Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So freaking frustrated and disappointed about not having the ability to share quests with friends

• Rhoric
    Rhoric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well after 63 deaths. Put a horseshoe up my ass and lots of luck. Used 12 potions of healing and the aoe heal from restro staff. Pulling the adds back as i kill them. I managed to finally kill Mannimarco. The fight does still need to be adjusted and grouping does need to be fixed.
  • Elember
    Elember
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, folks. We want to let you know that, as Game Director Matt Firor mentioned in his recent post, we are actively working on our phasing and grouping in-game. We know it's frustrating when you can't see your group members due to a phasing issue, and appreciate your patience. Be sure to keep an eye on our patch notes to stay up-to-date with some of the fixes and changes we're making to ESO.

Please put this part of the updates to a TOP priority after all if you are in the business of developing an MMO why on earth would you think it is a good idea to force solo play? SWTOR, one of the worst MMO's ever made at the very least made it so you could group for all quests. You might have to do that quest twice if you were same class and it was a class quest but you COULD do it together.

MMO stands for Massive, Multiplayer, Online game and currently the only part of MMO that relates to ESO is that its Massive, and while it is Online it might just as well not be online because quest design is so flagrantly poor when you consider Multiplayer.

Another aspect of the Multiplayer that needs to be addressed is when a group is in a public dungeon and items need to be picked up, when one person in the group picks up the item(s) the item count for ALL group members should go up to reflect that everyone in the group has completed that part of the quest. Making us stand around to wait for respawns is completely insane and clearly shows lazy quest design when considering YOUR game to be Multiplayer.

Edited by Elember on May 5, 2014 1:15AM
  • Lanatireb17_ESO
    Lanatireb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Currently, this issue is the number 1 issue for most of the people leaving. Im in the same boat with many others here, only playing mmos in a group (with my brother) and its simply terrible in this game. Also, i made the mistake of rolling a NB, and im also one of those that had to try more than 50 times to kill Mannimarco. Currently, mine and my brothers account have been canceled until this is fixed, and sadly my whole guild (25 people) also stopped playing. This needs to be a top priority. THE top priority.
    oh, and jamesharv2005ub17_ESO..if you keep asking everyone to leave this game that doesnt think its awesome, you will be very alone very soon.
    Edited by Lanatireb17_ESO on May 5, 2014 6:28AM
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xaei wrote: »
    Sakiri wrote: »
    ^ things like Manninarco needs to stay solo.

It's your fight. It's your challenge. It's supposed to be a monumental fight whee you finally go toe to toe with a big bad, adding other players into the mix will ruin both the significance and the difficulty of the encounter. It'll just be another quest.

When its REQUIRED to access over half of the game it *needs* to be "just another quest".

My gaming buddy will never see vet levels until a) I can help him or 2) the main quest can be facetanked.

Mandatory content should be completeable by mentally challenged, untrained chimpanzees. You want challenge, thats what optional content and achievements are for.

Mannimarco wasnt a "man, that kicked ass" fight. It was a "thank Hate that thing is over" followed by "man, hes never going to finish that...".

Thats not a good feeling there.

You got a good point there but I think there's arguments for both sides, and equal validity in both design philosophies.

The point I was making is that often, the best moments in gaming is overcoming an obstacle. It becomes boring when you can just faceroll everything, and that includes the main story of the game. It was the reason why I found say, the fight with Alduin in Skyrim lacking: plot wise, it was great, but the fight itself was a joke and you did not feel threatened at all, which in turn completely undermined the premises of that fight. It was pathetic.

Then you got fights like TSW's Gatekeeper. It was a tough and fair fight which you needed to pass in order to have access to endgame content, and that guy doesn't mess around and will really test what you've learnt up to that point. I died 27 times on him. But when you finally kicked his ass and he stood up told you are ready, it gave you that feeling of accomplishment, you felt you came in as a noob and walked out a badass.

I can see that, but this game was also marketed at the Elder Scrolls guys, not just MMO folks.

My friend never did the alduin fight. Hes an explorer. Digs in caves. Crafts. Not a challenge seeker and always plays on the easist difficulty. Me? Legendary with normal non smithed weapons and drop/bough potions.

And you think Gatekeeper was interesting?

Dont get me started on green fire.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn4H7AFOxcI

220+ attempts over 40 hours in 3 days.

Not the greatest video but you see the fight.

Screw that fight. Did it first two weeks it was out.

Never again.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh and a 7 minute gib timer that can be reset if you know an alchemist and dont need to use a healing potion.

Gah... screw that fight.
  • Rad
    Rad
    ✭✭
    Hey, folks. We want to let you know that, as Game Director Matt Firor mentioned in his recent post, we are actively working on our phasing and grouping in-game. We know it's frustrating when you can't see your group members due to a phasing issue, and appreciate your patience. Be sure to keep an eye on our patch notes to stay up-to-date with some of the fixes and changes we're making to ESO.

I'll copy and paste what I wrote on the Road Ahead thread since I believe the two things I talk about below is really needed for this game to live on...

•Auto-leveling dungeons that level to your group leader
    •A system that allows grouped players to see each other even when they’re in different phases

I wish for a combination of both. A autolevel system in the open world so I can play with my RL friends who often are in other levels than me, and not just random Joe who happen to have the same level and quest as me. It's been done in other games 10 years ago, and it worked fine. I can not see a reason for it to not be a reality.

Together with a more easily managed quest tracker (Leader chooses quest from his own, and all members get the navpoints, killcounts etc even if they don't have the quest themselves) this would make playing this game with my RL friends actually possible.

Edited by Rad on May 5, 2014 9:35AM
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EQ2 mentor system, with or without xp bonus.

Gogo.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rad wrote: »
    Together with a more easily managed quest tracker (Leader chooses quest from his own, and all members get the navpoints, killcounts etc even if they don't have the quest themselves) this would make playing this game with my RL friends actually possible.

This
  • Citraka
    Citraka
    Just noticed today up in Coldharbour the skellies at the shipwreck area were all yellow to me so non aggro as I'd completed that quest line, Went up there with my wife and had a fun run through together as she completed that quest, theres a couple of times where she phased but mostly we were together.

Now this is totally different from some times earlier in the game when I went to help out and there were No mobs at all for me but for her it was full of angry ones, I guess its implemented differently depending on what quest line.

But the 'yellow' con mobs would seem to be a fairly decent solution to helping out, it just doesn't really look 'right' from a story point of view where you were supposed to have cleared out the area, hmm

I'm VR1 now and kicking my heels in the first VR zone waiting for her to catch up levels, I think thats the only thing we can do right now to maximise our together time along with running dungeons. Odd situation tho as not getting exp for me from sub VR content would normally seem to suck but its actually helping her catch up as I tread water :)

On the suggested Scaling upthe difficulty of fights if story content is done as a group, the fact they used instancing for those events might actually even make it easier to implement
  • Rad
    Rad
    ✭✭
    Because of the hardship to play with my RL friends I've chosen to cancel for the moment. I'll lurk the news and forums to see if they add a mentoring system (group level balancing), a groupfriendly questtracker (so everyone knows what has to be done) and solve the phasing issues (so I can actually see my friends).
    ...And I mean this for the entire game, not just certain group-dungeons.

Until then... Salute!
    Edited by Rad on May 8, 2014 4:58PM
  • Xaei
    Xaei
    ✭✭✭
    GreySix wrote: »

It's your fight. It's your challenge. It's supposed to be a monumental fight whee you finally go toe to toe with a big bad, adding other players into the mix will ruin both the significance and the difficulty of the encounter. It'll just be another quest.

How would it adversely impact you for others who don't want to solo content to be allowed to group such content, if you could still solo the same content?

If you answer that question logically, you'll have been the very first to do so.

The reason for it isn't very logical: it reduces a sense of achievement.

You could give the same logic as a reason for why we don't give out BiS for free in a MMO, even if the PvP uses completely different gear (like GW2 up to recently). I mean, you could still do the raid or whatever and get the gear the hard way, other people having raid gear doesn't impact you.

Same thing here. The fact that there is an easy way to achieve something creates a lessened sense of achievement for a lot of people.
  • Xaei
    Xaei
    ✭✭✭

The real question is, can we play with them?
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You could give the same logic as a reason for why we don't give out BiS for free in a MMO, even if the PvP uses completely different gear (like GW2 up to recently). I mean, you could still do the raid or whatever and get the gear the hard way, other people having raid gear doesn't impact you.

Same thing here. The fact that there is an easy way to achieve something creates a lessened sense of achievement for a lot of people.

... and yet what I seek would allow you and others to continue to solo the content, so still not seeing how it would adversely impact you.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • Lanatireb17_ESO
    Lanatireb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

... and yet what I seek would allow you and others to continue to solo the content, so still not seeing how it would adversely impact you.

It would affect their epeen. They couldnt come here and tell all the people who dont make it how they need to l2p and how they suck, and threaten them if the game gets dumbed down they will teabag their mother.
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would love to hear some more info on plans on this too. Will it be just ok now you see the whole character model instead of just triangle while in different phases. Or will it be as it should be that you can actually fight along your group member which means they would need to be in the same phase to do so even temporary.

Rad wrote: »
    •Auto-leveling dungeons that level to your group leader
    •A system that allows grouped players to see each other even when they’re in different phases

I wish for a combination of both. A autolevel system in the open world so I can play with my RL friends who often are in other levels than me, and not just random Joe who happen to have the same level and quest as me. It's been done in other games 10 years ago, and it worked fine. I can not see a reason for it to not be a reality.

Not possible imo. But I would like to hear how you would implement this while there are other people running around you that are not in the group. Unless you want own instance of the world to your group only. Otherwise while your group of 4 are adventuring on eg lvl 10 and the monsters would be scaled to eg lvl 20 so it will be enough challenge for you guys. Then random lvl 10 appears near your group he would be facing lvl 20 monsters alone.

This really is TES MMO, not TES co-op Borderlands 2 style.

Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure whats not possible.

EQ2 has scaling instances. WoW has the "you can see all group members in phased content" thing, and EQ2 has a mentoring systen that lets you lower your level to that of a buddy.

Or alone, in 5 level increments. By paying gold.
  • ptxrox
    ptxrox
    Soul Shriven
    Also, where are all the monsters? You can just walk around for an hour and not see a single monster, just butterflies and foxes... This is still an MMO, I should be able to go out of town and just start fighting cool monsters! That entire aspect doesnt exist in ESO.

and what about the terrible loot?
    You kill a huge boss in a group dungeon and you get 3 gold? WTF??

And the worst thing? When you get to level 50 you still fight the same freaking monsters you fought when you were level 10 mostly, just scaled up to lvl 50. THAT SUCKS! Why do you keep fighting that freaking dinosaur as a boss over and over and over again? Why the same daedra all the time? Same ghosts and same bandits all the time... Where's the diversity?

And last but not least, the thing that makes me get completely turned off from this game: the skills. There is not a single skill that I saw and thought "holy *** that lvl 30 skill looks so awesome!! I gotta lvl up and get that!"
    Non of the skills look impressive, not even at lvl 50. Not a single skill makes you wanna work hard and get it, unless it's very practical. It feels like a game of passive skills and running around doing nothing mostly.

This is not what I was looking for. I'm extremely disappointed...
  • Ardensul77
    Ardensul77
    ✭✭
    Rhoric wrote: »
    Some parts of the game are solo only. A lot of mmos have this. I have run into very few of them personally. What are these "key" parts? Instead of being so vague can you give specific examples?

Sure.
    1. The Main Quest instances
    2. Fighters Guild instances
    3. Mages Guild instances

Ive done all three completely. Had no issues whatsoever.

So you had another player come and help you defeat Mannimarco in Sancre Tor? As that is what you are saying.

No I beat mannimarco on my own.

Then you are lucky as I have died 30 times trying to beat him, I even went as far as respecing my skills to try and beat him with no luck. Being able to group would help but nope they want to screw you in that.

Same with me I can't get past him, have tried several times with different approaches . So my character for the most part is done, can't move into the other zones to level up in VR, and any new content coming out will be way above me, so again I can't play. I am not real good at the keyboard and I know it, that is why I am not beating him, this is where I could use some help by having a friend fight with me, just feel it should be a option.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ardensul77 wrote: »
    I am not real good at the keyboard and I know it, that is why I am not beating him, this is where I could use some help by having a friend fight with me, just feel it should be a option.

Or at least make the companions useful... We're talking the mightiest warriors in all of Tamriel here, they should pretty much one-hit-kill any regular mob.. Make them level 50, all skills maxed, and with insta-self-heal, and they might actually be USEFUL. Heck, even if Abnur Tharn, which is a sorc, after all, was given the ability to heal the player (as accompanying NPCs have in many of the other quests) even that might do a lot.
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some parts of the game are solo only. A lot of mmos have this. I have run into very few of them personally. What are these "key" parts? Instead of being so vague can you give specific examples?

Sure.
    3. Mages Guild instances

So you had another player come and help you defeat Mannimarco in Sancre Tor? As that is what you are saying.

Then you are lucky as I have died 30 times trying to beat him, I even went as far as respecing my skills to try and beat him with no luck. Being able to group would help but nope they want to screw you in that.

Same with me I can't get past him, have tried several times with different approaches . So my character for the most part is done, can't move into the other zones to level up in VR, and any new content coming out will be way above me, so again I can't play. I am not real good at the keyboard and I know it, that is why I am not beating him, this is where I could use some help by having a friend fight with me, just feel it should be a option.

Just leave it for time being and continue other quests then come back later, unless you are already done all the other content but main quest is only one remains. If the latter is the case then some info what usually happens would help to understand so we might be able to give some tips how to progress. Though this is bit off topic but hate to see fellow gamer struggling.

To the topic I am still strongly for grouping these contents too.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • Ardensul77
    Ardensul77
    ✭✭
    Syntse wrote: »

Sure.
    3. Mages Guild instances

Just leave it for time being and continue other quests then come back later, unless you are already done all the other content but main quest is only one remains. If the latter is the case then some info what usually happens would help to understand so we might be able to give some tips how to progress. Though this is bit off topic but hate to see fellow gamer struggling.

To the topic I am still strongly for grouping these contents too.

It's really upsetting that with all the time I put into this character that it has come to this, I am not a complainer, and if I can't do a quest because of my own limits, well that is my problem I quess, but my character should be able to still move on. Why once you hit VR1 can't you go into the other zones, is it too much to ask to be able to go into the DC or The EP zones, even if the Main is not done yet, by doing that I could keep getting stronger, then maybe come back to the Main at some point. As it stands right now, my choices are limited, all my zone quest are done, and points are hard to come by just going to Cyrodiil and killing things, if I can go into Craiglorn without doing the main, why not else where, it don't make any sense....so unless they change this, all my time was for nothing.
  • Ardensul77
    Ardensul77
    ✭✭
    Sakiri wrote: »

When its REQUIRED to access over half of the game it *needs* to be "just another quest".

My gaming buddy will never see vet levels until a) I can help him or 2) the main quest can be facetanked.

Mandatory content should be completeable by mentally challenged, untrained chimpanzees. You want challenge, thats what optional content and achievements are for.

Mannimarco wasnt a "man, that kicked ass" fight. It was a "thank Hate that thing is over" followed by "man, hes never going to finish that...".

Thats not a good feeling there.

You could not have said this better, to block over half the game just because we can't for what ever reason complete a quest, is just plain crazy. we are all different, and I am more of a casual gamer, and not real skilled at the keyboard. To me the Manninarco fight is just insane hard, and there is no fun in getting killed 50 times. so why should I even try to play, all my Quest are done, I have tried to find people to group with, but sitting here asking everyone that comes by if they want to Group in Cyrodill, and getting no response is not my Idea of gameing, come on Zen give me a reason to play
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hope you do e-mail this to Zenimax as well, @Ardensul77? They need to be put under more pressure over this, I fear that's our only hope for change...