The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

This new damage stack/spam meta will be the death of PvP

• Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snit wrote: »
    Dmg shields should have a cap, for example 25% of your maximun health

If you make Shields a function of another survivability stat (e.g., health, armor or resistance), you get the following results:

- Squishies (Light Armor wearers) become incredibly squishy
    - Tanks become much tankier

You'd solve one perceived problem, but you'd create two others. You may think having defenses scale with the same stat as offense is bad. Having active defenses scale off the same stats as passive ones, though, is worse.

If magicka-based classes are going to rely on active defenses, those active defenses have to be quite good.

This guy gets it. He probably has played a real PvP game before, unlike many very vocal others in this thread. Thanks for pointing out the (not so) obvious.

I agree sorcs can improve both offensive and defensive capabilities by increasing magicka but you need a large damage shield with hard hitting physical attacks. Right now on the pts my hardened ward is gone in 1-2 hits and I have 32k magicka. When my shield is gone my LA offers very little protection so I have to recast it to prevent instant death.

Lets think about the effect making shields cap on 25% health for example. I have about 20k health, only 1 shield against physical attacks so max 25k damage before I die. Two-handed attacks do around 8k damage each (before critting on shields). So thats about 4 attacks (with crit probably 3 attacks) and Im dead. I dont think pvp will get any better with such a change.
    this
    reduce dmg in pvp by 60% and you can start think about messing up shields.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Reilech
    Reilech
    ✭✭✭
    Just make it simple: Shiels are for heavy/medium armor tanks only. Anyone using ligt armor has to be killed upon first attack anytime. Problem solved.

Casting a shield -> no attack -> less damage per time -> overpowered.
    Edited by Reilech on February 16, 2015 11:22AM
  • ZRage
    ZRage
    ✭✭✭
    I like low TTK,

Hate current meta (live server), aswell as before when game launched DK tanking 20 people alone for minutes reflecting all projectiles at enemies etc.

Sorry but that's just lame, I understand class that is 100% more effective tanking but not 500000% more effective. Bringing this down and normalizing TTK's over all classes will bring place for skill in this game and more actual thinking instead of holding block permanently.