Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Zenimax, when are you going to address the problems with veteran armor aesthetics?

Arsenic_Touch
Arsenic_Touch
✭✭✭✭✭
Pretty much all veteran gear looks great when it's first created but once you upgrade to a higher rarity it starts looking worse and worse, as if they didn't even finish the models. Daedric armor is a perfect example of higher rarity gear looking terrible compared to the lower rarity gear. It looks washed out.

Is the dye system you mentioned in the down the road post your way of fixing this glaring problem, if so, better implement it yesterday.
Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
"Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
"Fear can claim what little faith remains."
"Death will take those who fight alone."
"But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cosmetic problems are "glaring" and need fixing 'yesterday' as a priority over bugs that prevent progress, bots that are rampaging all over Tamriel, problems causing program crashes, server rollbacks, etc.

Really?

If how your character LOOKs is the biggest problem you think exists then I'm happy for you, I wish I was there with you.

I don't doubt the gear models may not be ideal but if you're at the levels where this is an issue then there are way, way more people with far more serious problems that are more in need of ZOSs limited development resources than you I would suggest.
    Edited by KerinKor on May 7, 2014 10:01AM
  • netsike
    netsike
    ✭✭✭
    It's not that it's the bigges problem and it needs to be changed asap, but I agree, veteran armors look crappy. I was running around yesterday in Grathwood, saw an awesome looking armor, then I saw the guy is lvl33... I craft myself V5 bretor armor, and it's green...Refine it, still green. Make it blue, still green. Like this we look like lvl3 players with crafted white gear... And what Arsenic said: mostly they just look worse after refinement...
    Edited by netsike on May 7, 2014 10:03AM
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No where in my post did I say anything about it being the biggest problem, nor did I imply it. This post wasn't directed at anyone other than zenimax so take those pennies else where.

By the way, these aesthetic problems may not be important to you but there are a lot of players that it is important to and it needs to be addressed.
    Edited by Arsenic_Touch on May 7, 2014 10:04AM

• netsike
    netsike
    ✭✭✭
    Let me make an example, what is my personal problem:

Breton lvl 4 light armor:
    Breton-Homespun-Female-Front-4.png

Breton VR2 light armor:
    Breton-Kresh-Female-VR2-Normal.jpg

Breton lvl 44 light armor:
    Breton-Spidersilk-Male-Front-44.png

Why does the lvl44 look better than V2? :(
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't hate me but I prefer the VR2 ;)

That said, I agree that they should roll out the Dye´s soon.
  • Dalriaden
    Dalriaden
    ✭✭✭
    vr10 daedric is baby diarrhea green and heavy looks like leather...and it looks great before you increase the quality lol. Oh well, will be dropping it for vr 12 before to much longer.
  • gladen5rwb17_ESO
    gladen5rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Having dyes will not change the fact that the armor has not texture depth (can't recall what that is called in coding). There is no detail, the color is pastel pallet, no shine, not gleam, not stunning. I have stated this before and was told it was not important.

Well vanity is a human trait and I sure don't want to look like I am in level 3 armors when I get to Veteran levels. In fact, only level 3 armors should look washed out as an incentive to gain more levels to get the better looking armor.

Anyone who disagrees needs to reconsider why players put so much time and effort into bettering their characters. It is not just skills and the learning curve we improve in but how we look as well.
  • netsike
    netsike
    ✭✭✭
    I have another beautiful example:

Daedric Voidsteel VR9-10 Fine: (green)

Daedric-Voidsteel-Male-VR9-10-Fine-Front.jpg

Daedric Voidsteel VR9-10 Superior: (blue)
    Yea, it looks this crappy after refinement... :neutral_face:

Daedric-Voidsteel-Male-VR9-10-Superior-Front.jpg
  • mark2472
    mark2472
    ✭✭✭
    Dang, that difference in VR10 deadric armor is crazy! I'd be upset, too, if I upgraded my armor and it made it look like crap. I'm not in the veteran ranks yet, so it doesn't effect me now, but I still want this looked into for when I get there!
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just wear a costume over the top.
  • netsike
    netsike
    ✭✭✭
    What costume? The quest costumes or the VR2/VR6/VR10 ones, what everyone is wearing? :D
  • b101uk
    b101uk
    ✭✭✭
    netsike wrote: »
    I have another beautiful example:

Daedric Voidsteel VR9-10 Fine: (green)

Daedric-Voidsteel-Male-VR9-10-Fine-Front.jpg

Daedric Voidsteel VR9-10 Superior: (blue)
    Yea, it looks this crappy after refinement... :neutral_face:

Daedric-Voidsteel-Male-VR9-10-Superior-Front.jpg

On the other hand, which do you think an opposing alliance player may miss at a distance if given a fleeting glance of you in a PvP Zone which is primarily shades of greens and greys?
  • netsike
    netsike
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think ppl want to "camouflage" themselves with a bad looking armor just to hide better in the bushes... And if you are not crouching (=hidden), they see your alliance emblem and healthbar. :D Trees and bushes don't have health.
  • netsike
    netsike
    ✭✭✭
    Or check this out: first is an unrefined (white) ebonthread lvl46-50 armor, the second one is a VR10 superior (blue) one...

Lvl 46-50 normal: (supershiny and fancy)
    Khajiit-Ebonthread-Female-Front.png

VR10 superior: (looks like a grandma's nightwear)
    Khajiit-Silverweave-Male-VR8-Superior-Front.png
  • Markethemetalheadb14_ESO
    I wouldn't mind if they added motif costumes you could craft.

There could be one for each tier of armor. For example, "Imperial Heavy Calcinium costume". I understand that v1 Calc. and v3 Calc are different colors.. but we have to start somewhere.

Have the mats be what you would have used to craft the whole set of armor anyways? I dunno. Just something I'd like to see that would help us with this little problem... Outside of straight transmogging or an appearance tab, of course - But I realize those are just pipe dreams.
  • Berserkerkitten
    Berserkerkitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    Cosmetic problems are "glaring" and need fixing 'yesterday' as a priority over bugs that prevent progress, bots that are rampaging all over Tamriel, problems causing program crashes, server rollbacks, etc.

Really?

If how your character LOOKs is the biggest problem you think exists then I'm happy for you, I wish I was there with you.

I don't doubt the gear models may not be ideal but if you're at the levels where this is an issue then there are way, way more people with far more serious problems that are more in need of ZOSs limited development resources than you I would suggest.

Yes, because the team which is in charge of armor models and textures should fix crashes and get rid of the bots, right?
    Nobody cares about your endless list of terribly-named characters.
  • netsike
    netsike
    ✭✭✭
    We will see, maybe they change it with the patch with the dyes.
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, because the team which is in charge of armor models and textures should fix crashes and get rid of the bots, right?

But their resources are like totally being spread thin so they have to take the janitor and have him working on bug fixes. /coughs - Sorry, had a Defiance flashback.

I always find it amusing when people seem to think that the people working at zenimax all work on the same things and that the company can't multitask.

• babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What costume? The quest costumes or the VR2/VR6/VR10 ones, what everyone is wearing? :D

Find one you like.
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's see if we can get an official response.

• Bangstin
    Bangstin
    ✭✭✭

Wonder what people are expecting them to say? Armor looks is an matter of opinion.
    Personally i prefer simplistic armors and realistic colours in gear so i don't think vr gear should be all shiny colours with bling bling on top.

• Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bangstin wrote: »

Wonder what people are expecting them to say? Armor looks is an matter of opinion.
    Personally i prefer simplistic armors and realistic colours in gear so i don't think vr gear should be all shiny colours with bling bling on top.

Irrelevant. This isn't about personal taste. Higher rarity gear loses detail. I really doubt that was their intent, otherwise they need to fire whoever designed their armor models.

• Bangstin
    Bangstin
    ✭✭✭

Irrelevant. This isn't about personal taste. Higher rarity gear loses detail. I really doubt that was their intent, otherwise they need to fire whoever designed their armor models.

Irrelevant , that's how gear artists roll, they give a gear different colour and call it a new set. A familiar practice from other games.
    The gear doesn't lose detail in itself , details just don't show up as well with single colour theme.

• LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In all honesty, I am really disappointed in so much green. I for one am not a green color fan except for military attire and plants......lol This is why I do not care to spend enormous amounts of money on the higher motifs right now. I could care less and if I loot one then great, but makes no difference to me until this is fixed or they come out with dyes. I just don't see a nice set of VR10 Daedric, Primal etc in a dull, boring green. It is like they forgot to finish it before release. Where is the nice black and red Daedric that is so traditional? They don't have to have a lot of bling, but at least give us a better color choice and a little more sheen so it looks more vibrant. I mean the lower level colors are so much nicer that I will continue with Bomer, Bretan, Dunmer etc.
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or check this out: first is an unrefined (white) ebonthread lvl46-50 armor, the second one is a VR10 superior (blue) one...

Ok at this one I fully agree. Kitty doesn't look to happy about its look either :(
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Audigy wrote: »

Ok at this one I fully agree. Kitty doesn't look to happy about its look either :(

I couldn't help but laugh.....yeah that cat is looks pretty grumpy and I don't blame him. Grandma's nightwear :D

• Irissa
    Irissa
    ✭✭
    This is an issue which really needs to addressed - VR armor is totally backwards with white quality looking way better than even Legendary, and lower ranked armor looking even better than that.

Having armor dyes has no relevance to the problem - the armor is not right, even the character creation screen shows awesome, fancy VETERAN level gear - and in reality we have super ugly colors/finishes and no choice but to wear a costume to cover it all up.

It would be really nice to know when this is going to be fixed.
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irissa wrote: »
    This is an issue which really needs to addressed - VR armor is totally backwards with white quality looking way better than even Legendary, and lower ranked armor looking even better than that.

Having armor dyes has no relevance to the problem - the armor is not right, even the character creation screen shows awesome, fancy VETERAN level gear - and in reality we have super ugly colors/finishes and no choice but to wear a costume to cover it all up.

It would be really nice to know when this is going to be fixed.

Amen.

• netsike
    netsike
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like I have to post this, cause it really made me feel like WTF... This is a VR10 daedric light armor! (poor Grumpy Khajiit is back...) The fine version looks much better, than the epic. Why? :/

VR10 daedric - fine (green):
    Daedric-Shadowspun-Male-VR10-Fine-Front.png

VR daedric - epic (purple):
    Daedric-Shadowspun-Male-VR10-Epic-Front.png
  • Origin
    Origin
    ✭✭✭
    come on guys. The problem has been addressed. Why do you think that we have now these horrendous repair bills? This way nobody will have gold / crafting resources to get any armor above normal quality.

See? Problem fixed.. :smiley: