Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

CONFIRMED: Update 5 coming 3rd November! (4th November for EU)

• Neizir
    Neizir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Provisioning or Champion changes on the PST that I could find. I really wanted food and drink to stack. It bothers me that drink is useless.

@whbaresb14_ESO Update 6 isn't on the PTS yet.
    Neizir Stormstrider

EU Megaserver

UK
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    I have a fancy signature.
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • whbaresb14_ESO
    Quite right. I miss read your original post.
  • Bloodfang
    Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    hopefully future updates will be closer to the 4 weeks than the 6 weeks of the 4-6 release window. Once in a while going over the 6 weeks is understandable, but this being only update 5... that is a little worrisome.

This is the biggest update since the launch of ESO, I'd be quite surprised if it takes them "only" 7 weeks

Edited by Bloodfang on November 1, 2014 4:42AM
  • bosmern_ESO
    bosmern_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm very excited for undaunted daily and facial enhancement and all that, But I really hope they make some much needed changes to WW. I've sent in a lot of feedback about them...
    ~Thallen~
  • tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    she said "aiming", that's not an confirmation at all as the patch could get delayed.
  • Neizir
    Neizir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    she said "aiming", that's not an confirmation at all as the patch could get delayed.

@tordr86b_ESO Since when did a patch get delayed? There doesn't seem to be any reason to delay it anyway since there doesn't seem to be any issues.
    Neizir Stormstrider

EU Megaserver

UK
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • Skizer78
    Skizer78
    Is there anything in update 5 besides a bunch of balancing changes, few more quests through undaunted, dwemer armor, and maybe some dungeon or delve difficulty upgrades? Most of this could have been added in separate maintenance secession. I have not seen justice system in PTS so I don're see how that could be in there without testing. If it is coming out soon, what is the extent of the changes. Trying to keep positive but it seems as the momentum is starting to run out.
  • Neizir
    Neizir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skizer78 wrote: »
    Is there anything in update 5 besides a bunch of balancing changes, few more quests through undaunted, dwemer armor, and maybe some dungeon or delve difficulty upgrades? Most of this could have been added in separate maintenance secession. I have not seen justice system in PTS so I don're see how that could be in there without testing. If it is coming out soon, what is the extent of the changes. Trying to keep positive but it seems as the momentum is starting to run out.

@Skizer78 Tons of bug fixes, new facial animation system, new crafting tutorial, PvP changes, a new veteran dungeon, crafting quests, survey reports etc. and veteran rank changes including less time needed to get a veteran rank, an attribute and skill point for each veteran rank gained and conversion from VP into XP for veteran ranks so you now gain XP through exploration and other things.
    Neizir Stormstrider

EU Megaserver

UK
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • Mountain_Dewed
    Mountain_Dewed
    ✭✭✭
    Voodoo wrote: »
    What does this thread and this pic have in common?
    whirling-dervish-o.gif
    There's a lot of spinning going on.

Not everyone is in sync here
  • Mountain_Dewed
    Mountain_Dewed
    ✭✭✭
    No Provisioning or Champion changes on the PST that I could find. I really wanted food and drink to stack. It bothers me that drink is useless.

Food and drinks stack might be good but there are a couple classes with WAY TOO MUCH magicka that they can use and not run out of already...
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neizir wrote: »

@tordr86b_ESO Since when did a patch get delayed? There doesn't seem to be any reason to delay it anyway since there doesn't seem to be any issues.

He means Update, not patch, and Update 1 was 'delayed' one week. That is the only update that has been off schedule until now. Every other update has come during the expected week going all the way back to launch.
    • Update 1: Expected week of May 12, actually May 22 (7 weeks)
    • Update 2: Expected week of June 23, actually June 25 (5 weeks)
    • Update 3: Expected week of August 4, actually August 5 (6 weeks)
    • Update 4: Expected week of September 15, actually September 15 (6 weeks)
    • Update 5: Expected week of October 27, actually Nov 3 (7 weeks)
    • Update 6: Expected week of December 8 (5 weeks, projected)
    • Update 7: Expected week of January 19 (6 weeks, projected)
    • Update 8: Expected week of March 2 (6 weeks, projected)
    • Update 9: Expected week of April 13 (6 weeks, projected)

Edit: I should note that I don't expect the updates to stay on a 6 week schedule. The projected update dates are just extensions of the maximum of their stated target of 4-6 weeks. I expect them to formally revise the schedule to 6-8 weeks, but I do not know when they will say this.
    Edited by Elsonso on November 1, 2014 5:23PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The champion change in 1.5 is the disappearance of Veteran Points in favor of normal XP. So right now, once you hit Vet 1, you still get experience (and it levels your non-maxed skills and skill lines) but it doesn't count towards your next vet level. You also get vet XP for killing vet level enemies and turning in any quests.

This is going away. 1.5 is supposed to also add additional skill points and attribute points for each Vet rank you earn.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also when the champion system does "start" to come up it is not just one patch it will slowly be implemented over many patches so no huge change with patch 6-7.

L2Read.

They already implemented 2 of the 3 changes.

It's really more like 2 of 5 changes.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also when the champion system does "start" to come up it is not just one patch it will slowly be implemented over many patches so no huge change with patch 6-7.

L2Read.

They claimed they can do it in 4 updates. I am not sure if Update 5 is the first of those or if they consider Update 4 to be the start. This is why my "Update release projections" run out to March 2015, if anyone cares to know.

Edited by Elsonso on November 1, 2014 2:33PM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

L2Read.

They claimed they can do it in 4 updates. I am not sure if Update 5 is the first of those or if they consider Update 4 to be the start. This is why my "Update release projections" run out to March 2015, if anyone cares to know.

You missed the part where we're getting attribute and skill points in the Vet ranks... though, to be fair, I don't remember that mentioned in the video you were citing. Which puts us at 1/5, but... eh, whatever.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We're happy to let you all know that Update 5 will be coming on Monday for NA, and Tuesday for EU! :smiley:
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're happy to let you all know that Update 5 will be coming on Monday for NA, and Tuesday for EU! :smiley:

I guess I need to stop derping around and actually max out my level 12 werewolf, then. :\
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

L2Read.

Update 5 is the second one. The first was lowering the difficulty of vet zones. This one is changing VP to XP. The one people are actually considering to be the champion system is the constellations which is part 3. The 4th is gear seasons which I don't think most people are even considering as part of the champ system even though technically it is.

Which is why I said 2/3.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

L2Read.

Update 5 is the second one. The first was lowering the difficulty of vet zones. This one is changing VP to XP. The one people are actually considering to be the champion system is the constellations which is part 3. The 4th is gear seasons which I don't think most people are even considering as part of the champ system even though technically it is.

Which is why I said 2/3.

Oh, right, there's the phase where the constellations will be active before the vet ranks are formally deep sixed.
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

L2Read.

Which is why I said 2/3.

Oh, right, there's the phase where the constellations will be active before the vet ranks are formally deep sixed.

Vet ranks won't go away at that point. The two systems will coincide with each other for a while then the vet ranks should be removed at a later date.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

L2Read.

Which is why I said 2/3.

Vet ranks won't go away at that point. The two systems will coincide with each other for a while then the vet ranks should be removed at a later date.

Which is exactly what I said...
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    No longer just aiming, now we're locked onto the seat by gravity!
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Complete with 1.5.2 bugs because they didnt... get........ tested........
    :(

It's ok. Live client is for testing too.
    Edited by demonlkojipub19_ESO on November 2, 2014 11:52AM
  • egosumacunnus
    egosumacunnus
    ✭✭✭
    Neizir wrote: »

He means Update, not patch, and Update 1 was 'delayed' one week. That is the only update that has been off schedule until now. Every other update has come during the expected week going all the way back to launch.
    • Update 1: Expected week of May 12, actually May 22 (7 weeks)
    • Update 2: Expected week of June 23, actually June 25 (5 weeks)
    • Update 3: Expected week of August 4, actually August 5 (6 weeks)
    • Update 4: Expected week of September 15, actually September 15 (6 weeks)
    • Update 5: Expected week of October 27, actually Nov 3 (7 weeks)
    • Update 6: Expected week of December 8 (5 weeks, projected)
    • Update 7: Expected week of January 19 (6 weeks, projected)
    • Update 8: Expected week of March 2 (6 weeks, projected)
    • Update 9: Expected week of April 13 (6 weeks, projected)

Edit: I should note that I don't expect the updates to stay on a 6 week schedule. The projected update dates are just extensions of the maximum of their stated target of 4-6 weeks. I expect them to formally revise the schedule to 6-8 weeks, but I do not know when they will say this.

Yup they are not spending as much money or time on the updates now and they will take longer.

If real life had a block function i would go out more.

Proud to have spent a year paying to BETA test ESO for consoles.

Error Code 301
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hoho, update on tuesday for us EU people. Well, I'm doing the laundry that day, so no gaming hours lost for me. Excellent, Smithers.
    Edited by Master_Fluff on November 2, 2014 12:49PM
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quintal wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Please, just a small tease from Update 6 ? :)

I have some hot info for update 6!
    • It will be the next major update after update 5!
    • It will have fixes and improvements
    • It will probably have new, redesigned delves that are part of this really cool undergoing effort to make delves more interesting.
    • It might add a thing or two. Maybe more.
    • It will be the last major update before update 7!

lmao this made me laugh
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • bedlom
    bedlom
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Looking forward to this update : )
  • Neizir
    Neizir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys the size of the update is 13GB in case you didn't know.
    Neizir Stormstrider

EU Megaserver

UK
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup they are not spending as much money or time on the updates now and they will take longer.

I think they are spending as much time and money on the Updates. That is part of why I think they will change to a 6-8 week schedule.

They have a large amount of pre-announced content. If you go back to early statements, you will find what I consider to be several updates worth of 1.0 content. The unreleased items from this list are getting fewer and they are not being quick about telling us about new items. I feel that this is their "first year after release" list.

Now, obviously, I have no idea how they have their resources allocated. I expect that since they have been able to keep up with the Updates, and have been steadily releasing announced content, that the people working on Champion System were originally slated for something else. The Champion System was a disruption to the plan, something that they did not expect to be doing. Whatever work they wanted to do is obviously not being done and they have more people assigned to current update work than planned.

I think that they will run out of ready content that can be placed into Updates. The Champion System will have disrupted the pipeline that delivers content to the Update doorstep every 6 weeks. That means one of two strategies, either lighter updates every 6 weeks or a longer span between updates.

If they switch from 4-6 weeks to 6-8 weeks, they may be able to do both. They are only using the 6 week schedule anyway, so the 4-5 part of it is largely irrelevant. By placing it on a 6-8 week schedule they can do a light 6 week Update while still allowing for 8 weeks if content is almost ready, but not quite.
    The Road Ahead - May
    • A system that allows grouped players to see each other even when they’re in different phases
    • A justice system—steal from and kill NPCs and deal with the consequences if you are caught
    • Migration of European Megaserver to our European datacenter.
    • Field of View (FOV) adjustment
    • Armor dyeing and tinting
    • Two new Veteran Dungeons: Crypt of Hearts and City of Ash
    • New region of Craglorn with a new Trial (the Serpent)
    • Increased ability to pick up items in the world
    • Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood storyline and quests.
    • Spellcrafting
    • Horse Racing
    • Dragonstar Arena—similar to Trials, but built for a group of four
    • Improvements to fishing
    • Crafting system improvements
    • Improved Looking for Group system
    • Better NPC facial animations
    • Guild functionality updates: guild store interface updates, customizable guild insignias, tabards, and guild ranks, and Guild Kiosks—guild stores open to everyone that are available to the highest-bidding guild.
    • Auto-leveling dungeons that level to your group leader
    • Awards when you repeat dungeons
    • Imperial City PvP dungeon

To this, they added
    • Champion System.
    • Murkmire

Edited by Elsonso on November 2, 2014 3:21PM
  • Neizir
    Neizir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS seems to have fulfilled most promises they made back in May.
    • A system that allows grouped players to see each other even when they’re in different phases
    • A justice system—steal from and kill NPCs and deal with the consequences if you are caught
    • Migration of European Megaserver to our European datacenter.
    • Field of View (FOV) adjustment
    • Armor dyeing and tinting
    • Two new Veteran Dungeons: Crypt of Hearts and City of Ash
    • New region of Craglorn with a new Trial (the Serpent)
    • Increased ability to pick up items in the world
    • Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood storyline and quests.
    • Spellcrafting
    • Horse Racing
    • Dragonstar Arena—similar to Trials, but built for a group of four
    • Improvements to fishing
    • Crafting system improvements (Progress)
    • Improved Looking for Group system
    • Better NPC facial animations
    • Guild functionality updates: guild store interface updates, customizable guild insignias, tabards, and guild ranks, and Guild Kiosks—guild stores open to everyone that are available to the highest-bidding guild.
    • Auto-leveling dungeons that level to your group leader
    • Awards when you repeat dungeons
    • Imperial City
    • Champion System
    • Murkmire
    • Wrothgar
    The future looks really promising :)
    Neizir Stormstrider

EU Megaserver

UK
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬