Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [EXTENDED] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 4:00PM EDT (20:00 UTC)

50 feed cap on horses is not declared anywhere ingame.

• Demonsmaw
    Demonsmaw
    cfurlin wrote: »
    Third, levels in this game cap at 50 (character level, skills) and somehow you couldn't figure out that horses do the same?

I figured that out after I fed my horse for the second time.

Isn't his issue that this isn't stated anywhere in-game? Sure people can "figure it out" but its really only a guess until it's actually confirmed.
    Veteran Dark Elf Nightblade initially working for the Ebonheart Pact.
    A wanderlust adventurer with no desire for empire-ship.
    Pact Hero, Covenant Hero, Master Wizard, Fighters Guild Victor
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    /boggle
    The arrogance, presumptuousness and pompous tone of every post you make is astonishing.

I truly feel sorry for you.
    Edited by SeñorCinco on May 5, 2014 5:00AM
    Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
    Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• nopressure
    nopressure
    Soul Shriven
    Medwin wrote: »
    You have your normal horse which is 17k, the horse you buy for money are equal to those horses. As for horses getting to only 50 while the number is not obvious, but did you really think they leveled forever? How unfair would that be if a year from now there are people with 300+ buffs on their horse and other folks are just trying to get into the game.
    + and imagine how fast it would be, or other horse stats.
    + lvl 5 player nicely explore Tamriel, suddenly FLUFFF, something flashes near him. What the hell was that?! he nervously wonders. O dont worry, its just vet 20 horse rides by:)

Edited by nopressure on May 5, 2014 5:47AM
  • Demonsmaw
    Demonsmaw
    Anyway...I'd rather have a rideable dragon....
    Veteran Dark Elf Nightblade initially working for the Ebonheart Pact.
    A wanderlust adventurer with no desire for empire-ship.
    Pact Hero, Covenant Hero, Master Wizard, Fighters Guild Victor
  • DewiMorgan
    DewiMorgan
    ✭✭✭
    First, I didn't say all the bars fill up, I said when they fill up with color..

It's impossible to make even one of the bars "fill up" with color, even with the most expensive horse.

Unless you are using "fill up" to mean "become fuller, but not actually fill up"?
  • Keffertjes
    Keffertjes
    ✭✭
    free 2 play in 6 months
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The cap is needed , otherwise , eventually horses would be just ... broken.

How the cap is done , that can be up to discussion.

Either they cap it like it is right now , which is 50 lvls over the "base horse".

Or , they add a hard cap to the attribute itself. So the horse can only get up to 50 in each attribute for an example.

That is my opinion on this atleast, personally , i dont care which one zen pick.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • bugulu
    bugulu
    ✭✭✭
    Why would a horse that cost mere 1 gold if you have the Imperial Edition or a horse which you can buy from the store be as good as a horse that cost close to 50 000 gold?
    Edited by bugulu on May 5, 2014 11:03AM
  • sevcik.miroslaveb17_ESO
    Do not be harsh on him. I knew that imp horse isnt the best horse, still I wanted it.

Cap I only assumed is level 50 based on character cap. Tooltips are bad and that is a fact. It should warn you about cap so you feed it wisely.

As for horse differenece. Do you really believe 10 more inventory space or 15% more speed is worth it? I personaly don't. It may be advantage after 2 month when you have speed maxed. Guild with such horses would be very effective in cyrodiil. But that is the only area where it matters.
  • david271749
    david271749
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sticking with my imperial. There are better things to spend my gold on than a 10% faster horse.
  • Creepsley
    Creepsley
    ✭✭✭
    its common knowledge that the palamino and the imperial wold most likely not be as good as the ones bought ingame, simply cause the stated that there would be nothing bought for real cash that would make you have an upper hand in anything, (p2w) and i could say that it is just as good but since it has some already located it cant be maxed in speed or stamina or bags, dont remember what stats it has some of from before, but i would think that you could max the stat it has some of from start though.
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it declared anywhere in game that the character level or skills cap out at 50?

Cause that's what the horses do (it even says "level" on the feeding screen).

Why anyone would assume or guess that it goes above 50 when nothing else does, is completely beyond me.
  • RustyBlades
    RustyBlades
    ✭✭✭
    The 47k horses seem to have the same stats as the $15 horses, but I can accept being wrong. Let's wiki since the NA server is down.. teso.gamepedia.com/Horse

And if the numbers are right you can get speed, endurance, or pack mule abilities for the 47k pwonies! l33t. Anyways, I'd guess level the basic $15 horse until you can save the 47k and get the in-game pwnoies!

But I agree, the level 50 cap isn't enunciated anywhere, but the logic is there to see that the level cap is 50 for characters and no one wants to be taken for a ride by a horse 10+ levels higher than they are... anywho, I imagine the expansions will allow the opwisen to be leveled in line with the increased level caps from the expansions.
  • MaGicBush
    MaGicBush
    ✭✭✭
    I am not sure if this was mentioned as I don't have time to read 4 pages, but you do realize it states that in the tutorial pop-up right? I know this as I just bought a horse a few days ago and the stable pop-up tutorial mentioned the max to be 50 times.
  • Eris
    Eris
    ✭✭✭✭
    OMG I can't believe that there are limits on horses. Are you are going to tell me that level is limited too! What about storage space, is that limited? I can't believe this, what are we playing Elder Scrolls Online Limited?

I was going to eat breakfast but I realized that I only have a finite number of plates, so I think I'll just quit eating. That'll show whoever made the decision that you could only have a finite number of plates and only so much space on my dragon elfin shelf. The plate industry is losing another customer today, oh and the shelf makers can suck it too unless they find a way to add infinite space into them by the time I need to buy new shelves!

Oh, and one more thing, shelves are too expensive so they need to address that too by the time I buy new shelves. Back when I first started playing Real Life the Role Playing Game shelves were realistically priced, but now they are more expensive, people blame it on the economy but if people were nicer then the economy wouldn't be like this... I mean seriously... crafters need to charge less for their stuff. It's not like they can't just walk out, cut down some trees and make cheaper shelves right?

Elf it, I think I'm going to stop subscribing to Real Life the RPG and just do the F2P version of that game. I mean there hasn't been a real content upgrade since I created my toon. Sure the devs have changed the names of some of the countries and there is an awful lot of PVP but where's the new content. They have been promising the Mars upgrade since like 1970.

Of course I need to remember to upgrade my ESO horse today too, cause I'm still trying to find the inventory limit, only up to 100 bank, 108 personal. I'm hopeful that this rant will show ESO Devs that they need to get more content with more storage and more everything faster than they possibly can because we the forum posters DEMAND it! Yeah, I used all upper-case for a word... and if you don't like it you can elf it too!
    Side effects of reading messages on forums can cause nausea, head aches, spontaneous fits of rage, urination due to intense laughter, and sometimes the death of your monitor or other object in throwing range. If you find that you are reading forums more than 24 hours a day, please consult your nearest temporal physicist.
  • ZomZom
    ZomZom
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone provide a cite that there is a cap of 50 feedings? Common knowledge without a cite isn't knowledge at all.
  • SuperScrubby
    SuperScrubby
    ✭✭✭
    http://teso.mmorpg-life.com/mounts-elder-scrolls-online/

While technically a wiki site isn't common knowledge I found the site through the forums when this game first launched as well as multiple threads in the beta forums.

So while it's not "common" knowledge it was still fairly easy to find and accessible. It just wasn't disseminated by ZM.
  • methjester
    methjester
    ✭✭✭
    http://teso.mmorpg-life.com/mounts-elder-scrolls-online/

While technically a wiki site isn't common knowledge I found the site through the forums when this game first launched as well as multiple threads in the beta forums.

So while it's not "common" knowledge it was still fairly easy to find and accessible. It just wasn't disseminated by ZM.

That's not common knowledge at all. Also, I can't think of a time in any game past or present where I needed to look up a wiki on mount rules. I don't mind not knowing things in this game, but they seriously need some tooltips.
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Paying 25k more for a 8.33 days headstart would be stupid, people should use their common sense
    Why people need handholding for everything?
    Edited by Malediktus on May 5, 2014 5:36PM
    @Malediktus --- Ebonheart Pact, EU-Megaserver
  • Pyatra
    Pyatra
    ✭✭✭
    Edit: Already stated repeatedly, redacting.
    Edited by Pyatra on May 5, 2014 5:45PM
  • Kiash
    Kiash
    ✭✭✭
    Wow! I did not know this at all, it was never mentioned anywhere in game at all. I have wasted so much money feeding my Imperial steed if this is the case, like, thousands upon thousands of gold.

This is really a kick in the butt ZOS. These tool tip issues need to be ironed out and fast, I'm extremely disappointed if I can't max out my stats on a mount!
  • Thunder
    Thunder
    ✭✭✭
    Whether or not horses 'cap' at 50 is entirely irrelevant. People love to point out that characters cap at 50, however, upon reaching the level 50 "cap" which isn't even really the cap, all skill lines are still able to be progressed. You do not get to level 50 and then wherever your ability levels are, that is where they remain for all time.

Neither is the case for horses. A horse that starts out at 25% and is then fed apples 50 times only reaches 75% speed. If 75% speed is the maximum attainable speed for horses in game, then it would in all actuality be 100% speed, making the current 100% speed 125%. Therefore horses will be able to be fed more than 50 times, if that is not currently the case, it is a bug and will be fixed.
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thunder wrote: »
    Therefore horses will be able to be fed more than 50 times, if that is not currently the case, it is a bug and will be fixed.

You really think horses leveling to 50 is a bug that will be fixed?

Are skills that level to 50 a bug too, in your opinion?
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If 75% speed is the maximum attainable speed for horses in game, then it would in all actuality be 100% speed

I don't think so, the 75% speed means its a 75% increase of speed over your current run speed.
  • Thunder
    Thunder
    ✭✭✭
    Shimond wrote: »
    You really think horses leveling to 50 is a bug that will be fixed?

I'm sorry you were unable to understand the part where I said the level cap of the horse is irrelevant. Which words gave you the most trouble? I might be able to help you out here, but I'm going to need you to help me, help you.
    I don't think so, the 75% speed means its a 75% increase of speed over your current run speed.

I hope you'll forgive me when I tell you that I don't put a lot of stock in what random strangers think about their assumptions. You assume horse speed % is a comparison to character movement. Others might assume horse speed % is a comparison to butterflies.

The game gives no indication that the speed % is a comparison to anything. Furthermore, the speed bar maxes out at 100%, not 75%, therefore the only logical conclusion is 100% is the maximum speed of a horse, not 75%.
  • Sylvyr
    Sylvyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I had no idea that horses had a 50 feed cap. It's clear you can't feed them forever because the bars do have an end on it. But I was under the impression as long as you keep paying the 250g a feed you could max out all stats eventually (whatever those maxes are).

The 50 feed cap makes sense though. But it would have been nice to know that up front through the UI or tutorial or something. I would have saved for a 42k horse a bit earlier instead of dropping it on bag space so I'll just have to start saving now and be a little behind on grooming a more advanced horse.
    Edited by Sylvyr on May 5, 2014 7:47PM
    Badge: Wall-of-Text GRANDMASTER

PvP: Patch Vs. Player

ZoSence (n.):
    1) What is reasonable or comprehensive using ZoS logic. "That makes ZoSense"
    2) Making zero sense. "That makes ZoSense"
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry you were unable to understand the part where I said the level cap of the horse is irrelevant. Which words gave you the most trouble? I might be able to help you out here, but I'm going to need you to help me, help you.

Just cause you say it, don't make it true. In fact it's completely relevant because it's how every other 'thing that levels' works in the game. You can continue to claim it's a bug, but I assure it is not.
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You assume horse speed % is a comparison to character movement.

Yes, I am assuming that. I'm assuming that the 15% base run speed of a horse is 15% faster than your character's base speed on the ground.
    Edited by Drachenfier on May 5, 2014 8:23PM
  • jones52j
    jones52j
    My imperial horse at lv25 with all speed has some leather straps for more detail and I saw a pic of the bag space one which adds bags onto the saddle. What does staminda add?
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    jones52j wrote: »
    My imperial horse at lv25 with all speed has some leather straps for more detail and I saw a pic of the bag space one which adds bags onto the saddle. What does staminda add?
    I think Stamina adds some armor on the haunches and possibly the head. IIRC in a pic from an older discussion.
    Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
    Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.