The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can we have an European Thornblade (EU) topic?

neiljwd
neiljwd
✭✭✭
No particular reason, just I'd love to see some discussion and some embittered rivals bitching at each other. :smiley: Hopefully the language barrier(s) won't prove too limiting :p

I'm Esha on DC and basically after never enjoying PvP in an MMO, have found much fun just healing and trying not to get killed by some proper pro DK's on the other sides.

AD have some stand out names who I know to get block and dodgeroll ready for, Frostsoul,& Sanct Fir'eheall and their cohorts, scarily effective players.
AD have large numbers active- but they use them well enough, as I write this they're 1 keep away away from claiming an Emperorship that's been vacant the whole two weeks I've been PvP'ing.

EP on the other hand seem to have numbers of good co-ordinated zerg trains; they especially make great use of them in defending.(hope they stop that AD Emperorship bid tonight) I always dread an assualt on an EP fortress, especially if Bipolo is there - another DK who knows how to derail a DC train :(
[Previous 2 paragraphs edited to correct late-night brain freeze]

Anyhoo, all 3 sides are within 1000 points of each other and I just think it's fantastically competitive and entertaining campaign.
Edited by neiljwd on October 13, 2014 4:26AM
  • james_vestbergb16_ESO
    In Europe we dont fancy bragging as much as the Americans do ;)

Class, grace, less is more and all that...

Just to make it obvious so I dont offend anyone, I am kidding ofc. I have nothing against any nationality, I even have family in the States.
    Edited by james_vestbergb16_ESO on October 13, 2014 2:31AM
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    neiljwd wrote: »
    No particular reason, just I'd love to see some discussion and some embittered rivals bitching at each other. :smiley: Hopefully the language barrier(s) won't prove too limiting :p

I'm Esha on DC and basically after never enjoying PvP in an MMO, have found much fun just healing and trying not to get killed by some proper pro DK's on the other sides.

EP especially have some stand out names who I know to get block and dodgeroll ready for, in no particular order, Frostsoul, Bipolo, Sanc're Firehealer,(sorry for spellings) all scarily effective players.

AD on the other hand seem to have the numbers and good co-ordinated leadership; As I write this they're 1 keep away from an Emperorship that's been vacant all the 2 weeks I've been PvP'ing, be eager to see if they've claimed it when I wake up tomorrow!

Anyhoo, all 3 sides are within 1000 points of each other and I just think it's fantastically competitive and entertaining.
    Thanks for the compliment, although my name is spelled Sanct Fir'eheal ;)
    And wether me nor Frostsoul are playing on EP side, but on AD ;)

Too bad that the part about Emperorship didn't work out as the reds have 30man Bombtrains even at nighttime.

- EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Train doesn't seem to run as tightly pack as before.
    Now no mega train.
    No high number of trains either.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @neiljwd‌, the reason there's no Thornblade EU topic is because in EU most highly ranked players including most of the "train drivers" shall we say, belong to one cross-faction guild.

As a result most of them know each other, they are on good terms and have some friendly banter in guild chat without having to e-peen on a public forum.

If it weren't for the lags and crashing I'd say this campaign has the potential to be the most fun yet. All 3 factions pop-locked during prime-time, within 1k points of each other and no Emp yet. Whoever tries to push for Emp gets ganged upon by the two other fations (as it should be).

Now only if ZOS could pull their finger out and sort out the servers, we'd all be very happy indeed.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Laenuriel
    Laenuriel
    Soul Shriven
    Can we have a list of the Active organized PvP guilds in here, I can report from AD, the ones I know of.
    Arena
    EDC
    SWAT
    Wiege der Götter

From EP I only know Karisha's impulse spamming train and Nessi's night capture squad.

I have seen some DC raids with white tabards but I don't know their names, otherwise DC always seems like a lot of players who like to rush for the Roebeck main gate. Their skill at pointing stone trebuchets at the Roe main gate is remarkable.
  • neiljwd
    neiljwd
    ✭✭✭
    Laenuriel wrote: »
    DC always seems like a lot of players who like to rush for the Roebeck main gate. Their skill at pointing stone trebuchets at the Roe main gate is remarkable.

This is so true it hurts. We have no zone-wide leadership, and great many small groups or solo players. I'm part of the problem tho, as despite clearly seeing many tactical holes I don't have the gumption to lead anything myself, or argue for another way, I just follow crown :pensive: .

Like I say I've not really being PvP'ing long, so don't know the scene. I've joined a super active new PvP guild called DPM, and I often see people in zone shouting "DA" for Daggerfall Army. Don't see any voice chat co-ordination tho mind.

It'd be really nice if the game showed you other peoples guilds, as I've never heard of those AD guilds you listed above, despite likely dying to them tens of times... game just doesn't display them.

Yesterday I installed a mod called Kil Counter, that IS a LOT of fun in Cyrodil seeing who-killed-who.
    Edited by neiljwd on October 13, 2014 2:22PM
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Laenuriel wrote: »
    Can we have a list of the Active organized PvP guilds in here, I can report from AD, the ones I know of.
    Arena
    EDC
    SWAT
    Wiege der Götter

From EP I only know Karisha's impulse spamming train and Nessi's night capture squad.

I have seen some DC raids with white tabards but I don't know their names, otherwise DC always seems like a lot of players who like to rush for the Roebeck main gate. Their skill at pointing stone trebuchets at the Roe main gate is remarkable.

*** are such an awesome guild. So awesome, their name gets blocked as an insult to others.

I jest, I jest :D

EDIT:
    You've got Banana Squad mixed with Arena. Sure, all Banana Squad guild members are also members of Arena too, but Arena is a cross-faction duelling guild not an AD organised train like the others in your list. Just sayin'
    Edited by Maulkin on October 13, 2014 3:18PM
    EU | PC | AD
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banana Squad is also no train!
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Banana Squad is also no train!

This picture of the Banana Squad train in action, disproves everything you say....

pigdiner.jpg
    EU | PC | AD
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello, I am themdogesbite. I like to jump up walls. Regards.
    :]
  • Juraigr
    Juraigr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jurra here, I to like to jump up walls
    Regards
    EU Worst DK , Best DK Singapore and NA also known as 'Special Snowflake'

Jurra - V14 Dragonknight Rank 38 August Palatine
    Jurra Hex - V14 Sorcerer Rank 25 Colonel [SEMI-RETIRED until Zos fix this BS sorc nonsense]

LA DK Still OP :P

One of the Three Light Armor DK's

#200StandardOfMightFFS
    #RevertAshCloud
    #RevertNewAnimations
    #RevertUltiGain

#FixMoltenWhip

Grinding my way to August Palatine finally made it, still holding a torch for eso so now imma filthy casual
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sanct here. Jurra sux.

:-P
    Edited by Sanct16 on October 14, 2014 12:29AM
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • neiljwd
    neiljwd
    ✭✭✭

14_10_14_02_07_33.jpg

Regards.

EDIT: Also grats Lastobet(sp?) and AD on taking Emperor.
    Now please let me kill you, I want the achievement points^^.
    Edited by neiljwd on October 14, 2014 2:13AM
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol dat scroll run tonight :smiley:
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shame it's so laggy on thorn
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pttff we all know the reason you don't come thorn much Abraxus is because your scared of OP Soul Assault Squad :D
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on October 14, 2014 10:12AM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Aoe_Barbecue
    Aoe_Barbecue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just to make it obvious so I dont offend anyone, I am kidding ofc. I have nothing against any nationality, I even have family in the States.

I too brag about not bragging. I also have an unofficial degree in irony ;)
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Legendary Mage here, I like to challenge entire alliances to a 1vs1 standoff. No chat/mail flame pls, more takers. Regards.

edit: Jurra can squeeze water from rocks.
    Edited by LegendaryMage on October 14, 2014 10:25AM
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Legendary Mage here, I like to challenge entire alliances to a 1vs1 standoff. No chat/mail flame pls, more takers. Regards.

edit: Jurra can squeeze water from rocks.

I wanna see you 1v1 against DKs & NBs now, when the shields will tear like paper :wink:

I'm hating the latest patch already :disappointed:
    EU | PC | AD
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This changes game for everyone, I just had some nice 1vs1 fights and I feel even stronger now. :)
  • Juraigr
    Juraigr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sanct worst DK 2014 there was a poll
    EU Worst DK , Best DK Singapore and NA also known as 'Special Snowflake'

Jurra - V14 Dragonknight Rank 38 August Palatine
    Jurra Hex - V14 Sorcerer Rank 25 Colonel [SEMI-RETIRED until Zos fix this BS sorc nonsense]

LA DK Still OP :P

One of the Three Light Armor DK's

#200StandardOfMightFFS
    #RevertAshCloud
    #RevertNewAnimations
    #RevertUltiGain

#FixMoltenWhip

Grinding my way to August Palatine finally made it, still holding a torch for eso so now imma filthy casual
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

14_10_14_02_07_33.jpg

Regards.

Lol, thats pretty funny actually. Please tell your minions to stop soulstriking me!
    :]
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This changes game for everyone, I just had some nice 1vs1 fights and I feel even stronger now. :)

We'll need to talk about this in the evening then. Were you fighting other Sorcs perhaps?

I'm gonna spend some time levelling my DC Breton NB. Maybe we can have some good fights then :)
    EU | PC | AD
  • neiljwd
    neiljwd
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, thats pretty funny actually. Please tell your minions to stop soulstriking me!

I could shout at them till I grew as beard as long as a Nords, they don't listen to anything. And glad you liked it, I never kill anyone, but I recognised your name from this topic, and thought 'RIGHT! I'm having him!' :P
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pttff we all know the reason you don't come thorn much Abraxus is because your scared of OP Soul Assault Squad :D

haha that's true, i went thorn the other night and had constant soul assault on me by you guys :(
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm Kris and I just want to fear heal people.
  • booksmcread
    booksmcread
    ✭✭✭✭

I too brag about not bragging. I also have an unofficial degree in irony ;)

51ZESXbeS0L2.jpg

Edited by booksmcread on October 14, 2014 6:44PM
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

14_10_14_02_07_33.jpg

Regards.

Thanks :P. You may well have killed me tonight. The lag is so bad I can't do anything let alone stay alive!

Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the scroll yellows :smile:
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the scroll yellows :smile:
    NP. I guess you couldn't take it otherwise without a reset! :)

Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena