The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

PVE Cyrodiil campaign

cohenaj194b14_ESO
I would really like to see a pve cyrodiil campaign, one where all pvp is disabled. The pvp in this game is awful, but cyrodiil is a pretty cool place to explore (especially for oblivion fans). I would love to be able to explore cyrodiil, do the solo dungions/quests, find the skyshards without being ganked.
Edited by cohenaj194b14_ESO on April 30, 2014 9:53PM
  • Tipsy
    Tipsy
    ✭✭✭
    I understand completely why you'd want that.
    Perhaps they can add a pvp phase/channel to the rest of the pve zones too..
    The pve cyrodiil campaign could correspond with existing pvp campaigns.
    (when an area gets owned by a faction in pvp campaign it will automatically belong to that faction in the sister pve campaign)
    so you'd have wabbajack pvp and wabbajack pve for example
    Edited by Tipsy on May 10, 2014 1:01AM
  • RaZaddha
    RaZaddha
    ✭✭✭
    untitle.JPG
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @cohenaj194b14_ESO‌ These are exactly my thoughts, too. I'd love to be able to explore Cyrodiil without getting involved with that PvP stuff.
    Not only because I'm an Oblivion fan, too, but also because it's a huge area which of course I want to see as well since I've paid for that game.
    It's not fair that we might never get to see some content as a single/solo player although (theoretically) it would be possible. There ARE sidequests in Cyrodiil which can be done solo, but I don't want to get killed at every third corner and teleport miles away back to the next Transitus Shrine (or Wayshrine) if I'm running low on soulgems.
    Recently I went to Cheydinhal just out of curiousity, I've not seen much of it, then "bam", dead, back to the Southern (or Northern?) Morrowind Gate. Great. It's not just around the corner like the Wayshrines in the "normal" areas, so there's no fun doing anything in Cyrodiil anymore, at least to me.
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd also like to go visit the Middle East for it's sights.

/analogy
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to get all the PVE achievements/skyshards/skill points without actually having to do PVE, because i find it boring.

No, not really, it would be stupid; same goes for your idea.
  • Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would really like to see a pve cyrodiil campaign, one where all pvp is disabled. The pvp in this game is awful, but cyrodiil is a pretty cool place to explore (especially for oblivion fans). I would love to be able to explore cyrodiil, do the solo dungions/quests, find the skyshards without being ganked.

hahhaahahahah

no
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    RaZaddha wrote: »
    untitle.JPG

Not everyone supports/likes PVP (i am one of them).

Sometimes doing PVE quests enemies players are just farming us (sitting in the shadows waiting). So we should have some PVE only campaigns (1-2) for all alliances to enjoy you know.
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaxom wrote: »
    I'd also like to go visit the Middle East for it's sights.

/analogy

I LOL'd (genuinely, a good chuckle).
    Very off topic, but who cares! I've been in the middle east (not the hot zones of course) and nobody shoot me on sight.
    Maybe because i dont carry weapons when i visit a foreign Country. :#
    Its much safer than Cyrodiil lol.
    No quests, though :\
    Edited by Gisgo on June 27, 2014 2:43PM
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    RaZaddha wrote: »
    untitle.JPG

Sometimes doing PVE quests enemies players are just farming us (sitting in the shadows waiting). So we should have some PVE only campaigns (1-2) for all alliances to enjoy you know.

There are what, 18 zones of PvE? There is 1 zone for PvP. I understand what you are saying but I'm respectfully disagreeing. If I want to get certain items/achievements, I must do end game PvE (Trials, Craglorn). If I could get said items by PvP-ing I would but you dont have PvPers asking to get End Game PvE sets as drops by killing players. It's the same thing that you are asking for.
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No you can be hunter or prey not neutral, you are not Swiss.

Btw the "sitting in the shadows waiting" is just you being paranoid, nobody does that, its too boring. People you meet at the quest hubs is people running the quests just like you, but unlike you, they do fight the enemy.
    Edited by Gisgo on June 27, 2014 2:41PM
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gisgo wrote: »

No you can be hunter or prey not neutral, you are not Swiss.

Btw the "sitting in the shadows waiting" is just you being paranoid, nobody does that, its too boring.

I wouldn't say nobody.....

/evil laughter
    /walks slowly back into the shadows
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you don't want to fight in Cyrodiil get really good at your sneaking.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Bloodvax
    Bloodvax
    ✭✭✭
    Why do you want to PVE there so bad anyway? All the quests are repeatable get x amount of y quests or go to from point A to point B. Not really the most thrilling adventure to be embarking on IMO
    ASYLUM-PVP
    Bloodvax- Vet Templar underpowered crafter
    Molly Mesita-OP NB
    Lizerd Wizard-Lowbie PVP toon
    AOC Big Deal Emperor of the Forum Trolls
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    they should add a PvP flag mechanic, that way if all you want to do are the quests, and the dolmens, you wont have to worry about a group of players camping questing locations, killing you and preventing you from doing the quests.
    Edited by Cody on June 28, 2014 5:25AM
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NookyZooky wrote: »
    they should add a PvP flag mechanic, that way if all you want to do are the quests, and the dolmens, you wont have to worry about a group of players camping questing locations, killing you and preventing you from doing the quests.

No they shouldnt.

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No they shouldnt.
    why not?
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bloodvax wrote: »
    Why do you want to PVE there so bad anyway? All the quests are repeatable get x amount of y quests or go to from point A to point B. Not really the most thrilling adventure to be embarking on IMO
    achievements, skyshards, lore books, titles, the XP helps too
  • galiumb16_ESO
    galiumb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

I hate PVE and yet I am forced to do PvE to be effective. You are not forced into Cyrodiil, you just want to explore and you are bitching about a bit of ganking... I will keep that in mind while I am listening to some NPC go on and on for 15 mins before he will update my quest.
  • tw1jaysin
    tw1jaysin
    ✭✭✭
    It's a war zone, and it's one zone outta 19 or so that has pvp.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did all my skyshard and dungeon diving in Cyrodiil at level 25 or so with three other guys from my guild.

We died a couple times, but we got through it no problem whatsoever. We just guested on a low pop campaign, did our business, and went back to a real one when we were done.

Oh yeah, on my DK we did this at like level 20-25 after the mobs were vr5 already. No excuse OP, just go do your thing.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • siledre
    siledre
    ✭✭✭
    you get 3 maps worth of pve outside of cyrodiil, either deal with the pvp aspect of it or don't go there.
  • Animus
    Animus
    ✭✭
    Guest on dead campaign. Problem solved. Please leave PvE out of our PvP.
  • Bloodvax
    Bloodvax
    ✭✭✭

AHHHH you want a free ride? Want all the perks without having to do any of the intended pvp.

It's a PVP zone. If you don't want to PVP in the intended zone then why should you get the benefits?????
    ASYLUM-PVP
    Bloodvax- Vet Templar underpowered crafter
    Molly Mesita-OP NB
    Lizerd Wizard-Lowbie PVP toon
    AOC Big Deal Emperor of the Forum Trolls
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No they shouldnt.
    now I myself don't mind getting jumped by a player or group of players, but

AHHHH you want a free ride? Want all the perks without having to do any of the intended pvp.

It's a PVP zone. If you don't want to PVP in the intended zone then why should you get the benefits?????
    what perks???? Titles???? I don't see how that is really a "perk" its just a nice thing to have. skyshards? yeah, I guess those are perks, but I myself skipped them. who really needs all those shards? lorebooks? did not need them at all. and the Experience. yes, its a PvP zone, but there are Still quests in it, and im not going to not do them simply because ppl have labeled it a "pvp zone". I get you don't want PvErs in your PvP zone, but it DOES NOT hurt you ppl AT ALL to have ppl only coming to do the quest.s maybe in a population capped campaign, but even then people most likely wont go to a server like that to quest. You know, I know its off topic, but tell the quote you told me, to all the people that power grinded and exploited to VR12. THEY did not experience the content as intended, yet you people don't seem to care about that! they get all the benefits of PvE, without really doing PvE! but you don't care as long as your precious PvP is PVE free you could care less right? ha! "like it was intended" my A**. lol.
    Edited by Cody on June 30, 2014 3:57PM
  • quakedawg_ESO
    quakedawg_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    People want things so easy for them. You have as much access to Cyrodiil as anyone else. Saying 'its not fair that we might never get to see these areas' is flat out silly. This is not even counting the multiple empty campaigns were you can run naked for hours and not see a soul.

Live a little! Nothing should be handed to you because you're afraid of getting killed. Pretend it's just another scary NPC

Pro Tip: Form a group of 4 and hang out with the zerg. Now you can claim you only run with 4. I'm l33t

'I've never died in AvA. Undefeated!'
    'My group of 4 will often take on 100+ with no problem. I have videos to prove it'
    'All the abilities on my keyboard require real skill to spam'
  • Kewljag_66_ESO
    Kewljag_66_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other than the fact that the rewards and achieved are centered around having to do this WITH the risk of enemy players killing you i would say the PVE in Cyrodiil is very easy to do with avoiding PVP. you just have to be smart about where you go and your travel route. Use the map and see where the pvp fight is and avoid that area.

If you are on a low population campaig it will be very easy to do everything.

As for PVP being awful????? No it actually my favorite PVP system and game currently.
  • Schallen
    Schallen
    ✭✭✭
    Go to Chrysamere. You'll find lots of PVE there.
    Schallen

Class: Nightblade

Role: DPS

Favorite Movie: The Notebook

Ideal Date: A long walk on the beach followed by a goodnight kiss

Interested In: Women

• Morticielle
    Morticielle
    ✭✭✭
    The pvp in this game is awful, but cyrodiil is a pretty cool place to explore (especially for oblivion fans).
    In principle the PvP in this game is very good, but it has to major problems:

1. Technical problems like the fps drops, lag issues and (for players in the EU) a constant lag due to the fact, that the EU-Megaserver is still located in the US.

2. Players who are lost in this massive scale PvP due to the fact that they were for years brainwashed by this awful small scale PvP in other MMORPGs. They are totally overchallenged with the many possible ways to play PvP in Cyrodiil and have no plan at all what to do.
    Edited by Morticielle on July 1, 2014 9:11AM
    Lady Morticielle d'Aragòn |VR12| Sorcerer | PvP Rank 21 (Major Grade I) | EU-Megaserver | AD

Subscription cancelled due to the following facts:

- Zenimax implements more bugs from patch to patch
    - Zenimax does not care about the increasing instability of the game. People have more and more crashes Fix of memory bug decreased number of crashes considerably
    - Zenimax has still not fully fixed the fps drops they (!) implemented with patch1.2.3
    - Zenimax does nothing to fix the massive ability lags in PvP
    - Zenimax gives more attention to unnecassary 'content' like dyes for armors than fixing issues
    - In patchnotes Zenimax lies about bugs allegedly fixed
    - Zenimax has no plan as to how balance population in Cyrodiil campaigns
    - Support is ineffective and does not even speak in a way one can linguistically understand

• Cyrdemaceb17_ESO
    Cyrdemaceb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    No. There are not only 2 PVE maps already, there are more like 15 PVE maps and one PvP. Cyrodiil shall stay the way it is. If you want to see them, get your sneaking high enough and venture there. Alone on a low pop campaign or in a small group on a more crowded one. Your choice.
  • Sengra
    Sengra
    ✭✭✭
    I love this kind of PVP but I also like the idea of a Cyrodiil that could be used solely for roleplaying.

I'd rather see them fix the existing problems first though.
    Edited by Sengra on July 1, 2014 10:33AM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!