Emperor farming

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Simple. Take out all the buffs! its complete nonsense they are in the game to begin with! it should be a title you earned, nothing more. Then all these exploiters would be forced to actually PLAY PvP. A concept they cannot even consider
    Edited by Cody on June 30, 2014 5:12AM
    Options
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am actually curious how its even possible for the Emperor of Hopesfire to even have almost a million AP.

There is literally never any PvP there. None. Zero. Dead yellow only campaign. But for that emp to basically have as much AP as some of the high scorers on Wabba?

Fishy. Very fishy.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
    Options
  • kkravaritieb17_ESO
    kkravaritieb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its easy people from the other alliance stand still and he farms them for AP.
    EU Volendrung has also become an emperor farm and on the EU server it was the only campaign AD dominated for the buffs all the other dead campaigns are either DC or EP owned. The solution is easy remove the stupid former emperor buffs because thats what people farm along with the title.
    Member of the glorious Zerg Squad
    Rip Banana Squad

Lheneth -- Sorc PvP Rank 31
    Ellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 50 (No Bleaker's roleplaying involved)
    Smellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 28
    and many other chars

Options
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amusing stats.

Said Emperor - 850k AP
    Second place - 400k

First place DC - 130k
    Everyone else DC - under 100k

EP - not a single person has over 7k

It is not legitimately possible for Hopesfire NA's emperor to have that much AP.

Its not even subtle, its blatant that the person above me is probably nail on head. He has guildmates logging in DC alts and just farming them and probably keep defense ticks.

To put this into perspective, the most hotly contested campaign im on currently is Dawnbreaker, and the highest AP people have there is between 700k and 1.2 mil, and thats heavily contested with tons of huge battles involving scores of players. Hopesfire is completely dead and AD controlled 24/7
    Edited by Rylana on June 30, 2014 7:39AM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
    Options
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly what do you expect? It's PvP and people (like certain on Skull Crusher) are completely childish to levels beyond belief.

It's not about about the joys of playing against other players to heightened challenge, it's just about winning, exploiting, being cool and showing off to their friends.
    Edited by Rev Rielle on June 30, 2014 11:05PM
    If you can be anything, be kind.
    Options
  • Ghenra
    Ghenra
    ✭✭✭
    The emperor farming is one of worst "xploits" that I ever seen in TESO is very disappointing for the legal players.
    Options
  • RemiNatuRe
    RemiNatuRe
    ✭✭
    The emperor farming is one of worst "xploits" that I ever seen in TESO is very disappointing for the legal players.

You must be new here
    EU - Reminator Templar Heal Veteran 14 / Champion 140 (inactive march2014-june2015)
    NA - Alpha Remi - Nightblade Stamina DPS Champion 810 (active June 2017 -present)

PC

NA EP @AlphaRemi Active
    Options
  • Mountain_Dewed
    Mountain_Dewed
    ✭✭✭
    I'll just play with the group of friends I met and enjoy the game. If it comes to a point where I can't have fun anymore, I'll find something else.

If Emperor is that powerful, I don't think I would want. I don't enjoy killing with silverbolt/shards and this is the first time I ever had an advantage close to cheating/exploiting. I thought I would understand why people like to exploit after having this power but I still don't, it made me kinda sick to my stomach using the bolt because of how easy it is to kill some with. I am a vamp also so I had to carry it around for survival purposes.

(The silverbolt paragraph is only an example that I could come up with to help explain how I don't understand why people like these unfair advantages and find odd ways to get them.) I mean, I am old enough to know better than to try to understand why people do certain things but is more an explanation of how they can keep Emp if they want...

Options
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopesfire's Emperor has almost a million AP because he solo defends against around 10-20 DC attackers for a few hours every night. It is the same very persistent DC guild attacking each night, usually around the same time. EDIT TO ADD: Killing another player solo grants ~800-1000 AP. In addition, doing so near a keep grants a "defensive bonus" of all AP earned divided by to all allies in the keep. This means if he kills a player solo and there are no allies in the keep, he gets 2000 AP for each kill.

Secondly, Emperor "farming" does not happen on Hopesfire. Casuale has been our Emperor for almost 50 days straight now, having been dethroned once at exactly 40 days reign.

Hopesfire is Alacrity's home server. We strictly forbid exploiting as a guild, and we do not use DC or EP alt characters to farm AP. Our Wabbajack Emperors (Permared and Luvboard) have significantly more AP, and if Casuale wasn't busy defending Hopesfire, he would spend his time with them on Wabbajack. There is no point cheating to gain AP when you could gain more legitimately on another campaign. The only reason we are still on Hopesfire is because it was our home from day one, and we will always defend it.
    Edited by Tripwyr on June 30, 2014 12:51PM
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
    Options
  • aksyong
    aksyong
    ✭✭✭
    Tripwyr wrote: »
    We strictly forbid exploiting as a guild

I'd LOL literally.
    NA Daggerfall
    The Three Brothers
    安特卫普 - Antwerp
    意大利牧师 - Italian Priest
    Options
  • kkravaritieb17_ESO
    kkravaritieb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lucky you Tripwyr, Volendrung on EU server was the only campaign where AD could have all the bonuses from scrolls and emp for pve and trials but after the reset its flooded with emperor farmers, something that happens to all the empty campaigns on the EU except AB and maybe Bloodthorn which are the busiest. The former emperor buffs should be removed because if with the currect state of the game and mechanics in month half the players in game will be former emperors which is stupid.
    Member of the glorious Zerg Squad
    Rip Banana Squad

Lheneth -- Sorc PvP Rank 31
    Ellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 50 (No Bleaker's roleplaying involved)
    Smellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 28
    and many other chars

Options
  • lykan_spike
    lykan_spike
    ✭✭
    You blame the players... when the blame should be pointed at Zenimax. Mistake after Mistake made, clearly the people deciding PvP have no PvP game experience at all, have they even played other games to see what work's and what doesn't. Clearly not. Such a shame. Zenimax employee some people who know what to do and sack those who are clueless.

Simple.
    Options
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭
    NA Dawnbreaker isn't quiet anymore. Come join us there for some good fighting. EP has the numbers, DC is skilled and right now there are only a couple of regular and good-sized AD raids hitting back.
    Life of a Nightblade (Screenshot Tumblr)

Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
    Options
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aksyong wrote: »
    Tripwyr wrote: »
    We strictly forbid exploiting as a guild

I'd LOL literally.

I would like to hear which exploits you think we've utilized. We've been accused frequently, but nobody elaborates. We've had this policy since release, and it has never changed.

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
    Options
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Train2004 wrote: »
    Zenemax, please continue to ban the emperor farmers. I love watching entire raids disappear. Lol

Tripwyr, I was running with Guild Of Shadows. I watch Casual cheat his way thru fights. You talk about legitimate? You wouldn't even know the meaning of that word unless you googled it. Oh wait, here let me google it for you.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=legitimate

All for you bud. :P

Can you be more specific please? I've never seen Casuale cheat, unless you're one of the people who thinks Fire Ring is an "exploit" because it happens to be the strongest skill in the game.

We're a hardcore guild, we're always going to utilize the most powerful mechanics. We do not and have not ever cheated.

Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

Options
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the best Emperor farming campaign at EU now?
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
    Options
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know, it really wouldnt take much to prove that "DC guild" was full of alts of his guildmates right?

Nor do I believe for a second that he is solo defending an entire campaign. That is just [snip]. Ive been PvPing since early Beta. No one earns 600k AP in 24 hours on a dead campaign. No one.

Hes just mad someone was threatening his emperorship stranglehold when that one guy had 400k ap after two days, so he called up his buddies to farm off on to make sure he didnt lose it.

Excuses, playing ignorant, and damage control dont work on someone that has a clue about the truth on the ground. Ive been a hopesfire player on one of my toons since launch.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_LeroyW on June 30, 2014 6:59PM
    Options
  • strefilb14_ESO
    What I don't understand is this...if you hate them gaming the system so much and their deals involve 2 warring factions, why don't you just go out there and frikken stop them? Its a *** open pvp zone, stop bitching on the boards and go out and screw up their deals. Keep walls left open? REPAIR THEM. groups letting the other faction farm them? KILL THE OTHER FACTION'S FARMERS.
    You all act like you're powerless victims here. Its pvp, you don't like what someone is doing, end them.
    Edited by strefilb14_ESO on June 30, 2014 4:47PM
    Options
  • Krinaman
    Krinaman
    ✭✭✭
    What I don't understand is this...if you hate them gaming the system so much and their deals involve 2 warring factions, why don't you just go out there and frikken stop them? Its a *** open pvp zone, stop bitching on the boards and go out and screw up their deals. Keep walls left open? REPAIR THEM. groups letting the other faction farm them? KILL THE OTHER FACTION'S FARMERS.
    You all act like you're powerless victims here. Its pvp, you don't like what someone is doing, end them.

Because I want to PvP on an even playing field not be the PvP police...

Edited by Krinaman on June 30, 2014 4:56PM
    Options
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    You know, it really wouldnt take much to prove that "DC guild" was full of alts of his guildmates right?

Nor do I believe for a second that he is solo defending an entire campaign. That is just [snip]. Ive been PvPing since early Beta. No one earns 600k AP in 24 hours on a dead campaign. No one.

Hes just mad someone was threatening his emperorship stranglehold when that one guy had 400k ap after two days, so he called up his buddies to farm off on to make sure he didnt lose it.

Excuses, playing ignorant, and damage control dont work on someone that has a clue about the truth on the ground. Ive been a hopesfire player on one of my toons since launch.

Feel free to prove that then. Senior Fluffykins is the DC player I usually speak to when they are pushing the campaign. Zeromaz is a fairly familiar name too, he showed up last night after MIA for the last month or 2 of the last season.

You're right, he's not solo defending. There are about 5 non-Alacrity players who consistently help defend, and anytime the inner circle is threatened, we respond appropriately with additional guild members. Sero (3rd on the leaderboard) is his brother, who helps defend every night. Light You Up, Nivilaw and myself (Tripwyr Manawrath) also frequently assist when needed.

I'm tired of people defaming our guild with accusations of cheating or exploiting. Even when exploits are prevalent, we refuse to use them. Many of us have even gone as far as not PvPing at all when exploits are too prevalent to compete.

Casuale loses sleep and often sleeps on a messed up schedule because he needs to defend the campaign all night. He has done this for months, and he earned the longest uninterrupted reign in the game's history through dedication and sleep deprivation. Players such as yourselves who seek only to defame not only his hard work but our entire guild's hard work are despicable.

[Moderator Edit: Edited quote from moderated post.]
    Edited by ZOS_LeroyW on June 30, 2014 7:20PM

Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

Options
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There has never been enough actual PvP on hopesfire to justify an AP gain of that magnitude (especially for ONE person, why didnt the other "five" helpers also go up 600k in one day eh?) in such a short time.

I dont even dislike your guild but I will call you on your BS.

Whats funny is I remember quite clearly supporting you and yours the day Casuale lost emp last week. We were there doing all we could to stop Roe from falling, just to be met with resistance telling us to get out and go suicide vs a blue emperor group as a distraction.

We know what was really up, man. You guys had an amazing AP farm going and didnt want to share with anyone. You wouldnt invite anyone, you told everyone to leave so just you could get the points while we got wiped over and over by Bloodthorns guesting emperor group that YOUR GROUP should have been fighting.

We could have defended Roe just fine. Ever since I have had a serious beef with Alacrity because its plainly obvious your guild is completely selfish and isnt interested in actually working together as a faction.
    Edited by Rylana on June 30, 2014 5:19PM
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not give the "former emperor" buff to the player that is ranked #1/emperor at the time of a campaigns ending and not to everyone that temporarily held the position during the campaign? Let them only get the emp buff while being emp. Then, for the #2-10 place in the campaigns, give them some other really good reward that makes being close to getting emp worthwhile. (I would also only make former emp buff apply to players only in PvP (not PvE zones) and only in home campaign.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For reasons as to why emperor farming is "perfectly legit" please see the latest in scientific releases produced by the following research facility located here.

Edited by Armitas on June 30, 2014 6:15PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • Train2004
    Train2004
    Soul Shriven
    Tripwyr.

Sorry bud, but Your lying to yourself or your guild is lying to you on this one. Casual cheats, especially when he takes over 7K DPS and dosn't lose any health. I once screen shotted that and reported him for it, including all skills used when he wiped a 30man raid I was a part of.

No matter how you look at this one, Its not explainable.
    Edited by Train2004 on June 30, 2014 6:31PM
    Options
  • Gloran
    Gloran
    ✭✭
    There has never been enough actual PvP on hopesfire to justify an AP gain of that magnitude (especially for ONE person, why didnt the other "five" helpers also go up 600k in one day eh?) in such a short time.

Whats funny is I remember quite clearly supporting you and yours the day Casuale lost emp last week. We were there doing all we could to stop Roe from falling, just to be met with resistance telling us to get out and go suicide vs a blue emperor group as a distraction.

We know what was really up, man. You guys had an amazing AP farm going and didnt want to share with anyone. You wouldnt invite anyone, you told everyone to leave so just you could get the points while we got wiped over and over by Bloodthorns guesting emperor group that YOUR GROUP should have been fighting.

We could have defended Roe just fine. Ever since I have had a serious beef with Alacrity because its plainly obvious your guild is completely selfish and isnt interested in actually working together as a faction.

You are so full of BS trying to make us look bad on every occasion you have, coming up with fairy tales, trying to glorify yourself being ever present on every minor forum encounter, yet i have not seen you make any valid point just lack of comprehension over and over and over again. It disgusts me how disrespectful all the accusations are which you come up with.

Officer of Alacrity
    Niwilav - AD Sorc VR12
    Nivilaw - AD Nightblade VR12
    Options
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys comeon. You all have been here waaaay to long to know that this kind of thing is so not tolerated here.

You gotta keep this kind of thing to PMs and indirect insults.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
    Options
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gloran wrote: »

You are so full of BS trying to make us look bad on every occasion you have, coming up with fairy tales, trying to glorify yourself being ever present on every minor forum encounter, yet i have not seen you make any valid point just lack of comprehension over and over and over again. It disgusts me how disrespectful all the accusations are which you come up with.

Its your own actions that make you look bad. It disgusts me the level of unwarranted self importance your guild has to tell anyone "not in alacrity" that they may not be at the same keep you are at.

Sorry that we were stealing kills and screwing up your AP farm, deal with it. I was on my healer, for one thing, if anything I was carrying that keep, I never saw you guys do anything but sit on the flag anyway.

You dont tell me what to do, especially when its obvious that you were sending me on a fools errand for your own benefit.

Get out of the keep and go take down the bloodthorn emp that was preventing any backcaps, thats what you should have been doing.

Instead you sat on your collective asses and farmed bad zergers for AP.

I might have been there fighting/healing my hardest, but I was happy when the deposition occurred. Petty? Maybe, but after the zone chat fiasco with Hex trying to order everyone "off your turf" I didnt care anymore.

You were expecting everyone else to save emp for your guild while you guys benefitted from the AP farm while we did it. Not a chance.
    Edited by Rylana on June 30, 2014 6:55PM
    Options
  • Gloran
    Gloran
    ✭✭
    Completely oblivious too the exploit blaming i was adressing, bring up another topic instead, cut me some slack, get real.
    Officer of Alacrity
    Niwilav - AD Sorc VR12
    Nivilaw - AD Nightblade VR12
    Options
  • rwood0604_ESO
    rwood0604_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    They could have just set up Emp to be like in Aion were there are Generals and such based on how much ap one has and there is only one general which is who ever is at the top until someoene either passes them or the campign restarts but in Aion there is no former buffs and you only get extra hp and resorces for being Emp. I think if ZOS worked out something along those lines it would be better people could still farm if they wanted to but in the end only one person can have buffs at a time, so there would be no former Emp buff farming issues.
    Options
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gloran wrote: »
    Completely oblivious too the exploit blaming i was adressing, bring up another topic instead, cut me some slack, get real.

Ive been to oil parties, ive been to scroll camps, ive been to huge sieges of 100+ attackers.

Ive never seen a 600k single night AP farm, ever.

If it had been 200-300k I might not have ever noticed, but this is just blatant. He went from being 200k behind the leader, to more than double the leader, on a dead campaign, in less than 24 hours, when there is no EP presence, like 3 guys for daggerfall... and supposedly he had help from five people that didnt get the AP too?

BS.
    Options