Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Emperor farming

• Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aeaeren wrote: »
    If you feel sooooo strongly against Emp farming then get some people together and do something about it. I know I would enjoy it. Like I said I can careless about it except I do think former Emps are a bit OP and need some toning down. Since so many are now running around with former Emp skill lines they should rethink this Emp thing a bit. I don't think you should have cross campaign Emps and after the Campaign ends so does your Emp skill line. New Start new fight for it.

I am actively doing what I can in zone and in game, within the rule set. I believe that a good game is a joint effort between the company and the players. So I am not reluctant in doing my part. I am here, along with others, asking for ZOS to complete their portion in making and keeping the game great for everyone in regards to this issue.
    Edited by Armitas on July 1, 2014 9:31PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem with making it go away after the campaign ends or another emperor is crowned is that it gives you a skill line.

Skill lines require spending skill points and ranking them up to be useful.

So if you just took it away, what would happen to those skill points?

It's also very unlikely for someone to hold it long enough, and plan on being emp for a long enough time into the future, to make investing those skill points seem worthwhile.

What you'll end up with is nobody willing to essentially waste these points in the skills, which makes the whole skill line (and by extension the whole emperor thing) meaningless.

I realize that is exactly what many of you would like to accomplish. The problem with changing it now is that ship has sailed and we all know how well Zenimax executes skill point refunds when they change skills and abilities.
    Life of a Nightblade (Screenshot Tumblr)

Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
    Options
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem with making it go away after the campaign ends or another emperor is crowned is that it gives you a skill line.

Skill lines require spending skill points and ranking them up to be useful.

So if you just took it away, what would happen to those skill points?

It's also very unlikely for someone to hold it long enough, and plan on being emp for a long enough time into the future, to make investing those skill points seem worthwhile.

What you'll end up with is nobody willing to essentially waste these points in the skills, which makes the whole skill line (and by extension the whole emperor thing) meaningless.

I realize that is exactly what many of you would like to accomplish. The problem with changing it now is that ship has sailed and we all know how well Zenimax executes skill point refunds when they change skills and abilities.

The simple solution is to make Emperor a Buff, not a skill line. When you have the title, you gain the buff which gives you those benefits. When you lose emperor, the buff goes away. No skill points needed.
    Options
  • Citidel
    Citidel
    ✭✭✭
    Train2004 wrote: »
    What is Zenemax's take on this?

So far they dont give a rats @$% about this broken aspect of the AvA.

No, they care. There is an issue of the corporate structure and approval system they must go though to even talk on the forums. They cant have an empassioned employee jump on and muddy the waters so to speak.

Its not that they are not listening its just they cant drop everything and take up every thing that comes up with a post and such. I'm very sure that @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ and the others in the community team are diligently watching things all over. and not just to close threads and ban people.
    Edited by Citidel on July 1, 2014 9:21PM
    Citidel
    Officer of The Noore
    Leader of the Water Cu

"Posts and comments are not necessarily the feelings of The Noore or Water Cu as I am my own person with my own opinions"
    Options
  • SteveRuimy
    SteveRuimy wrote: »
    Armitas wrote: »
    Aeaeren wrote: »

Emperor farming is an issue only in it's too easy to get it now, too overpowered and will soon be required ect. I will never be an Emperor, I just don't play enough or care enough about it but it would be nice. But is it an exploit, not really. Once again BAD mechanics.

To be clear an exploit is just that...the use of bad mechanics or bugs to get an advantage. Bugs and bad mechanics are not easter eggs hidden throughout the game for clever players to employ, they are actually bugs and bad mechanics that are not suppose to exist. Those who use them are known as exploiters.

Exactly. And for the record Zenimax did acknowledge that the health debuffs stacking from the Rainbow Train was not working as intended and so use of it was technically an exploit.

Also, to Alacrity – and this is a genuine question not an accusation – if you guys weren't the AD group using the Rainbow Train pulsar exploit in Wabbajack, who was? I know our guild was accused of being the ones doing it and we didn't, so I'm curious who on our side was doing it.

Not that anyone on AD ever did it nonstop for days like those EP d*cks.

The rainbow was from a group of gobelin (+40) in EP that was in Wabba for a while using it + the fire clench bug that can 1 shot you from fall damage (got fixed Monday on the patch) but now we don't see us anymore.

I know EP was doing it, what I'm curious about is who on the AD side was doing it. When we called out EP for using this crap they pointed the finger back at us and said AD uses it too. I know BDG and Alacrity were two of the most effective guilds in Wabbajack (BDG has since moved to Dawnbreaker due to Wabbalag), so it stands to reason someone in those two guilds would at least know who was abusing this exploit for AD.

Well Alacrity is not using rainbow I can assure you, every DK not using pulsar, we run only 2-3 sorc and I'm the only one with pulsar (FIRE) the other use fire ring for the better crit generation from burning damage DOT

Edit: There was a skeleton crew AD that we saw sometime at our bleaker but I have no idea who they are.
    Edited by SteveRuimy on July 1, 2014 9:43PM
    Light You Up
    Member of Alacrity
    World rank #1 Trials timers
    Options
  • Xau
    Xau
    ✭✭
    Krinaman wrote: »

I shouldn't be forced to go emperor farm just to be on an even playing field with all the people doing this.

You said it well, sir.

Options
  • Breea
    Breea
    ✭✭
    Benefits of former Emperor, IF you have the skill points invested.
    1. Domination - Increases Health, Magicka, and Stamina combat regeneration by 2%.
    2. Authority - Decreases Ultimate costs by 5%.
    3. Monarch - Increases the magnitude of healing effects on former Emperors by 1%.
    4. Tactician - Increases Siege Weapon Damage by 2%.
    5. Emperor - Increases Health, Magicka, and Stamina by 100% while in your campaign.

What part of this is so terrifying? While those are neat little pluses, none of this is game breaking. While they are emperor the bonuses are astronomically better. Why is an opponent getting this small bonuses such a huge deal? The biggest thing is the OOC regen of health, magicka and stamina, but that's not really a factor while in combat.

Decrease ultimate cost by 5%. Well instead of a spell costing 200 ult it now costs 190. Siege weapon damage increased by 2%. Now instead of hitting for 200 it will hit you for 204. Increases healing effects on them by 1%. A heal for 500 will now hit for 505. In combat regen increased by 2%. Templars have the same sort of passive already for magicka regen, don't see that big of a help out if it, really. You only get what, 100 per tick, so now they get 102. OOC regen is the only real advantage. The rest is all piddly stuff.

So, what is the REAL problem? They didn't keep the full emp buff enough and run around getting you points? That they didn't help you get to the top of the leader boards? Obviously if they got to the top of the leader boards they're doing something right to begin with. If they don't want to keep the super uber current emperor buffs which are much more powerful and hit against you till they get tired of playing with you why should you complain? I just don't get it.
    Options
  • Pathfinder
    Pathfinder
    ✭✭✭
    Breea wrote: »
    1. Domination - Increases Health, Magicka, and Stamina combat regeneration by 2%.
    3. Monarch - Increases the magnitude of healing effects on former Emperors by 1%.
    5. Emperor - Increases Health, Magicka, and Stamina by 100% while in your campaign.

What part of this is so terrifying? While those are neat little pluses, none of this is game breaking. While they are emperor the bonuses are astronomically better. Why is an opponent getting this small bonuses such a huge deal? The biggest thing is the OOC regen of health, magicka and stamina, but that's not really a factor while in combat.

Decrease ultimate cost by 5%. Well instead of a spell costing 200 ult it now costs 190. Siege weapon damage increased by 2%. Now instead of hitting for 200 it will hit you for 204. Increases healing effects on them by 1%. A heal for 500 will now hit for 505. In combat regen increased by 2%. Templars have the same sort of passive already for magicka regen, don't see that big of a help out if it, really. You only get what, 100 per tick, so now they get 102. OOC regen is the only real advantage. The rest is all piddly stuff.

So, what is the REAL problem? They didn't keep the full emp buff enough and run around getting you points? That they didn't help you get to the top of the leader boards? Obviously if they got to the top of the leader boards they're doing something right to begin with. If they don't want to keep the super uber current emperor buffs which are much more powerful and hit against you till they get tired of playing with you why should you complain? I just don't get it.

If it really doesn't make much of a difference then why are players gaming the system so hard to get it?
    Main
    Malfahri del Sol Imperial Templar (stamplar *new respec) PC/NA/Trueflame
    Options
  • Breea
    Breea
    ✭✭
    You get to say you were Emperor. It's an accomplishment, something to show for how hard you worked. That's all it is. Why are people fighting about it, that's my question? I mean really. You want confirmation on the numbers?

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Emperor
    http://esohead.com/calculator/skills#m9Mz9s85bzr7zzCtje6zCtjC6zCtjW6zCtjZ6zCtj3

Now the question is, who doesn't want a 2% in combat regen and a 100% ooc regen? Why is this a horrible thing to share? You'd think it would be much better than those with the current emperor buff. That's where it's truly over powered.

Current Emp bonus:
    1. Domination - Increases Health, Magicka, and Stamina combat regeneration by 100%.
    2. Authority - Increases Ultimate gains by 200%, and decreases Ultimate costs by 5%.
    3. Monarch - Increases the magnitude of healing effects on former Emperors by 50%.
    4. Tactician - Increases Siege Weapon Damage by 100%.

So, again, why would wanting to share the lower bonuses with guildies and not wanting to take advantage of the current emp bonuses for as long as humanly possible be a bad thing? They make it sound like it's the most over powered thing in the game, like it is game breakingly huge to have a guild with 2% combat regen. Still waiting for the revelation as to how this is completely over the top exploiting to share something that is designed to be shared. If not then the first person for each faction on the server that got Emperor would be the only person from that faction to be able to get it for the length of the campaign. Still not making any sense what so ever.
    Options
  • 1nugam1
    1nugam1
    ✭✭
    Pathfinder wrote: »

If it really doesn't make much of a difference then why are players gaming the system so hard to get it?

Because everybody wants a piece of the cake.. everybody wants a little advantage, be it a 2 pound herring to chop down a tree instead of a 1 pound. 'Tis simple.
    Aquilon - V14 Nightblade - EU Thornblade
    I got my head up, but I ain't got my hopes high ~
    Options
  • sbanned_530978
    sbanned_530978
    ✭✭✭
    Dleatherus wrote: »
    @krayiss‌

not naming them because they asked to remain anonymous - you can doubt all you want - you know me, and know i don't lie

the TS convo in particular was one of your members asking me to 'give it up' after the 2nd reset because of the abuse we were getting in channel and /tells from the farmers as well as the oil pot exploits and dk pulling (which they were totally against - no accusation of them being involved in THAT exploiting is being made)

should folks want and strive to be emperor - that is not ever in question - misusing game mechanics to achieve that goal by wrecking other campaigns is

our 'farming' on skull crusher as you put it involved you holding emp for 11 days and me holding it for 14 - a total of 25 days - TWO AD emps - stretch it as far as you want but TWO emperors in 25 days in our dedicated home campaign can hardly be qualified as emperor farming

how you can even begin to compare the passion and effort and fun put into that and what is currently going on is beyond my words - we weren't going into a 'weak' or 'reset' campaign for a few hours/days, getting a title and then abandoning that campaign

i say that 8 throne flips coordinated with the other major alliance guilds within 8 hours is emperor farming, you say it isn't

out of respect of our friendship am gonna leave it at that - am not looking for an argument

D.

Not naming names is fair, thought you said you didnt remember.

And quoting 'farming is unfair lol! Thats why I said or cycling. You and I both didnt expect to hold it that long. You had it only a few hours on pts. I didnt expect to hold it through the next day. Im not stretching anything, Im just saying how it could have happened.

And in the end we had too many call 2 arms over losing 1 or 2 keeps and crushed the spirits of the other players just like we had done to us at the start :(.
    Im not comparing the passion and effort and fun put into that campaign. Im just sharing the other view point of also being in Celarus and in this guild. Either Im really bad at explaining myself and your taking out different parts of what I mean the wrong way, or Im just not sure :(. In the end I was comparing a 90 day campaign with a 2 week campaign, Imagine all the 5 days.....

I can only attest to my guild being in that I was there. Talking to a few players who tell you about this coordinated flip doesnt mean all of alacrity is apart of it. Your making me sound grim when you paint it in that type of context of me saying 'it isn't'. When I didnt say that and am just again sharing my view point and trying to find out who was.

Oh definitely not looking for an argument, our views seem to have clashed on parts of the topic and image you have of my guild from talking to a few members. Sorry about all that.
    Options
  • Krinaman
    Krinaman
    ✭✭✭
    So, again, why would wanting to share the lower bonuses with guildies and not wanting to take advantage of the current emp bonuses for as long as humanly possible be a bad thing?

Getting the bonuses for your guildies isn't a bad thing in and of itself. The problem is that it destroys PvP in the process and eventually will be a buff that others can't easily get (once the campaigns change).

It's not really PvP when 2 factions are actively helping each other take keeps.

I also don't want to see the buff removed. I don't think nerfing is the solution. What I would like to see is alternate ways to getting the buff. So that I don't have to go emperor farm to be on an even playing field with these guys. It's pretty simple at rank 10 or so in the alliance war you get the skill line. Bam problem solved.

Options
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the other aspects are broken for a lot of people in pVp right now, so lets have them fix those first.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
    Options
  • Breea
    Breea
    ✭✭
    So, again, why would wanting to share the lower bonuses with guildies and not wanting to take advantage of the current emp bonuses for as long as humanly possible be a bad thing?

Getting the bonuses for your guildies isn't a bad thing in and of itself. The problem is that it destroys PvP in the process and eventually will be a buff that others can't easily get (once the campaigns change).

It's not really PvP when 2 factions are actively helping each other take keeps.

I also don't want to see the buff removed. I don't think nerfing is the solution. What I would like to see is alternate ways to getting the buff. So that I don't have to go emperor farm to be on an even playing field with these guys. It's pretty simple at rank 10 or so in the alliance war you get the skill line. Bam problem solved.

So, what you're really upset about is when the factions gang up to rule the server, which isn't even what we were talking about. Yes, I agree with you there. There is something unfair about that, but then there are a bunch of servers out there. For every one where it's AD dominated there's one that is DC dominated and one that is EP dominated.

PVP with three factions is more tricky than just a two faction system. Some people would rather take the easy way and decide to make allies that will help them get things done, but that is the minority in general. These same folks were probably the same ones abusing caltrops and putting tents up to allow allies to kill them over and over again to rack up points. Unfortunately those are going to be hard things to stop in general. The mindset there is the problem, not really the game mechanics, they want it to be easy.

As for making the skill line available to anyone then there would be no reward for those who are actually good at PVP. As it is right now it's a goal for those who are actually good at PVP tactics. It's not a big buff, but it's the fact that it's something to be worked for, a goal to earn.

The focus should be on harsher penalties for those who want to cheat their way to the top rather than making it not worth it.
    Options
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

<snip >The biggest thing is the OOC regen of health, magicka and stamina, but that's not really a factor while in combat.

<snip> OOC regen is the only real advantage. The rest is all piddly stuff.

<snip>

There is no OOC regen bonus. Not sure where you got that from. #5 Emperor does not give former emps any bonus at all. Our bonuses are 2% combat regeneration, 5% reduced ultimate cost, 1% healing received, and 2% siege damage. That is it.

Most of us did not get Emp for the former bonuses. We got Emp to enjoy being the Emperor for one cycle until we got deposed, after which we gave somebody else a chance to experience it. In Alacrity, this is what we did every time. We've accumulated many Emps over a long period of time by doing this, but it was never our intention to "farm" the bonuses. We just wanted to enjoy that part of the game, and I can tell you it was some of the best experiences I've ever had in a game.

What was happening on Celarus and what I'm told is now happening on other campaigns is disappointing. It for some reason is not about enjoying Emperor but instead farming out a title to as many people as possible. I think the problem is that people have seen former Emperors devastating the battlefield and just assumed that the former Emp buffs were what allowed it. The reality is that many of these players are highly skilled, it has nothing to do with the tiny buffs they receive.
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
    Options
  • Krinaman
    Krinaman
    ✭✭✭
    So, what you're really upset about is when the factions gang up to rule the server, which isn't even what we were talking about. Yes, I agree with you there. There is something unfair about that, but then there are a bunch of servers out there. For every one where it's AD dominated there's one that is DC dominated
    and one that is EP dominated.

No what I am upset about is that I try to play on a balanced server and go up against groups of a half a dozen or more former emps who have an advantage over me simply because they gamed the system.
    As for making the skill line available to anyone then there would be no reward for those who are actually good at PVP. As it is right now it's a goal for those who are actually good at PVP tactics. It's not a big buff, but it's the fact that it's something to be worked for, a goal to earn.

This isn't a reward for being good at PvP, it's a reward for gaming the system. It certainly doesn't require good PvP tactics. Unless taking an empty keep and not repairing it so the other side can easily take it back qualifies as PvP tactics in your book.

Even without the exploiting of it, it's a reward for being online the most while employing whatever tactic that gets you the most points (which may or may not be the best tactic PvP wise).

Also my suggestion is to award it after achieving a certain level in the alliance war. So it's still something to work for and it's also something that can be earned by folks who have to go to work everyday. In the end it just evens the playing field. The folks with "good PvP tactics" will still prevail.

Options
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @krayiss‌

all's good

i didn't remember the names of the members who had farmed emperor that first reset, not the names of the members i had spoken to - so many were crowned and i wouldn't have known who was who anyhows were it not for the subsequent conversations

the shortness of the new campaigns and the potential for emperor farming will hopefully be offset by the more condensed population of pvp players - Alacrity had NO part in this following bit of it - it has devolved to the DK chain pulling exploits, oil pot siege max limit exploits etc, exploitive organised inter-alliance oil pot AP farming etc (though those have for the most part ceased on Celarus)

- zone chat is a lot tamer but has occasional ugly flare-ups - the abuse and harassment, coupled with the exploiting literally ruined the campaign and drove many players away from the game - it is slowly recovering

from our times running together i know you to be an honest decent person, and by extension you wouldn't hang out with folks that weren't - and by further extension that means Alacrity - i can only reiterate that i have NEVER seen any of their members exploit, or EVER be rude/offensive etc in zone chat - or in my personal talks with them

wishing you and your guild nothing but much fun and more successes and 'firsts' for the future

D.
    Edited by Dleatherus on July 2, 2014 3:12PM
    Stands in Puddles VR12 NB
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

Emperor Farmers, cheaters and exploiters - just like cockroaches in real life, Tamriel will never be rid of them
    Options
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭
    This isn't a reward for being good at PvP, it's a reward for gaming the system. It certainly doesn't require good PvP tactics. Unless taking an empty keep and not repairing it so the other side can easily take it back qualifies as PvP tactics in your book.

Even without the exploiting of it, it's a reward for being online the most while employing whatever tactic that gets you the most points (which may or may not be the best tactic PvP wise).

Also my suggestion is to award it after achieving a certain level in the alliance war. So it's still something to work for and it's also something that can be earned by folks who have to go to work everyday. In the end it just evens the playing field. The folks with "good PvP tactics" will still prevail.

I don't totally disagree with you, but not all campaigns have competing alliances colluding to turn keeps over. We fought at Chalman for HOURS last night in Dawnbreaker and EP wasn't about to just give it up so we could take emperor. So it is unfair to blanket categorize it as a reward for gaming the system. When we crown our emperor he will have fought long and hard leading our team to victory and it will be well deserved.

Also it is totally possible to level up in the alliance war skill lines without being very good at PvP or learning how to play it. Just do the daily scout quests and leech off of groups that are good by joining them or even just going to the same place they are and standing around when they are in fights. People do it to us all the time.

Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
    Options
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In case anybody still believes that Hopesfire is being illegitimately farmed, we lost Emperor last night to the blue attackers I referenced a couple pages back. Cas' 1mil+ points are from defending those same attackers.
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
    Options
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I don't totally disagree with you, but not all campaigns have competing alliances colluding to turn keeps over. We fought at Chalman for HOURS last night in Dawnbreaker and EP wasn't about to just give it up so we could take emperor. So it is unfair to blanket categorize it as a reward for gaming the system. When we crown our emperor he will have fought long and hard leading our team to victory and it will be well deserved.

Also it is totally possible to level up in the alliance war skill lines without being very good at PvP or learning how to play it. Just do the daily scout quests and leech off of groups that are good by joining them or even just going to the same place they are and standing around when they are in fights. People do it to us all the time.

Those fights yesterday on DB @ Chalman Keep were the most fun Powerpoint presentations I've ever interacted with. It was so bad the client was culling enemy players at one point and I was fighting in empty rooms, being told I was surrounded by enemies and having to trust my group mates and contributing with AEs and heals.

Once the lag is fixed, it'll be even more fun. Fights like that are definitely the type of battle that I think ZOS envisioned over gaining/losing an Emperor. Other guilds don't seem to agree and try everything they can to game the system, which is a shame.

On them, and on ZOS for letting it continue.

Luvboard on Wabba and Nymeria on Dawnbreaker hanging on with the edges of their fingernails against enemies coming at them from every direction is a good example of what the vision for this game (and Emperor) was all about, IMO.

Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
    Options
  • Krinaman
    Krinaman
    ✭✭✭

Just as it's totally possible to get emperor by leaching off other players.

You fought for hours to get someone crowned as emperor. Had that someone been a person that leeched/quested his/her way to the top playing 24/7 they would still be emperor despite their lack of skill. Heck, that person could of been off farming points while you took the keeps. You do the work, they get the reward.

Options
  • mjspnrb18_ESO
    mjspnrb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Those fights yesterday on DB @ Chalman Keep were the most fun Powerpoint presentations I've ever interacted with. It was so bad the client was culling enemy players at one point and I was fighting in empty rooms, being told I was surrounded by enemies and having to trust my group mates and contributing with AEs and heals.

Once the lag is fixed, it'll be even more fun. Fights like that are definitely the type of battle that I think ZOS envisioned over gaining/losing an Emperor. Other guilds don't seem to agree and try everything they can to game the system, which is a shame.

Luvboard on Wabba and Nymeria on Dawnbreaker hanging on with the edges of their fingernails against enemies coming at them from every direction is a good example of what the vision for this game (and Emperor) was all about, IMO.

That was Alot of fun and definitely felt great to be playing the game as it was clearly intended, I know we were all in TS coordinating attacks and fighting to the last man to hold that keep while Nymeria spammed zone chat, guild chat and everywhere to rally people together, great fun! The emperor farmers would get more out of the game if they played it like that rather than popping out an emp every 2 hours

Options
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That was Alot of fun and definitely felt great to be playing the game as it was clearly intended, I know we were all in TS coordinating attacks and fighting to the last man to hold that keep while Nymeria spammed zone chat, guild chat and everywhere to rally people together, great fun! The emperor farmers would get more out of the game if they played it like that rather than popping out an emp every 2 hours

I have never understood what fun people have from the mindless farming, or forcing their emperors to step down after short amounts of time.

Make it mean something, defend it. The fun comes in the battles you can have stories to tell the newbies months from now.

"Remember that time at Chalman we defended Nymeria's crown? EPIC!"
    Options
  • krim
    krim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We dont need to remove emperor. We need fewer campaigns so there are more active and balanced campaigns in terms of populations at all times.
    Options
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    krim wrote: »
    We dont need to remove emperor. We need fewer campaigns so there are more active and balanced campaigns in terms of populations at all times.

With enough population density, the farming SHOULD be near impossible as there'd be too much interference.

Never underestimate people's desire to game the system, though.
    Options
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭

Brace for it… the fight's not over ;).

- @ruze84b14_ESO
    Options
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Brace for it… the fight's not over ;).

I'll be there and bring my whopping 1 FPS with me!
    Options
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭

You fought for hours to get someone crowned as emperor. Had that someone been a person that leeched/quested his/her way to the top playing 24/7 they would still be emperor despite their lack of skill. Heck, that person could of been off farming points while you took the keeps. You do the work, they get the reward.

Exactly. Trust me, I know it's possible to leech your way to Emperor. I'm not gonna name names (because it's not allowed) but it's been happening pretty consistently for a few days in our campaign.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
    Options
  • Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Believe me, the people fighting with us would not rally to crown a leecher emperor. The guy who we're getting it for deserves it fully and has our entire guild and associated guilds' support. I'd even be fine with him keeping it if he wants to, but he's a nice guy and probably won't for very long.

@Agrippa_Invisus‌ we will be taking that crown off yas soon enough ;)

As for the OP,
    I don't think former emps are anything special, but the behavior it has caused on smaller pop campaigns has been reproachable. Having former/emp bonuses only apply in the campaign you got them might be sufficient as a solution.

Options
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Believe me, the people fighting with us would not rally to crown a leecher emperor. The guy who we're getting it for deserves it fully and has our entire guild and associated guilds' support. I'd even be fine with him keeping it if he wants to, but he's a nice guy and probably won't for very long.

@Agrippa_Invisus‌ we will be taking that crown off yas soon enough ;)

As for the OP,
    I don't think former emps are anything special, but the behavior it has caused on smaller pop campaigns has been reproachable. Having former/emp bonuses only apply in the campaign you got them might be sufficient as a solution.

BK s, I believe, is your heir apparent? He was definitely in Chalman last night pulling his weight.
    Options