Maintenance for the week of October 26:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 26
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 28, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) – 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 28, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) – 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
Access and patch issues
So here's my dealio:
- I've been playing for three months now.
- I have a MacBook Pro - Processor: 2,2 GHz Intel Core i7 - Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
- Every time a patch was released it would start the download.
- When it reached "Applying Patch" stage, the launcher would stop doing anything and two minutes later the "Access Denied" pop-up would appear, with the option of repairing.
- Once I've repaired (it usually made a full download of something like 27GBs - as I understood it this was a fault, that the game shouldn't actually download the full 27GB, but unfortunately it did. Every time a patch was released I had to be prepared to give up a day so that 27GBs could be downloaded to "repair" the issue. This has been happening for the last three months. It's been a fun time to say the least) the game then downloads and the applies the initial patch it denied me access to in the first place.
- I could then play as per usual.
- With patch 1.5.3 a new issue seems to be occurring:
- It would download the patch
- Reach the applying patch stage.
- Give me "Access Denied"
- Start up repair
- Repair does NOT download the full 27GB - it says "verifying" and "checking" and then BAM it's done (this is, from what I've heard, how it is for everyone else)
- But now, unlike the previous cases, it does not start up the download of the initial patch, and says "Complete", and I can play.
- I click play
- Game crashes without even starting up.
- I "Command+Q" the ESO application
- Quit Launcher
- Restart launcher
- NOW it starts to download the initial patch AGAIN.
- Reaches "applying patch" stage
- Access denied
- Now repeat from step 12 into infinity.
This is what appears to be my problem. I'd like a ticket and someone I can consult with please. A refund for any of the days I miss of gaming would also be great, but *sigh* guess ZOS won't be THAT kind right? I'll settle for you guys fixing this ASAP