Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Road Ahead - December 4

• Goresnort
    Goresnort
    ✭✭✭
    Woeler wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ Will veteranranks be completely gone after this update?

Update 6 contains phase 3 of the champ system implementation.

Phase 3 = ' ability to spend points in Champion Passives and many ability changes that complement the system'

Removal of vet ranks does not happen until phase 4 in a later update.
    Edited by Goresnort on December 5, 2014 2:34AM
  • B11zzard
    B11zzard
    ✭✭
    No.
    Zard- V14 Templar - EU - IddQd

Sanctum Ophidia - First EU kill
  • Robocles
    Robocles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two things.

First: Will bugs brought up on the PTS actually be addressed.

Second: Why voice chat on consoles and not on the PC?
  • Dissentinel
    Dissentinel
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic! Can't wait for Update 6. Will the Thieves Guild/Dark Brotherhood be accompanying the Justice System or will those be in a future update?
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Fantastic! Can't wait for Update 6. Will the Thieves Guild/Dark Brotherhood be accompanying the Justice System or will those be in a future update?

The Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood will come in a future update, after Update 6.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Hoodster92_ESO
    Hoodster92_ESO
    ✭✭✭

My guess is they want to get people invovled in the Justice System first before the release the content. Reasoning because they want to make sure you are killing / stealing well oiled machine before they let you join the big boys in their quest content and such :).
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom With the Justice system will the PVE side of Enforcers be included or not at all?

Additionally nothing for PVP is mentioned? I thought there were some new alliance war abilities were being added in 6? Is there anything more for PVP too because we have been starved for a while :P?
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm thinking things like ditching that horrendous Q-wheel and implementing hotkeys. Or movable window panes, a normal MMO inventory, etc.
    all of this already done by addons
    Quick Slot Bar, and others, just FYI
  • Hoodster92_ESO
    Hoodster92_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom With the Justice system will the PVE side of Enforcers be included or not at all?

Additionally nothing for PVP is mentioned? I thought there were some new alliance war abilities were being added in 6? Is there anything more for PVP too because we have been starved for a while :P?

Isn't the justice system technicly PvP??..... I mean someone steals or kills and NPC and you get to fight said person if you are an enforcer. Not to mention the Champion System isn't PvE its both ^^.
  • Rydik
    Rydik
    ✭✭✭✭
    No Imperial in next 3? month? Nice=\
  • Caroloces
    Caroloces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is all wonderful news demonstrating the continual evolution of this great game!
    The questions that stand out for me, however, are these:

Does one necessarily have to be a thief to engage in provisioning? Or, does a thief have the edge over an honest character in creating high level recipes?

It seems to me that if the answer is yes to either of these questions, then the game has a looming imbalance issue, for thieves will gain greater food buffs for other activities in the game over honest characters. The way to address this is to integrate hunting and farming activities for those players who wish to stay "honest", or for those players who would like to wait to become PVP enforcers!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ any hints on when this will be on the pts???? I am super excited and want to test it out ASAP!
    As Matt mentioned, Update 6 will be available on the PTS in January. :) The patch notes are going to be big!

Since they are going to be big, we should get started by reading them now so we can be done by January... :wink:

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Goresnort
    Goresnort
    ✭✭✭
    Caroloces wrote: »
    This is all wonderful news demonstrating the continual evolution of this great game!

Does one necessarily have to be a thief to engage in provisioning? Or, does a thief have the edge over an honest character in creating high level recipes?

It seems to me that if the answer is yes to either of these questions, then the game has a looming imbalance issue, for thieves will gain greater food buffs for other activities in the game over honest characters. The way to address this is to integrate hunting and farming activities for those players who wish to stay "honest", or for those players who would like to wait to become PVP enforcers!

It looks like the provisioning revamp could possibly be rolling out with update 6.
  • Akselmo
    Akselmo
    ✭✭✭
    Aww yeah, the future is looking good!

Too bad there's no Enforcer-thing (PVP for the Justice system) coming yet, but it's understandable since you guys want to patch out the worst bugs before adding more content there.

Can't wait!
    Hun-Tra@Akselmo (EP-EU-PC)
    A fan of TES-series since 2005.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Caroloces wrote: »

No, you do not have to be a thief to be able to participate in Provisioning. Some containers where you get Provisioning items will be just as they are now when the Justice System is implemented. Some will require stealing to take out their contents. With the Provisioning improvements coming in Update 6, we actually expect Provisioning to become more streamlined and rewarding.

Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow this is the first CONFIRMATION of vet ranks going bye bye for phase four. So will we drop back down to level 50 (what I would rather) or will they bump it up to 63 levels (not my preference). And I like to tank, heal, magik dps, and Stam dps...so look like ill have a completely balanced champ tree! Hopefully it doesn't turn into "nub, you can't be a healer unless all points are in magick!" Love you ZOS. Also I'm taking donations of 500$ for my new computer! My hardrive failed....
  • xANTIxMATTERx
    xANTIxMATTERx
    ✭✭✭
    Disappointed we have to wait a full month until it hits PTS. I was truly expecting it to be on the PTS in the next week or so. Now we are going to be sitting around doing the same old stuff all throughout the holidays. How long after update 6 hits PTS until it actually goes live? People have off from school for a full month in most cases and will most likely be back at school and too busy to enjoy the new content when it finally reaches live.

And please don't say it's because you want all the bugs to be fixed by then. We all know it's going live with plenty of bugs no matter what. Why make your fans wait? Sanctum Ophidia has been out for awhile now and DSAV got nerfed to the ground. People are getting bored of running the same things over and over again. I know PVPers are sick of the same encounters in Cyrodiil day in and day out.

I appreciate all the work you guys do over there and I really love this game (92 days of /played on my main). However, I am extremely disappointed to be kept waiting for so much longer.
    Anti-Matter | Nightblade | AR 40 | Flawless Conqueror | Former Emperor x 2
    Anti-Psychotic | Stamplar | AR 25 | Former Emperor
    Anti-Matter | Stam DK | AR 18 | Former Emperor
    Anti-Gravity | Stam Sorcerer | AR 10 | Flawless Conqueror
    Anti-Freeze | Magicka DK | Flawless Conqueror
    Anti-One | Magicka Sorc | Flawless Conqueror
    Anti-Matter | Magplar | Shehai Shatterer

Officer of Haxus | NA
    Member of The Order of Mundus | NA
    Former Member of Havoc, IR, Learn 2 Play and Crown Store Heros
  • c.reevesnub19_ESO
    This sounds AMAZING to say the least, and thank you for getting it out to us so soon. Just one suggestion - please make sure the next patch doesn't degrade the functionality of the game. I don't know how many times your team has patched and had a serious performance issue arise afterwards that keeps players out of the game for days if not weeks. It would be so refreshing for this patch to go thru without any hiccups.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager

Neither the Enforcers or Outlaws will be in the first phase of the Justice System. They will both be coming in the next phase.

Yes, there are a few new PVP abilities coming in Update 6 as part of the Champion System!
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • patrick_g_asselinb16_ESO
    I am very interested to know if this new champion system, and it's points are capped and at how much? I play every day but not for long, I do not even have a V14 character yet, and am concerned that this new system will make the less hardcore players even less effective in PvP. The gap is already pretty big, and sometimes feels like I am throwing myself at a wall of ebony spikes with wooden weapons.
    Edited by patrick_g_asselinb16_ESO on December 4, 2014 6:00PM
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you give any ideas on new perks being added? I see you can feed your horse faster...anything else to share now? Can we eat food and drink through a perk? Different mounts? Ability altering perks?

Justice system; I guess is a wait and see...but on the surface it sounds like you're making it so getting the mats is going to be tougher now and we'll be KoS in cities. Can you give a little more detail please? THanks!
    Edited by reften on December 4, 2014 6:04PM
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update/review.

but...

It’s also important to note that the Xbox One and Playstation 4 versions of ESO are not just ports of the PC/Mac game. We have completely replaced the PC user interface with a console-specific UI designed from the ground-up with a controller and a living room play experience in mind. We’ve also added voice chat and full integration with XBL and PSN. Expect to see lots of news about our console versions in early 2015.

Err..wait.. what? The PC version is full of console type systems ("Q" pots and interactable being its most visible part with its clunky interface) because it was going to be used for console. Are you planning on taking them out of the current game and putting a better system in place? And tweaking the PC interface so it actually is better for PC users?
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Justice System is awesome. That will make it feel much more like an Elder Scrolls game, even without the PvP elements (which I'm stoked for.)

I'm tentatively optimistic about the Champion System. I still don't know enough about it to be excited I guess.

I just hope it enables you guys to stop upping the level cap. Two increases in 6 months is really pretty absurd.

What I want to do is max out my character stats wise so I can spend all my time in PvP. I enjoyed the story of this game, but I don't want to have grind PvE every so often in order to be competitive in PvP. PvE rewards should be things like gear that, while it may be beneficial, is optional.

I also hope the champion system allows real advancement through PvP alone.

Basically I'm hoping that the content itself is what encourages me to play rather than the never ending carrot approach (which reminds me too much of freemium mobile games.) I want to play because I'm enjoying myself, not because I need to gain % increases in order to be able to enjoy myself.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    We have completely replaced the PC user interface with a console-specific UI designed from the ground-up with a controller and a living room play experience in mind.

Well this interface be also coming to PC version for those wishing to use gamepads?
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • TheLaw
    TheLaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a massive disappointment that college students won't have update 6 over winter break.
    -= Shahrzad the Great |Sorc| =-
  • edewitt56ub17_ESO
    All I have to say is that this is almost as exciting as seeing the new Star Wars trailer. Finally proof that the console version is truly being worked on despite the rumors being that it will be cancelled. Glad to also see the new updates coming to add some real immersion to the game. I have to say even with as much hate that Zos gets from random haters, they are the best at keeping their community updated on current events.
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the provision update still be in 1.6 I did not see it mentioned in the road ahead. Looks like good stuff, to start off the new year, only downside was hoping to have a little extra to play through the holiday season, so 1.5.6 is it for 2014 it seems.
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not going to lie. I'm pretty disappointed about the delay, and no Imperial City in sight.

If there was something else to play, I would cancel. Cyrodiil is great, but 8 months of the samething has run it's course.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dear Jessica Folson,

I love what your company is doing, I really do.

However I have disabled auto-renew and my subscription is expiring in a week. And it shall expire.

You are implementing all sort of cool stuff, but it's a much needed garnish to a meal we are not getting.

I and many others have completed everything months ago, we are starving for fresh, true playable main content.

I mean, it'll feel awesome to press buttons and allocate champion points. It'll be awesome to steal an apple. But then?

What am I meant to do with an apple, when I have all crafts maxed since ever, PvE done, achievements done, VR instances done, PvP "done" (I am not going to run for Emperor so I just spend some time in there).

For what I see, I'll have all of 30 minutes of fun clicking my new champion perks and looking at the effects on some NPCs, then I'll steal a couple of things... and that's it.
    You are not providing us with the "subscriptions fuel", that is the "meat", that is, stuff to do. I don't mean the 15 minutes tops "dailies", but something to keep us involved for months.

I don't ask for something big like "Molten Core" that kept guilds busy for half year+ by itself. I am just asking for something, anything that would make me and many like me keep playing.

I really, REALLY want to play your game, but the playable content is way way too scarce and already done enough I have 5-6 of every Aether item set and so on.

Does not help there's really no zone where a VR14 could spend some time by himself, all we got is Craglorn with those group hostile multi-step, lock out quests that I have done again and again anyway.
  • Hoodster92_ESO
    Hoodster92_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    How many skills will the champion system incorporate?? And will these skills be able to contribute in PvP and PvE to help balance certain builds and diversify them?