The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Vote For Leveling Equality!

• Badh0rse
    Badh0rse
    ✭✭✭
    YES Leveling XP should be equal for all play styles.
    Bowie .. you nailed it. Why am I expecting more from people here than I do in the real world? I am done fighting against ignorance ..... it's obviously a losing battle. (for today anyway) I will end saying this: I think a person who quested to max level is BARELY more prepared for endgame than someone who did crafting and fishing. That may be a bold statement but it is true .... I have played many mmo's and I know the difficulty scale is staggering between questing and endgame. Which is exactly why I have a group I always run with that is good. If you can't get into a group like that maybe there is just something wrong with you.

Now please continue with the intolerance of the way others play the game.

Edited by Badh0rse on May 4, 2014 11:34PM
  • Kalast
    Kalast
    Keiffo wrote: »
    Some people don't care about the story.

Anyone who falls into this camp really shouldn't be playing the game. They don't belong here and I don't want them around.
  • Abigail
    Abigail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I voted yes, but I really don't give a hill of beans one way or the other, given my playing style.

In the past five weeks I've spent about 95% of my time gathering materials and grinding mobs for their drops. I now have two alts at 12 and two others at 11. Among the lot, all six crafting professions are at level 14. In an ideal world some of this effort could have gone into character level, but I knew what I was getting into when I adopted this strategy and don't expect recompense.
  • Badh0rse
    Badh0rse
    ✭✭✭
    Kalast wrote: »
    Keiffo wrote: »
    Some people don't care about the story.

Anyone who falls into this camp really shouldn't be playing the game. They don't belong here and I don't want them around.

Wow ... I was typing an intelligent retort and then realized it would be wasted on you. Go eat a bowl of ****
    Edited by Badh0rse on May 10, 2014 3:47PM
  • bean19
    bean19
    ✭✭✭
    Gohlar wrote: »
    Um, Reignfyre....right now the easiest and most trivial activity, solo questing, gives the most exp, by far.

Actually, the fastest xp/time right now by FAR is mob-grinding. It also yields the most loot and fastest crafting (via loot). A mob kill at level 43 is worth about 330 xp. Completing a level 43 quest that can take 15-30 minutes to complete (longer if you listen to NPCs) grants around 5K xp (average - some about 3K xp and other longer main story ones around 8K xp. So that means that you have to kill 15 mobs to equal one quest's xp. If there are groups of 3 mobs packed together, I can kill 15 mobs in less than 5 minutes.

Having said that, questing is fun and grinding is not, so I still do quests, but I'm on an alt now so I've seen the content once already and when I find a good grinding spot, I'll pop on a podcast and grind for a bit for fast leveling and then just run through the zone for lorebooks, shards, wayshrines and the main quest line that has skill point quests. I anticipate that people will soon have leveling guides that help make this easier by telling you where the best grinding spots are at and they'll get crowded and this will start to cause problems with people trying to complete quests in those areas (or make them ridiculously easy with no spawns about). The upside is that they'll tell us where all the skill point quests are (there are a handful that aren't guild quests or main storyline that grant skillpoints).

So having said all that, I think the game needs a large xp pass. Mobs should have their xp reward lowered dramatically with quests getting a large boost so that questing is more profitable than grinding. Dungeons also should reward great xp so that people will run them more than once for the skillpoint (having better than blue loot or at least a chance of it would be nice too if there is already a chance, it is so slim that I haven't seen one in twenty dungeon runs for me or anyone with whom I've grouped, so it shouldn't be ridiculously low. . . I've also had a few runs where I don't get a single blue, so the drop rates could use some work).

I'd also like to see the game get battlegrounds as a way for people to PvP to level. It doesn't make much sense to reward it in Open RvR because it becomes ridiculously easy to join as a guest campaign hopper in order to get amazing xp with zerg guilds who quickly take over a map without any real resistance. You just can't have something that is designed to not be fair or challenging like open RvR and reward it with xp or it will "break" the game. Even with the current system, the xp for joining up with a zerg guild that campaign hops to cap castles with little resistance is excellent. They could come up with metrics so that undefended or poorly defended castle captures grant less xp, but that isn't fun as it is smart strategy to zerg. That's how you win RvR, so it would be weird to create a reward system that runs counter to good strategy. Also, battlegrounds are incredible fun IMO. They offer immediate PvP and the balanced teams makes the wins actually something you can take pride in.

Edited by bean19 on May 4, 2014 1:08PM
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    NO Leveling XP should be not be equal for all play styles.
    XP should depend on the difficulty of the content
    higher difficulty and risk = better reward

Aoe grinding trash mobs = zero difficulty = zero reward
    Edited by Malediktus on May 4, 2014 5:08PM
    @Malediktus --- Ebonheart Pact, EU-Megaserver
  • Badh0rse
    Badh0rse
    ✭✭✭
    Malediktus wrote: »
    XP should depend on the difficulty of the content
    higher difficulty and risk = better reward

Aoe grinding trash mobs = zero difficulty = zero reward

I can respect that opinion. I even share it when it comes to endgame in MMO's. I just want XP equality while getting to endgame. I personally like the idea of harder content offering better loot and achv. not necessarily better XP.

• tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mobs give jack *** experience, almost no significant increase from level 50 to VR.
  • Kroin
    Kroin
    ✭✭
    PVE/PVP/Dungeons yes, but not Crafting.

If i could lvl my char throw crafting the same speed as throw PVE that would be broken. Crafting could give some EXP but not as much as the other 3.
  • Badh0rse
    Badh0rse
    ✭✭✭
    I am very glad I made this poll, it has been educational. I honestly cannot believe that so many people voted no. Sure only half as many that voted yes but that number boggles my mind. I am not saying those who voted no are wrong but I sure would have suspected more people wanted freedom to level how they choose. I should make a poll based on the nerfing of dungeon xp. That is what really drives me mad. I would run dungeons all day long but instead I am forced to do my least favorite activity in mmo's ... questing. Leveling goes awful slow when you are forced to do it in ways that you find boring. Not saying the quests in the game aren't good, they are. I just hate questing.
  • firstdecan
    firstdecan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand all the hate against "grinding."

I will admit, the guys who were VR10 after a week of playing are annoying, but it was to be expected. There are people who have nothing else to do than play games all day.

The only question you have to ask is this: Whose experience are they really ruining? These are people who wanted to go straight to end game and didn't want to spend time with levelling characters. Fine, let them. They're out for the end game and the PvP content, let them have what they want. Your game, your way is what the ESO franchise has always been about.

I see a few issues in the game related to grinding and overall levelling

1 - VR10s in PvP are "overpowering." - Yes and no. There are still some balance tweaks that need to be done in PvP, which are actively complained about in other threads. These will get balanced out. The PvP zone was supposed to be "the great equalizer" with levelled characters bumped up to level 50, and the VRs having sleight advantages. The balance isn't there yet, but it will be, so it doesn't make a significant difference if someone grinds themselves up to VR10. Right now many people who want to PvP feel disadvantaged because they don't have a VR10 character, which makes them want to "find the fastest way to VR10" (grinding). Balance the PvP and levelling is not an issue.

2 - Grinding is ruining the game immersion for PvE players - Currently yes, because there's limited ways of grinding. If trash mobs and dungeon runs were as profitable as killing boss mobs, the grinders wouldn't focus on boss mobs or "grinding areas." There is a subset of the community that just wants end game or PvP, why shouldn't they be allowed that? I would spend much more time in PvP, I find it the most fun part of the game. The problem is that there is almost no reward whatsoever for spending time doing PvP, and until the balance issues are corrected you need a VR character to be competitive.

3 - The questing does get boring. - After a while, the quests just become a confusing array of names \ locations \ random places to click the "E" key. I may as well just run around killing trash mobs, that's exactly what the questing feels like at times.

4 - Questing is not enough to level - At the non-Vet ranks, XP is not a problem and you can kill Mobs or play all the content to level beyond your zone. Once you hit the Vet ranks Questing is not enough to keep pace with the zone. I have a VR4 character and I've done ALL the content for the VR1-4 zones, so I have to quest in the VR5 area to keep making progress. I can't use anything I find, and if this keeps progressing at this rate I'll be VR5 in the VR7 zone, which means I won't even be able to deconstruct for usable mats. I'd love to find a good grind spot so I can make up the difference.

5 - It's very difficult to level in PvP. - There are players who just want to do the PvP, nothing more. Why shouldn't they be allowed to do that? It's part of the whole "your game, your way" mentality. It's easily part of game immersion as well. Cyrodiil is a war zone, the people in the war zone would have limited exposure to the rest of the outside world, and as such, limited exposure to what's going on in the rest of the world. There's no reason for people interested in PvP to be penalized simply because they only want to PvP.

Is the available grinding being abused? Yes it is. Should grinding be prohibited? Absolutely not. There simply needs to be an available avenue to do it that doesn't ruin other people's game play. Make it available in instanced dungeons \ grind dungeons. It won't affect the PvE players that way, and once PvP is balanced it only means there will be more players in PvP (which is what you want).
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As @reignfyre said, some things take more effort than others, and as such should award more exp. There are obvious reason why leveling in PVP should not be viable. Its way too exploitable PVP will easily be an effortless way to level up. Some buddies on opposing sides get together and feed each other EXP, or you have 2 accounts both different alliances and feed yourself exp. Both those will end up being exploited and be effortless, and so PvP/Cyrodil should not be a place for leveling.
    Edited by demonlkojipub19_ESO on May 5, 2014 1:15PM
  • reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    no vote for me as its a simple poll that doesnt address the complexity of experience allotment the devs are trying to deal with. its not a yeah or nay situation.

should pvpers be allowed to level in pvp? sure. its all they want to do, let them. the added benefit is that way they will leave my pve game alone and quit all the constant whining in the forums.
    Mama always said the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest.
  • Reticent_Prophet
    I'm sure they will tweak the xp soon. Right now it is one of the few thinks I really dislike about the game. PVP and dungeons are a blast, but when there is so little xp gained, it feels like a waste of time and makes you feel obligated to do normal quests. Its almost like having to go to work to pay for your weekend activities. That being said, there still needs to be a balance with it. Dungeons and PVP have better loot rewards and if the xp was equal, then it would be the same problem but reversed.
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing that is absent from the game, which hopefully the developers have considered if not intend to implement, are repeatable, dynamic quests.

Such as the contracts from the Dark Brotherhood, or the Thieves guild.
    Even the Mages and Fighters guild could have these.
    Now yes, it does take a fair bit of programming experience and testing to implement that kind of feature, but wouldnt it be a icing on the cake if a player could walk up to the mages guild, glance at a scroll or poster board, and choose between a variety of quests that involved the various aspects of said Guild?

Mages Guild could offer retrieval of, or acquisition of, specific items of Lore; tomes, artifacts, scrolls, et al, while the Thieves guild could offer options that involve subterfuge, procurement, stealth, et al.
    The Fighters guild could offer opportunities for sheer metal-testing against mobs and foes spanned across Tamriel, or perhaps within an Arena, such as the quests in Cyrodil do with pvp.
    Obviously the Dark Brotherhood would involve elimination of contracts in clever and/or nefarious ways.

Each quest would be generated dynamically within the world, but statically from a subset of variables, allowing for a flexible, repeatable, rewarding experience.
    Players could do these quests solo, or with a group, and choose the difficulty of the quest for risk/reward and time requirements, respectively.

The opportunity for Achievements, Prestige, and tailored rewards are endless.
    All one would have to do to make it more equal would be to simply add crafting, exploration, or puzzle solving into the mix, and voila. A world of adventuring that is as boundless as TES should be, without pidgeon-holing outside of the obvious Synergies for combat mechanics, which are an ongoing analysis and refinement process.

Starwars Galaxies had a rough prototype of this kind of system, where quests were distributed by terminals and literally spawned into the live world once a player had accepted them. This led to actual world-terrain changes; mobs appearing in a specific area, buildings and bunkers materializing into the world to account for the quest, etc...
    Sure there were a fair amount of issues involved, but most of those were ironed out, and the technology for accomplishing it is over a decade old now.

Just some thoughts.
    I dont mind the questing, as it brings me back into TES style world, but it does tend to get somewhat boring, seeing the same types of predictable events transpiring over and over again; Rescue <x>, Kill <y>, retrieve <z>, horray you saved the village/person/city/creature, just like you did in the last zone, and the one before.

Im sure eventually, MMO's will evolve to be more dynamic and more capable of breaking out of the classic molds theyve been locked into for the past decade due to logistics as technology and innovation improve.
  • Badh0rse
    Badh0rse
    ✭✭✭
    reggielee wrote: »
    no vote for me as its a simple poll that doesnt address the complexity of experience allotment the devs are trying to deal with. its not a yeah or nay situation.

should pvpers be allowed to level in pvp? sure. its all they want to do, let them. the added benefit is that way they will leave my pve game alone and quit all the constant whining in the forums.

It is a yes or no question. It is simple: Do you want people to gain leveling XP at the same pace despite what their playstyle is? Is implementing it simple: No. I am not asking HOW they should fix but IF they should. I agree with you that it is not going to be simple and I don't expect it soon. I would however like to know what their thoughts on the matter are ..... the silence is driving me insane. All I can do is assume what they are thinking and we know where assuming gets you ..... :)
  • Crimsonraziel
    "NO Leveling XP should be not be equal for all play styles."
    Because I don't think standing around and chatting should contribute to your XP.
    Neither should farming materials and avoiding fights do.
    Don't say they aren't valid play styles.
  • Badh0rse
    Badh0rse
    ✭✭✭
    "NO Leveling XP should be not be equal for all play styles."
    Because I don't think standing around and chatting should contribute to your XP.
    Neither should farming materials and avoiding fights do.
    Don't say they aren't valid play styles.

I would never say they are not valid play styles. They are the reason a lot of people play mmo's .... why punish them for enjoying those things? Let's take XP for socializing as an example. Guild leaders spend a LOT of time recruiting, setting up events, keeping the general morale and atmosphere of the guild running smooth. Why not reward them for all that time spent? Because he wasn't fighting some stupid AI mob? It's not like that's hard to do. Some could easily argue that what he is doing is far more challenging.

Now let's think of XP for farming mats. One could easily reverse your argument there by saying that it is actually harder to be sneaky in a game full of mobs and takes a certain type of tactical mind to navigate through said adversaries. Killing an AI mob is NOT a difficult thing to do ... I could probably sit a monkey at my PC and he could grind out mobs.

Both of those things burn up lots of time in a game. Have you ever spent hours/days getting a guild working or farming all the mats you need? Then when you are finally done you go to run a dungeon with your buddies and they gained 15 levels while you did all those things. The really bad part is you doing all those things was a huge benefit to them .. they have buff food, better gear you crafted, enchantments ... yet you are the one losing out.

I am not saying I am right. I am not saying you are wrong .. I obviously think NO voters are wrong but I not so vain as to think I am the end all when it comes to judgement. I just think that if you do enjoy other things more than questing you shouldn't have to put in triple time to stay even.

Please, please, nobody come behind me and say questing is challenging and that you can't exploit it. It is NOT challenging and you CAN exploit it. I watched some people exploiting a quest boss yesterday in Shadowfen. I stayed long enough to gain a level and fill my bag ... in 10 min. .... and yes I reported the bug.

edit: HODOR!
    Edited by Badh0rse on May 6, 2014 6:21PM
  • dplary_ESO
    dplary_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Where there is content of any kind, there is an available exploit. We all know it. Most of us do it, at least to some extent. Someone complaining that PVP or crafters or PVEers are able to exploit, they neglect to realize that EVERYONE is able to exploit. It is just a matter of extent to which it is done. It is also a matter of how long the Devs are willing to let it go before it becomes a priority to fix. I don't think that asking for a little information and communication is asking too much. The deafening silence from the dev team on XP, PVP leveling and dungeon XP is maddening. I love this game, and I love it enough to overlook some of it's glaring faults. However, anyone who has been playing MMO's for more than the past 24 months, has seen MMO's come and go. Those that go, are usually the ones that have developers that either fail to, or refuse to listen to the player base. (However the reverse is also true, listening too much to the wrong parts of the player base has ruined many an MMO ; I am thinking Firefall here.....).

End WOT and Rant 2
    The beatings will continue until moral improves......
  • Badh0rse
    Badh0rse
    ✭✭✭
    What a true statement dplary. Listening to players is a dual edged sword ... too much either way can injure the product. There is however one way to keep players at least somewhat satisfied .. and that is keeping the players in the know. I imagine/hope that they spend hours considering these changes players push for and I would not want that to be my job .... but it is a must.

Nobody can put any product on the market and just be like "Meh, they will learn to like it and appreciate our view of this in time." Well they could .. but that business would fail. (I know these things cuz I watch Shark Tank ... lol jk) You need customer feedback and you need the ability to determine which feedback is well thought out and which ones are angry/selfish trolls who simply want what is good for them. I imagine picking out the feedback that is truly for the sake of wanting a better and more successful game is tedious at best.

Regardless of whether they listen too much, too little, or at all is all irrelevant though if they do not communicate with the players. Don't take me wrong, I am not accusing the devs of any of these things. I am making a general point that includes all mmo's.

Lastly: Love the Firefall reference
  • Coni
    Coni
    ✭✭
    No from me, I have seen this kind of argument in EQ2, Vanguard, Aion, SWTOR and a few other MMOs - in each of those the levelling curve got nerfed to oblivion within a few months of launch, after which the game ceased to be any challenge and thereby ceased to be fun..... At least in VG they eventually let us switch off the XP but that was only after many players had out-levelled huge chunks of the content. I'd hate to see that in this game.

As for levelling by crafting I thought that was a great idea until I played an MMO (forget which one) where crafting and adventuring used the same XP pool, right up until I tried to go questing on a character I'd unintentionally gained 15 levels on through crafting.....

I personally am in no hurry to reach 'endgame' - I like to craft and to listen to all the dialogue for every quest - and to complete each zone before moving on. I also like to just wander around the landscape sometimes. If I also get xp from having fun that's good but it's not the be-all and end-all.
  • JosephChip
    JosephChip
    ✭✭✭
    The choice is obvious. The implementation is a nightmare.
    Nonetheless I hope they will make steps forward.
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as it is legitimately equal, I would agree.

But if a player can setup a kill macro (I'm a fan of Logitech, and have macro'd in many games), then no for boosting mob xp. This is the only game I know where it is literally faster and more efficient to be at the keys running around, than simply turning on your keypad's macro, which spams a few choice aoe abilities, and coming back later.

Sadly, it must be kept this low because they still use spawn anchors instead of randomizing the spawn locations.

As far as dungeon completion, I will agree with this only for instanced dungeons (there are a few, and hopefully will be more) that are leveled to the players ability (which they talked about doing on Reddit).

Crafting experience should be balanced amongst the various professions, but I don't necessarily believe it should increase character level.

PvP experience should be improved, but with many, many caveats. Like killing the same player over and over. Killing a non-responsive player (someone afk). Killing a player in the same location repetitively. Anything to stop 'boosting' abuse.

All in all, I'm massively against afk leveling and boosting. And I support ZOS's decision to make exploration and questing (rather active activities) far more profitable than those easily 'cheated'.

If they can find a way to stop the cheating? They sure, all for it!
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • Cadderly_Malfur
    Yes, but:
    Crafting: no (because it would make grinding twinks up too easy/fast and too *** DUMB)
    grinding: might....depends though. preventing bots is kind of important there, cause grinding is the nr 1. way to use a farm bot...

despite that, quests, dungeons and pvp could b equal.
    In Deneirs name
  • Cogo
    Cogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Badh0rse wrote: »
    This poll is for you to vote for or against leveling equality. I feel that you should be able to level the way you want in a game as long as it does not directly ruin the game for a large amount of the population. Dungeons, PvP, Crafting, Questing, etc.. should all be viable and equally beneficial to the players. If you are a Quester why should you level faster than a PvP oriented person or a Dungeon Runner? The choice is simple I think. Crafters, Dungeoniers, Questers, PvP, etc .. UNITE!

Hi

You are of course allowed to ask any question and make pulls. Thats good!
    But i think you missed a fundamental part of ESO.

ESO isnt ment to level race to 50. Those who did, missed over 50%, if not more, of the game. ESO have an end game too. But like you see in their roadmap, they include trade/dungeons/instance for ALL levels.

Ask those who are level 50 now and top veteran level how fun they think the game is....bloody no one to play with.

Ask the same question to level 10 - 40. Vast majority have fun on a daily bases.

Your question regarding what exp should be like is moot. Sure, one objective about your character is to level, but GRINDING, following guides how fast you can grind. Using addons that shows you the best quests and where all the skyshards are. Yep, you level faster, but for me thats feels more like working, then playing.

The only choice you spoken of where you dont get level exp is crafting, and I can agree there that successful crafting should yeald SOME exp (not as much as exploring for exemple).

I wish your pull was about do you want more exp for playing or less.
    I vote less. Because I want to enjoy the game more. Since there are so many things to do ALREADY in the game, that you dont get to do most of em.
    Also, Lower exp time leads to more focused players in their class, players who gives a bit more about what to do and who to do it with.

More exp would simply make quests/dungeons the place to be. WoWs LFR system in ESO mode......No thank you.

Less exp for everything (well not exploring maybe), and add SOME (little) level exp to successful tradeskill where you raise your tradeskill.

To give you a view how I look at it. "normal" leveling, playing regulary a few days a week. Should take a few months before you reach highest level and highest Veteran rank.

But, I doubt Zenimax would dare this, because us players have become QUITE lazy and wants stuff fast, then be done and go eat pizza.

I guess I vote no to both your selection, with the add that sure, some exp for tradeskilling.
    Oghur Hatemachine, Guild leader of The Nephilim - EU Megaserver
    Orc Weapon Specialist and Warchief of the Ebonheart Pact - Trueflame Cyrodiil War Campaign
    Guildsite: The Nephilim

"I don't agree with what you are saying, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it"
    -Voltaire

"My build? Improvise, overcome and adapt!"
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bhakura wrote: »

Develop a game and keep them out of it.
    Or keep playing this one and learn to live and let live.
  • Cogo
    Cogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reignfyre wrote: »
    I think "leveling equality" is not in the spirit of the game. Some tasks take more effort or skill and should be rewarded with higher XP rewards. Soloing, grouping, dungeoneering, pvping, crafting, chatting, trading, reading books,-- you think all activities should give equal XP????

Why not just give out XP based on time played then??? Log in, do whatever you want, and everyone gets XP at a steady rate. That would have to be your most acceptable solution! Ridiculous, isn't it?

If all XP was the same you wouldn't have to make any decisions about how to spend your time.

Whatever *** it kids don't know *** about games nowadays and want anything and everything to be as easy as possible. I'm done with this genre and the whole MMO community.

WOW, what a wonderful way to explain to most morons who complains about to little exp. Even WoW players....well, maybe WoW players would like it, but I guess a lot of people would see that just time played gives you level is pointless.
    Ok, you are level 100....you stood in a city for a month, watching big bang theory on tv......good for you.

Also, I dont think its the kids today that whines the MOST about to little exp....they adapt quite fast. Its the "new" breed of gamers in age 20-40 who never really had any interest in computer games. But with the new phones, apps, fast games, Facebook (BLEEEH) and Ipads....even these people who never really liked games....are now looking into them. I call these people the facebook generation, since most of em believe internet starts with facebook and everything goes through there. Of these people I highly doubt there is many who have the patience for any game that gives them the smallest of opposition.
    They want fast, kill, done, exp, reward.......and for some odd reason they find that fun.

I think ESO have proved that there are "real" MMORPG players out there that wants more then a fast level to max, easy gear, addons that plays the game for you, etc. Pretty much, ESO withouth addons. I think when people get into the ESO world, having to do things themselves like selling, trading, choosing and the best of all......there is no BEST way to do anything. You might think you know....but then Bethsada (Coproducer with Zenimax) steps in and you find something completely new! useful? Maybe, maybe not. BUT, your game is fun and the hours rolls away.

Also, with slower exp you get more chances to group with people. Your friends, or maybe even make new friends! (gasp). THEN when you hit max level.....you don't just know how to play, but you have friends or maybe even a guild who works good together, to overcome a very tricky/tactical/hard boss...or a dragon!

@reignfyre: If its ok with you, I am gonna use this question to every damn person who I know who always complains that exp goes to slow. Outstanding way to show how silly it is to get exp fast!
    Edited by Cogo on May 9, 2014 11:58AM
    Orc Weapon Specialist and Warchief of the Ebonheart Pact - Trueflame Cyrodiil War Campaign

"I don't agree with what you are saying, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it"
    -Voltaire

• tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I'm all in for choices but there need to be safe guards in place.

For example you cant have your buddies from the other faction just parking somewhere getting voluntarily killed over and over for easy XP.
    Before ppl start to lecture - I know it does not really work this way but I am sure you get my general concern: strong safe guards against abuse are needed.
  • Cogo
    Cogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gisgo wrote: »
    Bhakura wrote: »

Develop a game and keep them out of it.
    Or keep playing this one and learn to live and let live.

There is a perfect game for that type of player isnt it? World of warcraft. In the next expansion you wount even have to bother about gear much! Your gear changes Automaticly when you change spec! Good eh? Oh, and not so much difficult differences between classes....they get more synced together so your addons can do pretty much everything.

Leave ESO game to people who wants to be part of the world....not eating popcorn. drinking cola and watching Hells Kitchen while they "do" LFR. Pressing a button every 20 seconds......

-Voltaire

• Badh0rse
    Badh0rse
    ✭✭✭
    I notice some people think it's not "real gamers" that want this equality. I have been playing games since the Atari and Color Computer. Sooo basically since the start of frakkin video games and I want this. I still think anyone who doesn't is just too damn close minded and thinks everyone needs to do what they do. They are probably the same people who in real life think they know what is best for other people also. If they world just did what they did everything would be fine .... bigotry.
    Edited by Badh0rse on May 9, 2014 3:01PM