The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lots of Empty Containers after Update

• BmcD73
    BmcD73
    ✭✭✭
    So a few weeks after the update, primals are around 40k and deadrics are back up to about 80k. But yea...they didn't change anything...
  • Rotherhans
    Rotherhans
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah.

Again, the problem isn´t that Zeni nerfed container farming, no matter how eloquently @nerevarine1138 displays his misunderstanding of statistics, but that they..
    obviously effed it up again!

It´s supposed to diminish the returns for alts logging in at the same place but it already diminishes on the first arrival!
    Edited by Rotherhans on May 12, 2014 1:47AM
    “I'm not going out of my way looking for devils;
    but I wouldn't step out of my path to let one go by.”― Robert E. Howard
  • Thesiren
    Thesiren
    ✭✭✭
    We all know loot drops from urns/chests/drawers/cabinets/crates were nerfed to heck. The very fact that there are so many posts and threads on these forums about the issue, and not one dev or mod has come in and denied any of it, verifies that.

What bothers me the most is that there is still a separate motif drop nerf coming with the Craglorn patch. When Zenimax has already emptied 75% of the containers in the game, well then hello, motifs drop a lot less of the time anyway. They don't need another nerf on top of that.
  • BmcD73
    BmcD73
    ✭✭✭
    Thesiren wrote: »
    We all know loot drops from urns/chests/drawers/cabinets/crates were nerfed to heck. The very fact that there are so many posts and threads on these forums about the issue, and not one dev or mod has come in and denied any of it, verifies that.

What bothers me the most is that there is still a separate motif drop nerf coming with the Craglorn patch. When Zenimax has already emptied 75% of the containers in the game, well then hello, motifs drop a lot less of the time anyway. They don't need another nerf on top of that.

I think what happened is this particular nerf was added to the patch 2 weeks ago. I've seen this sort of stuff happen in lots of MMOs. Most likely they didn't mention it because it probably made it's way in by accident or tied to some other update.

My whole point of the post was to just get some acknowledgement so we can stop looting as it is pointless now. I've been through a number of vet levels since the patch and logged in with my 7 other bank alts countless times. Not a single motif drop since this change rare or otherwise. I did, on the other hand, have one of my buddies tell me he actually found a primal in the wild the other day. He was shocked. So they haven't been totally removed motifs but the chances for getting a container with loot have been drastically dropped and of the ones that have loot, your chance to get a motif dropped even more.
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS just have a way of doing things backwards.

Yes it stops relog farming .... but it also irritates your average player.

I don't think they have a clue what they are doing to be honest. I'm seeing constant nerfs to some things like XP gains and loot but no up side.

Bots and farmers are coming out on top of this fight. ZOS is making things easier for them. They already farmed their stuff, now they get to charge silly money for things and make the gold to sell.

We're getting lots of stick but not much carrot.

• mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BmcD73 wrote: »

I think what happened is this particular nerf was added to the patch 2 weeks ago. I've seen this sort of stuff happen in lots of MMOs. Most likely they didn't mention it because it probably made it's way in by accident or tied to some other update.

My whole point of the post was to just get some acknowledgement so we can stop looting as it is pointless now. I've been through a number of vet levels since the patch and logged in with my 7 other bank alts countless times. Not a single motif drop since this change rare or otherwise. I did, on the other hand, have one of my buddies tell me he actually found a primal in the wild the other day. He was shocked. So they haven't been totally removed motifs but the chances for getting a container with loot have been drastically dropped and of the ones that have loot, your chance to get a motif dropped even more.

Actually my motif drop rate went up 100% as I found 2 since the update (against 0 before the update). As most statistics is pointless but it shows motifs still drop
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mutharex wrote: »
    BmcD73 wrote: »

Actually my motif drop rate went up 100% as I found 2 since the update (against 0 before the update). As most statistics is pointless but it shows motifs still drop
    I found three motifs the last 10 days, however far more empty containers than before.
    And yes if you are in an location with lots of containers they start to show empty even if closed after looting some. Having two bank alts is pretty fun as the second bank alt only get empty containers while the first depend on looting with main.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found a primal last night in somebody's house. I about fell off my chair. I hadn't found a motif in 4 weeks.
    Edited by Weberda on May 12, 2014 10:59AM
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • isengrimb16_ESO
    isengrimb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a common motif (that I used myself because I didn't have it yet) and maybe three green recipes (lvl 30-35, I have lots of points in recipe improvement) on one day - but that was after being logged out for, oh, more than 24 hours; I usually log in for a couple hours here and there each day; do a quest or two, do some business in town, log off, do something else. Come back later, do a quest again, then it's time to cook supper. Stuff like that, no funny stuff with sitting here relogging and trying to loot the same house over and over.
  • luckyjoemcb14_ESO
    luckyjoemcb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    mongo94 wrote: »
    I have explained why 6 data points taken without a comparison is completely inadequate, but since everyone on this thread seems bound and determined to believe this is happening, that must also be trolling. I'll bear that in mind.

The plural of anecdote is not data.

Sorry but I dont recall ever opening something and it be empty. Now I say RECALL because if it did ever happen it was so low like 1% of stuff looted that I didnt care or remember.

BUT the way it is now its closer to 80% of everything I open THATS NOT RNG Thats a NERF to something in the code. Wake up.

Actually, I have run through cold harbor starter area And found exactly 1 total loot able chest, pre patch. this happened several times and I reported it as a bug since it seemed strange.

I have sat in a room with drawers, desks, etc that I know have items in them (pre checked them but did not loot) Then waited for someone else to sweep through the room. After the other person swept the room I checked the containers again, and they were empty. ( and showed that way visually)

To test your stealth patch theory ( and provide data) I also collected some post patch data. I looted 30 containers in a city. What I found was:
    6 empty containers
    14 lockpicks
    3 Corn mash
    3 wine grapes
    4 goat meat

More or less the same thing as I had been getting pre patch.
    To continue and provide even more data points I logged onto an alt in a different alliance in a different city a few minutes later.
    Again using a sample of 30 containers
    3 empty
    10 lockpicks
    2 fresh water
    4 capon meat
    2 provisioning recipes
    1 breton motif
    3 corn mash
    5 snake slime

I am not trying to troll, but in my experience ( anecdotal) I have not noticed a nerf in drop rates as the RNG has always disliked me.

My data while by no means conclusive tends to show the opposite of what this thread claims.

Also I know that people like to think that game programing is a simple endeavour but I realize that changing game code for MMO's can sometimes have a "Butterfly" effect ,IE changing this line of code, causes this other line of code to tell jute to give iron ore instead of jute ( not a real example but you get the point.)

• jawhaleyb14_ESO
    jawhaleyb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Probably massively unrelated, but... about a week ago, I stopped getting ANY non-fish items when fishing. I will still see occasional rare fish, but I have yet to see any wet gunny sacks etc. after 200+ attempts. (usually I would get something about every 30ish attempts)

And yes, I acknowledge all 'not statistically valid' points, this is simply anecdotal observation.
  • BmcD73
    BmcD73
    ✭✭✭
    My data while by no means conclusive tends to show the opposite of what this thread claims.

My tests showed the initial looting on the same character was about the same as pre-patch. If you log out then back in and re-loot same containers you will see a steady drop in containers with anything in them and the ones that have something will either be "empty" or lockpicks.

I also noticed this same behavior as I moved from location to location without logging out on the same character. I all containers I could find in one city, then ported to another city in same zone. Looted all containers. Then another city in same zone. Then ported to a different city/zone and looted all containers. I kept getting more empty containers and the ones that had anything in them were usually lockpicks.

So my test and your test showed almost the exact same data. Take what you did a step further and you will see same results. I considered lockpicks and empty before or after looting as empty.