Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vote: Will You Subscribe to ESO Plus??

• Joejudas
    Joejudas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably No
    leaning towards subbing with some of the 1.6.2 changes...the dk nerfs were a bit silly though.
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably No
    Poll is a bit off, what's with the probably?

There is no probably about it, absolutely no.

I see no reason to continue paying for the content in the game at the moment. There is no content that has been announced as "coming soon" that I have any interest in.

The only content i'd be willing to pay for is Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild and housing.

None of those will be here any time soon and i'm not interesting in continuing payments for an Elder Scrolls game that's missing major Elder Scrolls content.

I enjoy the game in small doses but in it's current state, and until it's had some content updates i'm interested in, it will be well worth the amount I will be paying once mandatory subs are dropped .... absolutely nothing.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably No
    So let me ask you again, why is it a bad thing -> replacing every subscriber with potentially 10+ new players which are willing to pay far more than 13€ per month?
    How did you arrive at the conclusion that people who didn't play ESO because of the sub fee will now rush to buy it and pay the eqivalent of the sub fee every month? That's some seriously warped logic.

Don't get me wrong, there are people out there who will spend hundreds of bucks in the crown store. But those aren't the same people who love single player TES, but couldn't accept the sub - which is the potential playerbase you talked about.
  • Jando
    Jando
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably No
    I find it Interesting that after almost 400 votes, 2/3rds of the voters will actually sub.
    Dear ZoS - Sell us great content at a reasonable price. Stop the Grind!!
  • bearclawmcbainb16_ESO
    Probably No
    Bloodfang wrote: »
    So let me ask you again, why is it a bad thing -> replacing every subscriber with potentially 10+ new players which are willing to pay far more than 13€ per month?
    Name one game that has gone from sub to F2P/B2P and seen an increase in content releases. Just one.
    This move might be better for their bottomline, but it will hurt content releases. That has already been confirmed, so there's really no use denying it.
    Edited by bearclawmcbainb16_ESO on February 11, 2015 11:49PM
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The point is, with ZOS stating that no new content will come out from the launch of Tamriel Unlimited and until *at least* console launch, that is a minimum of 3 months without new content. That is *at least* $45 of sub-money I can save for any following DLC. And will it take 2-3 months again for new content to come out after that?
    This is totally valid, but remember that your $45 of sub money in that time period also gave you 4500 crowns. Crowns that can then be saved and used to buy DLC. Depending on the non-sub purchase price of crowns, that may end being totally worth it, when you combine it with the other subscriber benefits (XP boost). Or it may not. I would advise you (and others thinking along the same lines) to wait until we know how much it will cost to purchase 100 crowns, and then make your decision on whether or not to sub based in part on that.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • bearclawmcbainb16_ESO
    Probably No
    I find it Interesting that after almost 400 votes, 2/3rds of the voters will actually sub.
    A lot have voted Yes, but have written things like "until my current sub lapses in x months" or "for now I will wait and see if Zeni puts out some content".
    With the expected 3+ months until new content, a lot more will cancel.
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably Yes
    Definitely yes, the game is great and Zenimax deserves the sub fee for the awesome updates they have made for us. Even without the bonuses I would've continued on with my sub.
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • bearclawmcbainb16_ESO
    Probably No
    ShadowHvo wrote: »
    Definitely yes, the game is great and Zenimax deserves the sub fee for the awesome updates they have made for us. Even without the bonuses I would've continued on with my sub.
    So you are ok with not getting any "awesome updates" for 3+ months, while the Developers work on the console version for your sub fee?
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably Yes
    Nestor wrote: »
    That is a big problem. What is the incentive then for Subscribing?

It really makes no sense. I mean the DLC's probably won't price at more than 10 to 15, so that is the same as the one month subscription. But I would be better off content-wise to not subscribe and instead buy the DLC every couple of months. As I don't see them putting out DLC worthy content but every other month or so.

The incentive for subscribing to me is not having to worry about what DLC I have access to. I paid for a subscription game... and it seems that they're leaving that option. As far as anything else... that's icing.
    Quasim ibn-Muhammad - VR 12 Redguard Dragon Knight
    Taladriel Vanima - VR 5 Altmer Nightblade
    Ambalyo iyo Bogaadin - VR 1 Redguard Sorceror
  • Jando
    Jando
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably No
    wraith808 wrote: »
    The incentive for subscribing to me is not having to worry about what DLC I have access to. I paid for a subscription game... and it seems that they're leaving that option. As far as anything else... that's icing.

Well, there's no reason to "worry" about what DLC you have. There won't be any for 6 months.
    Edited by Jando on February 12, 2015 1:36AM
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably No
    Pretty much no reason to be subscribed. Believe me, I WANT to be a subscriber, but the benefits just do not justify a subscription. Now, if they were to add some of the sorts of things I suggested in the below thread, I might just stay subscribed.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/150450/eso-subscription-benefits-suggestions?new=1
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably No
    INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK
    Edited by Gidorick on February 12, 2015 7:17AM
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Micallef
    Micallef
    ✭✭✭
    Missing option: certainly not!
    I'll be playing, hopefully enjoying the game, at least until I hit the first paywall that's imo restricting progression.
    Edited by Micallef on February 12, 2015 7:30AM
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Probably Yes
    Probably yes because it will be cheaper in the long run than microtransactions.
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably No
    I don't see compelling reason for it, since I haven't logged in for a while, and may only play once a week for a few hrs down the road.

I do thank devs for giving back my time to work on other things, by producing zero new solo content for 10 month now. As far as I concerned, that $150 they charged me for the past 10 month was 60% theft.
    Edited by crislevin on February 12, 2015 11:02AM
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Probably Yes
    Micallef wrote: »
    I'll be playing, hopefully enjoying the game, at least until I hit the first paywall that's imo restricting progression.

So the next area to be released, which almost certainly will be obtainable as a DLC for non-subscribers, is going to restrict your progression, because you can't get in there without paying for it, right?
  • Micallef
    Micallef
    ✭✭✭
    So the next area to be released, which almost certainly will be obtainable as a DLC for non-subscribers, is going to restrict your progression, because you can't get in there without paying for it, right?
    No, only the existing/original areas for which I already paid. I try not to be unreasonable ;-)
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably Yes
    Poll is a bit off, what's with the probably?

There is no probably about it, absolutely no.

I see no reason to continue paying for the content in the game at the moment. There is no content that has been announced as "coming soon" that I have any interest in.

The only content i'd be willing to pay for is Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild and housing.

None of those will be here any time soon and i'm not interesting in continuing payments for an Elder Scrolls game that's missing major Elder Scrolls content.

I enjoy the game in small doses but in it's current state, and until it's had some content updates i'm interested in, it will be well worth the amount I will be paying once mandatory subs are dropped .... absolutely nothing.

This is the hidden gem buried in the B2P model. Before B2P you were forced to subscribe just to play the game, whether they released new Content or not. If they did not release content you liked, you could unsub (loudly or quietly), but you had to stop playing when the subscription expired. With B2P you can unsub (loudly or quietly) and still play the game until Content you want comes along.

I think this is a large part of the timing of B2P in March. This gives the PC/Mac players the ability to play the game without justification of a monthly subscription. The key here is continuing to play the game. I think a lot of people will take advantage of this that would (or did) unsubscribe and left under the subscription model.
    So you are ok with not getting any "awesome updates" for 3+ months, while the Developers work on the console version for your sub fee?

Yes, because this is not strictly what is happening. The console game is still ESO. The game systems are going to be the same. The zones, monsters, itemization, game play, classes, and skills are going to be the same. I expect that anything along those lines that they fix while working on console will make it to the PC/Mac.

Being concerned that my sub fee is just for consoles is just as silly as being concerned that my PC sub fees went towards Mac.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Jando
    Jando
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably No
    Gidorick wrote: »
    Pretty much no reason to be subscribed. Believe me, I WANT to be a subscriber, but the benefits just do not justify a subscription. Now, if they were to add some of the sorts of things I suggested in the below thread, I might just stay subscribed.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/150450/eso-subscription-benefits-suggestions?new=1

I really like some of the things you proposed in your thread.

• Jando
    Jando
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably No
    So now that it's been basically confirmed that there are going to be experience boosters available in the Crown Store (pay to win?), how many of you people who voted to subscribe will change your mind?
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Probably No
    Feedback

Terrible policies . Over zealous moderation . Lack of honesty from the company . Unsubbed today and will not return to paying for anything until I see customers treated like their business is important .
  • RSram
    RSram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably No
    Definately no under the current plan. With the confirmed slowing down of content, I will save my money and buy the DLC. It will be cheaper. I have no use for vanity items, and the ingame bonuses are negligible at best.
    Zeni has made it a B2P game. I will buy when they put out playable content.

Well stated!
  • Tiveria
    Tiveria
    ✭✭✭
    Probably No
    roechacca wrote: »
    Feedback

Terrible policies . Over zealous moderation . Lack of honesty from the company . Unsubbed today and will not return to paying for anything until I see customers treated like their business is important .

I never really posted here becuase I was usally playing read the forums when Im at work or bored. That being said this company is so full of hot air it isnt funny!

The problem is the are so many fanbois eating up whatever they tell them, they will make some money off of them. Its just a big cash grab that the fanbois are to blind to see!

You watch this game will go ptw first then free to play when the box and console sells dry up!!

This company or at that matter most companies can not be taken for the words they speak, The all mighty dollar rules !!

• Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Probably No
    roechacca wrote: »
    Feedback

I never really posted here becuase I was usally playing read the forums when Im at work or bored. That being said this company is so full of hot air it isnt funny!

The problem is the are so many fanbois eating up whatever they tell them, they will make some money off of them. Its just a big cash grab that the fanbois are to blind to see!

You watch this game will go ptw first then free to play when the box and console sells dry up!!

This company or at that matter most companies can not be taken for the words they speak, The all mighty dollar rules !!

I agree . Even experts in the market agree . Some say they've passed the point of safe return . Only time will tell on the last one .
  • bearclawmcbainb16_ESO
    Probably No
    So Zenimax realised that their sub benefits weren't worth the paper it was written on and made it a requirement to be subbed on the transition date to get the Senche mount even if you have been loyal for 300 days before that?

They must be really desperate for subnumbers. But they are still not getting my money unless they put out playable content.
  • Novesette
    Novesette
    The thing about the new sub model is that there might be a choice for current players depending on if they want the shiny stuff in the crown store or want/don't want to support the game, but any new player that gets the game after 2 or more DLC packs is going to undoubtedly find better value in subscribing to get access to all of the DLC content released post 1.6 than to buy multiple DLC packs at face value. By the time they level far enough to even play the meaningful DLC (to VRwhatever), they'll be looking at buying a bunch of packs for $$$ versus $15 a month in order to play with guild mates and friends.
    Edited by Novesette on February 14, 2015 4:24AM
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably Yes
    I'm praying that Imp City and Spellcrafting isn't this illusive white whale that we never see. I can stay plus a little after March..but not late into the summer with no extra content.
  • Sky Chancellor
    Sky Chancellor
    ✭✭✭
    Probably No
    I voted no. It's not that I don't like the game, but I don't think the future of this game is worth investing more money into it. I had hoped this game would not go B2P, F2P, and especially P2W. P2W and I am sure most serious players for pvp are gone, including myself (sub or not) .