The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Most fun discovery thread...

• Distrobomb
    Distrobomb
    ✭✭✭
    I learned that the dumner who occupy some of the pubs are a bit unclean.
    I survived the great ESO launch disaster 2014 B)
  • Jinorah
    Jinorah
    I was at an Inn and I went upstairs to one of the bed rooms. This is what I found... (those are NPCs)

http://jinorahgul.tumblr.com/image/81616231398
    Edited by Jinorah on April 3, 2014 9:12PM
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Melian wrote: »
    Running toward a battle in Cyrodil, this guy turns up and ganks my husband. I chase him down and finish him off, and get a popup saying I avenged my husband's character's death. That was pretty cool.

Also, the little references to other TES games, like the guy who says you could become the Thain of Whiterun (they take anybody), or the ex-robber banker named "Amussa".

"I saw a mudcrab the other day. Delicious creatures!" -a Khajiit in Khanaarthi's Roost, iirc...
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jinorah wrote: »
    I was at an Inn and I went upstairs to one of the bed rooms. This is what I found... (those are NPCs)

Goldshire?
    ----
    Murray?
  • Jinorah
    Jinorah

Goldshire?

I don't remember
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Goldshire?

I don't remember

That was a WoW reference. Goldshire was an erp hub.
    ----
    Murray?
  • phermitgb
    phermitgb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there's a remote little island on Stros M'Kai, with one of those interesting looking pillar bits, and a small campsite next to it.

In the campsite, you find a journal - in the journal, a guy basically writes "why hasn't anyone hacked open this tomb? Imma dig a hole inside, and I'll be rich!!"

if you search around the mysterious pillar, you find a small section nearby with a bunch of broken stones, and a skeleton crushed underneath.

I love little details like that.
    "There is no correct resolution; It's a test of character."
    James T. Kirk
  • Jinorah
    Jinorah
    ah, ok
  • Ohioastro
    Ohioastro
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the Khajiit trader calling out for everyone to see the slavering and fearsome beast imported from Daggerfall....which is a small dog in a cage.
  • Kolur
    Kolur
    ✭✭
    Simular to a discovery above, except. I didn't die.
    I got blasted Into the air and landed, rolled and healed up.
    I check on map and Dum dum dum dum!

I was stuck on Cyrodiil!
    for 6 hours. Fun first 4 min, then I got stuck in a hole for 6 hours.
    Still, I was first to walk around the Imperial city :P
    later had finally noticed what to do... I had to go to from my Campaign and guest into a different campaign.
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    The Argonian merchant in Davon's Watch that says "The leather in boots is not from anyone in my family...at least not that I know of. Excuse me, that was joke."
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nyxnox wrote: »
    Running around the coast of High Rock when my husband walks over to look at a blue crab, suddenly we are attacked by dozens of the little buggers...they come non-stop out of the water followed by a GIANT blue crab. A passerby stopped to help us in our predicament...we barely escaped with our lives. Too busy trying not to die, I didn't think of getting a screenshot. ^_^

This very same thing(sans husband) happened to me whilst running around Stonefalls beaches, including the passerby. My first world boss encounter ever.
    Few hours later, I stumble across a BEAUTIFUL scene, huge mushrooms arching everywhere and the on screen message: "Brahma's Grove Discovered". I was like, "OH JOY!!" and proceeded to run further in. Saw some netches, and didn't think a thing about it. They're peaceful creatures if you don't disturb them. RIIIIIIIIIIIGHT. I was dead in seconds. Then going back for vengeance, I discover they're level 10+ world bosses. Took six of us to take the herd out...and I died three times in total. Loved every second of it.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just realized in the link that this discussion is number 66666. It's Satan+66k!
    ----
    Murray?
  • hamletsbatb14_ESO
    hamletsbatb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Wandering around Cyrodiil and we came across a couple digging something. I wandered up and noticed you could interact with the dirt pile. So I did...

The two then attacked us for jumping their claim.

We looted the newly exposed chest after we dealt with them...
  • Sue_D_Nim
    Sue_D_Nim
    ✭✭✭
    I was walking along and saw a Khajiit and an Argonian walk into a bar standing over a campfire arguing. I didn't hear it all, just the Khajiit saying "well, it was YOU who wanted to cook the meat." I walked over and stoked the campfire. They both thanked me and sat down and began warming their hands at the fire.

Also, the heat shimmer effect above the campfire.

Even an NPC who doesn't have a [talk] option will usually say something when you press E. If you do that to an NPC you've previously "talked" to, he'll remember and say something like "Oh, you again." or "Hello again." They also know if you've done something good and will remark on it when you walk by.
    Edited by Sue_D_Nim on April 4, 2014 7:32PM
    "If danger doesn't find her, she'll seek it out and invite it home to dinner." ~ Prince Naemon
    "Such despair! Richer than a cheese sorbet!" ~ Sheogorath
  • Alan_Hawk
    Alan_Hawk
    To try and combat the rising tide of "OMG, wut iz maintnce?" threads, I thought we should have some fun. For some of the new players, list your favorite surprising discovery in-game so far:

For me, it was going upstairs at the Skywatch Mages Guild. There's a soothsayer up there who will teleport you to one of three locations based on what you tell her you'd like (adventure, knowledge, or beauty). She isn't marked as a quest or anything, so it was super-awesome to answer her question and suddenly end up outside the city at a world boss.

Yeah, I found this one too, but the *** trapped me. I picked knowledge and there is NO way that I can find to get back other than recalling at a wayshrine or jumping off a cliff so high it is certain death.
  • Sue_D_Nim
    Sue_D_Nim
    ✭✭✭
    A dog chasing a cat down the road, up the steps into the city ... and a couple of minutes later here they come back in the other direction ... and as I'm typing this, here they go past me twice more.
    "If danger doesn't find her, she'll seek it out and invite it home to dinner." ~ Prince Naemon
    "Such despair! Richer than a cheese sorbet!" ~ Sheogorath
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alan_Hawk wrote: »
    To try and combat the rising tide of "OMG, wut iz maintnce?" threads, I thought we should have some fun. For some of the new players, list your favorite surprising discovery in-game so far:

For me, it was going upstairs at the Skywatch Mages Guild. There's a soothsayer up there who will teleport you to one of three locations based on what you tell her you'd like (adventure, knowledge, or beauty). She isn't marked as a quest or anything, so it was super-awesome to answer her question and suddenly end up outside the city at a world boss.

Yeah, I found this one too, but the *** trapped me. I picked knowledge and there is NO way that I can find to get back other than recalling at a wayshrine or jumping off a cliff so high it is certain death.

Just in case anyone else ran into that issue, there are safe jumping paths down the side of those cliffs.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Varelsa wrote: »
    The first fight that had "boss style" mechanics,(during a low level fighters guild quest). I had to actually think about how to use my abilities, and the fight still took a while, I'm hoping for a lot more of the same.
    This!
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    This made me laugh more than it should have...
    7Xwpx.jpg

Yes.. yes... it was the Red Rooks.. certainly not some.. adventurer...
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
  • Firestar_
    Firestar_
    ✭✭✭
    Finding Sanguine's Demesne. All the NPCs there...
    "I'm so drunk. Standing is rather difficult."
    Firestar - Imperial Templar - Ebonheart Pact
    Reasons-For-War - Argonian Dragonknight - Ebonheart Pact
    Pearl Winterstone - Orc Sorcerer - Ebonheart Pact
    Jerro - Dunmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    @‌Lalai

As a compulsive kleptomaniac I found that wildly amusing. :p
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Nord Cultural Exchange quest was pretty funny.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, the skeleton in Grahtwood became my absolute favorite.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    In the city of Ebonheart the Crazy Cat Lady's house. Also in the same city found some drunks with one of them walking along the top of a wall looking like he would go off of it any second.
  • Csub
    Csub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello, this is my first post on the forum and I am writing it from a phone so sorry for possible typos!

It was fun to read all these things, I am glad the game doesn't always takes itself too seriously. I am only level 14 at EP but I already had some funny moments, mostly from quests, don't read any further if you don't want to spoil these :P

There was a quest when a mage turned his brother into a goblin. The only problem was that he became a female goblin and other goblins kidnapped him/her to gift him/her to the chieftain so we had to transform into a goblin too, sneak past the guards and free him/her before it was too late.

Another one I just did today, an Argonian wanted to join the Mages Guild by crafting potions, so of course we had to try one of them. She warned us to go out to the street as we might experience some weird stuff. Well, we sure did, as soon as I drank it, I heard someone saying "it is chasing me!" I turned around to find that person, only to find out it was a mammoth running from a tiny little cat :D

Oh, and I also found Maiq the Liar!
    "The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing. - Lyris Titanborn
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Csub wrote: »

I've been looking for him in Glenumbra! There's an achievement for tracking his movements. I don't wanna know where he is though. Wanna find him.

On topic, I found an Argonian named "Plays-With-Fire", and that gave me a chuckle.

@Seraseth‌ I'm very much a klepto when it comes to TES games in general. Which is probably why I found it so incredibly funny that she was complaining of Red Rooks.
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    In the Daggerfall Covenant, there's a little questline involving the Lady Laurent and her manservant, Stibbons, that starts at the Tomb of Lost Kings. What follows is a progression of buttmonkey jokes...
  • Csub
    Csub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lalai wrote: »

I've been looking for him in Glenumbra! There's an achievement for tracking his movements. I don't wanna know where he is though. Wanna find him.

On topic, I found an Argonian named "Plays-With-Fire", and that gave me a chuckle.

@Seraseth‌ I'm very much a klepto when it comes to TES games in general. Which is probably why I found it so incredibly funny that she was complaining of Red Rooks.

I only found him in Stonewalls but can't remember where exactly anyway :P oh the achievement means we will meet him in higher level zones? That's awesome!
    "The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing. - Lyris Titanborn
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only found him in Stonewalls but can't remember where exactly anyway :P oh the achievement means we will meet him in higher level zones? That's awesome!

I saw him in 2 places in beta, he's in a whole bunch of places according to the achievement.