The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would you be willing to break lore?

• Moon-and-Star
    Moon-and-Star
    ✭✭
    No. (Stick to lore)
    I wouldn't mind seeing some dragons or dwemer as others have stated there are a few dragons left and one dwemer. But other then those I think we shouldn't see any others.
    Rayadrel wrote: »
    The lore in this game is already broken beyond repair.
    The Soulburst? Yeah funny how no history books mention this other Oblivion invasion that happened.

If anything they could blame that on a dragon break.

Options
  • DewiMorgan
    DewiMorgan
    ✭✭✭
    No. (Stick to lore)
    Seems to me that these things could be in the game, given that the game has time travel and ghosts, either of which could allow you to meet them.
    So, yes, you could meet dragons and Dwemer; and no, you couldn't have them as a pet. Which works out nicely.
    Edited by DewiMorgan on June 9, 2014 4:01AM
    Options
  • RekkaAtsuma
    RekkaAtsuma
    Soul Shriven
    No. (Stick to lore)
    ES Lore isn't just some book written in paper and pencil you can erase and rewrite. ES Lore is an accounting of a hugely vast and captivating world. Would any of you break our IRL history just to make something sound more awesome or etc?
    Sadly there are indeed some of you crazy folk out there that would...

I don't want the lore broken at all...but I'll be utterly honest i wished they'd have chosen something else other than the Tamriel Alliance War Lore to set the game in. Why you ask? War isn't my thing, heck even PVE i die a lot...so the fact that a good 4th of the game's enjoyment comes from the Tamriel-at-war lore hurts me a little, but beggars cannot be choosers.

~Unity is Strength~
    ~~Sqawk~~
    Options
  • ShadowWolf613
    ShadowWolf613
    ✭✭✭
    No. (Stick to lore)
    Realistically they could do anything they want to the game and blame it on a dragon break. :P but they won't
    Options
  • Chryos
    Chryos
    ✭✭✭✭
    YES!! (i.e. I want Dragons and Dwemmer )
    If we stick to the lore then nothing new, exciting or different can happen? Yes? No?

Ask yourself though if you will be playing this in 3 to 5 years, and if yes, what are you going to want to see, that's new, in the future of the game?
    If I am going to quote someone, it's going to be me.
    Options
  • RangerChad
    RangerChad
    ✭✭✭
    No. (Stick to lore)
    I don't want them to add anything too crazy. However IF they did break lore, then it should be no further than some stuff like chess and card games, or some small visual things.
    Edited by RangerChad on June 10, 2014 2:14PM
    Options
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. (Stick to lore)
    there is no need to break lore....

You can still have a few dragons and Dwemer around... its been proven that at least a couple dragons had survived all the way up to the early third era, and that some of the dwemer had managed to avoid whatever wiped their kind out.. (you can talk to a "living" one in Morrowwind)
    Speaking of lore and dragons, did they remember to put the dragon burial mounds in Skyrim areas? They should be there.

the mounds are there, but the Dragon walls (which were more or less toomstones written in the dragon language) are all missing
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
    Options
  • Chryos
    Chryos
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just want to fight a dragon, you cant have fantasy without dragons, I'm jus' sayin.
    Options
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No. (Stick to lore)
    Nooo. If you want dragons then you can play Skyrim. As for the Dwemer, I can only see them being part of the game if a big group of them return and say that they didn't disappear, they were just having a big tea party over in Akavir.
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
    Options
  • Chryos
    Chryos
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Stovahkiin lol, I know , I know I have to try... They should have set this game further back in the past maybe tho.
    Options
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No. (Stick to lore)
    I know someone above mentioned seeing Paarthurnax, which I think might be interesting, but other than that I can't see other ways for there to be any dragons. Although I'm pretty sure there might still have been a couple of dragons alive. I think I read a book in Skyrim where one guy said he found a dragon near Red Mountain after it erupted or something, but I may be wrong about that.
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
    Options
  • Chryos
    Chryos
    ✭✭✭✭
    I personally like Paarthurnax, at least I hope he will be making an appearance as maybe a quest npc or giver. You know ZOS has plans or a timeline for ideas so it's pretty exciting to see what the future holds.
    Options
  • scriber
    scriber
    undecided (comment)
    If it's for playability purposes (i.e. making things more fun, sensible, balanced, etc) I am 100% for it.

I have mixed feelings about breaking lore for the heck of it. But I also believe that just about anything can be worked through with clever (or heavy handed, hah) writing. There's a lot of time travel themes in this game so there's no reason why a whole section/area/storyline/whatever couldn't be themed on that and thus open up parts of the lore that are currently not there/different due to the time frame the game storyline is occurring in. Lore is, after all, made up and with enough skill you can do pretty much whatever you like (some might disagree with the result, but you can certainly do it)
    Options
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No. (Stick to lore)
    They should stick to the lore but really are not in some areas. As someone else pointed out the Dragon Walls are missing, which is disappointing. Also a quest sent you to a Nordic Barrow and you ended up facing a Dragon Priest, the same place was in Skyrim but this time around in ESO you defeated a different Dragon Priest who ruled over that barrow, without some explanation. Now you could definitely write some stuff in to make that not as confusing but still a little disappointing. I could go on and on but I shall spare y'all lol.

They could still have dragons and Dwemer in the game and have in lore friendly maybe via time travel... like some others quests already in the game, I am not sure Bethesda would want them to touch anything Dwemer though... saving any reveal or lore-adding stuff for them.
    Edited by OtarTheMad on June 16, 2014 7:36PM
    Options
  • Immortal_Wombat
    No. (Stick to lore)
    ESO isn't a fun game to RP in. I refer to lore as RP.
    Options
  • pierceoftheender
    undecided (comment)
    It is possible for the dragons to fly over from akavari and start battling them in eso already and have talos finish them off(cuz hes dragonborn) 200 years later
    I HATE MONDAS
    A horse walked into a bar. Several people got up and left as they spotted the potential danger in the situation.
    Options
  • nicholaspingasb16_ESO
    nicholaspingasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. (Stick to lore)
    No. The main story is already on thin ice, and so many things in this game have had to be explained away by zenimax.
    Sanguine's Beta Tester

Options
  • nicholaspingasb16_ESO
    nicholaspingasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. (Stick to lore)
    As for the time period, in a few hundred years of fighting, Tamriel will pick up the nickname Arena; that's the game you have to worry about ESO bumping into - but Arena is .. how many hundreds of years in the future? A couple thousand?
    -
    about 800 years.
    Sanguine's Beta Tester

Options
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    undecided (comment)
    Technically you are not breaking lore by introducing a small amount of dragons. ESP if "Time travel" is involved somehow....
    Indeed it is so...
    Options