The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Crown Store Item Wish List

• Goresnort
    Goresnort
    ✭✭✭
    Dear ZOS, the post qouted below is pure awesomeness.

UrQuan wrote: »
    OK, copied directly from another thread that I started in General Discussion without realizing there was a thread for it here:

In my opinion, these things should be available for purchase in the Crown store:

1. Items currently available for purchase from vendors (those aren't unbalancing in any way - heck, aside from sometimes provisioning ingredients they're really not worth buying for in-game gold, let alone Crowns that cost you real money - note that I don't PvP, so I'm not really sure if things that can currently be purchased with alliance points should or shouldn't be available for purchase with Crowns, but I'd lean towards probably not)
    2. Mounts that are no more powerful than horses (different is fine, but they should be balanced against horses - horses are already available for purchase with cash, and that hasn't been unbalancing)
    3. Vanity pets and other purely cosmetic items (but please keep them things that fit in the ES setting - I don't want anime or cartoon junk in ESO)
    4. Barber shop services (people have been asking for ways to change the way their characters look for a long time)
    5. DLC that is available to anyone with an ESO Plus membership for free (this is no different than paying a subscription and expecting that your sub payment goes towards continued development of new content)
    6. Maybe motifs and recipes. The common ones for sure, but I'm undecided on whether purple and gold motifs and blue and purple recipes should be available in the Crown store.
    7. A service that gives you the 10% bonuses that ESO Plus members get for a set period of time (non-stackable with itself or with the bonuses you get as an ESO Plus member - if this is available it should be relatively expensive in Crowns so that there's actually still a point to having an ESO Plus membership).
    8. Additional character slots (you can effectively get 8 additional slots by spending money to buy another copy of the game anyway - this way you can spend money to do it while keeping them all on the same account)
    9. Name changes (zero impact to any pay to win concerns)

Things I don't want to see in the Crown store:

1. Gear that can currently only be obtained through rare drops (dropped set items, etc)
    2. Mounts that give a substantial advantage over a horse (such as flying mounts)
    3. DLC that is not available for free to ESO Plus members
    4. Anything that gives bonuses to earned XP, earned gold, etc that is beyond what ESO Plus members get, or that stacks with the ESO Plus bonuses
    5. Things that allow you to unlock special chests and such to get good gear
    6. A max level character (or anything that lets you buy a level, or whatever)
    7. Skill points or attribute points or champion points
    8. Any items used in crafting that cannot already be purchased at vendors (trait stones, raw mats, etc)

Thats some very good and specific feedback/advice put forward by Mr.Urquan.
    Agree with all of it, but especially points 4, 5,7 and 8 listed under "Things I don't want to see in the Crown store" weigh heavily in my opinion.

My initial reaction to a cash shop in ESO was like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsx2vdn7gpY

However....

If the cash shop ended up like what Urquan describes in his most excellent post, then maybe, just maybe, my sentiments about a cashshop in ESO could be something like this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjfG5Im-r9o

So ZOS, thanks for a most excellent Journey in Tamriel so far.
    You sure do some awesome work.
    Hopefully your implementation of the cash shop is done properly, and I'll still be whistling on my journey through Tamriel with all the friends Ive picked up along the way, for many months to come.

Come on Brian, cheer up!
    GO TEAM ZOS!
    Edited by Goresnort on January 22, 2015 4:47PM
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IDK was it already mentoined or not, but I would like to see dyes in cash shop.
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
  • david.kinnaneb14_ESO
    Please do not turn ESO into a pay to win game. We were told numerous times by numerous people from beta until well after launch that this game would not ever be free to play. Imagine my disappointment to see you back down from that. I can guarantee you that you will lose a loyal customer if I get the impression that you are chasing a cash cow instead of garnering customer loyalty. If you want to see what not to do, go look at how Cryptic runs its games.

I'm happy to support your game so long as you continue to develop quality content. If that shifts to a cash grab, I'm out and my wallet will be forever lost to you.
  • Goregash
    Goregash
    Variety of Barding for Horse Mounts

And I know theres no real interface or system for barding, so maybe just horse mounts wearing different types of barding would be cool (unless theres plans to allow mounts to wear cosmetic armor/barding)

Id also like to see more standard clothing like coats and dusters over shirts and casual looking pants and foot wear. Nothing formal or designed for specific classes, but just badass casual wear.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Great ideas so far, guys. Keep it up! We're passing along all this info to the responsible teams.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • samuel_scherrer
    Plz drop out of the game any kind of boost for subscribers, don't make it pay to win

at the store I DON'T want to see
    - Booster of any sort
    - Barbershop (this should be in game like WOW, not in the cash shop)
    - Inventory Space
    - Weapon and Armor
    - Heirlooms (weapon and armor that level with the character)
    - Anything PVP related. What's sold in Cyrodiil need to be bought with Alliance point, not crown.
    - Blue -purple -green hair
    - Unrealistic pets and mounts
    - Keys to open chest
    - Potions of any type, you will kill the alchemist
    Edited by samuel_scherrer on January 22, 2015 5:07PM
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS - I cannot stress the importance of keeping this game free from RNG boxes. I want this game to be about exploration, things like mounts and outfits that fit the setting are acceptable. Please respect the setting, and don't go the way of LOTRO. We know there's a store, don't plaster quick links to it on every screen. Keep in unintrusive and transparent.
  • Siluen
    Siluen
    ✭✭✭✭
    A wolf-pet would be a nice addition, the wolves in this game look really pretty.
  • Quintal
    Quintal
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno so we're getting not only ESO+ 10% XP boost but another XP boost from the Crown shop as well? Seriously???! So the richest people will be ahead of everyone else in leveling? Try to introduce equipment and I'm out...
    ''Subscription fee means that we will offer players the game we set out to make, and the one that fans want to play. Going with any other model meant that we would have to make sacrifices and changes we weren't willing to make.''
    -Matt Firor
    Nick Konkle no longer part of ZOS
    Maria Aliprando no longer part of ZOS
    Paul Sage no longer part of ZOS
  • Menelaos
    Menelaos
    ✭✭✭✭
    - Potions of any type, you will kill the alchemist

Potions will be available in the store no matter what. And in the German forums ZOS Kai Schober has already stated that they will be slightly more effective than the regular ingame ones, but inferior (and without additives like Spell Crit, Immovable etc.) to those potions a player alchemist can mix.

Reference:
    Ja, Tränke aus dem Shop sind etwas besser als die vom in-game-Händler aber schlechter als von Spielern. Das wird auch so bleiben.

Source is his answer to question 6.

...und Gallileo dreht sich doch!
  • Lynnessa
    Lynnessa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is... is this how we will get character re-customization?

I'd rather have it accessible in-game than through the store.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pretty much just want all the fluff type things in the Crown Store.

Maybe some new emotes
    Mounts
    Pets
    More beards and the ability to change character features (hair, face shape, etc)
    Cosmetic weapons? (Like the looks of a certain weapon but using the stats of what is actually equipped)

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • ChuckyPayne
    ChuckyPayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Convinient account-wide stuffs
  • Icepants
    Icepants
    ✭✭✭
    I would the happiest person if I could buy a race change. I regret my choice because the racial benefits aren't good for my play style.
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here is my list

In Shop:
    -Costumes
    -Pets
    -Mounts (No special benefices from the ones in game)
    -Player visual aspects
    -DLC expansions

In Shop Limited
    (needs to be carefully placed not to give pay players a big advantage)
    Honestly i hate this concept but ZOS needs to gain some cash so they will put something like this in Shop

-Special Chest Keys (1 per week)
    (This could be the same as PVP blue vendor but with a higher % on rare drop or the undaunted / normal dsa chests)
    -10% Bonus Exp/Craft//Gold (1 per week / Duration 4h)

Please DONT include
    - Item that unbinds bound items
    - Rare master or set stuff that is only in shop
    - Nothing of skill points or champion points
  • Carnagan
    Carnagan
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see a Dragonling pet in the Crown store. Covers people who want Dragon stuff and they're 100% lore friendly.

I'd also love the ability to play as a Ohmes-raht Khajiit (the human looking Khajiit from Daggerfall). They wouldn't NEED their own skill line but they could. I could see them being a bit like the Imperials, with some of them choosing to travel rather than stay in Elswyr. I can't imagine they'd be super popular among the Mer of the Dominion since they look like Men, after all.
    Edited by Carnagan on January 22, 2015 6:27PM
    "You dream of the Moon and a man who is less than a man."
    Proud explorer of Tamriel since 1996
  • Kerioko
    Kerioko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone!

As part of Update 6, we are introducing the Crown Store

Since the crown store is coming with 1.6, and the crown store is part of the B2P model, I take this as saying 1.6 will hit live March 17...meaning we will still have VR levels that are supposed to be removed in 1.7.

Or are they trying to double dip by having people still pay subs, while being able to spend more money on stuff in the cash shop.

So is ZOS going to actually launch the new model with a feature (VR levels) that will be removed with the next patch, or will it be one month of double dipping more money from subscribers?.....hello more QQing!
    Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets - Argonian mNB Tank/Heals (PVP)
    Strawberry Semifreddo - Dunmer mSorc DPS // Sunny D-Light - Breton mTemp Heals
    Peanut Butter Sandwich - Orc sDK DPS // Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - Argonian mWard Tank/Heals (PVE)
    Cor-Leonis
    friendship - integrity - perseverance
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a female gamer, there would be no stopping me from buying the following items in a new, dreamy ESO cash shop:
    • Pretty, flowing dresses (dyeable, more than just a few)
    • Weapon and armor skin transformation stones
    • Stat-less weapon skins (specifically, intricately designed staves)
    • Subtle story-driven character/armor glows
    • Subtle story-driven weapon glows
    • Inventory space
    • Ability to recreate your character's appearance, name, and faction
    • New hairstyles (long female hairstyles please, ponytails do not count)
    • Housing features (leaving us much more available to find/craft within the world then to buy in the store)
    • Maybe a fun questline leading to a mysterious cave full of treasure where we can pick out only a few items to take home with us (costumes, satchels of gold, house decor; paintings, golden sarcophagi, ancient furniture, statues, etc.)
    Edited by Cireous on January 22, 2015 7:07PM
  • Carnagan
    Carnagan
    ✭✭✭
    Let's not see Any Race/Any Alliance in the Crown Store. That was a bonus for pre-orders and I believe it was said it wouldn't show up in a cash shop. It's also one of a very few "bragging" rights that your first supporters get.
    "You dream of the Moon and a man who is less than a man."
    Proud explorer of Tamriel since 1996
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kerioko wrote: »
    Hello everyone!

As part of Update 6, we are introducing the Crown Store

Since the crown store is coming with 1.6, and the crown store is part of the B2P model, I take this as saying 1.6 will hit live March 17...meaning we will still have VR levels that are supposed to be removed in 1.7.

Or are they trying to double dip by having people still pay subs, while being able to spend more money on stuff in the cash shop.

The crown store is not included in 1.6. The crown store does not go live until March 17. It was mentioned during the ESO Live show yesterday that 1.6 will go live before that time.
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Want: Bank and bag space, extra character slots, dye-able costumes (some say they are, some say they aren't) and dye access because personally I'll never unlock that pvp purple I want unless a pve way to earn is offered as well

I want barbershop/player housing/ guild housing.....however unless they changed model since I stopped playing games like LOTRO have this in game, for in game gold, available to all players equally, so as much as I'd love them to be in game, not at a real money cost.
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• tpanisiakb16_ESO
    tpanisiakb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am totally fine if you want to sell rare / legendary motifs in-store. I really don't have time or patience to farm single dwarven item pages, but for Goodness sakes do NOT let them be transferable to other players, least you want to see players buying them in-store and selling them in-game to other players. If you're adding new motifs give it sometime to only be acquirable in-game before cash-shopping it.

Character slots pls!1

I am totally fine if you want to sell inventory upgrades, so long as you can't get more than what you can get with in-game gold.

I am absolutely fine if you want to sell character customization appearances, idle animations, and skill animations so long as it remains lore appropriate and immersive (I don't want to see anime style hair or dragon wings, etc.).

Different weapon / shield positions options and / or the ability to show my second weapon (my two-handed longsword fitting nicely under my shield, and my one-hander sheathed at my hips)

I would give you 100$ right now if you can let my Argonian transform into a Werecroc (which I'm sure is lore friendly).

Dyes! Go ahead, add a whole bunch, couple them into packs, whatever. That will sell a lot; it's so simple and non-intrusive and desirable.

Mounts / pets and perhaps idle animations for the same.

Any plans to ever have permanent combat companions of sort? For example I would eventually like to thoroughly comb through Craglorn. On its own it's not exactly solo-friendly, but it would be nice to recruit a mercenary of sort. Everyone could have this option in-game, these companions / mercenaries won't be allowed in private dungeons / raids / etc., and you can only ever have one and they would have specific, basic roles (caster / archer / healer / melee, etc., etc). Again, without spending a dime you could acquire them in-game, but you could then spend money to change their looks / behavior or to recruit in place of your current companion with similar specs. Hell they could even wear armor you gift them / make them and can be effected by item changes you buy in-store as well. Could be something to consider down the road, but something that may be hard to keep the peace on. Essentially this is an online game you want people playing together, but there are people like myself that enjoy taking their sweet time, reading quests and exploring nooks and crannies without other players losing patience. An NPC companion, although a shoddy replacement for a real player might be just enough to get me through tougher mob packs in Craglorn. That's one thing I really liked about SWTOR, and could easily be used as a cash-shop item that people might find attractive without being necessity when whatever is in-game is just as good.

There's a lot I don't want to see in game and it's been mentioned before. No pay 2 win, no RNG boxes, no Champion Points for sale, no lore unfriendly items / abilities.

So long as you keep your side of the bargain with B2P I'll be here every step of the way. :)

Edit: On a unrelated note altogether, what I wouldn't give to be able to justify this text. Twitch.
    Edited by tpanisiakb16_ESO on January 22, 2015 7:23PM
  • orangeberry4
    orangeberry4
    ✭✭✭
    hello Zos team love eso, I would love to see a few things in the store.

-lots of cute pets, like different cats and dogs, foxes, snakes, oversize lizards, wolves and creative stuff like that. even birds n stuff.

- more variety of costumes, weapon and armor skins. masks would be cool. I don't care if its lore friendly or not haha those people are crazy.

- animal tails and ears, animal hide skins like bear head or somthing for my wood elf would be nice, Egyptian style costumes for the kahjit too. I would love my kajiht to look like a pharaoh or Cleopatra hahah.h(racial specific costume add on.)

- I would love some stuff from Akaviri like more samurai armor and ninja gear. (I hope future content will take me to that land cause it has lots of new races.

- I would pay to make a lilmothit race (fox like race), like the imperial race.
  • Snowstrider
    Snowstrider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been begging for more customization and other mounts then horses since the beta,Guess now its finally time to add them :) Please dont make them extremly expensive!

You should add Character re customization along side with new hair,beard,eye colours,tattoos (being able to choose colour for tattoos) And character name change for people who want that,A MMO can never have enough of customization.

Would love to have Cloaks/mantles/capes,And i know i am not alone with this,I know you have said before you wont add them but cmon,Its not that hard. it would fit th game so nice,Think of different cloaks for different races,Like nords having big fur cloaks (Game of thrones style) So many other MMOs have this ive heard people say that this game cant handle it but seriously,I think it can. They dont have to look perfect,As long as t he game has more customization then now i am happy.

And about Mounts,This has also been a hot topic,Whenever i bring this up people freak out about it breaking lore,But seriously. Only having horses in tamriel would break the lore more,MOst races in tamriel use other mounts then horses,Besides i think people are getting bored of the dull horses. I am glad they break this trend with Guars and i really hope we see more mounts in the game. All sorts of mounts! Examples

Camels,Bears,Wolves,Wamazu,Senches,Nix hounds,sabrecats and i am not sure about this but... Mammoths,Silt striders and netches?? Maybe they are too huge.. If they are added make sure they are really rare. Be creative ZoS! :)

Another thing i would like is being able to transform gear i have into different racial styles i know,You should also make costumes of the three heroes in the cinematic trailers available.

Another thing i have been wishing for since launch is HOUSING Maybe its not a cash shop thing but it would make the game so much more fun.

Also IN GAME EVENTS I am suprised you havent added them yet,But again people freak out about the lore when they hear this but they dont realise tamriel have holidays just like us,And all sorts of events would bring the community together for all sorts of fun activities! Be creative zos,think of all kind of events you could have,i know its also not a cash shop thing just something that is on my wishlist.
  • Amiarah
    Amiarah
    ✭✭✭
    What I don´t want is the store selling weird mounts, items that give unfair advantage or items that are a lot better than ingame items, such as food or pots. I can do with achievement advancing scrolls like lotro has, kill one get

What I think would be insane is to have DLC´s in the store. If this is going to happen, f2p is imminent. More ppl might leave, and are already leaving now, because of this. Not even a year after release.
  • ChuckyPayne
    ChuckyPayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hard way but user friendly. No other MMO do this:
    Only DLCs (lots of), and services: server change, name change, faction change, race change, etc :)

No pets, no costumes, no mounts nothing else. These pets etc for ingame play, achi, hard mode, random drop, quest rewards. Etc. The Utopia.
  • Kraven
    Kraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about a PC only server that's separate from the F2P/B2P toxicity?

One where loyal fans could continue to pay their sub and still have access to the game they signed up to play two years ago not a watered down version run by cash grabs.

How about the chance to buy an honest answer?
    Kraven wrote: »
    How much will DLC cost? If it is released one per every 3 months, is it going to sell for the $45 that Unlimited members have paid in subs? Not sure how many console players would pay 45 every 3 months considering they apparently had such an issue with sub model in the first place. So IF dlc is available every 3 months for the expected $10-20 what is the benefit of paying the additional $25-$35? Crowns?

3 months seems like a very quick time table to release new content for a B2P game. Take GW for example, it after all has the exact same business model:
    Three stand-alone episodes, one major expansion pack, and several "mini"-expansions were released in the series from April 2005 to April 2013

So how long do you realistically see quality rich content worth the price of DLC to be released? How do you balance keeping that DLC cheap while keeping subs, supporting development of cheap content?

Wouldn't every player be better off buying the number of crowns that they wanted and the DLC, considering subscribers are only 'renting' the DLC no matter how long they've been subbed? (the content itself becomes locked if they drop their sub a year from now for a month or two, during those two months they don't have access to a $20 DLC even though they've paid a year's worth of subscription?)
    V14 - IMPERIAL NIGHTBLADE - DPS/TANK
    V13 - BRETON SORCERER - HEALS/DPS
    V2 - REDGUARD DRAGONKNIGHT - MELEE DPS
    V1 - BRETON TEMPLAR - TANK/DPS

to be continued... Nevermind, no longer "to be continued"
  • Elridge
    Elridge
    ✭✭✭
    Terminus wrote: »
    I want to ride my Senche-raht, a Battlecat, into battle!
    eSb8p.jpg

Agreed! All fear the Khajiit! :D

Account Name:@Elridge
    "Be kind and generous to the people of Tamriel. Protect the weak, heal the sick, and give to the needy." -Stendarr "Ten Commands of the Nine Divines"
  • amigoNUMBER1
    amigoNUMBER1
    Soul Shriven
    I'd love a camel mount.

I'd strongly dislike gear which puts the purchaser at any advantage or items that are vastly better then what are already available.
  • Rashishane
    Rashishane
    ✭✭
    I have another one to add to my wishlist. I play a bosmer and I want to ride a battle elk :blush: