The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Most fun discovery thread...

• Milanna
    Milanna
    ✭✭✭
    A talking skull in Grathwood, just laying about on the road. I attached it to my belt and it went delirious with joy, ranting about the view. Awesome quest. I think his name was "Dingroth"?
    EU-server
    Mila the True (Aldmeri Dominion)
    Milanna the Cold-hearted (Aldmeri Dominion)
    Raphael the Cunning (Ebonheart Pact)

NA-server
    Cassius Tanicius (Daggerfall Covenant)

I just found garlic, you blood-suckers better stay clear
  • Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    NPC dialog:
    "Leave me alone, i dont wanna talk about what happened here!"
    Player response option:
    "What happened here?"
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Milanna wrote: »
    A talking skull in Grathwood, just laying about on the road. I attached it to my belt and it went delirious with joy, ranting about the view. Awesome quest. I think his name was "Dingroth"?

He was my favorite guy in Grahtwood.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Criselli
    Criselli
    My personal favorite has been using the Sack of Mystery Meat trophy to place the meat in main loot areas (like the bank). Then watch the people running around pick up the meat only to vomit moments later. /lol everytime
    -Criselli
    I have honestly thought about our dilemna. I have a solution that works out well for one of the both of us. - GlaDOS.
    Achiever 53.33%, Explorer 66.67%, Killer 60.00%, Socializer 20.00%
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Veakoth wrote: »
    Theres a giant head in the DC zone and we jumped off the nose of this monster of a statue head knowingly to our deaths and got the achievement Nose Dive

I thought this was a joke at first, yet...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj4uOp77HMA

Oh and it's not so much a random discovery as an amusing occurrence, but I saw some folks mentioning Brave Sir Robin. In The Rift there is a quest to save some drunken skalds (bards) who wandered into a giant camp. When I found the last one he insisted on singing for my character as I led him out. Not sure if the song was random, but he started singing the lines "sway as we kiss" over and over as he trotted behind me through mortal danger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWKDJpvYzQM
    Edited by tinythinker on May 12, 2014 2:18PM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • frozenchicken
    Whilst poking around Kenaarthi's Roost, right in the middle of Mistra, I found a con-artist trying to convince everyone that a dog was a horrible terrifying beast that they should all be totally afraid of and also pay 10 gold to pet (whilst it was restrained of course).
  • sera1231
    sera1231
    Soul Shriven
    This guy right here:

mushrooms.jpg
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whilst poking around Kenaarthi's Roost, right in the middle of Mistra, I found a con-artist trying to convince everyone that a dog was a horrible terrifying beast that they should all be totally afraid of and also pay 10 gold to pet (whilst it was restrained of course).
    Yes the dog was fun, i found an flute from M'aiq too his son M'aiq in and EP low level public dungeon.
    An Dumer who wanted to be an Khajiit was a quest receiver in an AD dungeon where he hanged out in a Kahjiit bar, the potion you found changed him into an Argonian.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had to bring this thread back after finding a dog called "Alduin" in The Rift. Best. Dog. Ever.
    ----
    Murray?
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had to bring this thread back after finding a dog called "Alduin" in The Rift. Best. Dog. Ever.

Does he breathe fire and resurrect dead dogs?
  • Moonscythe
    Moonscythe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everytime I am on Khenarthi's Roost I see this guy running in slow motion down the road being chased by a ram. It is so random that it's funny. My favorite so far though it the Real…Live…Dog! with the oozy nose. That cracks me up.
    Scura di Notte - Altmer Nightblade (gear)
    Lalin del Sombra - Bosmer Sorcerer (alchemy/enchanting)
    Angevin Sarkany - Bosmer Dragonknight
    Alkemene Velothi - Dunmer Warden (Morrowind)
    Sanna yos'Phalen - Altmer Sorcerer (provisioning)
    Cosima di Mattina -Altmer Sorcerer
    Naria Andrano - Dunmer Templar
    Luca della Serata - Redguard Templar
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took this screen shot a while ago and meant to post it

Screenshot_20140515_005850.png

It slipped my mind until I cam across it today. The whole speil just gave me a good laugh when I first ran into this drunk orc
    That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

• Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a quest in AD zones - I think - where there are little tornadoes summoned by a mad man. I don't remember exactly but at the end, you have the choice to push him from the top of a big tower. That was fun :)
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on July 7, 2014 2:18PM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Whisper292
    Whisper292
    ✭✭✭
    While walking along the coast of Stormhaven, I noticed a mysterious tower out in the ocean. I noticed later that I could see it from the coast of Glenumbra too. It seemed pretty close, so I decided to try swimming out to it, at which point I was promptly eaten by slaughterfish. Then I saw one that looked exactly like it in Coldharbour. That one turned out to be the Lightless Oubliette, and I hear the one out in the ocean is the Adamantine Tower. I'm hoping we get some future content that sends us out there. I'd like to see it up close without getting devoured by slaughterfish.

There was also Brackenleaf, the huge, ancient tree in Grahtwood with the high-pitched, whiny voice.
    Edited by Whisper292 on July 8, 2014 2:02PM
    ---
    Love all, trust few, do wrong to no one. - William Shakespeare
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »
    There is a quest in AD zones - I think - where there are little tornadoes summoned by a mad man. I don't remember exactly but at the end, you have the choice to push him from the top of a big tower. That was fun :)

I love pushing he lightning dude from the tower I have done it three times now
    That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

• Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This guy took an arrow to the knee

Screenshot_20140507_063145.png

-Thomas Pain

• Whisper292
    Whisper292
    ✭✭✭
    This guy took an arrow to the knee

YAY! I read somewhere that this gag hadn't come up yet. I'm glad to see it made it into the game!

---
    Love all, trust few, do wrong to no one. - William Shakespeare
  • Kayira
    Kayira
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was just riding out of the Haven in Grathwood when one of the guards said: "Do I look like an information program to you?" Very odd. I tried finding her again and see if she repeats it but weren't able to find the NPC again.
    EU PC
    In Game Tag: @Silthoras

Raid Mains: Warden and Templar Heals
    DDs: Mag Sorc and Mag Necro
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kayira wrote: »
    I was just riding out of the Haven in Grathwood when one of the guards said: "Do I look like an information program to you?" Very odd. I tried finding her again and see if she repeats it but weren't able to find the NPC again.

That's funny I am going to keep my eye out for him

-Thomas Pain

• kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first thing that really made me laugh was my own inept game playing. I climbed to the top of a tower and there was a cool sunset. I was going to do a screenshot of it, but I'm really short. So I had to jump in the air to not get part of the wall in the screenshot. Instead of hitting jump I hit roll and did a backwards somersault to my death.
    Shortly after that on top of another tower I found an evil doer. I used the flame chain thing that snaps an enemy over to you and before I could take a swing at her she whomped me with a huge maul knocking me off the ledge to my death.

So far the biggest laugh has come from Pacrooti who said he had just tried molasses and it was good so he couldn't wait to try the rest of the mole.

I also had fun in one of the dungeons sitting down by one of the skeletons near the end of the dungeon. When others would go by I would jump up and several would try to attack me.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Bleakraven
    Bleakraven
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tricking players with my bag of mysterious meat and watching the results from the bushes. MWAHAHA
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back in the early days of the April launch I was in one of the dungeons that has jail cells. Usually they are empty. This time I came up on one that had a moving NPC inside (skeleton I think). I thought wth?

All of a sudden over chat comes "Nooobody knows....the trouble I've seen....".
    Obviously a ZOS employee was having fun with us dungeon delvers. I still laugh about it to this day.
    Edited by Weberda on July 24, 2014 2:34PM
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    So far the biggest laugh has come from Pacrooti who said he had just tried molasses and it was good so he couldn't wait to try the rest of the mole.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Oh my that made me Lol

-Thomas Pain

• starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lalai wrote: »
    Stibbons.. One of my favorite characters in this game by far. Won't say why, cause spoilers.. but keep an eye out for him on the Daggerfall side of things ;)

I've only run into him in Coldharbour so far, but based on that alone, I believe you.

I mean, he's never going to beat Raz, but that's impossible.

He's a close second, wait until you read Stibbons guilde to adventuring with Lady Laurent, funniest book yet.

Edited by starlizard70ub17_ESO on July 30, 2014 7:12PM
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been gone for a while and it's nice to see the ceilings are still so interesting.

Screenshot_20141225_051740.png

-Thomas Pain

• Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While swimming i hit deep water and started to wonder if the game added slaughterfish then i got eaten by one and unlocked an achievement for it. Laughed my butt off.
  • Sue_D_Nim
    Sue_D_Nim
    ✭✭✭
    Wow. What a way to go.

242c55c.jpg
    "If danger doesn't find her, she'll seek it out and invite it home to dinner." ~ Prince Naemon
    "Such despair! Richer than a cheese sorbet!" ~ Sheogorath