Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Who is your favorite NPC so far?

• Pyatra
    Pyatra
    ✭✭✭
    Kaldahn wrote: »
    Razum-dar has definitely been my favorite recurring NPC so far. That is one cool cat. He has quickly become the Chuck Norris or Jack Bauer of Tamriel to me.
    Razum-dar would not complain about downtime, he would chill and have a drink!

My favorite one time NPC is Cadwell in the tutorial, the crazy guy with a pot on his head.

No story spoilers please but who is your favorite NPC so far and why?

raz is definitely my fave NPC so far :) he be cool... he is kinda cranky at me atm (id say why but spoilers!) im just glad he is there to BE cranky with me. o:)

calling cadwell a 'one time' NPC is a little unwarranted :o

That little crazy dude crit'ed and hit an Ice Atronauch for half of an HP bar. There are no words when you see a guy wearing a burlap sack, an iron pot for a helmet, and a sword (no board) just run up and do 4x your crit damage. Maybe it was a bug or it just glitched out or something, but I like to think not.
  • Syndy
    Syndy
    ✭✭✭
    Cadwell hands down has to be my favorite NPC
    Syndy - VR14 Breton Templar
    Sacrilege
    Daggerfall Covenant

Warhammer
    Syndia - 100 Zealot, Syndai - 99 Black Guard, Cyndrana - 84 Sorceress
  • Torasi
    Torasi
    ✭✭
    Sheogorath is one of the best and well created NPC's that the gaming world has seen so far.

Flashback to the Shivering Isles when you unknowingly step into the realm of the Mad God, and (much like Alice and Wonderland) find yourself in a psychedelic dimension where everything is...well...wrong. Now if anyone of you Oblivion veterans who are well versed in the Shivering Isles add-on, ever accidentally or purposefully struck Sheo while he was on his throne, you understand what a terrifying individual he really is. SPOILER ALERT, after you strike Sheo, he freeze you in place and continues to remind you that you are in his realm and he has control over every single motion, breath, heartbeat, and choice that is made in his realm. You are then abruptly transported thousands of feet above the ground, and fall to your death amongst the bodies of others who dared to cross ole' Sheo.

In ESO, you have some quests that go with my man Sheo, I myself have only done one, and am not sure the extent that he is actually in ESO, but I hope that I come across him more because he is the cheekiest *** that Elder Scrolls has ever popped from its NPC womb.
    "Only the proud and mighty dare to follow the ways of Talos"
  • GreasedLizard
    GreasedLizard
    ✭✭✭
    Sheo .. then Skeleton dude
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    Instructors at the College of Aldmeri Priopriety (pre idiot ayrenn very special forces 'invasion'). They gave me such a healthy laugh. Pity though, ZoS did not allow me to side with Veiled Heritance (oh, I despise them for using daedric powers but in this particular case it does not matter) and throw some lesser races into cave. Reeducation is vital: break and remake! 'denounce the green pact you filthy tree leaper'
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maiq The Liar ...but I haven't met him in ESO yet, but I've heard that others have and I'm looking forward to that.... <3<3 Maiq The Liar <3<3
    I've stumbled across him, on the beech in Auridon, he's still as funny as ever (in both senses).
    But my favourite NPC so far was a little black bunny, so small you could fit it in your hand.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • BETAOPTICS
    BETAOPTICS
    ✭✭✭
    Cadwell or Sheogorath. Both are very well written. Way better than most other characters. Not because they are funny but they show true character wheres Queen Aeryn (?) for example seemed to be just like any other NPC with unique armor. Oh boy the joy I had with her underwhelming writing.
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caldwell and Dringoth. Dringoth reminds me of me- crazy wanderlusting and always getting into trouble.
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• Knovah
    Knovah
    ✭✭✭
    Razum-dar love that guy
    Video games ......The only legal place to kill stupid people.
  • thomaskattus
    Maiq the liar.
  • drschplatt
    drschplatt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any NPC that doesn't make me wade through a wall of text to just get to the point. In addition to personally finding it annoying, my character roll plays as a grumpy old fart who would rather just set things on fire than talk to people.
    Foräois - Imperial Sorcerer of Ineptitude.
    Widoch - Nord Dragon Knight of Ignorance.
    Billy Bob - Dunmer Templar of Chicken and Noodles.
    Blades of Vengeance
  • Brennan
    Brennan
    ✭✭✭
    Kaldahn wrote: »
    Razum-dar has definitely been my favorite recurring NPC so far. That is one cool cat. He has quickly become the Chuck Norris or Jack Bauer of Tamriel to me.
    Razum-dar would not complain about downtime, he would chill and have a drink!

My favorite one time NPC is Cadwell in the tutorial, the crazy guy with a pot on his head.

No story spoilers please but who is your favorite NPC so far and why?

Raz is great. But there is a Khajiit in The Middens that says, "They have pies in Oblivion. Deadly pies!" First time I saw that I was laughing so hard I peed a little. :D

• poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheagorath for sure.

As a Paladin of Nocturnal in Skyrim I am waiting for her/him/it to appear. I will bend a knee to Azura in the meantime.
  • ArgonianAssassin
    ArgonianAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bhakura wrote: »
    The skeleton at the bone yard in Grahtwood, forgot his name. Funny guy, well, funny pile of bones.
    + i have the distinct feeling i know the voice but just cant place it.

Dringoth, he's my favorite too.
    "It is okay to fear the night, even the bravest warriors are filled with fright, at the sight of the might of Sithis' fang, let the blood be washed away by the rain, let the stains forever remain, another life taken in Sithis' name, another soul for the void. All hail our Dread Father and his consort, the Night Mother." -Stalks-His-Prey
  • delghinn_ESO
    delghinn_ESO
    ✭✭
    Artemiisia wrote: »
    Nilwen

I just love her, wanted to slap her when I started her quest line, not to give to much away, 3 parts to her missions, first two is like wtf u cant be serious, and her responses, made me laugh and smile from mouth to ear :)

she is in the rift: more details in spoilers
    She the one that first send you on a mission to kill a rat, then a bird, last a troll

if you go to the horker's tusk tavern post her quest the guard there will discuss her.
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Khajiit blademaster in the arena place directly east of Dune (reaper's march). Can't remember the name, but she was so adorable <3 Pity the quest ended up having you kill her q.q
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raz and Cadwell, for sure. Sheogorath was pretty cool, but they were better. :)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord