Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Tactics against Vampires.

• Hodorius
    Hodorius
    ✭✭✭
    Silver Bolts are not great because of the damage... it´s the 3,5 sec stun that comes with it.
    This 5% instawin proc is just a good laugh from time to time but still nice.

If the vamp is immune against stuns...wait a few sec until that spell is over.
    Edited by Hodorius on April 30, 2014 10:51AM
    Options
  • leewells
    leewells
    ✭✭✭
    Hodorius wrote: »
    Silver Bolts are not great because of the damage... it´s the 3,5 sec stun that comes with it.

It only takes that few secs for that very vamp to steamroll an entire "organized" raid.
    Options
  • Taonnor
    Taonnor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blind them with Templar skill "Blinding light", combined with DK blind "Ash cloud" and he do no dmg.

This blind skills are OP against heavy dps.
    Guild

Gildenleiter von Lux Dei (EU/AD). Offizieller Gildenspotlight für ESOTU!
    Guild leader of Lux Dei (EU/AD). Official Guild Spotlight for ESOTU!

Addons & Guides

ESOUI Author Portal: Taonnor
    Addons: Taos AP Session, Taos Group Tools

Myth AoE Cap: DE Mythos AoE Cap // EN Myth AoE Cap

What should i change in ESO: DE [DGR] Was würde ich an ESO verändern - "Der große Rundumschlag" // EN [TWS] What should i change in ESO – „The sweeping statement“

Charakters

Taonnor Annare, Sorcerer
    Thao Annare, Nightblade
    Options
  • rwood0604_ESO
    rwood0604_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Fire. Even with resistance gear, fire can even one shot Vr vamps with certain ultimates like meteor. It helps to have fire weapons too. Heres the problem with fire as a weakness to vampires...its not.

Large fights is the only place a vampire can shine with his skills. He has Drain essence which he can continuously use so long as he has a new target. 5-15 players in the immediate area means he has that many full restore health targets.

He has mist form which removes his weakness of fire for 4 seconds. This is a bit of a problem since his weakness is supposed to be fire yet for a cheap cost and up to 50% movement speed morph buff he now has 75% mitigation to his weakness+any other source of damage+immune to control effects. One might say the effect also prevents him from healing as a drawback but who needs healing at this point in the effect?

Another problem is if we know for sure that Drain essence is considered "heal magic" because if it is not then a vampire can drain essence in mist form for health return when he is not supposed to be. This should be looked into...just in case.

Another concern is if Mist form 75% damage mitigation is stacking with undeath 50% mitigation passive for 125% mitigation. If this is in fact stacking then what you have if a vampire in mist form with 125% mitigation to include mitigation to his weakness, fire.

The undeath passive is also another way to ignore fire weakness since you have it at 50% mitigation of damage to include fire. If they take 50% more damage from fire, than this passive negates that weakness up to 50%.

What is happening here with vampire is not that they have insane skills and overpowered ultimates, its that the weaknesses they have are being mitigated and removed through undeath passive and mist form, while also adding fire resistance from gear/potions/etc. to mitigate the weakness further.

Hmm that's funny cause the damage mit doesnt even work until atleast 50% hp and even if we did stack it with mistform you do realize we can't do anything in mistform? it's basically a channelling spell the only problem with vampire is that bat swarm combine with mistform they still get healed and if you are a sorc you can spam it continuously almost anyways the spamming of batswarm isn't even a problem like I said the only problem is that you are not suppose to be healed while in Mistform any other complaints are just that complaints
    Options
  • leewells
    leewells
    ✭✭✭
    Fire. Even with resistance gear, fire can even one shot Vr vamps with certain ultimates like meteor. It helps to have fire weapons too. Heres the problem with fire as a weakness to vampires...its not.

Large fights is the only place a vampire can shine with his skills. He has Drain essence which he can continuously use so long as he has a new target. 5-15 players in the immediate area means he has that many full restore health targets.

He has mist form which removes his weakness of fire for 4 seconds. This is a bit of a problem since his weakness is supposed to be fire yet for a cheap cost and up to 50% movement speed morph buff he now has 75% mitigation to his weakness+any other source of damage+immune to control effects. One might say the effect also prevents him from healing as a drawback but who needs healing at this point in the effect?

Another problem is if we know for sure that Drain essence is considered "heal magic" because if it is not then a vampire can drain essence in mist form for health return when he is not supposed to be. This should be looked into...just in case.

Another concern is if Mist form 75% damage mitigation is stacking with undeath 50% mitigation passive for 125% mitigation. If this is in fact stacking then what you have if a vampire in mist form with 125% mitigation to include mitigation to his weakness, fire.

The undeath passive is also another way to ignore fire weakness since you have it at 50% mitigation of damage to include fire. If they take 50% more damage from fire, than this passive negates that weakness up to 50%.

What is happening here with vampire is not that they have insane skills and overpowered ultimates, its that the weaknesses they have are being mitigated and removed through undeath passive and mist form, while also adding fire resistance from gear/potions/etc. to mitigate the weakness further.

Hmm that's funny cause the damage mit doesnt even work until atleast 50% hp and even if we did stack it with mistform you do realize we can't do anything in mistform? it's basically a channelling spell the only problem with vampire is that bat swarm combine with mistform they still get healed and if you are a sorc you can spam it continuously almost anyways the spamming of batswarm isn't even a problem like I said the only problem is that you are not suppose to be healed while in Mistform any other complaints are just that complaints

Lies, you can do quite a bit in mist form -- healing and bats if its fired before hitting mist.
    Options
  • Hodorius
    Hodorius
    ✭✭✭
    leewells wrote: »

It only takes that few secs for that very vamp to steamroll an entire "organized" raid.

If a vamp steam rolls a group it´s definetly not organized... bunch of noobs deserve to be "noobstomped"!

Do not stack people to feed that bat swarm!

Keep a small distance to your grp members in general and increase it when it aproaches...

In fact it´s easy after you accoplished the "l2p-task".

Options
  • mrfather2380
    I am not a vamp don't wanna be a vamp had the opportunity and cured it. Just made my character so damn ugly.

I've always believed ES has gotten vamp powers backwards, i.e. why do they get weaker when they feed when they should get stronger and vice versa. The garlic comments are awesome, it would be a nice settle approach to have garlic in your inventory to off-set some of the vamps powers. I feel they should come up with a class or subclass that is dedicated to killing vamps, werewolves, and the undead, not the fighters guild cause we all know that silver bolt is bogus. But a class that is either immune to the leech effect of vamps or more effective at standing toe-to-toe with one. It just seems like now the way to go is vamp just to have a chance at PvP. And why not up some of the werewolves powers when he/she is up against a vamp; after all they are enemies in the supernatural.

I don't think the vamps are overpowered just over used. A vamp that happens to be emperor should be overpowered and damn near invincible, but his lackies should fall with a little extra effort.

Otherwise awesome game love the PvP

That's my two and a half cents
    Options
  • leewells
    leewells
    ✭✭✭

If a vamp steam rolls a group it´s definetly not organized... bunch of noobs deserve to be "noobstomped"!

Do not stack people to feed that bat swarm!

Keep a small distance to your grp members in general and increase it when it aproaches...

In fact it´s easy after you accoplished the "l2p-task".

Obvious troll is obvious, or are you saying the only non-nub is this vamp? Or are you that type that takes your love life into your own hands while watching yourself in a mirror?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxBlMayv12M&t=11m0s

If you agree that the above video of a vamp is not OP, you're obviously that type that uses a mirror.
    Edited by leewells on April 30, 2014 12:29PM
    Options
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tactics against normal non bugged vamps? Exploit DK talons and let them burn...
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

There are other skills that do not discriminate on the knock down that do just as much damage. In fact every class can use a skill that can knock down multiple enemies simultaneously and without discrimination and deal aoe fire damage greater than silver bolts.

As far as I can see, and I've asked in multiple threads, there is nothing particularly successful about Silver Bolts, it has just become a hyperbolic tautology
    Edited by Armitas on April 30, 2014 12:55PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • leewells
    leewells
    ✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    There are other skills that do not discriminate on the knock down that do just as much damage. In fact every class can use a skill that can knock down multiple enemies simultaneously and without discrimination and deal aoe fire damage greater than silver bolts.

Citation needed... Templars (I play one) do not have said aoe knockdown. The only aoe knock down I get is from my Death's Wind item set.
    As far as I can see, and I've asked in multiple threads, there is nothing particularly successful about Silver Bolts, it has just become a hyperbolic tautology

No, and the silver leash (bolt morph) only works "sometimes" against vamps and ww's. Other than that, its useless.
    Edited by leewells on April 30, 2014 1:06PM
    Options
  • Hodorius
    Hodorius
    ✭✭✭
    @Armitas‌

I play a NB so I can only talk about my char.
    I am extremly focused on stamina and I might have overlooked something...
    The reason I like SB that much is because it´s stamina based.
    I might take a look at my class skills again but I am sure there is nothing else that does that kind of dmg and stuns for that long duration.

@leewells
    Obvious troll is obvious, or are you saying the only non-nub is this vamp? Or are you that type that takes your love life into your own hands while watching yourself in a mirror?

First: You have no idea what trolling is...do not use words you dont know the meaning of!

Second: Realize that you are not the center of the world... there are and always will be people with different opinions, better skills and greater knowledge then you. Attacking people for having one of these is wrong.

Third: I am a heterosexual man. Understand what I said exactly the way I said it. There are no hidden meanings. Really... NONE!

Fourth: Learn to play and stop crying that much. If you get noobstomped change your behaviour in PvP Areas or stay away from them.

Edited by Hodorius on April 30, 2014 1:47PM
    Options
  • leewells
    leewells
    ✭✭✭

@leewells

First: You have no idea what trolling is...do not use words you dont know the meaning of!

Surely, you're not going to lecture me on grammar when you're not even using apostrophes in your contractions and using double negatives.

But I digress. I think you understood the meaning and, yeah I'm calling you a troll.
    Second: Realize that you are not the center of the world... there are and always be people with different opinions,better skills and greater knowledge then you. Attacking people for having one of these is wrong.

Actually, that is what I was getting at with the mirror comment, which it seems gave you a negative Mohawk while it zoomed over your head.

I'm not attacking you for having a differing opinion, I'm attacking you for intentionally ignoring the fact that vamp is broken which seems to be self serving for you at least. You see, I have a vamp DK toon -- its OP.

You see, its not self-serving when I say its OP because I have one. Those that won't admit it, its self-serving. To try and accuse someone of being the center of the world for pushing for a fix to the game that would be a detriment to them, while you would single-handedly be the nail in the coffin of a MMO for self-serving reasons is like the pot calling a wedding band black. But nice try. You get an E for effort at least.
    Third: I am a heterosexual man. Understand what I said exactly the way I said it. There are no hidden meanings. Really... NONE!

See above.
    Edited by leewells on April 30, 2014 1:56PM
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Citation needed... Templars (I play one) do not have said aoe knockdown. The only aoe knock down I get is from my Death's Wind item set.

Volcanic Rune. Everyone can use it regardless of your class. It does more damage, damage is fire damage, damage is aoe, has no knockdown discrimination, knocks down more than one foe, knocks them up in the sky first. Compare with silver bolt which deals weak physical damage, knocks down only one foe of a certain type, and has a remote chance to proc significant damage.

No, and the silver leash (bolt morph) only works "sometimes" against vamps and ww's. Other than that, its useless.
    That would further affirm the case, and yet you say no. I am confused by your response.
    Edited by Armitas on April 30, 2014 2:07PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • Vaiku
    Vaiku
    Soul Shriven
    Wait, so there are actually people here arguing that a whole RAID OF PEOPLE should change their tactics to deal with ONE VAMPIRE spamming it's ultimate, to justify that it's preventable and not OP?
    Please tell me what other spec can 1 person run to force an opposing raid to re-strategize a battle.
    It needs nerfed, anyone who argues otherwise is ignorant.
    Edited by Vaiku on April 30, 2014 1:53PM
    Options
  • leewells
    leewells
    ✭✭✭

Volcanic Rune. Everyone can use it. Does more damage, damage is fire damage, has no knockdown discrimination, knocks down more than one foe.

Sure, pull out the technicality -- you said class -- as in class ability would be assumed.

That would further affirm the case, and yet you say no. I am confused by your response.

No as in there is nothing successful about it... The no was an agreement.
    Edited by leewells on April 30, 2014 2:01PM
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Sure, pull out the technicality -- you said class -- as in class ability would be assumed.
    I said "every class can use a skill that". Every class can use mage guild skills. But I'll try and be more clear next time.
    No as in there is nothing successful about it... The no was an agreement.
    Ah ok. I would chose "yes" instead of "no" when you wish to convey that you agree with someone. I know there is a slang of speech where it's used but it's hard to tell if that slang is being invoked when dealing with text.
    Edited by Armitas on April 30, 2014 4:53PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options