Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

To all people who make posts like "my class sucks at xxxxx, way worse then class xxxxx"

• Talmet
    Talmet
    ✭✭✭
    Jarnhand wrote: »
    A NB should be king of single target damage, but should also be a soft target.

What?

Where did the dev's say that NBs should be the king of single target damage?!?! I agree they should be very good, if not the best, at burst single target damage. But sustained single target damage? Why? I also like that you kept adding weapons/armor for the other classes, but didn't do that for the NB. So apparently, you think that a NB with a resto staff should be the king of single target damage?
    A sorc with desto staff should be king of area damage, but should also be a soft target.

Sorc should be the king of area damage? I guess that sucks for DK's ardent flame skill line, it's apparently a complete waste...as is Templar's Dawn wrath line...
    A templar with resto staff should be king of healing, and should have medium to good survivability.

Templar's class heals are very nice, though sorc & NB healers have some very nice tricks as well.
    A DK with heavy armor and shield should be king of tanking, and should be hard to kill, but neither have best single target or area damage.

Again, I like how you added armor/shield to this. If DK's are the king of tanking, why do Templar's have passives that boost blocking? Is that just a complete waste of a passive with no use in group settings? Seems odd to me...What about the Templar skill blazing shield? It creates a damage shield equal to 30% of max health, & is boosted when taking damage...another complete waste? And their passive that increases spell resist, another waste? I could describe the tanking skills/passives from sorc & NB as well...but hopefully you get the point.

-Anyone in light armor is a soft target & good with magicka skills.
    -Anyone in medium armor is a medium target & good with stamina skills.
    -Anyone in heavy armor is a hard target & in the future will be good with ultimates (according to the recent Q&A they are adding that in the future).

Class skills are nice & offer unique things to the class. Why you think that should completely rule what play style the person has seems very odd though. atm many weapon skills need some looking at, and many class skills need some looking at...but if for example a NB & a DK could both be awesome tanks, it wouldn't make the NB & DK class be pointless, because they both tank in different ways.
  • Theron75
    Theron75
    ✭✭
    A sorc with desto staff should be king of area damage, but should also be a soft target.
    A templar with resto staff should be king of healing, and should have medium to good survivability.
    A DK with heavy armor and shield should be king of tanking, and should be hard to kill, but neither have best single target or area damage.

Just accept that the classes are made for different purposes, they can not all be equally good at everything!

Because you think all ESO classes should be based on WoW.
    These boards clearly shows that some people do not understand this, when they make threads like NBs not being as good tanks as DKs or do as good area damage as Sorcs. (Just two examples.)

I agree, these boards are fully of people who don't understand...and with your post, you have become their poster child. Your post was so full of fail, it was difficult to narrow it down to the summary above.

Edited by Theron75 on May 10, 2014 4:36PM
  • AltusVenifus
    AltusVenifus
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree completely. All classes should be able to excel at any roll. To me that means comparable skills. I don't mean identical, I mean the NB class should have a comparable ULT to standards, and DK should have a comparable escape to SORCs. Play how you want, and PVP requires equally powerful skill in each class.
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uviryth wrote: »
    After reading some of the threads in this forum I found out the following facts (according to the community)

Templar is underpowered
    Sorcerer is pigeonholed and underpowered
    DK is underpowered and looks bad while being underpowered
    Nightblade is undepowered, pigeonholed and bugged

Yeah, sounds about right for a mmo-community.

lol that means in a weird kinda a way, its actually balanced B)

• nastymeat
    nastymeat
    Soul Shriven
    Why is this discussion in class builds? I smell a troll
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Uviryth wrote: »
    After reading some of the threads in this forum I found out the following facts (according to the community)

Templar is underpowered
    Sorcerer is pigeonholed and underpowered
    DK is underpowered and looks bad while being underpowered
    Nightblade is undepowered, pigeonholed and bugged

Yeah, sounds about right for a mmo-community.
    The only one I agree with is "Nightblade is undepowered, pigeonholed and bugged", I can play the other three quite easily, but Nightblade is a Nightmare.

Edit; @Uviryth I realise you are only pointing out what others have said, and these are not your own views
    Edited by AlexDougherty on May 12, 2014 5:56PM
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Jarnhand
    Jarnhand
    ✭✭✭
    nastymeat wrote: »
    Why is this discussion in class builds? I smell a troll

No trolling, just trying to make people think a little bit before claiming/expecting one class to be able to do everything = they are the same = boring = dead game.

• Mucera78
    Mucera78

[/quote]

I disagree completely, NB are some of the best tanks, they can area damage well with staff and their class buffs and if specced assassin/shadow can single target damage well.

A Sorc can tank/ae/stdps, a dk can do it and a templar can .... whatever a templar does :)

Classes are just flavor, they should all be able to fulfill every role. Of course some will be better in some situations, a templar for raid healing maybe or a dk for really hard hitting bosses because of ultimate.

But to say that nb is single target softie, dk is the wall of steel and so on is the complete opposite of how the game was advertised, how i play it and how i think it should be.