Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Emperor farming

Krinaman
Krinaman
✭✭✭
This seems to be the latest "exploit" craze in PvP. Can we either get rid of the former emperor buffs or just give them to everybody who reached a certain rank in the alliance war?

I shouldn't be forced to go emperor farm just to be on an even playing field with all the people doing this.

• Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, every time I plan a row of sceptres out in the fields around the house, I love seeing their crowns coming up through the dirt in spring.

Charles the V, Constantine, Augustus Caesar -- I'm hoping to grow a Hirohito and a Chin next!
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Marcaeus
    Marcaeus
    ✭✭
    Well, every time I plan a row of sceptres out in the fields around the house, I love seeing their crowns coming up through the dirt in spring.

Charles the V, Constantine, Augustus Caesar -- I'm hoping to grow a Hirohito and a Chin next!

Aren't you the guy who was running around boxing with 10+ bots in Cyrodiil instant killing people?
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Marcaeus wrote: »

Aren't you the guy who was running around boxing with 10+ bots in Cyrodiil instant killing people?

Triple quotes for the huh?

Also, too, lolwut?
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • CaptainSilverbrow
    CaptainSilverbrow
    ✭✭✭
    It's happening on Chrysamere now too, between the recent arrival of a former Wabbajack DC zerg and some EP players they brought with them. They're trying to engineer it on the server, thinking we'll just oblige them. I'd love to drop names, but I abide by the rules.
    Edited by CaptainSilverbrow on June 27, 2014 9:34PM
  • Zabus
    Zabus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Krinaman wrote: »
    This seems to be the latest "exploit" craze in PvP. Can we either get rid of the former emperor buffs or just give them to everybody who reached a certain rank in the alliance war?

I shouldn't be forced to go emperor farm just to be on an even playing field with all the people doing this.

They should just remove emperor in general. It was supposed to be nothing but a title when they announced it back before the game is released, but it makes players near unkillable (not a word dgaf)
    Zavus - Khajiit Nightblade EP | AR 50
    Zāv - Imperial Templar | AR 24
    Zavbags - Argonian Nightblade EP | AR 19
    Zabus - Redguard Nightblade DC | AR 13
    Negate Three - Breton Sorcerer EP | AR 19
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    EU Bloodthorn EP, same story. People set the campaign to Home, get Emperor and leave the campaign again so one of their friends can get Emperor. It's destroying any motivation to do work for my faction, since you know the work is basically for nothing.
  • Fanfaron
    Fanfaron
    Soul Shriven
    Former emperor farmer from EU Bloodtrhorn reporting in.
    Yes, my guild aim = take as much ppl with former emperors buff, as possible.
    Is it bad? Do we bribe AD/DC to take our keeps? Do we do not care about defs/siege/scrolls and just farm ap all night long?

No, we play for the win and do not leave campaign after getting buff, our players coming back as guests.

And we raid today for at least 7 hours, also some of my men did 12-16 from morning.

Sorry for bad English.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fanfaron wrote: »
    No, we play for the win and do not leave campaign after getting buff, our players coming back as guests.
    You just gave the exact reason why a lot of people would like to see guesting to other campaigns disabled.

• RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really think they need to blank slate everyones alliance war status, this is getting more and more crazy has time goes on. Its no longer really pvp or even war its farming pure and simple.
  • bitaken
    bitaken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I concur that emperor just needs to go. If your alliance holds the inner keeps give everyone 5% health buff - the rest - the skill line and all the personal buffs need to go.

It's at the point now that you have to go to an empty campaign - grind scout quests and get Emperor to be become former emperor and be able to compete in top level PvP.

I do not think that is intended.

Therefore, just get rid of the whole emperor skill line. It was an interesting concept - poorly deployed.
    PvP Lead Officer for Einherjar

Member of Einherjar and associated guilds since 2001

A multi Gaming community of players.
  • Bloodvax
    Bloodvax
    ✭✭✭
    It's not really an exploit, is it? Honestly I have no personal problem with emp farmers, they need all the buffs they can get to be halfway decent, its when I'm having a good time defending a keep killing people and they hider me, either by setting up useless siege or turning my the other way when I run down to get more, or spam me with hate tells saying not to defend that it bothers me.
    ASYLUM-PVP
    Bloodvax- Vet Templar underpowered crafter
    Molly Mesita-OP NB
    Lizerd Wizard-Lowbie PVP toon
    AOC Big Deal Emperor of the Forum Trolls
  • CaptainSilverbrow
    CaptainSilverbrow
    ✭✭✭
    Bloodvax wrote: »
    It's not really an exploit, is it? Honestly I have no personal problem with emp farmers

You can't have this^^
    its when I'm having a good time defending a keep killing people and they hider me, either by setting up useless siege or turning my the other way when I run down to get more, or spam me with hate tells saying not to defend that it bothers me.

^^without this. In the end, they are ruining you having a good time. Were you once among them?
  • ArcanusMagus
    ArcanusMagus
    ✭✭✭
    It's not really an exploit, is it? Honestly I have no personal problem with emp farmers

You can't have this^^
    its when I'm having a good time defending a keep killing people and they hider me, either by setting up useless siege or turning my the other way when I run down to get more, or spam me with hate tells saying not to defend that it bothers me.

^^without this. In the end, they are ruining you having a good time. Were you once among them?

^This.
    Arcanus Magus
    Chrysamere Pact
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ppl send you hate tells for not exploiting? screenshot it and /bug them for spamming and or harassment.
  • Bloodvax
    Bloodvax
    ✭✭✭

You can't have this^^

Nope never got former emperor buffs personally.

ppl send you hate tells for not exploiting? screenshot it and /bug them for spamming and or harassment.

Yea we were on Dawnbreaker and they were spamming me and a few others saying stop defending we want them to take the keep faster. The best was when they said they would report us. LOL report us for actually pvping? What a joke

ASYLUM-PVP
    Bloodvax- Vet Templar underpowered crafter
    Molly Mesita-OP NB
    Lizerd Wizard-Lowbie PVP toon
    AOC Big Deal Emperor of the Forum Trolls
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    Former emperor farmer from EU Bloodtrhorn reporting in.
    Yes, my guild aim = take as much ppl with former emperors buff, as possible.
    Is it bad? Do we bribe AD/DC to take our keeps? Do we do not care about defs/siege/scrolls and just farm ap all night long?

Sorry for bad English.

Correction you and at least 3 other DAWNBREAKER guilds left because its leader wanted to play game as intended (by not allowing emp farming).
    Indeed it is so...
  • TheDrunkenMagi
    TheDrunkenMagi
    Soul Shriven
    Emperor farming is just a current element of the game's PvP. It's more like a multi-level chess board than a single game of chess. Right now the main PvP battles play out on certain campaigns that almost always become Locked from being full and the low population campaigns just get steamrolled by 1 particular Alliance.

If anything Emperor Farming is pushing the game into the right direction, by taking players out of the high population campaigns and placing them into the low population ones. The players still have to play the game to get emperors and other Alliances won't want them to gain Emperorships and should move players to intercept them.
    If everything works out all the campaigns should end up evenly matched.
    Edited by TheDrunkenMagi on June 28, 2014 3:43AM
  • SBR_QuorTek
    SBR_QuorTek
    ✭✭✭
    Put up a system so you can only be emperor once per campaign... and would be a random raffle of top 500 on who gets it and once having become one, you will max be able to hold the title for 72 hours before someone else in alliance gets the promotion, if dethroned the same day or day after, tough luck.. you can become emperor again next campaign or something..

And only able to archieve such in home campaign of course... would keep people playing, add in so it would cost 25k gold to enter a guest campaign, and maybe 100k gold to switch to a new home campaign, unless haven't been pvping for like 7 days or something, then symbolic 15k for being inactive in current home campaign.

Again some kind of suggestions
    Edited by SBR_QuorTek on June 28, 2014 2:45AM
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emp farming is shameful..period.
  • Lodur
    Lodur
    Please make Emperor abilities only work in the campaign that you earned emperor in.
  • Fanfaron
    Fanfaron
    Soul Shriven
    Correction you and at least 3 other DAWNBREAKER guilds left because its leader wanted to play game as intended (by not allowing emp farming).

stick and stones can break my bones :D
  • Varig14
    Varig14
    Soul Shriven
    I would like to see them add code that checks population when Emp is to be awarded, if all 3 factions are not at 3 bars or locked no Emp is confered. This would stop the farming of dead campaigns and make the Emperor mean something.

Varkoff from Wabba
  • andrewalexanderkingb14_ESO
    Hate the emperor farmers. Loathe the emperor farmers. Destroy the emperor farmers wherever you seem them sprout up. They are like weeds in the garden of Cyrodil, if you do not rip them up by the roots as soon as they sprout, you will be left with nothing. Is you own faction helping them? Report the ***. Are they DK chain pulling them up to your keeps? follow them to see where they will do it, and prepare your knockbacks. Prepare oilpots. Find guilds, even across factions, on the server you play on, or even on others, and resist this disgusting playstyle. If they need to most minute of buffs to be "halfway decent" they are doing it wrong to begin with. ESO forums might have a "name and shame" policy which prevents us from posting the names of the ***, but, just remember, nothing is preventing you from sending a friendly whisper about what you have seen, and let things trickle down the grapevine. Are guilds on your side siegecapping you to prevent you from defending a keep so that flipping/farming will go smoother? Be sure you siege cap yourself then, when you know you are fighting against farmers, so that you can set down proper siege when you need to, and will not be as defenseless. Give them NOTHING. even if your small group cannot fight them due to numbers, take resources, go to keeps and repair walls that may be left broken down. How long must we do this? Hard to say, but, I plan on doing until ZOS grows a pair and removes the emperor buffs from every single one of those emperor farming ***, or makes them useless in PvE so that those same *** will have accomplished nothing to "improve their trial time"

I am Porkgasm, and I approve this message. If your server is having problems with emperor farmers, send me a message. As you can tell, I have a slight difference of opinion with them. Maybe we can help each other out.

And if your an Emperor farmer, well, I hope to see you soon.
  • Magister_Aena
    Magister_Aena
    ✭✭✭
    Varig14 wrote: »
    I would like to see them add code that checks population when Emp is to be awarded, if all 3 factions are not at 3 bars or locked no Emp is confered. This would stop the farming of dead campaigns and make the Emperor mean something.

Varkoff from Wabba

No, this would only kill the small pop servers more. If this happens, this has to be with the 5 new campaigns.
    Character: Aena d'Eltorn
    Faction: Aldmeri Dominion
    Campaign: Thornblade

|

Character: Droz'Makal
    Faction: Ebonheart Pact
    Campaign: Blackwater Blade
  • FiQ
    FiQ
    Soul Shriven
    There is emp farmers in every quiet campaing.
    Dawnbreaker = EP
    Coldbrand = AD

Those atleast i know of. Wouldnt it be easier to delete all "inactive" campaings. There seems to be enough players for 3-4 campaings on EU-server. Also, former emperor should only be tittle. No buff's with it.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    stick and stones can break my bones :D
    So that's why you lamers all came to Bloodthorn...

Edited by Lava_Croft on June 28, 2014 12:46PM
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not-this-thread-again-104180449710.jpeg
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
  • Krinaman
    Krinaman
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really care if they leave the buffs, just give the players who actually PvP the same buffs. At rank 10 or whatever open the skill lines up. Those who got it can have the title.

As it is, the players who do this get an advantage over the players that don't. It's one thing when it's even numbers and they have one. But now I run into groups with a half a dozen or more.

This problem is even worse now that everyone is racing to get the buff before the campaign changes make it much harder. The result is just about every campaign is a joke right now. It's either completely dominated by one faction or two factions are taking turns emp swapping.

Once the campaign system changes those left out will have a permanent disadvantage while those who abused the system will get a permanent advantage.

as for "not this thread again", As long as you have stupid systems like this that give a group of players an unfair advantage in PvP you are going to have these threads.

• Shadowhorn
    Shadowhorn
    ✭✭
    One basic problem with all content given out to players in MMO games is that some people just dont mind playing unfair to reach their goals. In order to avoid this behavior the game mechanics have to change in a matter that wouldnt allow this. Simple.
  • Exaile
    Exaile
    Soul Shriven
    The best and easiest option for now is to get rid of buffs for former emperor and they should only have a tittle ;) as a former emp you should not be different from others and keep the buff unchanged for active emeprors so the kids won't disband a campains anymore!
    It became viral and farming emperors keeps spreading across all servers and it is said tbh.