The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Does ESO end all hope of a real TES online game?

• Elvikun
    Elvikun
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure how ESO is not real.

Actually, I'm lying, I know what you mean. Skyrim with MP feature is "real". Well, good news, ESO isn't part of the traditional TES game line and that still goes on, ESO is the ES MMO. As for whether the classical TES games should have MP, my answer would be no. But that comes from a solitude loving modder.
    Failing is a lifestyle too.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »
    I guess it comes down to one M
    MORPG vs MMORPG
    Next time you fire up the game...watch the company titles on the bottom of the screen ;)
    Then ask yourself why Bethesda has put their name on the box ?
    Then ask yourself why Bethesda made an announcement of ESO staff losses ?
    LMFAO. They are crediting Bethesda. Is that seriously the entirety of your argument? An introduction credit and some alleged announcement? How about citing some references? Please stop before you hurt yourself with these ridiculous arguments.

And why would a separate isolated company who wants to put clear water between themsleves and sister company.....add said sister company to the main title screen at all ? Is this a Bethesda product or a Zenimax product ?

I am pleased you are amused. Laughter is a good thing. But it doesnt raise my opinion of you.
    I'm really not sure why this is so difficult for you to understand. Instead of listening to facts that people are pointing out to you, you choose to rely on speculation. I grant you that if you had to rely solely upon observation then yes the credits at the beginning would be strongly in favor of your logic. However it has been stated by ZOS that Bethesda only provided guidance on lore for the game. That is it. They basically handed them their notes and then gave them credit for it. Please stop making yourself look foolish.
    :trollin:
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @eventide Please read my other posts before responding. I find thats always useful.
    Edited by Rune_Relic on October 30, 2014 3:05PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @eventide Please read my other posts before responding. I find thats always useful.
    You're a glutton for punishment.
    :trollin:
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're a glutton for punishment.

Hhhhm. Does that comment have any relevance to the topic at hand or just an admission of personal attacks ?
    Edited by Rune_Relic on October 31, 2014 10:42AM
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.totalxbox.com/52073/bethesda-elder-scrolls-doesnt-suit-multiplayer-but-asynch-and-connected-gaming-could-work/
    During their candid chat with Bethesda VP Pete Hines for the OXM Podcast, Ed and Jonty broached the topic of multiplayer in Skyrim. whether it was ever considered and if Hines thinks there's hope for multiplayer in Tamriel's future.

"Every time we make an Elder Scrolls game we always, on some level, talk about multiplayer," Hines explained. "But I think what we continue to come back to is: one, that it's not necessary because clearly we've done okay without it and two: is it adding anything that's missing to the game or the experience we're trying to create?"

Fair points both, you might agree. To elaborate on their hesitancy further, Hines listed off just a few of the issues his team would have to consider before a multiplayer option in Skyrim could ever become a reality. For example, how would quests be shared or accepted? How would conversations with NPCs work? How many enemies would need to be in any one area to provide a sufficient challenge to a band of merry adventurers? How good can those enemies look, considering how much information must be on screen at any one time? My head hurts just contemplating that kind of logistical nightmare.
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ..Yet that is exactly what had to be thought about to make ESO. So they are not oblivous the the perils and pitfalls any more and have a very good idea whats required.

I came across a supposed employee posting on a message board. Not convinced he was legit in the slightest due to the attitude and bucket mouth. But he was going on about working on TES6 and the AI being without equal.

Wether genuine or not....that is a good point. I enjoyed ESO specifically because of the human element and nature of all the other players online. If AI got to a stage where you wouldnt know the NPCs werent players....then I guess there wouldnt be a problem.

Made me think twice anyway....until I thought about my partner or mates wanting to travel with me. Dont see how you can simulate that lol.
    Edited by Rune_Relic on October 31, 2014 1:42PM
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R1ckyDaMan wrote: »
    So I hear all these MMO fans have been waiting years for a MMO with a TES skin to come out.

Well as it happens alot of TES fans have been waiting for a TES game to come out with online features, just not with all the MMO junk.

Do you think this game ends all hope of bethesda ever adding any online features at all to any future TES game?

Troll is troll. In B4 thread closed; baiting.
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • Pallmor
    Pallmor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallmor wrote: »
    Pallmor wrote: »
    If you really want a new single-player ES game (with multiplayer or not), no problem. Just give Bethesda the $200+ million it will cost to develop it. Maybe you could set up a Kickstarter. All you really need are 200+ friends to donate $1 million a piece and you're all set. You could even offer rewards like "Donate $1 million or more, get a free t-shirt." ;-)
    Skryim made over 1 billion. I'm pretty sure Bethesda can bankroll themselves.

Obviously, they don't agree.
    Who is "they"? What are you talking about? Do you seriously think they are not already developing Elder Scrolls VI?

I seriously think that Bethesda probably isn't even THINKING about a new single-player TES game right now. If Bethesda is working on anything, it's a new Fallout game. And even that won't likely hit before the summer of 2015 at the earliest (probably more like 2016). I wouldn't expect them to start working seriously on anything else before then. So even if they wanted to do a new single-player TES game, you're probably looking at a 2018 release date.
  • Suru
    Suru
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is a real TES online game. Its just different and if you take time to do quests, read the books and find easter eggs in this game, you would realize that. I will have to say there is something missing I can't put my finger on with the camera positioning, fov. Otherwise I completely love this game and appreciate what ZoS has done.

Suru