Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Emperor farming

• Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    krayiss wrote: »
    Dleatherus wrote: »
    well, the participation was of crowning one, abdicating, not defending, letting the EP guild involved know it was their turn, crowning another etc

D.
    I dont believe any of alacrity abdicated on Celarus. So I wouldnt say we let EP know it was their turn because we for sure didnt whisper them saying "it was their turn"
    Correct me if Im wrong on that and just wondering if you still remember the names of the abdicaters, because all ours on Celarus stayed and got dethroned.

nope - don't remember the names - i do know that in speaking directly with several members of yours that they stated that was what happened, as well as the name of the EP guild involved

and being dethroned after 1 hour of holding the throne and THEN abdicating with not so much as lifting a finger to defend a single keep is kind of just denying what happened

D.
    Stands in Puddles VR12 NB
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

Emperor Farmers, cheaters and exploiters - just like cockroaches in real life, Tamriel will never be rid of them
    Options
  • aksyong
    aksyong
    ✭✭✭
    Tripwyr wrote: »
    aksyong wrote: »
    We strictly forbid exploiting as a guild

I'd LOL literally.

I would like to hear which exploits you think we've utilized. We've been accused frequently, but nobody elaborates. We've had this policy since release, and it has never changed.

Necrotic orb>Intensify spam?
    Rainbow impulse?

Nevertheless, out of topic about exploits, on the topic about PVP, setting oil behind an obstacle in an open field pvp?
    I don't even think that is real pvp if you are pouring oil.

I do agree you guys are real fun to fight against, but there are room for improvement. While you guys may fight well in tight corners, when it comes to open field you guys need improvement.
    Edited by aksyong on July 1, 2014 4:38AM
    NA Daggerfall
    The Three Brothers
    安特卫普 - Antwerp
    意大利牧师 - Italian Priest
    Options
  • InvictoNZ
    InvictoNZ
    ✭✭✭
    I'm slash stuck at work, but I'm sure I've seen an exploit somewhere.

Mind you, I have no idea which guild took the scroll home that fast.
    Options
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd LOL literally.

I would like to hear which exploits you think we've utilized. We've been accused frequently, but nobody elaborates. We've had this policy since release, and it has never changed.

Rainbow impulse?

Nevertheless, out of topic about exploits, on the topic about PVP, setting oil behind an obstacle in an open field pvp?

I do agree you guys are real fun to fight against, but there are room for improvement. While you guys may fight well in tight corners, when it comes to open field you guys need improvement.

Can't see how coming up with new uses for skills that other people think are useless is exploiting. There is nothing buggy about how Energy Orb works. We just happened to be the first ones to discover it. I'll take this as an opportunity to inform you that Energy Orb moves extremely slowly, has a small radius, and is dispelled by Negate Magic. It is an easily countered tactic like many of our other tactics, we simply value the element of surprise.

We've never utilized Rainbow Impulse Pulsar. We only use fire Pulsar.

While I understand that it may be frustrating to die to some of these mechanics, we are a small group of 12-16 facing up 100+ player zergs. These tactics are necessary to allow us to even the playing field. Setting up oil behind obstacles, streak -> oil, clouding swarm -> oil, invis potion -> oil, we do all of these and are not ashamed to admit it. We play the game using the mechanics we have available, but we do not exploit.

EDIT: You're right. We're at a heavy disadvantage in open field. While we're working hard on improving it, unfortunately it is very difficult so we play to our strengths instead.
    Edited by Tripwyr on July 1, 2014 2:04PM
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
    Options
  • aksyong
    aksyong
    ✭✭✭

I'd LOL literally.

Rainbow impulse?

Can't see how coming up with new uses for skills that other people think are useless is exploiting. There is nothing buggy about how Energy Orb works. We just happened to be the first ones to discover it. I'll take this as an opportunity to inform you that Energy Orb moves extremely slowly, has a small radius, and is dispelled by Negate Magic. It is an easily countered tactic like many of our other tactics, we simply value the element of surprise.

While I understand that it may be frustrating to die to some of these mechanics, we are a small group of 12-16 facing up 100+ player zergs. These tactics are necessary to allow us to even the playing field. Setting up oil behind obstacles, streak -> oil, clouding swarm -> oil, invis potion -> oil, we do all of these and are not ashamed to admit it. We play the game using the mechanics we have available, but we do not exploit.

EDIT: You're right. We're at a heavy disadvantage in open field. While we're working hard on improving it, unfortunately it is very difficult so we play to our strengths instead.

Necro orbs has no AE limit, spamming it jerk lags everyone but the user. And I've witness your rainbow pulsar. Oiling to me is just BS, I don't do it, and I've seen your people dump it everywhere you go. That's not leveling the playing field, that's cowardy PVP style.

And when there's no tight corners, you guys really lack the skill. My brother and I have taken 3-7 of you down a few times at bleakers.
    NA Daggerfall
    The Three Brothers
    安特卫普 - Antwerp
    意大利牧师 - Italian Priest
    Options
  • aksyong
    aksyong
    ✭✭✭

This also thus means, you guys are only good at defending because of tight corners, not superior quality of combat. Pouring oils over people while dropping banners with your DKs isn't PVP.
    Edited by aksyong on July 1, 2014 2:54PM
    NA Daggerfall
    The Three Brothers
    安特卫普 - Antwerp
    意大利牧师 - Italian Priest
    Options
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd LOL literally.

Rainbow impulse?

Necro orbs has no AE limit, spamming it jerk lags everyone but the user. And I've witness your rainbow pulsar. Oiling to me is just BS, I don't do it, and I've seen your people dump it everywhere you go. That's not leveling the playing field, that's cowardy PVP style.

And when there's no tight corners, you guys really lack the skill. My brother and I have taken 3-7 of you down a few times at bleakers.

If Energy Orbs to not have an AoE cap, it is because ZOS did not put an AoE cap on it. We use it because the intensify synergy is very powerful, not for any other reason. Sorry if it lags you, last patch your Healing Springs was lagging me, but I did not ask you to stop casting it. We're not going to stop using a powerful spell just because it causes lag for a select few people; it does not lag us at all.

We do not use Rainbow Pulsar. I can only say that so many times, if you've seen somebody using Rainbow Pulsar, it was not us. The spell animation on Fiery Pulsar is orange and blue, maybe you saw that?

Sorry if you feel our PvP strategy is cowardly, I can't do anything about that. We're not going to stop using effective mechanics because you don't like them. Killing us once or twice means essentially nothing, we make mistakes and die sometimes. We also intentionally kill ourselves frequently in order to quickly travel to another location. Saying you've killed us a couple times is meaningless, and does not contribute in any way here.

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
    Options
  • Aeaeren
    Aeaeren
    ✭✭✭

Necro Orb I can see as an issue but so many other things cause insane lag ect also, it's bad game mechanics. As for the rest of it Oil, rainbow pulsar, which I think is group using different staffs to snare, ect, is just playing the game. Seriously if someone needs Oil or Oil helps win then accept it as it's just part of the game and quit crying over it. I have read almost everything on this thread and I see someone not liking this or that but that is all it is, you don't LIKE it. Now hacking ect is a completely different story and those people SHOULD BE BANNED for life and publicly flocked and if anyone in any one of my guilds does it and is not kicked and reported for it then I will disband from said guild. I may be sneaky, use Oil (I don't as I never have enough space on the wheel for it and it's just not my play style and yes it sucks dying to it but that's life), I do pulsar/talon/reflective scale/Win Stick ect but I don't CHEAT nor cry about it. I try to figure out a counter to it or what I did wrong and improve my skills.

Emperor farming is an issue only in it's too easy to get it now, too overpowered and will soon be required ect. I will never be an Emperor, I just don't play enough or care enough about it but it would be nice. But is it an exploit, not really. Once again BAD mechanics. I have helped crown a few of them and every one of them we fought for it but that isn't even the fun part. It's defending that LAST keep from the other side I have the most fun doing. I am denying you Emperor-ship until you BEAT US! There are many many many ways to stop this yet you want ZOS to do it for you instead. Kind of like every crybaby thread about DKs being over powered please nerf this or that because I can't hit a button and win, ect. Funny as a DK I don't feel over powered whatsoever. I die a ton and I die to all kinds of crazy things. I only get frustrated when the game causes the death with the insane lag and FPS issues. I have smashed my keyboard, good thing it's like a Timex as it has taken a beating yet still works. I don't think because I was stupid enough to run into the crowd that has 10 trillion Oil pots set up to kill me do I contemplate that it was due to someone cheating. A cheat is a cheat, using what the game gives you is just playing the game. Seriously if you are soooo upset over Emperor swapping, oil pots, pulsar and other legit means of killing you then you need to think about heading back to the kiddie pool for a bit.
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aeaeren wrote: »

Emperor farming is an issue only in it's too easy to get it now, too overpowered and will soon be required ect. I will never be an Emperor, I just don't play enough or care enough about it but it would be nice. But is it an exploit, not really. Once again BAD mechanics.

To be clear an exploit is just that...the use of bad mechanics or bugs to get an advantage. Bugs and bad mechanics are not easter eggs hidden throughout the game for clever players to employ, they are actually bugs and bad mechanics that are not suppose to exist. Those who use them are known as exploiters.
    Edited by Armitas on July 1, 2014 3:26PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »

Emperor farming is an issue only in it's too easy to get it now, too overpowered and will soon be required ect. I will never be an Emperor, I just don't play enough or care enough about it but it would be nice. But is it an exploit, not really. Once again BAD mechanics.

To be clear an exploit is just that...the use of bad mechanics or bugs to get an advantage. Bugs and bad mechanics are not easter eggs hidden throughout the game for clever players to employ, they are actually bugs and bad mechanics that are not suppose to exist.

No, it is the use of bugged or unintended mechanics to gain an advantage. Poor design != exploiting.

Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, it is the use of bugged or unintended mechanics to gain an advantage. Poor design != exploiting.

A bad mechanic would be an unintended mechanic. No one at ZOS is intentionally putting in bad mechanics.
    Edited by Armitas on July 1, 2014 3:31PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • Pathfinder
    Pathfinder
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly I don't care about the AP farming method, it's lame but valid. What I don't like is running up against a pvp group made up of mostly former emperors. Seeing a new emperor every 45 to 60 minutes in Volendrung is gimiky at best and bad for the game in the long run. Get rid of the former emperor bonus and be done with it.

ETA: One option is to give the same former emperor skill set to all who attain an Alliance Hero title.
    Edited by Pathfinder on July 1, 2014 3:51PM
    Main
    Malfahri del Sol Imperial Templar (stamplar *new respec) PC/NA/Trueflame
    Options
  • sbanned_530978
    sbanned_530978
    ✭✭✭
    nope - don't remember the names - i do know that in speaking directly with several members of yours that they stated that was what happened, as well as the name of the EP guild involved

and being dethroned after 1 hour of holding the throne and THEN abdicating with not so much as lifting a finger to defend a single keep is kind of just denying what happened

D.

Interesting well what I can tell you is that I was there the 1st 2 Celarus resets and I know 1 of our members had wanted to do that.
    And Im looking at our emp count and 4 we got from Celarus which is hardly farming.
    Also none of our emps on Celarus abdicated, they all stayed to play with emperor bonus. *Abdicating is giving up the throne* Which they did not, they did however change to regain bonuses after their reign was over. So saying "not so much as lifting a finger" is largely exaggerating for talking about our guild. When alot of the time we are only a group of 12 or so, we wont defend our home campaign Hopes while fighting on Waba and defend a 3rd campaign where only 4 of us set home who wanted to push emp the 1st day.
    Options
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is what happens When DC from Dawnbreaker decide to take a break from Dawnbreaker lag and guest into hopesefire. That is how Casuale got so many points. I wish they stayed in their home though, because we get overwhelmed daily by the sheer amount of EP and the AD that seem to be helping EP out by doing weird things.

We aren't helping EP. DC is the group making alliances with EP to attack AD. At least our guild refuses to bargain with the enemy.

If by "weird things" you mean probing deep into your territory to siege a keep or take Bleaker's so you get distracted and stop defending the emperor keeps, yeah, ok, we do that sometimes ;).
    Life of a Nightblade (Screenshot Tumblr)

Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
    Options
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭

To be clear an exploit is just that...the use of bad mechanics or bugs to get an advantage. Bugs and bad mechanics are not easter eggs hidden throughout the game for clever players to employ, they are actually bugs and bad mechanics that are not suppose to exist. Those who use them are known as exploiters.

Exactly. And for the record Zenimax did acknowledge that the health debuffs stacking from the Rainbow Train was not working as intended and so use of it was technically an exploit.

Also, to Alacrity – and this is a genuine question not an accusation – if you guys weren't the AD group using the Rainbow Train pulsar exploit in Wabbajack, who was? I know our guild was accused of being the ones doing it and we didn't, so I'm curious who on our side was doing it.

Not that anyone on AD ever did it nonstop for days like those EP d*cks.

Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
    Options
  • Daragon
    Daragon
    Dont have a problem with Emperor or former emp buffs if they were earned in the home campaign. But they should only apply in that campaign and no other.
    If guys farm emperor in low pop campaigns they should lose those buffs/ bonuses if they move to a higher pop campaign or guest there.
    After all they were never emperor there so they could not be former emps.

This should apply too if you then switch campaigns to a new one as your home campaign. you would lose all former emp buffs and would need to re-earn them in the new home campaign.
    Options
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daragon wrote: »
    Dont have a problem with Emperor or former emp buffs if they were earned in the home campaign. But they should only apply in that campaign and no other.
    If guys farm emperor in low pop campaigns they should lose those buffs/ bonuses if they move to a higher pop campaign or guest there.
    After all they were never emperor there so they could not be former emps.

This should apply too if you then switch campaigns to a new one as your home campaign. you would lose all former emp buffs and would need to re-earn them in the new home campaign.

Pretty much sums up my feels on this subject.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
    Options
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

D.

Interesting well what I can tell you is that I was there the 1st 2 Celarus resets and I know 1 of our members had wanted to do that.
    And Im looking at our emp count and 4 we got from Celarus which is hardly farming.
    Also none of our emps on Celarus abdicated, they all stayed to play with emperor bonus. *Abdicating is giving up the throne* Which they did not, they did however change to regain bonuses after their reign was over. So saying "not so much as lifting a finger" is largely exaggerating for talking about our guild. When alot of the time we are only a group of 12 or so, we wont defend our home campaign Hopes while fighting on Waba and defend a 3rd campaign where only 4 of us set home who wanted to push emp the 1st day.

we'll just have to disagree on what 'stayed to play with their emperor bonus' means with AD emp changing 4 times in 8 hours that first night, 2 of which were yours

and given that Celarus is my home campaign for Stands In Puddles since it started, and I saw what happened during the original campaign - and what happened afterwards at both resets, as well as my discussions with several of your members (including a TS convo) i'm not shooting from the hip regarding this

this sums up one Celarus emperor farmers view:
    005e1c9211.jpg

'sole purpose'??? - strange - i thought one of the purposes of a cyrodiil campaign was for folks to have fun in PvP, especially your 'HOME' campaign - emperor farming is completely counter to that, and in my opinion, counter to the spirit of the game

coming to a campaign to quickly gain a title, and then leave within a matter of hours for your home campaign is what is commonly being referred to as emperor farming - this is what happened - it's a fact

that the current game mechanics allow for it is also a fact

many of us believe that this is unintended use of the mechanics

that emperor farming in any campaign screws over the 'legit' players is of little concern to the farmers is also a fact - many have left the game on account of it - other emperor farming related threads testify to that

i have zero issue with folks using game mechanics to better their own situation (clever and well thought out ability combos that you guys are awesome at etc.)

i do have an issue with folks using emperor farming game mechanics that screw over other players, ruin cyrodiil for them and contribute to depopulating the campaigns

D.
    Edited by Dleatherus on July 1, 2014 5:40PM
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

Emperor Farmers, cheaters and exploiters - just like cockroaches in real life, Tamriel will never be rid of them
    Options
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

D.

we'll just have to disagree on what 'stayed to play with their emperor bonus' means with AD emp changing 4 times in 8 hours that first night, 2 of which were yours

and given that Celarus is my home campaign for Stands In Puddles since it started, and I saw what happened during the original campaign - and what happened at both resets, my discussions with several of your members (including a TS convo) i'm not shooting from the hip regarding this

005e1c9211.jpg

coming to a campaign to quickly gain a title, and then leave within a matter of hours for your home campaign is what is commonly being referred to as emperor farming - this is what happened - it's a fact

that emperor farming in any campaign screws over the 'legit' players is of little concern to the farmers is also a fact - many have left the game on account of it - other emperor farming related threads testify to that

i have zero issue with folks using game mechanics to better their own situation (clever and well thought out ability combos that you guys are awesome at etc.)

i do have an issue with folks using emperor farming game mechanics that screw over other players, ruin cyrodiil for them and contribute to depopulating the campaigns

D.

Pretty much summed up my view of things, D.

Considering abandoning current home campaign due to this twits infesting it since the campaign reset.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
    Options
  • SteveRuimy

Exactly. And for the record Zenimax did acknowledge that the health debuffs stacking from the Rainbow Train was not working as intended and so use of it was technically an exploit.

Also, to Alacrity – and this is a genuine question not an accusation – if you guys weren't the AD group using the Rainbow Train pulsar exploit in Wabbajack, who was? I know our guild was accused of being the ones doing it and we didn't, so I'm curious who on our side was doing it.

The rainbow was from a group of gobelin (+40) in EP that was in Wabba for a while using it + the fire clench bug that can 1 shot you from fall damage (got fixed Monday on the patch) but now we don't see us anymore.
    Light You Up
    Member of Alacrity
    World rank #1 Trials timers
    Options
  • sbanned_530978
    sbanned_530978
    ✭✭✭

and given that Celarus is my home campaign for Stands In Puddles since it started, and I saw what happened during the original campaign - and what happened afterwards at both resets, as well as my discussions with several of your members (including a TS convo) i'm not shooting from the hip regarding this

005e1c9211.jpg

'sole purpose'??? - strange - i thought one of the purposes of a cyrodiil campaign was for folks to have fun in PvP, especially your 'HOME' campaign - emperor farming is completely counter to that, and in my opinion, counter to the spirit of the game

D.

Yes you may disagree with it but the 2 of which were ours did stay and enjoy being emp Im in the guild and played with them.

Im not saying your shooting from the hip but not remembering any of the names who you spoke with especially the TS convo Im wondering it it was even my guild.

'Sole purpose' dont know who that is but they must be referring to the fact that its a 2 week campaign. To be clear the point of Celarus being the leaderboards reset sooner and gives everyone a quicker shot at emperor. And thats alot of fun for folks who pvp, because anyone who pvps wants emperor and if you dont your just lying to yourself (dont know another way to put it).

And we were farming or cycling emperor on the noores home campaign as well skull crusher. I left so you could have it and we would have pushed for more if thorker didnt get so high on the leaderboards.

Emperor farming may screw over legit players and if you take it away some of those players who left the game may come back but you'll lose even more taking the main achievement for pvp away, I mean come on think about it.

The worst part is ZOS giving even shorter campaigns :( (Going to be funny seeing this on each campaign)

Agreed, the emperor farming game mechanics like the oil pot griefing I heard about but never seen needs to be changed.

*edit having trouble with this quoting thing...
    Edited by sbanned_530978 on July 1, 2014 7:07PM
    Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How is using oil pots as intended in any way related to the topic of this thread, namely Emperor farming?
    Edited by Lava_Croft on July 1, 2014 7:04PM
    Options
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭
    SteveRuimy wrote: »

The rainbow was from a group of gobelin (+40) in EP that was in Wabba for a while using it + the fire clench bug that can 1 shot you from fall damage (got fixed Monday on the patch) but now we don't see us anymore.

I know EP was doing it, what I'm curious about is who on the AD side was doing it. When we called out EP for using this crap they pointed the finger back at us and said AD uses it too. I know BDG and Alacrity were two of the most effective guilds in Wabbajack (BDG has since moved to Dawnbreaker due to Wabbalag), so it stands to reason someone in those two guilds would at least know who was abusing this exploit for AD.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
    Options
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @krayiss‌

not naming them because they asked to remain anonymous - you can doubt all you want - you know me, and know i don't lie

the TS convo in particular was one of your members asking me to 'give it up' after the 2nd reset because of the abuse we were getting in channel and /tells from the farmers as well as the oil pot exploits and dk pulling (which they were totally against - no accusation of them being involved in THAT exploiting is being made)

should folks want and strive to be emperor - that is not ever in question - misusing game mechanics to achieve that goal by wrecking other campaigns is

our 'farming' on skull crusher as you put it involved you holding emp for 11 days and me holding it for 14 - a total of 25 days - TWO AD emps - stretch it as far as you want but TWO emperors in 25 days in our dedicated home campaign can hardly be qualified as emperor farming

how you can even begin to compare the passion and effort and fun put into that and what is currently going on is beyond my words - we weren't going into a 'weak' or 'reset' campaign for a few hours/days, getting a title and then abandoning that campaign

i say that 8 throne flips coordinated with the other major alliance guilds within 8 hours is emperor farming, you say it isn't

out of respect of our friendship am gonna leave it at that - am not looking for an argument

D.
    Edited by Dleatherus on July 1, 2014 8:02PM
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

Options
  • Aeaeren
    Aeaeren
    ✭✭✭

But you see there is the nub of it, you have to take EVERY inner keep and keep them all until you cap the last one to get it. You have to home the server and be at the top of the factions AP boards to get it. Why is it you CAN'T um take back a keep when they are on the last keep and split the forces, ect. If you feel sooooo strongly against Emp farming then get some people together and do something about it. I know I would enjoy it. Like I said I can careless about it except I do think former Emps are a bit OP and need some toning down. Since so many are now running around with former Emp skill lines they should rethink this Emp thing a bit. I don't think you should have cross campaign Emps and after the Campaign ends so does your Emp skill line. New Start new fight for it.
    Options
  • Aeaeren
    Aeaeren
    ✭✭✭
    Ah another idea, why not limit this to 2 people per campaign, Emp and 1 former Emp only. You can become Emp and be demoted to Former Emp but then demoted again to scrub after a new Emp takes over.
    Options
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah another idea, why not limit this to 2 people per campaign, Emp and 1 former Emp only. You can become Emp and be demoted to Former Emp but then demoted again to scrub after a new Emp takes over.

I suggested a similar thing. I think there should be 1 emperor and 2 former emperors at any given time. 1 for each faction. If AD is Emperor, then EP and DC have former.
    Options
  • Train2004
    Train2004
    Soul Shriven
    What is Zenemax's take on this?
    Options
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Train2004 wrote: »

*crickets*

D.
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

Options
  • kkravaritieb17_ESO
    kkravaritieb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Train2004 wrote: »

So far they dont give a rats @$% about this broken aspect of the AvA.

Member of the glorious Zerg Squad
    Rip Banana Squad

Lheneth -- Sorc PvP Rank 31
    Ellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 50 (No Bleaker's roleplaying involved)
    Smellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 28
    and many other chars

Options