Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So freaking frustrated and disappointed about not having the ability to share quests with friends

ptxrox
ptxrox
Soul Shriven
This is why I brought the game!
I understood that you can SP the game all the way to level 50. That's very cool! But what about the [snip] MP aspect of the game?? There is literally ZERO actual multiplayer content!

Why can't I decide that I want to do some of the quests with a friend of mine?
If I can't, why would I buy the game? Everyone wanted a co-op Skyrim. Why didn't we get that? There is absolutely no point in going into groups besides when some enemy is too difficult, and even then most of the time it would be instanced and you won't be able to go in there with your group member.

WTF?! Seriously I am so disappointed...
The game looks beautiful, quests are really great, so much potential... but where's the MMO? where are all the other players I should be seeing traveling the world just fighting monsters (and add some monsters and farm locations for god's sakes, it's mostly landscapes and butterflies... once again: it's an MMORPG!) and leveling up, finding cool items, forming groups to go questing\farming...

There's no farming in the game. No simple pleasure of going around and killing monsters for awesome loot or just for the sake of it. This is what holds a MMO, the routine fighting and killing, not the main quest.

Please tell me something's gonna change, or I'm gonna be out really soon, and I've waited for this SO much...
Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on May 4, 2014 1:41PM
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wife and I unsubscribed for that very reason. We quest together on everything, and in SWTOR we were able to group absolutely everything.

If ZOS fixes this critical piece (and there is currently no indication they intend to do so), we'll re-subscribe.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry but if you want a co-op skyrim you came to the wrong place. I guess you dont do the group dungeons, pvp or any of the other multiplayer activity?
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry but if you want a co-op skyrim you came to the wrong place.
    Then point me to a cooperative Skyrim, and I'll buy the game post haste.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

• jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    GreySix wrote: »
    Sorry but if you want a co-op skyrim you came to the wrong place.
    Then point me to a cooperative Skyrim, and I'll buy the game post haste.

There is no co-op skyrim. Its a single player game. This was never advertised as skyrim 2.
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no co-op skyrim. Its a single player game. This was never advertised as skyrim 2.
    Got it, but this is an MMO TES game, which should facilitate grouping ... in all aspects.

If we wanted a single-player game that allowed no grouping in key dungeons, we've got every single TES game released prior to ESO from which to choose ... all without a subscription.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

• jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Got it, but this is an MMO TES game, which should facilitate grouping ... in all aspects.

If we wanted a single-player game that allowed no grouping in key dungeons, we've got every single TES game released prior to ESO from which to choose ... all without a subscription.

I group up everyday. I dont understand how you can say there is no grouping. I have never done a dungeon where I wasnt in a group. I dont even think that is possible unless you are 30 levels above it.

Do you mean unable to group in public dungeons? The impression I got was you didnt like the phasing system.
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I group up everyday. I dont understand how you can say there is no grouping in key parts of the game.

Added the bolded parts above for clarity, or unlike me are you able to group in main quest dungeons? If so, please inform me how.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

• jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I group up everyday. I dont understand how you can say there is no grouping in key parts of the game.

Added the bolded parts above for clarity, or unlike me are you able to group in main quest dungeons? If so, please inform me how.

Some parts of the game are solo only. A lot of mmos have this. I have run into very few of them personally. What are these "key" parts? Instead of being so vague can you give specific examples?
  • ptxrox
    ptxrox
    Soul Shriven
    Sorry but if you want a co-op skyrim you came to the wrong place. I guess you dont do the group dungeons, pvp or any of the other multiplayer activity?

The thing is that most dungeons in ESO are terribly boring. Some area cool, but an entire MMO can't run solely on a couple of nice dungeons (which you won't need to run twice because the game barely rewards you for doing so) and one single pvp zone. A game needs more cool stuff, outside farming areas, and the need to join other players for reasons other than simply doing dungeons. I'd like to help a friend of mine do a quest, or just go farming outside the city together to lvl him up. Especially considering this is mostly a questing game.

It gets dull. I'm not a big fan of WoW, but I can definitely appreciate the appeal it's got: The high-level enemies are extremely cool, the loot is amazing, the appearance of the items, especially weapons, makes you want to run raids and dungeons all day long for cool loot.
    And also the fact that it all feels epic. Like killing dragons and Fus-Ro-Dah'ing so strong you blow out an entire legion, or closing a daedra portal in Oblivion alone.
    ESO's dungeons don't feel epic when you do them, also to be honest the skills in ESO don't look and feel as powerful as they should be. The summoner's summons all look alike with different functions, etc.

So I need to get the main and wonderfully made quality of the game: the quests - in a Massive Multiplayer Game type of game. Meaning I should be able to do the questing with other people!
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some parts of the game are solo only. A lot of mmos have this. I have run into very few of them personally. What are these "key" parts? Instead of being so vague can you give specific examples?

Sure.
    1. The Main Quest instances
    2. Fighters Guild instances
    3. Mages Guild instances
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

• Hodorius
    Hodorius
    ✭✭✭
    I play that game with a friend...
    We are vet7 now and we did everything beeing in a group.

These three things pointed out above are about 1% of the game time we played.
    ptxrox wrote: »
    Everyone wanted a co-op Skyrim.
    Wrong. You wanted a co-op Skyrim. I did not and neither my friends.
    A co-op Skyrim is not possible as an MMO.
    There's no farming in the game. No simple pleasure of going around and killing monsters for awesome loot or just for the sake of it. This is what holds a MMO, the routine fighting and killing, not the main quest.

I HATE farming.
    I was the guilds main tank in WoW and raids (and whatever came after that) get boring after the 100th time. But they will not let you go that easily as they "need" you because there are only so few tanks.
    Finishing a hard dungeon the first time is great. There will be never a run as good as the first one ;)
    Farming is the worst thing a game can have and I am thankful this game does not force me into that.

Your thread title is misleading btw.
    You can share quests by pressing "F" but I know now that´s not what you ment.

Edited by Hodorius on May 3, 2014 3:33AM
  • Xaei
    Xaei
    ✭✭✭
    It's quite funny. This is a huge bother for me as well but then I got me to reflect on something: do we still actually play MMOs as a group?

I mean, we group up for raids and dungeons but outside of that...

I was a bit late to the party, so I levelled in GW2 on my own, and as far as I know of, so did most of my guild even though GW2 is probably the single most MP-encouraging MMO to be out in recent years. In fact, I tend to think we actually avoid playing with other people: in GW1, it was often argued that heroes wrecked the MP aspect of PvE because most people just took 'grouped' with NPC heroes if they can for any content instead of real players.

So, sorry for being a bit off topic, but thinking about it, would the game be any different for most people if they allowed you to group for quests?
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why can't you open the quest log and hit [share] to get each other on the same thing?

... or is that for something else?
    Edited by SeñorCinco on May 3, 2014 9:11AM
    Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
    Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• Citraka
    Citraka
    Umm, ok so i'm a few levels above my wife, and we cant group even for her quests because the places she needs to kill in I've already done , she sees monsters and npcs to kill i see guards siting around backslaping eachother over the victory.

Cant group content because one of you finished it ! might as well be a single player game at that point for your friend or in my case my wife.

Grouping is very poorly implemented, it kinda works IF you are both at the same point in the quest line and if its not an instance for the specific quest.

@ Senor, that works for some quests but as above if one of you already ran through it either solo or wit hother people you then cant even help in that quest area because it really doesnt exist for you anymore.

If i didnt get loot or exp when re running a quest it'd be a bit poor but would be preferable to me than the current setup where you cant even do it to help your group friends.

@Xaei Sure alot of people do group in MMos I play with my wife here, and in EQ we both grouped with a few regular friends to grind or quest whatever. The problem with ESO is it plays like a single player game with some grouping

What i mean is if youre following the progression the way they designed it, its done cant replay it cant go back with friends its just done and gone move on, like you would playing single player Call of duty or something.

Group dungeons take a fraction of the time to play through compred to the questing, theyre a tiny part of the real estate in the game world.

Yes TESO is an MMO cos theres lots of us online in the same game, but for us and quite a lot of others its missed the point.
  • ptxrox
    ptxrox
    Soul Shriven
    Why can't you open the quest log and hit [share] to get each other on the same thing?

So if I want to run quests with a friend of mine who started playing 1 day after I did I can't because I've already been through them? Why can't I quest twice and receive loot instead of XP? Or should I stop playing and wait for the exact moment he's in the exact same point in the story line so we could [snip] play together which is the reason I brought this game in the first place?

Who gives a crap about the crappy public dungeons? I brought this game to be able to quest with people, because TES is all about quests, and Online gaming is all about playing the game with other people.

TESO should be TES online, not TES with other people playing TES at the same time. Why would I need to see them running around then, if we can't cooperate or do anything interesting together?

The point is obvious. There HAS to be an option to do any quest, both instanced and not, together. You don't have to, if you don't want to, obviously, but when I log in to the game with my best friend I want to freaking play with him, not run around and wait for him to get to where I am in the storyline. It's so stupid.
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on May 4, 2014 1:52PM
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Sure.
    3. Mages Guild instances

Ive done all three completely. Had no issues whatsoever.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So if I want to run quests with a friend of mine who started playing 1 day after I did I can't because I've already been through them? Why can't I quest twice and receive loot instead of XP? Or should I stop playing and wait for the exact moment he's in the exact same point in the story line so we could [snip] play together which is the reason I brought this game in the first place?

Who gives a crap about the crappy public dungeons? I brought this game to be able to quest with people, because TES is all about quests, and Online gaming is all about playing the game with other people.

TESO should be TES online, not TES with other people playing TES at the same time. Why would I need to see them running around then, if we can't cooperate or do anything interesting together?

The point is obvious. There HAS to be an option to do any quest, both instanced and not, together. You don't have to, if you don't want to, obviously, but when I log in to the game with my best friend I want to freaking play with him, not run around and wait for him to get to where I am in the storyline. It's so stupid.

Well a TON of people like the game as it is. You are asking them to fundamentally change the entire game from the ground up. Honestly if you like WoW type MMOs why are you even here? Maybe start a new character to quest with your friend? I mean what you are really asking for is the ability to powerlevel people. Also I like how you blow off all the group content as "crappy".
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on May 4, 2014 1:53PM
  • Chryos
    Chryos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I see OPs point but people complain because they cant solo, so then they make solo content, then people complain because they cant group etc etc. An MMO is usually built from ground up as either a group only game or a solo (with real people), or if they really get it right, a good balance of both.

I group alot, but not ALL the time. It's a new game, Im sure those are things players talk about and that ZOE is working on.

You might be looking for something specific that you can play with just your wife, like you and her attached at the hip so to speak. For that, I'm not sure whats out there.

Join a good like minded guild, where you and her have good people to play with for the times when you cant always do the same thing at the same time.

Once you get up in ranks, like for adenture zones, I'm betting you have a whole zones worth of content to play together.

People complain alot about what ESO does or does not have, if you read others post, but they can only do so much at one time.

Personally, I'd give it some time. You could always build a crafting empire together in the meanwhile!
    If I am going to quote someone, it's going to be me.
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    I couldn't tell if your tone and harshness was directed at me, my question or the world... This is all I could get out of it to respond to.

I am asking if hitting the [share] option in the pulldown menu allows for this to be rectified. Even if you have completed the quest before your partner.

ZOS has publicly addressed this situation and I thought it was implemented in one of the patches.
    Citraka wrote: »
    @ Senor, that works for some quests but as above if one of you already ran through it either solo or wit hother people you then cant even help in that quest area because it really doesnt exist for you anymore.
    I need to look through some videos to find the statement form an interview and review the patch notes. Again, I thought the issue was resolved. Maybe they are just aware and still working towards a solution.

Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
    Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• Meogi
    Meogi
    This is why I brought the game!
    I understood that you can SP the game all the way to level 50. That's very cool! But what about the [snip] MP aspect of the game?? There is literally ZERO actual multiplayer content!

Why can't I decide that I want to do some of the quests with a friend of mine?
    If I can't, why would I buy the game? Everyone wanted a co-op Skyrim. Why didn't we get that? There is absolutely no point in going into groups besides when some enemy is too difficult, and even then most of the time it would be instanced and you won't be able to go in there with your group member.

WTF?! Seriously I am so disappointed...
    The game looks beautiful, quests are really great, so much potential... but where's the MMO? where are all the other players I should be seeing traveling the world just fighting monsters (and add some monsters and farm locations for god's sakes, it's mostly landscapes and butterflies... once again: it's an MMORPG!) and leveling up, finding cool items, forming groups to go questing\farming...

Please tell me something's gonna change, or I'm gonna be out really soon, and I've waited for this SO much...

Yes, there is solo content in this game. Why, you might ask.. Let's be honest, one reason could be that your everyone wanted a TES game, which has this thing called the main story.
    A MMO doesn't always have that (at least not those I've been playing recently), so we need this "you are special" to fulfil your needs for a TES game.
    (it is not what I looked for, by the way)

For group content: t's not ideal that we need to be on TS or whatever to quest with friends, so you make sure not to take adverse choices. You have sometimes to end a quest alone.

/feedback is our best friend.
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on May 4, 2014 1:56PM
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, folks. We want to let you know that, as Game Director Matt Firor mentioned in his recent post, we are actively working on our phasing and grouping in-game. We know it's frustrating when you can't see your group members due to a phasing issue, and appreciate your patience. Be sure to keep an eye on our patch notes to stay up-to-date with some of the fixes and changes we're making to ESO.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • 7788b14_ESO
    7788b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    If I talk friends into playing the game. I can't quest with them and show them around. I would have to create an alt. and start all over.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If I talk friends into playing the game. I can't quest with them and show them around. I would have to create an alt. and start all over.

You will far too high above their level anyways. I dont understand why people want to take high level characters into low level zones. Your friends will never learn to play if they have a high level killing everything in sight for them. Also what about immersion? I cleared an area killed the leaders etc yet boom somehow they are back?

Is it that big of a deal to have an alt?
  • EliteZ
    EliteZ
    ✭✭✭
    Why can't I quest twice and receive loot instead of XP? Or should I stop playing and wait for the exact moment he's in the exact same point in the story line so we could f***ing play together which is the reason I brought this game in the first place?

I'm sorry, but I don't think I've ever played a game that allows you to go back and repeat old quests for a second time. This is a STUPID idea. Hey I just killed this bandits leader and now they've all run away. Oh wait no, I've accepted the quest again and now the leader is alive and suddenly out of nowhere the town is full of the very same bandits I just sent fleeing.

Oh and the idea of rewarding you loot for completing a quest more than once isn't going to promote finding the easiest quest to repeat simply to farm items is it?
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EliteZ wrote: »
    Why can't I quest twice and receive loot instead of XP? Or should I stop playing and wait for the exact moment he's in the exact same point in the story line so we could f***ing play together which is the reason I brought this game in the first place?

I'm sorry, but I don't think I've ever played a game that allows you to go back and repeat old quests for a second time. This is a STUPID idea. Hey I just killed this bandits leader and now they've all run away. Oh wait no, I've accepted the quest again and now the leader is alive and suddenly out of nowhere the town is full of the very same bandits I just sent fleeing.

Oh and the idea of rewarding you loot for completing a quest more than once isn't going to promote finding the easiest quest to repeat simply to farm items is it?

Replay missions/quests isn't uncommon.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Rhoric
    Rhoric
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure.
    3. Mages Guild instances

Ive done all three completely. Had no issues whatsoever.

So you had another player come and help you defeat Mannimarco in Sancre Tor? As that is what you are saying.
  • Eris
    Eris
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey, folks. We want to let you know that, as Game Director Matt Firor mentioned in his recent post, we are actively working on our phasing and grouping in-game. We know it's frustrating when you can't see your group members due to a phasing issue, and appreciate your patience. Be sure to keep an eye on our patch notes to stay up-to-date with some of the fixes and changes we're making to ESO.

It is not that you cannot see your companion, there are some quests where your companion simply cannot participate, and that is what the OP is talking about.
    Side effects of reading messages on forums can cause nausea, head aches, spontaneous fits of rage, urination due to intense laughter, and sometimes the death of your monitor or other object in throwing range. If you find that you are reading forums more than 24 hours a day, please consult your nearest temporal physicist.
  • reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes, it would be nice to be able to have the same quest as your friend, even if there was no reward (as you already did it) at least you can see what they see (instanced together) and follow the quest commands and map markers. That way you can both or however many in your group be together and play together. help them out. I dont think you should get the same rewards if you already did it once, it would be exploitative.

i dont understand what you said about lack of farming areas, the place is full of farming areas if thats what youre into.
    Mama always said the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

He wants to group the three main solo lines in the game. So do I. Ive already done them twice. Id like to be able to help my terribad friend.

OP, dont feel too bad. Theyre adding nothing but group content for level cap! Which you cant do with just your wife, because the quests are balanced for four.

Garbage idea.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EliteZ wrote: »

Wow manages to ruin that town just fine for me when Im grouped with someone that hasnt saved it yet, but I have. Thats the point.

And they have repeatable quests but well not discuss dailies. *barf*