Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

Hopefully someday we will travel all of Nirn!

Gidorick
Gidorick
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I tend to "get ahead" of myself... so just file this under that category. Under the "pipe-dream" category also.

I, like many others, hope the B2P model affords ZOS enough resources to do the Elder Scrolls name justice with ESO. Zone updates need to come more frequently than once a year. There could easily be 25+ more zones to be released to fill out Tamriel. At 2 a year this would take a dozen years or so.

I think ZOS could be more ambitious than this... if they had the resources to be. Elder Scrolls Online could be the platform that opens up the entire world of Nirn for players.

Tamriel Unlimited: The story of Molag Bal's attempt to unite Tamriel and Coldharbour and the Faction War. Tamriel Unlimited could provide ESO with a decade worth of content over 25+ more zone releases.
the_elder_scrolls__tamriel_map_by_thatguysoto-d6gp5tt.png

Boxed Expansions

Tides of Pyandonea: A boxed expansion that introduces deep-sea gameplay to ESO. Player/Guild ships, ship to ship combat, and the island nation of Pyandonea could provide an additional year or so of content. Pyandonea, a continent south-east of Tamriel, could be released over 2 or 3 zone releases and could include the release of the additional Maormer race (sea elves).
58fiLO8.jpg?1

Yokuda Reborn: Another boxed expansion that tells the story of the Redguards and explore how the island nation to the east of Tamriel was destroyed. It is said that Yokuda was sunk, but it could be just that it was destroyed by a tsunami at some point, thought to be lost under the waves. Yokuda could include another 2 or 3 zones, including the release of the Lefthanded Elves race.
0twZSEj.jpg?1

The Elder Wood Expedition: A boxed expansion giving players access to Atmora, the frozen continent to the north of Tamriel. This expansion could explore the ancestors of Talos (Tiber Septim) and could have the player actually influencing the development of Atmora and could set things in motion that would eventually have Talos make his way to Tamriel. Atmora could be another 2-4 zones and could include the playable race of Atmorans, from which the Nords sprung.
g00y7Rz.jpg?1

Akavir Revealed: A boxed expansion that could take player to the second most populated continent of Nirn, Akavir. This expansion could very well include an additional 20+ zones and include the release of the Tsaesci serpent men, the Kamal snow demons, the Tang Mo ape men, and the Ka'Po'Tun dragon tiger men.
aFTcZk2.jpg?1

Return to Aldmeris: A boxed Expansion that could explore the continent from which both Men and Mer were born. Another 3 or 4 zones could be released as well another race. One idea would be that there was a clan of Aldmer that stayed on Aldmeris who evolved into not men or mer... but something else. Since so little is known about Aldmeris this could be a good opportunity for ZOS to introduce completely new lore to ESO.
3BqXgPx.jpg?1

DLC expansions outside of Tamriel

The Coral Kingdom: This could be a single release DLC expansion giving players the partially sunken nation of Thras between Tamriel and Yokuda, and a new playable race, the Sload and could introduce underwater content to ESO, if it's not already in ESO by this point. Since the Sload detest adventure the playable Sloads would have to be considered Sload outcasts and the story would have to reflect that.
IYAaXus.jpg?1

The Kowtow of Roscrea: This could be a single (or multiple) zone DLC release of the island to the north of Tamriel but to the south of Atmora and could be the ideal location for the playable race of the yeti/bigfoot-like Imga.
WDY7bjr.png?1

Esroniet Unfurled: This single release DLC could give players the island of Esroniet and could give ZOS a chance to introduce a new playable never-before-seen race to Nirn. Perhaps a Skeever-esque race.
P4O5ZIa.png?1
Unrest in Yneslea : This could explore the island of Yneslea and could introduce an Argonian ancestor that is more Hist than it is Argonian. A tree-lizard as a playable race. This could be a chance to explore the relationship between the Argonians and the Hist... it might be that they are more 'related' than we realize.
eIY3vT9.jpg?1
The Cathnoquey Consortium: This single release DLC would open up the island of Cathnoquey and could include the playable race of the Lilmothiit, who are assumed to be related to the Kajhiit but I suspect have less to do with the Khajiit than the Bosmer. :wink:
YZ6y2po.png?1

Altogether these releases would total 60+ expansions possible for ESO. Each one would be quite an undertaking and could give players more reasons to play ESO. ZOS would need to have multiple expansions in development at once and would have to release multiple expansions per year.

If 3 of these zones were released each year, the above concept with give ESO 20 years worth of content. It's pretty clear to see ZOS won't run out of content available to release for ESO anytime soon. This doesn't even include oblivion realms and alternate realities like Lyg.
planet_nirn___geographical__v2__by_hori873-d6h7sh0.png
Of course, ESO will never see all these expansions, but Nirn is a huge and mysterious place. Hopefully some day we will get to see at least some of the lands outside of Tamriel.
Edited by Gidorick on June 10, 2016 8:09PM
What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
That's right... Horse.
Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • The_Sadist
    The_Sadist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I like the notion of exploring new areas and whatnot I don't feel new races should be introduced. This is particularly apparent for the Chimer race, as all the Dunmer ARE Chimer, simply changed due to Azura's 'curse'. I also don't like the notion of somehow incorporating each race into a faction and if there's an 'outsider' faction the entire current story would have to change accordingly... Which is a great deal of work.

That being said, it's good to see someone so enthusiastic about ESO and it's future, fingers crossed ZeniMax doesn't screw up further.
    "Each event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event." ― Zurin Arctus, the Underking.
    Tragrim - How do I work this thing?
    Casually stalking the forums
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't like the idea of new playable races either, but the rest seems great!
    Wololo.
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While this is a very enjoyable fantasy, ESO is not very likely to be allowed to introduce radically new lore to the TES franchise. ESO is a side show that will go down in history as a parenthesis, quite possibly even as an embarrassment, and I would be very surprised if they have any plans for more zones beyond the content we have already seen in late stages of development (Imperial City and Wrothgar). After that, I suspect that all development effort will be spent on new items for the crown store. But we can dream.
  • Circuitous
    Circuitous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please don't drag up native lands and lost continents, whose sole purpose is to enhance the mystery of their inhabitants' lore, and sell it as an expansion.

There's still plenty to be done in Tamriel.
    Thank Stendarr it’s Fredas.
    Elanirne: Altmer Templar Healer, DC
    Auria Dolabella: Imperial Nightblade Tank, DC
  • GreyBrow
    GreyBrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO is a side show that will go down in history as a parenthesis, quite possibly even as an embarrassment

+1

• LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Circuitous wrote: »
    Please don't drag up native lands and lost continents, whose sole purpose is to enhance the mystery of their inhabitants' lore, and sell it as an expansion.

Unfortunately I agree... Let us let the offline version of the elder scrolls tell that story first before we ever have it on the online game.

• ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Everything you mentioned would have to come from a company who cares about their game and wants their players to enjoy themselves. ZOS has already given up on the game so I wouldn't expect any of it. What you can expect is a bunch of cash store fluff that makes no sense and some half @$$ done zones and DLC that they will release when they need money bad enough.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Its been almost a year since the last PVE solo play stuff was introduced. Yes we got craglorn and upper craglorn. Those areas are not popular at ALL. Noone wants to be forced into groups just to hit VR14. So for me I certainly hope we get some new solo friendly PVE areas. Looks like it will be fall because they say they want to let the console release "breathe" before adding any new stuff to the PC side. So for solo players you may as well cancel for a year because you wont be getting anything.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You've described enough content to keep ESO going for quite a while. ZO$ should hire you for their creative team. Interesting stuff.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    You've described enough content to keep ESO going for quite a while. ZO$ should hire you for their creative team. Interesting stuff.

I agree. Lol. Hey @Zos! You hiring? Lol
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LuxLunae wrote: »
    Circuitous wrote: »

Unfortunately I agree... Let us let the offline version of the elder scrolls tell that story first before we ever have it on the online game.

There's already quite a few areas in ESO that have never been in a single player game. I think with the nature of ESO it would be fine to introduce areas that will be in future TES games. TES games will always be more enthralling than ESO and they will always be hundreds if not thousands of years removed from one another. Each TES game takes place further and further into the future. There could be whole cities in a future TES game that isn't in ESO.

But I do agree that ESO is likely going to limit the future TES games creatively by having the foundation of the areas already created.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Gidorick, thanks so much for sharing the maps of all continents. I did not know about the other continents until now. Gonna save that map.

Great suggestions too. I would love to explore those new islands but ZOS has to make exploring land as seamless as possible, meaning no loadzones. Sectioning the land and running into loadscreens just ruins the feel of the game.

The world of Elder Scrolls has so much potential for an amazing MMORPG but it must be done right.
  • djyrb
    djyrb
    ✭✭✭
    @Gidorick - thanks for these fantastic detailed ideas. I too had high hopes for seeing so much more of the TES universe through future ESO updates that had not been revealed through the single player games.

Those hopes are gone though, for reasons others have stated, but this was a good read into what might have been.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Sadist wrote: »
    While I like the notion of exploring new areas and whatnot I don't feel new races should be introduced. This is particularly apparent for the Chimer race, as all the Dunmer ARE Chimer, simply changed due to Azura's 'curse'. I also don't like the notion of somehow incorporating each race into a faction and if there's an 'outsider' faction the entire current story would have to change accordingly... Which is a great deal of work.

That being said, it's good to see someone so enthusiastic about ESO and it's future, fingers crossed ZeniMax doesn't screw up further.

I 100% understand about not liking the idea of new playable races, especially races that are said to be extinct due to lore issue. I have, however, always viewed lore as fallible. The Chimer COULD exist outside of Tamriel. Same for Atmorans, the Kothringi, the Orma, Snow Elves, and the Cantemiric Velothi.

I would personally like to play other races but having them as NPCs (like the Naga race, whenever that will happen) would be sufficient. Acording to Lore, many of these races were killed off by the Knahaten Flu 22 years before ESO takes place. I think this could easily be explained by exaggeration. Sure... there are a lot fewer of those races around but there could be mechanics in place to prevent the rarer of the races from becoming plethoric in ESO.

I think the ability to play other races could be locked behind in-game quests and achievements and also still purchasable in the crown store. Players could be required to have certain types of characters at certain levels to play some of the rarer races. For example, only players with a Level 50 Dunmer and have completed the Chimer quest line to 100% completion should be allowed to purchase the ability to create a Chimer character.

More on this idea of having in-game achievements "unlock" Crown Store items here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/149494/in-game-crown-store-integration-concept

As for the whole faction issue. I have a concept I've been pecking away at for a while that would add a faction free aspect to ESO that would build on what ESO already has but provide players with a bit more freedom.... but that's for another post. lol.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Hortator Mopa
    Hortator Mopa
    ✭✭✭✭
    1,000,000,000,000 crowns dlc.
    Would pay,
    Would cry into my pillow until asleep.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    djyrb wrote: »
    @Gidorick - thanks for these fantastic detailed ideas. I too had high hopes for seeing so much more of the TES universe through future ESO updates that had not been revealed through the single player games.

Those hopes are gone though, for reasons others have stated, but this was a good read into what might have been.

Thanks @djyrb‌. Many of the posts I'm making now is sort of a post-mortem for many of my hopes for ESO. While ESO could have been all these things and could have been the definitive Elder Scrolls experience, I really don't think that's possible now. Not because of my lack of faith in ZOS or my belief that ESO is not up to the task.

It's more that the rate at which ESO has grown over the past year and the announcement that this rate will be slowing makes me realize we may never even see the whole of Tamriel, let alone the rest of Nirn.

Heck... I'm not even sure if underwater content will ever happen, and that's one of the most glaring omissions from ESO from both a TES and MMO standpoint.

This was a concept I had written for a water overhaul, which included underwater content: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/147216/water-overhaul-suggestion-written-prior-to-b2p-announcement#latest
    Edited by Gidorick on February 1, 2015 5:15AM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gidorick, thanks so much for sharing the maps of all continents. I did not know about the other continents until now. Gonna save that map.

Great suggestions too. I would love to explore those new islands but ZOS has to make exploring land as seamless as possible, meaning no loadzones. Sectioning the land and running into loadscreens just ruins the feel of the game.

The world of Elder Scrolls has so much potential for an amazing MMORPG but it must be done right.

My pleasure @Brittany_Joy‌. Now, keep in mind almost all of these maps have been created by fans from lore and aren't "official" in any way. The only official maps of landmasses we have seen are Tamriel (pretty much any TES map) and Yokuda, which can be seen on this map from the Redguard Adventures game.

tamriel_west_map_improved_by_hellfire2079-d3bdlmi.jpg
    Edited by Gidorick on February 1, 2015 5:14AM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could see certain things being introduced. Not much for new races, but for new zones? Well later this year or early next year had sure as hell better see at least 2 new big ass zones from what we haven't seen yet, or rather, 2 zones per faction.
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • Hortator Mopa
    Hortator Mopa
    ✭✭✭✭
    I could see certain things being introduced. Not much for new races, but for new zones? Well later this year or early next year had sure as hell better see at least 2 new big ass zones from what we haven't seen yet, or rather, 2 zones per faction.

or 10 years
  • Torquebow
    Torquebow
    ✭✭✭
    Noone wants to be forced into groups just to hit VR14. So for me I certainly hope we get some new solo friendly PVE areas. Looks like it will be fall because they say they want to let the console release "breathe" before adding any new stuff to the PC side. So for solo players you may as well cancel for a year because you wont be getting anything.

Ask yourself this.... Why do I play a massively multi-player online role playing game if I do not wish to play with other people?

I swear to god, these forums are as bad as any other MMO forums.

This is an awesome post though.....
    Edited by Torquebow on February 1, 2015 5:41AM
    Vokundein
    Legend Gaming Website | Join Us
    Torqbow - Thrall of Vokundein
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Torquebow wrote: »
    Noone wants to be forced into groups just to hit VR14. So for me I certainly hope we get some new solo friendly PVE areas. Looks like it will be fall because they say they want to let the console release "breathe" before adding any new stuff to the PC side. So for solo players you may as well cancel for a year because you wont be getting anything.

Ask yourself this.... Why do I play a massively multi-player online role playing game if I do not wish to play with other people?

Not to be FORCED to play with others, that's for sure. I have a very few select group of friends that I play with and weeks might pass without us being able to get on all at the same time so during those times I'm playing solo I hate the feeling of not being able to run this dungeon or go to that zone.

Just because a game HAS grouping and multiplayer doesn't mean it can't support solo play.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭

or 10 years

I'm still surprised WoW is a thing after ten years, let alone this game.
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • Hortator Mopa
    Hortator Mopa
    ✭✭✭✭

or 10 years

I'm still surprised WoW is a thing after ten years, let alone this game.

exactly lol.
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    Torquebow wrote: »

Not to be FORCED to play with others, that's for sure. I have a very few select group of friends that I play with and weeks might pass without us being able to get on all at the same time so during those times I'm playing solo I hate the feeling of not being able to run this dungeon or go to that zone.

Just because a game HAS grouping and multiplayer doesn't mean it can't support solo play.

Double post, sorry

Group play should be the primary focus of a mmo, obviously at that, but equally focused is the single player downtime a player has to mess with when they aren't in a dungeon or raid, something they can do without having to wait buttloads of time to form a group.

Single player stuff like dailies or solo dungeons is just as important as raid, dungeon, and PvP content.
  • The_Sadist
    The_Sadist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I 100% understand about not liking the idea of new playable races, especially races that are said to be extinct due to lore issue. I have, however, always viewed lore as fallible. The Chimer COULD exist outside of Tamriel. Same for Atmorans, the Kothringi, the Orma, Snow Elves, and the Cantemiric Velothi.

I would personally like to play other races but having them as NPCs (like the Naga race, whenever that will happen) would be sufficient. Acording to Lore, many of these races were killed off by the Knahaten Flu 22 years before ESO takes place. I think this could easily be explained by exaggeration. Sure... there are a lot fewer of those races around but there could be mechanics in place to prevent the rarer of the races from becoming plethoric in ESO.

I think the ability to play other races could be locked behind in-game quests and achievements and also still purchasable in the crown store. Players could be required to have certain types of characters at certain levels to play some of the rarer races. For example, only players with a Level 50 Dunmer and have completed the Chimer quest line to 100% completion should be allowed to purchase the ability to create a Chimer character.

More on this idea of having in-game achievements "unlock" Crown Store items here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/149494/in-game-crown-store-integration-concept

As for the whole faction issue. I have a concept I've been pecking away at for a while that would add a faction free aspect to ESO that would build on what ESO already has but provide players with a bit more freedom.... but that's for another post. lol.

Lore is a big thing in a game like ESO and like I said, the Dunmer are Chimer, only the Tribunal who had the power of gods could alter their appearance to look more Chimer (but still became Dunmer). The notion of a few remaining untouched by her curse because they were on a boat seems relatively unlikely. The Snow Elves are another one, by now most are either Falmer or interbred with other races. Having a million Snow Elves pop up and suddenly vanish again makes no sense and would impact the actual lore.

Having some of the races you mentioned as NPCs is totally okay, if they can incorporate the lore and whatnot behind it I can see it working out, but purely from an NPC point of view.

If anything I could see new races being added via expansions and the cash shop but that doesn't mean there should be said races at all. Once again, if more races appear it means having to re-create the entire main story line and faction system to incorporate them, I'd rather ZeniMax focus on content, bug fixing, balancing and other nonsense.

I'm sitting on over 13k achievement points on my main, so I'm not against a system like the one linked, but purely with fluff costume stuff, otherwise the game could become P2W.

Repeating myself, that would mean changing all voice acting, quest lines and how PvP works.. I can't see it happening.
    "Each event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event." ― Zurin Arctus, the Underking.
    Tragrim - How do I work this thing?
    Casually stalking the forums
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in for the new zones with LIMITED races. We could use a few more races but any more than 4 would be just too much. We already have a ton to choose from.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Joejudas
    Joejudas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its means grinding mobs for 1000000000000 to regain lost progress as a reward
  • frosth.darkomenb16_ESO
    frosth.darkomenb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tend to "get ahead" of myself... so just file this under that category. Under the "pipe-dream" category also.

I, like many others, hope the B2P model affords ZOS enough resources to do the Elder Scrolls name justice with ESO. Zone updates need to come more frequently than once a year. There could easily be 25+ more zones to be released to fill out Tamriel. At 2 a year this would take a dozen years or so.

I think ZOS could be more ambitious than this... if they had the resources to be. Elder Scrolls Online could be the platform that opens up the entire world of Nirn for players.

I tend to get ahead of myself too and I really like how you're doing it.
    As others, I'm not for the addition of that many playable races but I learned a lot more about the lore of the ES world.

However, even if that was ZOS plan, going B2P is not what will allow it to happen. A change like this means less resources, not more. It also means less longevity. So it's not longer possible that so much content gets produced and the game would never live to see it released anyway.

I'm an optimistic guy, I think it could have existed eventually, but what you're dreaming for is no longer possible.