The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Alacrity kills Dragonstar Arena Veteran [World First]

• Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zbtiqua wrote: »
    Manoekin wrote: »
    Tripwyr wrote: »
    TheMast3r wrote: »
    dcincali wrote: »

That's not at all what was said... LOL

delusional-lie-is-truth-political-poster-1287786954.jpg
    Ok everyone. We're going to be making a slight change to the final boss to make him a bit more fair. This fix will be going in sometime next week, but we'll let you know as soon as we know for sure.

As far as an end date, you have until midnight EDT on Sunday, September 7th to complete this challenge!
    Hey everyone,

We've been incredibly impressed with how far some guilds have made it in the Veteran version of Dragonstar Arena. We’re going to be making a small change to the mechanic that occurs when the final arena boss reaches 50% that will make the fight a bit more fair. Not necessarily easier, just a bit less RNG-based.

The fix isn't changing any mechanics, but will be changing the order in which certain things fire off. For example, you’ll have a little more time against mini-bosses before certain abilities are cast.

That change will be going in next week (Wednesday or later.) If you want to wait until then, we understand. Hit up the Serpent Trial in the meantime!
    and with him there was the darkmage with solar prison. Means that you had the mainboss and the miniboss both spamming solar prison.

100 % stage 1-9 are harder than on pts but they are not game changing. Stage 10 is the one which made the most problems for the ppl on pts and now on the liveserver.

The Dark Mage does not use Solar Prison. The Dark Mage's skillset is as follows:

Dark Conversion
    Crystal Blast
    Daedric Minefield
    Negate Magic

Pishna also does not use Solar Prison. At 50% the boss changes into a Templar, and starts using Solar Prison himself. In Stage 7, the Dark Mage is paired with another boss whose name I forget. That partner uses Solar Prison, but is not present on Stage 10.

I think Jessica was fairly clear in her post. The boss is harder on live than it was on PTS.

It's harder on live that it was at the END of pts. It's EASIER on live than it was when HODOR killed it.

What about that could you possibly not understand?

Note: We got him to 5% several times tonight. Clearly the fight is tuned for PVP buffs, and is much harder since we have none. It will surely be significant when we kill it in harder mode, with no pvp buffs.

You should try it.

P.S. The fact that PVP buffs carry into raids significantly varies raid difficulty. We should probably talk to ZOS about having them limited to outside of instances. I remember doing LK25 HM progression in wow WOTLK, and getting that 5% buff every few weeks made the fight incredibly different. Obviously, this is the same effect with end game raiding and PVP buffs here.

Maybe the devs want you to play both aspects of the game. Shocking.

Your sarcasm aside, we could ask them. But I doubt that is their intention, that end-game content basically requires pvp buffs. It pretty much goes against the "play as you want" philosophy. Besides, you can only tune a fight to one degree. Entering the fight with differentiated buffs defeats their effort to balance the encounter. Thats probably the same reason grahtwood buffs now only work in grahtwood.

I'll predict pvp buffs excluded from instanced fights in the next 60 days.

Not exactly a prediction when they've already stated that as their intention.
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • zbtiqua
    zbtiqua
    ✭✭✭

Ok everyone. We're going to be making a slight change to the final boss to make him a bit more fair. This fix will be going in sometime next week, but we'll let you know as soon as we know for sure.

As far as an end date, you have until midnight EDT on Sunday, September 7th to complete this challenge!
    Hey everyone,

We've been incredibly impressed with how far some guilds have made it in the Veteran version of Dragonstar Arena. We’re going to be making a small change to the mechanic that occurs when the final arena boss reaches 50% that will make the fight a bit more fair. Not necessarily easier, just a bit less RNG-based.

The fix isn't changing any mechanics, but will be changing the order in which certain things fire off. For example, you’ll have a little more time against mini-bosses before certain abilities are cast.

That change will be going in next week (Wednesday or later.) If you want to wait until then, we understand. Hit up the Serpent Trial in the meantime!
    and with him there was the darkmage with solar prison. Means that you had the mainboss and the miniboss both spamming solar prison.

100 % stage 1-9 are harder than on pts but they are not game changing. Stage 10 is the one which made the most problems for the ppl on pts and now on the liveserver.

The Dark Mage does not use Solar Prison. The Dark Mage's skillset is as follows:

Dark Conversion
    Crystal Blast
    Daedric Minefield
    Negate Magic

Pishna also does not use Solar Prison. At 50% the boss changes into a Templar, and starts using Solar Prison himself. In Stage 7, the Dark Mage is paired with another boss whose name I forget. That partner uses Solar Prison, but is not present on Stage 10.

I think Jessica was fairly clear in her post. The boss is harder on live than it was on PTS.

It's harder on live that it was at the END of pts. It's EASIER on live than it was when HODOR killed it.

Note: We got him to 5% several times tonight. Clearly the fight is tuned for PVP buffs, and is much harder since we have none. It will surely be significant when we kill it in harder mode, with no pvp buffs.

You should try it.

P.S. The fact that PVP buffs carry into raids significantly varies raid difficulty. We should probably talk to ZOS about having them limited to outside of instances. I remember doing LK25 HM progression in wow WOTLK, and getting that 5% buff every few weeks made the fight incredibly different. Obviously, this is the same effect with end game raiding and PVP buffs here.

Your sarcasm aside, we could ask them. But I doubt that is their intention, that end-game content basically requires pvp buffs. It pretty much goes against the "play as you want" philosophy. Besides, you can only tune a fight to one degree. Entering the fight with differentiated buffs defeats their effort to balance the encounter. Thats probably the same reason grahtwood buffs now only work in grahtwood.

Oh! I wasn't aware. Could you kindly share a link friend?
    Officer of Da Funk (EP NA)
    DSA Vet Fastest Time NA (83 mins)
    World 1st AA HM
    World 3rd Hel Ra HM
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

Dark Conversion
    Crystal Blast
    Daedric Minefield
    Negate Magic

You should try it.

Oh! I wasn't aware. Could you kindly share a link friend?

Can't actually remember whether it was a forum post or an interview, but in essence they said that you will only be affected by PvP buffs from the campaign you are currently in. This means no cross-campaign buffs and no PvE buffs.

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • zbtiqua
    zbtiqua
    ✭✭✭
    Can't actually remember whether it was a forum post or an interview, but in essence they said that you will only be affected by PvP buffs from the campaign you are currently in. This means no cross-campaign buffs and no PvE buffs.

Cool.

So basically, that makes this comment pretty pointless, wouldn't you say?
    You're probably only on here because you need a break from raging about not having a buff server any longer. That's probably why you haven't cleared it yet right? It's funny when you guys do that. Gives us a lot of laughs in TS. We're getting hungry for some easy AP if you reds want to try your hand at pvp again.

And this one, too...

And probably... most of the ones before that :/

If you want to just have Manoekin post an apology, that might help to restore your public image.

Our public image is a taco, so I'm not so worried.
    Edited by zbtiqua on September 23, 2014 8:40AM
    World 1st AA HM
    World 3rd Hel Ra HM
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭

Dark Conversion
    Crystal Blast
    Daedric Minefield
    Negate Magic

Really I didn't know that you are so good!!! You cant stop it, or?

We called him darkmage because he is the partnerboss of the darkmage in stage 7. So you had the mainboss and so called a copy of the mainboss as miniboss. Two time solarprison.

I tired of argue with u tripwys u are just a bad looser.

We beated the boss on pts. You didn't beated him and u tried hard, just check pts forum.

You beated the boss on live with 20 souls left, we beated the boss 5 mins after u with 83 souls left. Its not like you achieved anything which we didn't.

ZOS_JessicaFolsom can pls give a last statement to the last boss to end this here

And here a video for all the other players how to beat stage 10 arena.

World First EU Kill

Where is your vid about the kill? On ours u can see how much trouble we had with the last boss because its so hard ;)
    Edited by TheMast3r on September 23, 2014 3:08PM
  • Arua
    Arua
    Such a clean kill HODOR, you guys make it look easy ahah. :)
    Congratulations again, don't get bogged down in pointless arguments, you deserve congratulations on both kills, be it in PTS (which sometimes involves harder and bugged boss encounters, I dare anyone to say it wasn't the case even with WoW) and in Live. Leave them alone and let people judge who deserves better. :)
    Edit: By the way, I didn't feel any offense intended in Madini's first post, he properly gave his congratulations to Alacrity. Though he pointed out a fact suggesting that he had a different point of view about what definition he had in mind when talking about "World First", I believe the first verbal abuse came from Alacrity, talking about ignorance and such. Sugar coated verbal abuse is STILL verbal abuse. You could have been less aggressive when talking out such an issue. But you didn't and immediatly engaged in an abusive argument with him.
    What right do you guys have to make fun of other people's standpoints (or even claims)? Your experience in MMOs? The general consensus coming from I-don't-know-which-e-community you believe to be the truth/reference? Your fame? Your e-skill? Are you serious?
    Both sides may have been at fault there, and I believe the end of Madini's comment lacked tact, but you could have exercised some diplomacy there. The first post from Madini wasn't necessarily intended to be offensive, though he was obviously feeling bitter (who wouldn't), but you guys just brought it down to a pointless aggressive tone. From that point onwards, it was obvious the other party would take offense. Then you bring out your know-it-all wisdom and your almighty PvP skills and belittle Madini's MMO experience to justify and show off your supposed superiority.
    Smart move. Talk about class. We bow down before you. Or not.
    Edited by Arua on September 23, 2014 12:00PM
  • Braidas
    Braidas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you guys take this *** too seriously aha...besides, we all know BRAIDAS would've cleared the arena with one spear shard had he desired. your pathetic attempts to claim his rightful honor are amusing
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Braidas wrote: »
    you guys take this *** too seriously aha...besides, we all know BRAIDAS would've cleared the arena with one spear shard had he desired. your pathetic attempts to claim his rightful honor are amusing

I am so honored to have Braidas comment on my thread! I'm currently in the process of leveling my Templar to be just like you Braidas!
    Edited by Tripwyr on September 23, 2014 4:28PM

Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

• Arua
    Arua
    Edit: outdated comment, due to previous OP editing his critical remark.
    Edited by Arua on September 23, 2014 4:31PM
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arua wrote: »

We beated the boss before this changes came. And the actual live version has this changes.

He was obviously talking about the PTS version of the fight, pre-patch (which he successfuly cleared). You probably should pay attention to people's explanations before trying to get back at them, actually.

I actually removed that section of my post after seeing his video. Turns out he is cheesing the boss anyway, so I have zero respect for his kill at this point in time.

Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

• Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Congratulations again, don't get bogged down in pointless arguments, you deserve congratulations on both kills, be it in PTS (which sometimes involves harder and bugged boss encounters, I dare anyone to say it wasn't the case even with WoW) and in Live. Leave them alone and let people judge who deserves better. :)
    Edit: By the way, I didn't feel any offense intended in Madini's first post, he properly gave his congratulations to Alacrity. Though he pointed out a fact suggesting that he had a different point of view about what definition he had in mind when talking about "World First", I believe the first verbal abuse came from Alacrity, talking about ignorance and such. Sugar coated verbal abuse is STILL verbal abuse. You could have been less aggressive when talking out such an issue. But you didn't and immediatly engaged in an abusive argument with him.
    What right do you guys have to make fun of other people's standpoints (or even claims)? Your experience in MMOs? The general consensus coming from I-don't-know-which-e-community you believe to be the truth/reference? Your fame? Your e-skill? Are you serious?
    Both sides may have been at fault there, and I believe the end of Madini's comment lacked tact, but you could have exercised some diplomacy there. The first post from Madini wasn't necessarily intended to be offensive, though he was obviously feeling bitter (who wouldn't), but you guys just brought it down to a pointless aggressive tone. From that point onwards, it was obvious the other party would take offense. Then you bring out your know-it-all wisdom and your almighty PvP skills and belittle Madini's MMO experience to justify and show off your supposed superiority.

I take offense when someone tries to belittle my accomplishments which is what happened in his first post. Whether he said congrats or not I do not care. PTS does not count as a first of any legitimate kind no matter what anyone says. Trying to claim that is stupid. Both parties share some blame. That's all.

Cool.

You're probably only on here because you need a break from raging about not having a buff server any longer. That's probably why you haven't cleared it yet right? It's funny when you guys do that. Gives us a lot of laughs in TS. We're getting hungry for some easy AP if you reds want to try your hand at pvp again.

And this one, too...

If you want to just have Manoekin post an apology, that might help to restore your public image.

I was wrong about the buffs. I think it's a mistake, but whatever if that's the direction they want to go. What should I be sorry about, laughing at EP's state in PvP and how it affects you? Cause I still think it's funny.
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You weren't kidding... did you just post a video of you guys exploiting a dungeon boss? You didn't even down the boss legitimately. you're exploiting what is obviously a bug in the fire mechanics..... Congratz on your "accomplishment"

It looks easy because they are bugging the encounter.... such wow, such "clean"
    61b7499d929450b1a57b00196473e3a8.jpg

Edited by Huntler on September 23, 2014 4:47PM
  • Arua
    Arua

I take offense when someone tries to belittle my accomplishments which is what happened in his first post.

Belittling, he got plenty after that, and not only about that PTS kill. "No matter what anyone say"? You just happen to not agree with him. You're free to deny what you don't want to aknowledge, but I think you should stop with calling other people's arguments "stupid". It's far from being constructive and you're making them miss your point, and, by the way, that's a form of belittlement.
    Should call this quits already.
    Edited by Arua on September 23, 2014 4:50PM
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I take offense when someone tries to belittle my accomplishments which is what happened in his first post.

Belittling, he got plenty after that, and not only about that PTS kill. "No matter what anyone say"? You just happen to not agree with him. You're free to deny what you don't want to aknowledge, but I think you should stop with calling other people's arguments "stupid". It's far from being constructive and you're making them miss your point, and, by the way, that's a form of belittlement.

patton-oswalt-quote.jpg

and just in case the mod doesn't like my image, a PG rated quote for you:

“You’ve gotta respect everyone’s beliefs.” No, you don’t. That’s what gets us in trouble. Look, you have to acknowledge everyone’s beliefs, and then you have to reserve the right to go: “That is f***ing stupid. Are you kidding me?”
    Edited by Huntler on September 23, 2014 4:56PM
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »
    You weren't kidding... did you just post a video of you guys exploiting a dungeon boss? You didn't even down the boss legitimately. you're exploiting what is obviously a bug in the fire mechanics..... Congratz on your "accomplishment"

LOL you are just funny ...

we are bugging nothing, the strategy was seen by the devs because we reported a lot of bugs during the challenge....

bugging out you are just hilarious .. its a valid strategy. there is a reason why there is a range for the fire ... so where is your video

Edited by TheMast3r on September 23, 2014 5:05PM
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

we are bugging nothing, the strategy was seen by the devs because we reported a lot of bugs during the challenge....

bugging out you are just hilarious

You mean kind of like how we reported that you can get stuck behind the fence in Stage 9, or when we reported that you can use a mount to clip through Hel Ra gates, or when we reported that you can use a mount to clip through invisible walls in Cyrodiil?

Just because it was reported and not fixed does not mean it is intended behavior.

Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

• zbtiqua
    zbtiqua
    ✭✭✭

I take offense when someone tries to belittle my accomplishments which is what happened in his first post. Whether he said congrats or not I do not care. PTS does not count as a first of any legitimate kind no matter what anyone says. Trying to claim that is stupid. Both parties share some blame. That's all.

Cool.

And this one, too...

I was wrong about the buffs. I think it's a mistake, but whatever if that's the direction they want to go. What should I be sorry about, laughing at EP's state in PvP and how it affects you? Cause I still think it's funny.

A faction's strength in PVP doesn't really reflect on a single PvE focused guild in that faction...

Anyways, I accept your apology.

Even I think we've beat this thing to death now so, yeah.
    World 1st AA HM
    World 3rd Hel Ra HM
  • Arua
    Arua

patton-oswalt-quote.jpg

and just in case the mod doesn't like my image, a PG rated quote for you:

“You’ve gotta respect everyone’s beliefs.” No, you don’t. That’s what gets us in trouble. Look, you have to acknowledge everyone’s beliefs, and then you have to reserve the right to go: “That is f***ing stupid. Are you kidding me?”
    I guess that just proves once again what most people are criticizing about your "guild" mentality, actually. Congratulations.

• Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

bugging out you are just hilarious .. its a valid strategy. there is a reason why there is a range for the fire ... so where is your video

You honestly think that is an intended mechanic? Like serious question here.... :|
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭
    ask the dev team ... we talked more than once to ZOS during the PTS testing

im tired of talking to you guys ...

maybe ZOS_JessicaFolsom can make a end to this ...

• TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭

You mean kind of like how we reported that you can get stuck behind the fence in Stage 9, or when we reported that you can use a mount to clip through Hel Ra gates, or when we reported that you can use a mount to clip through invisible walls in Cyrodiil?

Just because it was reported and not fixed does not mean it is intended behavior.[/quote]

No by sending vids from different bugs at the last boss to the devs ...

• Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ask the dev team ... we talked more than once to ZOS during the PTS testing

im tired of talking to you guys ...

maybe ZOS_JessicaFolsom can make a end to this ...

Just because it was reported and not fixed does not mean it is intended behavior.

No by sending vids from different bugs at the last boss to the devs ...

Yes, that is exactly what I just said. We went a step further and had a GM observe us performing bugs step-by-step in-game, and they are still not fixed. Reporting a bug and it not getting fixed before being pushed live does NOT mean it is intended behavior.
    Edited by Tripwyr on September 23, 2014 5:21PM

Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

• TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭

Yes, that is exactly what I just said. We went a step further and had a GM observe us performing bugs step-by-step in-game, and they are still not fixed. Reporting a bug and it not getting fixed before being pushed live does NOT mean it is intended behavior.

Whatever ... im not talking about gm or smth im talking about the devs and ZOS Jessica

• Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Whatever ... im not talking about gm or smth im talking about the devs and ZOS Jessica

So am I. Let me be as clear as possible: many guilds regularly communicate directly with ZoS, including us. We do not feel the need to boast about this on the forums, and we respect the private nature of our communication.

Please do not disrespect ZoS, the Devs, and Jessica by bringing her into this matter.

Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

• TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭

So am I. Let me be as clear as possible: many guilds regularly communicate directly with ZoS, including us. We do not feel the need to boast about this on the forums, and we respect the private nature of our communication.

Please do not disrespect ZoS, the Devs, and Jessica by bringing her into this matter.

LOL why u saying then that we are bugging the boss? I didnt blast out smth ... im not disrespect anything except you personally after all ur stuff in here

So where is your vid about the kill then? how did u kill it? We know that there is an bug which is not fixed and u can kill the boss ... im sure you guys used that one

Edited by TheMast3r on September 23, 2014 5:35PM
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL why u saying then that we are bugging the boss? I didnt blast out smth ... im not disrespect anything except you personally after all ur stuff in here

It is very clearly unintended that you be able to out-range the Atronach portion of the fight, which you are abusing.

EDIT: We did not record our attempt because none of us are able to record video while playing, you'll notice that my screenshots are already low-quality.
    Edited by Tripwyr on September 23, 2014 5:38PM

Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

• TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭

It is very clearly unintended that you be able to out-range the Atronach portion of the fight, which you are abusing.

and u know that from what?

• Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

and u know that from what?
    How about some common sense?

QFT.

Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

• ZOS_MichelleA
    ZOS_MichelleA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello there, everyone. We understand that competitive play can sometimes cause arguments, but we do still expect all discussions to follow our Code of Conduct. This thread was previously cleaned up for a lot of nonconstructive comments and personal jabs, and unfortunately it appears that the trend has continued. As such, we will be closing this thread.

Congratulations to everyone who has cleared Veteran Dragonstar Arena, as it is a very difficult feat!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.