just fine.
    Edited by Sausage on October 8, 2015 6:57AM
    Options
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gidorick:

your post is so awesome, I can not express it into words :)!!

hopefully at least some parts will ZOS create!!!

:)
    Options
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »
    I don't like the idea of new playable races either, but the rest seems great!

I like the idea of new playable races, why not. Continents of Nirn, that had very few contact, Lore was forgotten, eaten by time. Many thousand years, the continents did not communicate. Only the master magicians could roam Aedric realms in their dreambody and could see also events on Nirn. They foretold a reopening. Great portals on two places of Tamriel were found. By a magical school expeditions, they found portals to the East continent. The new story began. Opening of new places to roam for free.

Options
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    or maybe some for free as Craglorn and some as paid DLCs.
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »

I like the idea of new playable races, why not. Continents of Nirn, that had very few contact, Lore was forgotten, eaten by time. Many thousand years, the continents did not communicate. Only the master magicians could roam Aedric realms in their dreambody and could see also events on Nirn. They foretold a reopening. Great portals on two places of Tamriel were found. By a magical school expeditions, they found portals to the East continent. The new story began. Opening of new places to roam for free.

I actually like the idea that maybe we can take our current characters to the different lands of Nirn, but if a player wants to create a character with the new race they don't get to travel to Tamriel.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    altemriel wrote: »

I actually like the idea that maybe we can take our current characters to the different lands of Nirn, but if a player wants to create a character with the new race they don't get to travel to Tamriel.

exactly. New lores there.
    Options
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see new areas (especially Akavir) however only if they don't increase the loading screens or other issues of the ones we already have ;)
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
    Options
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, of course :)
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see new areas (especially Akavir) however only if they don't increase the loading screens or other issues of the ones we already have ;)

lol. made me laugh. :lol:
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • BippNasty
    BippNasty
    ✭✭
    While this is a very enjoyable fantasy, ESO is not very likely to be allowed to introduce radically new lore to the TES franchise. ESO is a side show that will go down in history as a parenthesis, quite possibly even as an embarrassment, and I would be very surprised if they have any plans for more zones beyond the content we have already seen in late stages of development (Imperial City and Wrothgar). After that, I suspect that all development effort will be spent on new items for the crown store. But we can dream.

If this game fails I blame people like you
    Options
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BippNasty wrote: »
    While this is a very enjoyable fantasy, ESO is not very likely to be allowed to introduce radically new lore to the TES franchise. ESO is a side show that will go down in history as a parenthesis, quite possibly even as an embarrassment, and I would be very surprised if they have any plans for more zones beyond the content we have already seen in late stages of development (Imperial City and Wrothgar). After that, I suspect that all development effort will be spent on new items for the crown store. But we can dream.

If this game fails I blame people like you

nope :), what is the source of your info?
    Options
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZoS should hire you Gid :)
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nimander99 wrote: »
    ZoS should hire you Gid :)

I wholeheartedly agree @nimander99 . :wink:
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • Rayste
    Rayste
    ✭✭✭
    @Gidorick Thanks for the post. The maps were really cool and insightful.
    The Teach - AD Templar
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No problem @Rayste. Now, please know that only Tamriel and Yokuda are actual canonical maps. The rest are just fan designs.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My w"pipedream" is to release Morrowind into this lot along with the original Mournhold and the Bloodmoon set as well.There's so much there to work with. Vvardenfell is still my favorite place.Period.
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I truly believe we will get Vvanderfell someday @WhiskeyRiver.AZub17_ESO :smile:
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • Uneed2Stop
    Uneed2Stop
    ✭✭✭
    Wow nice job dude. These are all amazing concepts! i Honestly am one of the people that LOVE this game and don't really understand the moaners and people that say ZOS doesn't give a *** about this game. I FEEL that that's totally untrue. Just by the quest dialogue and books and little notes i can tell how much heart they actually put into this game. Sure the quest OBJECTIVES could be a little repetitive but its an MMO so that's bound to be the case. The stories behind the quests are actually very deep and emotional and has ties to real world problems, like racism, class seperation, betrayal of trust, harlot ass females who manipulate guys for all that they can get(If you remember those couple of quests ;D). And as far as the multiplayer content goes, I really enjoy it and i dont really understand all the hate. But this is completely irrelevant. Awesome ideas dude.
    Options
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's okay, ESO:TU is on a 10 year plan.

...or was that another game?
    Options
  • Yonkit
    Yonkit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akavir yes, Pyandonea yes, Yokuda, Aldmeris, Atmora, nty.

I like the fact that ESO lore has lots of mystery, I don't have any beef with already pretty developed lore such as Akavir or Pyandonea coming into play but Aldmeris, Atmora & Yokuda no plz. Atmora is also pretty much impossible, no, it is impossible to form any habitat or village or anything to live on, you can't farm, you can't cook, you can't hunt, it's a dead continent, any form of an expedition would have to be located directly on the coast, and have supplies shipped to them daily with coal and wood to keep warm, hell, prolly even magical barriers to keep the wind out.

I always like your ideas Gid but when it comes to this one in particular keep da mystery :cry:

As far as the rest of the content you've suggested goes, I'm all for it, except the ones that obviously make no sense, I mean, a playable sload race? :confused:

A few of the species you've mentioned as playable are also extinct... Or have evolved into other races. But it'd also ruin the mystery of the lore which is why it's so good, unless of course ZoS wants to drop the whole canon nonsense, then I'd be fine with it, still, playable sloads... What'd they put in your alcohol Gid?
    Has an Alter Ego in the form of a very large quadrupedal black & white Bear.
    Options
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My w"pipedream" is to release Morrowind into this lot along with the original Mournhold and the Bloodmoon set as well.There's so much there to work with. Vvardenfell is still my favorite place.Period.

I definitely hope we can get Solstheim and Vvardenfell. Solstheim has actually always been one of my favorite islands to go to since Morrowind. I loved it then in the Bloodmoon expansion, and I loved it in Skyrim with Dragonborn. Solstheim has a lot of character, and I really how we can visit Thirsk mead hall in this ancient era.

I can see an invasion of Akavir maybe at the request of outsider Akavir? The question is why doesn't history remember this? It would need a reason to be lost knowledge. I do think the invasion of the Kamal (Ice demons from Akavir) comes very soon before the war started by Molag Bal, and it makes one wonder if the Kamal are in some way related to Molag bal's invasion from COLDharbor. I could be going out on a limb, but it is a curious situation.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
    Options