Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

So, where's the skill-line to those who are faithful "men" instead of vamps or WW?

• Vraneon
    Vraneon
    ✭✭✭
    I understand you want the vampires to be nerfed, because they got bugged skills which make them op especially in pvp, but you have to think of it as an investment of skill points. While ppl who choose to be vampire, werewolf invest 12 skill points into the line, others have 12 points to spent in fighters guild abilities. So if you are "only" human, you can invest those skill points in fighters guild skills and when fighting them you get bonus damage, 9 percent if I remember right, plus you know they are weak to fire or poison. I really don't see what problem you got? Yes a vampire can use a fire resistance ring, but if he does so and counterbalances his weakness you can instead put some damage on your jewelry so you have again an advantage against him?
    What's the problem?

I also don't quite don't understand the question: Where is our skill line for faithful to mankind or whatever? Well the answer would be: You are healthy? You have more skillpoints? You don't have 50 percent weakness to fire or poison? It is like someone is asking: Hey that guy has AIDS, where is my STD ability for that?
    And please stop talking about Dawnguard, its in the ES Skyrim which is hunderds of years later. THERE IS NO DAWNGUARD RIGHT NOW! As someone said already, you have the fighters guild abilities which gives you bonus damage against vampires and werewolfs. Stop behaving like milkdrinkers and spend those points in fighters guilds abilities if you want something special against undead.

If you guys would look closely into vampires and werewolfs you would certainly see that it's more an option for roleplaying or having new abilities. I am sure they will add a some new skill lines, for those who don't want to be either. For example this year the dark brotherhood and thieves guild will come with their own unique skill lines, that's something where you can spend your "human" points on^^.

And lets be honest, how could you be afraid of werewolfs right now? Basically if someone chooses to be a werewolf, he/she debuffs himself. Werewolfs right now are terribly bugged and underpowered, if you ever see someone transform into one, its probably because the game isn't challenging enough for him/her.
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Sadist wrote: »
    I don't understand all of the complaining, werewolves are indistinguishable from normal races and so is a well fed vampire..
    Except that NPC's do not change their disposition towards Vampires, regardless of Stage.

Now if NPC's were to become indifferent to Vampires at Stage 2; (Cant access Shops or purchase items, but can still use crafting stations for example) and Hostile towards them at Stage 3 or above, then there would be a clear reason to feed, and to fear the Fighters Guild.

It would also set a time limit on the Vampire Player: 30 minutes to get what you need and get out, or else you cant shop/repair, and an hour tops before Fighters Guild NPC's start trying to stake you to final death.
    This could also be expanded upon using day/night cycle, where NPC's dont "notice" your vampire stage effects as obviously when outdoors during the night (its not like we have city-bright luminescence in Tamriel), and would also promote the existence of "Underground Sanctuary/Covens" that Vampires could seek out during the day, which offer "Sympathetic" NPC's, or simply be operated by vampires themselves.

There are a myriad of options that would make playing a vampire far more entertaining and challenging, other than the underwhelming conditions and circumstances that currently exist.
    This is TES! The world is designed to be filled with immersion!
    Edited by OmniDo on May 9, 2014 4:29PM
  • Hail_Sithis
    Hail_Sithis
    ✭✭
    You don't get anything, but you also don't get any drawbacks either.

You don't have to worry about random ass with Silver bolts, or dude with fire, or dude with poison arrow. We do. Quite a bit.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
  • NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    would love a TitanBorn skill line.

I wanna be huge
    Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.
  • elverano
    elverano
    Idea: The Reformed. Reach lvl 10 as ww or Vamp and then get cured in a Ritual that somehow uses your connection to Hircine to get back at him. After that retain some of the skills in some way. Kind of like AA with superpowers.