The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Provisioner Hireling - Useless?

• JessieColt
    JessieColt
    ✭✭✭✭
    yep, and for some reason getting mudcrab meat has become very hard to get now also in the world. cant remember but tomato also might be hireling only

I have 100 sitting in the bank. IIRC I got most of them from Shadowfen (EP). When I ran through there yesterday looking for Potency Runes, I looted a few provisions stores and picked up a few more.

And yes, Tomatoes are 2/3 3/3 Hireling only.
    Edited by JessieColt on June 16, 2014 1:11PM
  • mfischer303b14_ESO
    sell me that mudcrab lol, i was getting tons before i hit vet then poof, mayhaps the zone im in, guess i need to back track and hope to find some, Finds it odd that dont get mudcrab meat from killing mudcrabs lol
  • Irakandji
    Irakandji
    ✭✭✭
    Well so far .. the only place I have found Tomatoes is from my Hireling.

I like tomatoes very much so I will continue to pay my hireling, besides I like her short skirt. It would, however, be nice if she would put out more stuff other than just eye candy.

Cheers
  • atomikrej
    atomikrej
    ✭✭
    I have close to 100 mudcrab meat as well. A good place to get them is coldharbor, the level 40-50 zones and eyvea, where it is fairly common. In my experience you won't find any (or at least very rarely) in the other zones.
  • smercgames_ESO
    smercgames_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I want legendary potatoes!
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For anyone looking for upper tier crafting materials, let me suggest visiting both gate areas for your faction in Cyrodiil. Each gate area has numerous containers, all of which can be looted peacefully as there are no enemy players inside these gates. I recommend sweeping one gate area, use a shrine to travel o the other gate area, sweep it then switch to your guest campaign and sweep both gate areas in that campaign. You can now go back to your home campaign and sweep again. It is very easy to accumulate honey comb, beef, mud crab meat, red wheat, cake flour, baker's flour and several other ingredients very easily. Salt, pepper, garlic, onions and potatoes also drop, although not as frequently.
    Edited by LonePirate on June 16, 2014 3:59PM
  • HellRazeD
    HellRazeD
    Brennan wrote: »
    radiostar wrote: »
    Hirelings would be good if they had a chance to mail a level or +1 level recipe instead of a measly head of garlic or something.

Garlics come in cloves, not "heads". :)

ED: I believe they are also referred to as bulbs.

.... we call them heads here. As in, one head of garlic has multiple cloves.

Necro'd because I dont know why... sorry... but provisioner hireling still hasnt improved...
    Edited by HellRazeD on September 23, 2014 8:08AM
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sell me that mudcrab lol, i was getting tons before i hit vet then poof, mayhaps the zone im in, guess i need to back track and hope to find some, Finds it odd that dont get mudcrab meat from killing mudcrabs lol

I bought a 100 for 900g at a Guild Vendor.

Oats and tomatoes only come from hirelings. I have 58 Oats and 34 Toamatoes. Use the Oats sometimes in Consummate Sweetrolls.
    Edited by poodlemasterb16_ESO on September 23, 2014 6:45PM
  • Ghostrider59_ESO
    Ghostrider59_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Earn Gold with provisioner craft, set points in Chef and/or Brewer 3/3 to make 3 additional servings and multiply your food and then sell to guilds/vendor it for 4 times more! So those rare tomatoes produce a 4:1 ratio at the market!! Not a scam and perfectly in-game method so it does not violate the TOS. Stacks of low level (two ingredients) produce 4 stacks for the cost of 1. So how many stacks can you make in an hour for those seemingly useless provisioning hireling mats? Clearly you underestimate the power of the force, this one does not.
    Edited by Ghostrider59_ESO on December 30, 2014 9:26PM
  • mrvbalc
    mrvbalc
    ✭✭✭
    I think the chance of getting rare item should be increased with respect to Provisioning level and Skills points invested in recipe lvl advancement. I have put all max SPs still getting useless items from hireling
    967qe6gfe8s7.png
    Balc
    As always Dragon of the Dominion
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously I get tons of mudcrab meat just by farming with my v14 in barrels and crates everywhere from Khenarthis Roost to Cyrodiil to Bangkorai. It is not rare, neither is potatoes, garlic and onions. I only have a provisioner to get oats and tomatoes for consumate sweetrolls, since oats and tomatoes can no longer be farmed.

...however, consumate honey brittle gives the same stats as a consumate sweetroll does, and all the materials can be farmed. I recently found out, that pepper drops frequently in dwarven ruins. So while everyone there farms motifs, I go there to farm pepper, salt and red wheat. ^^
    Edited by failkiwib16_ESO on January 5, 2015 12:57PM
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    The only use anymore for Tomatoes and Oats, is to sell in Guild Stores. Even at that the price has dropped dramatically because no one is using them much anymore.

You can pick up the Consumate Honey Brittle recipe for 2k-3k if you shop around the Guild Kiosks. So there's no point in wasting T & O for making foods you can make with CHB and looted drops.
    NA - DC - DK - PC