Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown Store Item Wish List

• Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, more character slots. :) I'm a severe altoholic.
    PC EU
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    I can tell you what we DON'T want: gear/consumables superior to what we can get in-game.

Please, keep that out of the cash shop.

Telling us what you don't want to see is fine as well. :)
    I don't want to see consumables. Oh wait...

But to keep it constructive, barber shop and name change please.

I would be OK with barber shop and name changes in the store, but I would like to see barber shops and all of the other bells and whistles that we have been talking about since launch part, of the subscription or paid for with simple gold. I don't want to have to fork over crowns, even if I have them, for in-game stuff like this when I am paying a monthly subscription.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    I don't want to see the ability to shorten trait research times. No one in game will have all 9 traits done on one toon before April. Seeing someone able to buy all the trait abilities as a convenience would be a huge slap in the face to everyone that has invested time on this to date.

This would make me leave the game come March as it would have been a complete waste of time to put the time into crafting that I have.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT ADD REDUCTIONS TO RESEARCH TIMES IN THE CROWN STORE!!!!!
    NA Server - Kildair
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, copied directly from another thread that I started in General Discussion without realizing there was a thread for it here:

In my opinion, these things should be available for purchase in the Crown store:

1. Items currently available for purchase from vendors (those aren't unbalancing in any way - heck, aside from sometimes provisioning ingredients they're really not worth buying for in-game gold, let alone Crowns that cost you real money - note that I don't PvP, so I'm not really sure if things that can currently be purchased with alliance points should or shouldn't be available for purchase with Crowns, but I'd lean towards probably not)
    2. Mounts that are no more powerful than horses (different is fine, but they should be balanced against horses - horses are already available for purchase with cash, and that hasn't been unbalancing)
    3. Vanity pets and other purely cosmetic items (but please keep them things that fit in the ES setting - I don't want anime or cartoon junk in ESO)
    4. Barber shop services (people have been asking for ways to change the way their characters look for a long time)
    5. DLC that is available to anyone with an ESO Plus membership for free (this is no different than paying a subscription and expecting that your sub payment goes towards continued development of new content)
    6. Maybe motifs and recipes. The common ones for sure, but I'm undecided on whether purple and gold motifs and blue and purple recipes should be available in the Crown store.
    7. A service that gives you the 10% bonuses that ESO Plus members get for a set period of time (non-stackable with itself or with the bonuses you get as an ESO Plus member - if this is available it should be relatively expensive in Crowns so that there's actually still a point to having an ESO Plus membership).
    8. Additional character slots (you can effectively get 8 additional slots by spending money to buy another copy of the game anyway - this way you can spend money to do it while keeping them all on the same account)
    9. Name changes (zero impact to any pay to win concerns)

Things I don't want to see in the Crown store:

1. Gear that can currently only be obtained through rare drops (dropped set items, etc)
    2. Mounts that give a substantial advantage over a horse (such as flying mounts)
    3. DLC that is not available for free to ESO Plus members
    4. Anything that gives bonuses to earned XP, earned gold, etc that is beyond what ESO Plus members get, or that stacks with the ESO Plus bonuses
    5. Things that allow you to unlock special chests and such to get good gear
    6. A max level character (or anything that lets you buy a level, or whatever)
    7. Skill points or attribute points or champion points
    8. Any items used in crafting that cannot already be purchased at vendors (trait stones, raw mats, etc)
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Kurimugann
    Kurimugann
    ✭✭✭
    Ridable horse sized dragons could be fun (We have Dragon Priests, Dragonborn, Dragon Knights, it might be about time we had actual Dragons somewhere)

But yeah, nothing that would make the player with too much money to spend Stronger in any way than the person without money. I've had enough of that in Digimon Masters Online.

And maybe emotes.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The store offers consumables you can use to save time on in-game activities (like experience and crafting boosters, for example) along with new customization options including costumes, exotic pets, and mounts.

Does this sound like the start of a pay to win model to anyone else?

*Edit: I think it's disgusting that they are considering offering XP boosts even for crafting.

Edited by eventide03b14a_ESO on January 21, 2015 8:15PM
    :trollin:
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Put into Crown store:
    - Dyes that match the colours accessible through achievements; higher rarity of the achievement means higher cost of the dye. This will allow people too lazy to deal with content to purchase their way past it.
    - Items that change the Racial style of gear by right clicking it in the way the Imperial Edition bonus works, but make them one-shots to keep people buying them
    - Racial crafting style materials, but keep them farmable from cabinets as they are currently; just a shortcut for people lazy to farm

Keep out of Crown store:
    - Anything that impacts character stats or attributes in any way (consumable or non consumable)
    - Unique costume items
    - Lottery items. Seriously, don't do this.

Do moderator work for a f2p company, and really just don't want to see the p2w forum drama that comes with it.
    Realize that the crown shop will slowly turn p2w because that is where the majority of our sales came from (that and lottos, lots and lots of lottos...)
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Neryaz
    Neryaz
    ✭✭
    do not implement this system thats what i want after playing this game since beta. ZoS dug its early grave.
    DK VR 16 Phixus Azura/Trueflame

Templar VR 16 Trygor Azura/Trueflame.
  • tonyglissonb14_ESO
    tonyglissonb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    NO! Combat consumables!
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can Slurg finally get her brown dog? After all these months?

Ogrub and Slurglina would like a trip to the hair salon.

Lady Slurgama wants a new tattoo.

And all the horses would like some new armor. Frog Racer would like a tail wrap too.

I second or fourth or fifteenth the idea that items in the cash/crown shop should not give competitive advantages. No pay to win, please.

Will DLC be purchasable with crown points or are those going to be cash only?
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lore appropriate horses would be nice. For example:
    • Redguard Yokuda Warhorses (Maybe camels?).
    • Bosmer boars/hogs,
    • Orc bears,
    Etc etc.

But perhaps keep it sensible so your race can only use your race's mount.

A system to design our own costumes should definitely be added to the game as standard, so any costumes in the crown shop I think should be of styles that our character's can't make/obtain themselves.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The store offers consumables you can use to save time on in-game activities (like experience and crafting boosters, for example) along with new customization options including costumes, exotic pets, and mounts.

*Edit: I think it's disgusting that they are considering offering XP boosts even for crafting.
    This booster option does sound dangerously close to sliding down the pay to win rabbit hole. If people are allowed to buy XP boosts where do you draw the line?

I also never ever want to see any notifications in game that tell me "you could be gaining X faster with Y product, available in the crown shop", or "want to open this chest? Click here to buy a key!"

Please keep the crown shop and the gaming experience separate.
    Edited by Slurg on January 21, 2015 8:44PM
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fluff such as: costumes, mounts, dance moves, pets and other vanity items.

If housing ever available, items connected to that.

Utility such as: character slots, race- and gender change, bank- and inventory space, smaller exp boosts are fine, appearance change on armor and weapons.

Any items boosting players power or gear should not be in the store. Such as trial, dungeon and PvP unique armour sets + future upgrade parts. Neither do I dont want to see any stupid bundles of Lucky Mudcrab Boxes with a 0.0001% chance of getting bis items or a mount that's faster than all the other ones. That's a huge deal for me, because I will never ever again play a p2w game, I cant afford it.
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Keep the items in the Cash shop TES related, no Pink Unicorn Mounts.
    • Absolutely NO LvL 50 Gear (or current LvL cap) via the Cash shop (leveling Gear I could care less about).
    • Nothing that's a superior version of an item in game, as Matt pointed out that the Pots will be roughly equivalent to Merchant bought.
    • Add all the Vanity stuff you want, as long as it's fitting within the TES Universe.
    • Keep everything in the Cash shop BoA, as Matt also pointed out.
    • Stay away from adding "Loot Chests" like some MMO's have.
    • MANY themed Costumes, yes please.
    • I'd like to see Appearance change added to the Cash shop, as well as an in game variant.
    • Race/Faction change is another option that kind of has to remain Cash shop only if it's added (no in game equivalent).
    • DLC is fine since ESO Plus members have full access to that as well. And it's really the only way for Consoles to get new content.
    • Possibly Inventory spaces? I'm on the fence about that.
    • Also on the fence about added Character slots in the Cash shop.
    Edited by DeLindsay on January 21, 2015 8:54PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for all the ideas so far, everyone!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would love a purchasable race change pretty pretty pretty please. I have been waiting since launch for this option.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Slurg wrote: »

This booster option does sound dangerously close to sliding down the pay to win rabbit hole. If people are allowed to buy XP boosts where do you draw the line?

I also never ever want to see any notifications in game that tell me "you could be gaining X faster with Y product, available in the crown shop", or "want to open this chest? Click here to buy a key!"

Please keep the crown shop and the gaming experience separate.

Only lazy, unskilled or impatient people would agree that xp boosts are a good idea. I know that it's a business but that doesn't mean they can't have some integrity. It's not exactly difficult to reach max level as it is.
    Edited by eventide03b14a_ESO on January 21, 2015 9:01PM
    :trollin:
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Besides the vanity items that will obviously be in the Crown Store, I'd like to see:

-Name and race changes

-Additional character slots

-Remote Banker, where you summon a traveling banker who will appear when you when jingle your coin purse.

-Additional bank and inventory slots

-Courier System, which gives you the ability to send items to yourself so you don't have to play the character mule shuffle game.

-Alliance transfer (though many people are against this, I do have a character I wish to transfer and it should be very expensive to do and only possible to do once at an exorbitant fee to prevent bandwagoning)

-Housing!
    Edited by Grunim on January 21, 2015 9:00PM
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• ChuckyPayne
    ChuckyPayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wish List?
    Balanced prices, slow growing.

Price balance:
    I liked the subscription fees. It is promised to me, I will get good content very often. We will see what will change after March. I would like to play as before. Ok then I will buy premium plus -> All DLC Update X will avaible, its ok. 1500 crowns that is enough to buy mounts, pets, costumes? I dont want pay more than a subscription fee/month. But I would like buy some pets, costumes mounts, but if I can't with premium plus I will left, because I do not want to relive what we saw in GW2. Dont say u dont need to buy. I would like buy, why? As is already being collected the motifs. Because of the appearance.

Item balance, slow growing:
    We don't want every week new skins, we don't want with every update new skins. Keep slow growing pls.
    Just 2 simple question
    - How many new skins we will get in March in-game? (new motifs?, new armor skins? like yokudan etc) I think 0.
    - How many new skin we will get in March in crown shop (costumes)? >5.

In-game 0 : Crown shop > 5

That is not good. I have a bad feeling about it. Every 6 week new update: Update X a few new costumes, 0 in game skins. Just like in GW2? I hope not. If we would like to collect a skin now: Goal has been to us (for example Aether skin, or vet10 costume, play through the content). After it, just buy a costume.

After March, we will get ever comstume, pet, mount in-game with quests, etc?

Edited by ChuckyPayne on January 21, 2015 9:06PM
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ABILITY TO CHANGE CHARACTER APPEARANCE
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone!

As part of Update 6, we are introducing the Crown Store: an in-game store where you can purchase customization and convenience items. The store offers consumables you can use to save time on in-game activities (like experience and crafting boosters, for example) along with new customization options including costumes, exotic pets, and mounts. When the Crown Store launches, we’ll have a number of items available immediately, but what about the future? Tell us what sorts of goods and services you would like to see offered in the Crown Store – you can be as general or specific as you’d like.

You can view some of the planned Crown Store items at the following link, beginning at 23:59 http://www.twitch.tv/zenimaxonlinestudios/v/3711373

We look forward to reading your ideas and feedback!

Great. Now the game is pay-to-win.
  • Yandros
    Yandros
    ✭✭
    As a future Item:
    -Get housing implemented and then you can fill the shop with hundreds of furniture / ornaments / housing components....house styles, garden items etc etc. Everything obviously within ESO lore.
    -Rather than just mounts - a horse and cart

Short term:
    -Character name change
    -Character appearance changes - hair and tattoos
    -Mount costumes - like barding/Caparisons/tackle/straps
    -Costume that adds adventurer appearance like a backpack
    -special emotes

Don't want to see:
    -Race/faction changes
    -Anything that is better than what's available in game
    -Anything that gives a player an advantage over another In combat
    -Dyes that are obtained through achievements
    -Inventory spaces as they are already available in game for gold
    -ANY item obtained through crowns being sold/transferred outside of your own account
    -Crafting boosters
    Edited by Yandros on January 21, 2015 9:30PM
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Senche-raht mounts.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Zandru
    Zandru
    Soul Shriven
    kwisatz wrote: »
    I don't really care, but I can tell you what you should not do.

Provide nothing that breaks lore or is just plain silly i.e. no unicorn heads or holiday themed items.

Do not offer items that make the game easier or give advantage. Part of the rewards in playing involve trying to find motifs or earn costumes through progression, costumes kills that motivation.

Mounts, if i see a single person riding a dragon, giant mudcrab or wamasu you will have failed.

Just don't break the lore, the immersion of the game for the sake of crowns.

Make sure that subscibers don't have to pay for new DLC, we made a contract, honor it.

+1
    +1
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, it is, of course, things for vampires and werewolves. I want the following costumes:
    1. Transformed werewolf. We're never getting a toggle for werewolf form folks. At least let the RPers out there LOOK LIKE a werewolf whenever they want. Caveat: This costume should cause guard aggro in cities IF the Justice System has guards aggro on transformed werewolves.
    2. Actual Wolf.
    3. Bear.
    4. Lamia.
    5. Harvester.
    6. Various Daedra.
    7. Zombie.
    8. Panther.
    9. Giant Bat.
    10. All of the various Vampire Stage Looks. Wearing these costumes would keep your vampire with the APPEARANCE of the selected Stage regardless of what Stage they are actually in. Caveat: IF the Justice System causes Stage 4 vampires to be aggroed by guards then the costume needs to "break" at Stage 4 but NOT disappear from your inventory and can be put back on once you return to Stage 3 or lower.
    11. Cyrodiilic Vampire. This costume would return your vampire, no matter their stage, to the original appearance they had when they were created BEFORE becoming a vampire. Caveat: IF the Justice System causes Stage 4 vampires to be aggroed by guards then the costume needs to "break" at Stage 4 but NOT disappear from your inventory and can be put back on once you return to Stage 3 or lower.
    12. Glenmoril Wyrd Vampire: This costume would give your vampire the Stage 1 skin but keep their original eye color and makeup/tattoos. Caveat: IF the Justice System causes Stage 4 vampires to be aggroed by guards then the costume needs to "break" at Stage 4 but NOT disappear from your inventory and can be put back on once you return to Stage 3 or lower.
    13. NOTE: The vampire costumes must apply to the body of the character only so that you may still wear the armor of your choice with them rather than having them come with a premade costume/clothing set. It would be NICE if these vampiric costumes were actually in the form of a slottable trinket or trophy so that you could then wear regular costumes with them as well. I am okay with these vampiric costumes being SLIGHTLY more expensive than the other costumes as they will definitely require more involved coding to create.
    14. Some suitably dark and spooky costumes for vampires to wear.

Edited by MornaBaine on January 21, 2015 9:24PM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the ideas so far, everyone!

Saw the new Guar mounts they are amazing and senche stripped panther vanity pet looks amazing too. Now all we need is the unicorn from oblivion, shadow mere from the dark brotherhood, bears and senche mounts. Also the undead horse from the skyrim dawnguard dlc. Then I would be complete.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aenra wrote: »
    sorry @MODs, cannot edit with my IE

if i could add one more thing, on the wish list:

make our monthly crown loyalties -count-. Most games, your monthly stipend is not enough for nearly anything of note, so you always need to buy more. And more, and more crowns. Which evidently leads you to drop your sub, because let's face it, it is a rip off. Please do not go there :)

I don't think this can be stressed enough. Those of us who are going to maintain a sub need to be able to reasonably acquire what we want from the Crown store without spending above and beyond our monthly sub.

• Rashishane
    Rashishane
    ✭✭
    Ok, I will bite. If you are going to be giving me these crowns here are the things I would like to spend them on-

1. Costumes. This is already included and could be really cool. PLEASE, keep the costumes realistic. Avoid the costumes that make our character's look like some kind of belly dancing Xena.
    2. How about some new hair styles, make-ups, beard styles, tattoo's? This could be a cool way to further customize your character.
    3. Colors- eye colors, hair colors. Same concept as above, further customization.
    4. Pets, cool pet's. I vaguely remember someone telling me that pet's were going to start dealing damage in fights (could be false..probably is), if so all pets available in the crown store should deal less damage than loyalty (subscription) pets- it isn't really a "reward" if you can buy better.
    5. Bags- WAIT! Not like an increase in inventory. Give me a bag that I can fill with whatever I want to craft and sell on the market. For example- let me craft an entire armor set or a full set of enchants and use a "bag" to sell the entire set in a single sale. Bags could be a cool way to spend crowns while STILL promoting crafting professions and a healthy in game market.
    6. Mounts that are fully stocked already that I don't have to feed and cannot be modified (no additional feedings allowed/no movement of points). These should cost more in crowns than it would in game gold the feed the mount (I get there is a conversion but I think you should be able to figure it out).
    7. Either give us jewelry crafting OR allow us to buy empty jewelry on the crown market. EMPTY...requiring an enchanter to make them worth something. For example, I could buy an empty ring and have an enchanter make me a jewelry glyph for it. Having the item only be useful with the help of another player will keep our current player market healthy. You shouldn't be able to buy a fully functional one right off of the crown market..ever. (I feel bad typing this one...really I would FAR rather we get jewelry crafting and no crown store jewelry!!)

So those are 7 things that I feel if done correctly could be cool, some of which you are already doing. My one true request though- whatever you decide to put on the crown market, please do not include anything equivalent or better to anything that can be crafted by a player or anything that boosts a character in any way. Meaning- no armors, weapons, motifs, craft mats, enchants, POTIONS (please reconsider putting these on the crown market, there are players who make these as their profession in game), food, special buffs, etc. Please keep the crown market fully stocked with fluffy fun instead of greedy fingers.

Edit: Miscounted how many I listed. Fixed it!
    Edited by Rashishane on January 21, 2015 9:35PM
  • TwilightDragonite
    Okay:
    • Emotes
    • Costumes (preferably ones that are also obtainable from f2p) (for the love of all things holy, lore friendly)
    • Dyes (same as above)
    • Pets/Mounts (that are EXACTLY THE SAME in EVERY WAY as existing mounts EXCEPT for appearance)
    • Sales and limited time stuff. Doesn't really hurt anyone and sells more.

Not okay:
    • Chance boxes or whatever from which you have like a 0.05% chance of getting a Rare Expensive Unobtainable Item and everything else is trash. This will destroy the economy and fuel a horrific, all-encompassing gambling addiction. Don't.
    • Keys to said Chance Boxes.
    • Exclusive gear.
    • Points towards ranks that allow you to wear/get exclusive gear.
    • Items towards points toward ranks that allow you to wear/get exclusive gear.
    • Ability to get into dungeons/raids/zones/areas/whatever that drop exclusive gear.
    • Entry to any p2p zone/area at all. Why? RuneScape.
    • Skill lines.
    • Character slots. We won't need them anymore since you can just make a new f2p account and make that 23rd DK you'll leave at level 1 and won't use.
    • In 2053 or whenever player housing hits (if it does): Selling the right to own property or a house or whatever. That should be done with gold or some sort of quest. We voted this better than ArcheAge, after all.
    • Bank or inventory space.
    • Any piece of equipment, costume or otherwise, that goes in a spot otherwise unusable by f2pers. Capes, glasses, etc.
    • Ability to bypass any game mechanic - get away from guards, etc
    • Special buff potions (otherwise inaccessible by f2pers)
    • Skill resets
    Holla holla get $
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aenra wrote: »
    things i would not want:

- lockboxes/lottery items. Including covert types, such as buy 5 and guranteed one amongst them, whereas buying one there is a "chance to"
    r.

Yes, do NOT do this. This "business model" just [snip] me off! DON'T GO THERE!

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on January 28, 2015 8:59PM