The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Tactics against Vampires.

arnaldomoraleseb17_ESO
I think vampires are extremely OP, but I have read many people saying vampires are OK and balanced. Can you please give me some tips to beat them?. Yesterday I died in 5 secs against a vampire and I am not sure if I am doing something wrong (I have 3k HP, 1.8 K armor and 1.6 spell resist). my Fighters Guild skills not seem to hurt them.

I play as DK, heavy armor 1h+shield/DW.
Edited by arnaldomoraleseb17_ESO on April 28, 2014 9:24AM
Debon Templar VR14 Thorn Blade (EU)
Gaunnes DK VR14 Haderus (EU)
  • awkwarrd
    awkwarrd
    ✭✭✭
    my Fighters Guild skills not seem to hurt them.
    Which fighters guild skills?
    Options
  • Cepeza
    Cepeza
    ✭✭✭
    Those who play a vamp say it's not OP. ;)

tactis to fight them: Use Silver Bolt skill from Fighter Guild tree and as much fire damage skills as possible. Spread group far enough so he can not use Mist Form skills/morphs.
    Options
  • arnaldomoraleseb17_ESO
    awkwarrd wrote: »

Silver Bolts and circle of protection (Also passives skills).

Cepeza wrote: »

tactis to fight them: Use Silver Bolt skill from Fighter Guild tree and as much fire damage skills as possible. Spread group far enough so he can not use Mist Form skills/morphs.

Yesterday I saw a RV10 vampire (former emperor) who killed about +20 people. He seems inmune to dmg, heal himself a lot and he did a lot of aoe dmg (I think he had the ultime up all the time). Our healer couldn't do nothing against this high damage, and we died xD.

Edited by arnaldomoraleseb17_ESO on April 28, 2014 10:11AM
    Options
  • Simaya
    Simaya
    ✭✭✭
    Your best bet is to spread out as much as possible and try to CC lock them with a stun/knockback and burn fast. Its a pain with the targeting in mist form but you need to TAB target them early so you can continually attack them even in mist form.

Personally I think some things need nerfer, thats just how my guys have been dealing with killing them
    Options
  • limeli8
    limeli8
    ✭✭✭
    for DK vamp is easy, spam tallons to keep in melee and keep stacking dots and doing light attacks to drain his stamina if he is using shield (cause most who abuse ult reduction have to use sword and board set that gives -20% ult cost), be only one in melee, other spread out and heal you and range, also sorc negate bubble on top of root can own them hard. (thats vs dk vamp who abuse ultimate reduction system). Vs normal vamp, just tallons and fire dots and some melee/whip will do it easy. Even if they mist tallons still hold them in place.
    Non dk and non ult reduction stacking vamps are not OP. Dk just has way 2 many ways to reduce vampire weaknesses and never die(deflect all those silver bolts ftw), and ult reduction is OP as it is for anything.
    Edited by limeli8 on April 28, 2014 10:36AM
    I have to give a credit to AD pack of Vampires with VR10 Night Mistress leading them (seriously VR10 10 days after the official release?).

Night Mistress - v12 Former Empress Sorcerer AD
    Night Mistress II - v12 Night Blade AD
    Options
  • Dudis
    Dudis
    ✭✭✭
    The vamp ult itself isn't that bad. I agree that it's one of the stronger ones but it still only deals about 800-1000 damage to everyone in range which is comparable to most other AoE ults.

What's OP is that you can through different means make it basically free and instantly recastable meaning you can keep it up indefinately.

Mist form needs to have the damage reduction nerfed and un-targetability removed.
    The drain is kinda meh. Never found a use for it in pvp since any half-decent player will just break it immediately and then be immune.
    Options
  • Azarul
    Azarul
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't have a lot of problem with getting attacked by vamps. They seem to not take me out much, however I can not seem to kill them either. I always get them to about 10% health then they just mist form away across half the map while I chase them.
    Options
  • ruzlb16_ESO
    ruzlb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Don't attack in a group. Use FG skills. Have slayer at 3 points. Use fire, lots and lots of fire. Use anything that negates or absorbs magic - Vampires stood in the middle of a negate field just look sheepish and then die hard.
    Melee are pretty helpless against batswarm vamps in anything more than 1v1, so if you're a melee class then keep either a bow or a healing staff on your alternate set. And remember that, for all the claims of vamps 'soloing' whole armies, they haven't. I've yet to see a batswarm vamp successfully take out a zerg on his own (and yes, I've watched the videos); they usually have several healers and casters as backup. You're just seeing the vamp because he's charged into the middle of your group (where he's effective healing himself for 800+ a second) while the others hang back and use synergies and AOEs.
    And for God's sake, remember you can break Snares and Roots by rolling. DO NOT DUMP ALL YOUR STAMINA INTO SPAMMING ATTACKS.
    Options
  • JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Silver Bolts and circle of protection (Also passives skills).

Cepeza wrote: »

Yesterday I saw a RV10 vampire (former emperor) who killed about +20 people. He seems inmune to dmg, heal himself a lot and he did a lot of aoe dmg (I think he had the ultime up all the time). Our healer couldn't do nothing against this high damage, and we died xD.

This honestly sounds like " idk how to counter it, nerf it please. "
    Options
  • Dudis
    Dudis
    ✭✭✭
    More like "I don't want to put any effort into it".
    Options
  • arnaldomoraleseb17_ESO
    This honestly sounds like " idk how to counter it, nerf it please. "

You could say me how counter them.... Oh wait, you are a vampire. Next.

Dudis wrote: »

Nah... Maybe you are who don't want to put any effort into it, playing as vampire in easy mode.
    Options
  • Dudis
    Dudis
    ✭✭✭

Nah... Maybe you are who don't want to put any effort into it, playing as vampire in easy mode.

And yet i only run into like 2 people per day with silver bolts in their build.

Once they fix the "Oh you killed someone? Nice, now you can't sneak for two minutes!"-crap, I might consider dropping Vamp.
    Edited by Dudis on April 28, 2014 4:04PM
    Options
  • Gaudrath
    Gaudrath
    ✭✭✭

And yet i only run into like 2 people per day with silver bolts in their build.

So what? Silver bolts should not be mandatory to carry around. Or if you think it's proper that I should be forced to slot a skill that's only useful against a certain build and *** against anything else, I think you should spontaneously burst into flame during day and be feared if I have garlic in my inventory.

If you wanna play an unstoppable monster that requires special effort to take down, fine by me - with equal drawbacks to offset that.
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My light attacks hit for around as much as silver bolts. The 5% proc is not something I would consider reliable. So that leaves the knockdown, which is comparable to many other skills that do as much damage, and have no knockdown restrictions.

So as far as I can see the only thing that makes silver bolts particularly effective against vampires is the 5% proc.

So my question is why, specifically, is Silver Bolts good against vampires.
    Edited by Armitas on April 28, 2014 4:16PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fire. Even with resistance gear, fire can even one shot Vr vamps with certain ultimates like meteor. It helps to have fire weapons too. Heres the problem with fire as a weakness to vampires...its not.

Large fights is the only place a vampire can shine with his skills. He has Drain essence which he can continuously use so long as he has a new target. 5-15 players in the immediate area means he has that many full restore health targets.

He has mist form which removes his weakness of fire for 4 seconds. This is a bit of a problem since his weakness is supposed to be fire yet for a cheap cost and up to 50% movement speed morph buff he now has 75% mitigation to his weakness+any other source of damage+immune to control effects. One might say the effect also prevents him from healing as a drawback but who needs healing at this point in the effect?

Another problem is if we know for sure that Drain essence is considered "heal magic" because if it is not then a vampire can drain essence in mist form for health return when he is not supposed to be. This should be looked into...just in case.

Another concern is if Mist form 75% damage mitigation is stacking with undeath 50% mitigation passive for 125% mitigation. If this is in fact stacking then what you have if a vampire in mist form with 125% mitigation to include mitigation to his weakness, fire.

The undeath passive is also another way to ignore fire weakness since you have it at 50% mitigation of damage to include fire. If they take 50% more damage from fire, than this passive negates that weakness up to 50%.

What is happening here with vampire is not that they have insane skills and overpowered ultimates, its that the weaknesses they have are being mitigated and removed through undeath passive and mist form, while also adding fire resistance from gear/potions/etc. to mitigate the weakness further.
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

Options
  • Skylandra
    Skylandra
    ✭✭✭
    Op - I run a similar build to you - The only Vampire who killed me so far in the campaign was the Pact Emperor. Feed them Some Silver Bullets - its a great Diet plan.
    Standard also works a treat and I would Imagine Magma Armor too. Add in some Inferno and other fiery treats and you'll soon see a Wimp"pire" trying to run away from you. ( Use potions too ;) )
    Options
  • Utherix
    Utherix
    ✭✭✭
    Does evil hunter proc chance apply to silver bolts?
    Options
  • moXrox
    moXrox
    ✭✭✭
    Certain Vampire builds do not only AoE damage they get healed a lot and it seems the Vampire ultimate is bugged.

The more enemy players are around the more healing they get.
    Edited by moXrox on April 28, 2014 10:19PM
    Music Channel:
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCQHvIypA0v70w4uu_ej8wyg/featured
    Tolkien Fantasy Music, Medieval, Pagan & Nordic Music Style
    Options
  • Milky
    Milky
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently you can rclick lclick bash them out of mist form. Have yet to test it.
    Options
  • xhrit
    xhrit
    ✭✭✭
    Another problem is if we know for sure that Drain essence is considered "heal magic" because if it is not then a vampire can drain essence in mist form for health return when he is not supposed to be.

You can't do anything in mist form except walk. Nothing.

Options
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    My light attacks hit for around as much as silver bolts. The 5% proc is not something I would consider reliable. So that leaves the knockdown, which is comparable to many other skills that do as much damage, and have no knockdown restrictions.

So as far as I can see the only thing that makes silver bolts particularly effective against vampires is the 5% proc.

wth my silverbolts hit for 220-450. I cant do that with light attack.
    Options
  • Thevenin
    Thevenin
    ✭✭
    Most vampires say it isn't OP, pretty much everyone else says it is.

Make your own opinion.
    Options
  • Morticielle
    Morticielle
    ✭✭✭
    Thevenin wrote: »
    Most vampires say it isn't OP, pretty much everyone else says it is.

Make your own opinion.
    Vampires are right, else are just jealous ... :wink:
    Lady Morticielle d'Aragòn |VR12| Sorcerer | PvP Rank 21 (Major Grade I) | EU-Megaserver | AD

Subscription cancelled due to the following facts:

- Zenimax implements more bugs from patch to patch
    - Zenimax does not care about the increasing instability of the game. People have more and more crashes Fix of memory bug decreased number of crashes considerably
    - Zenimax has still not fully fixed the fps drops they (!) implemented with patch1.2.3
    - Zenimax does nothing to fix the massive ability lags in PvP
    - Zenimax gives more attention to unnecassary 'content' like dyes for armors than fixing issues
    - In patchnotes Zenimax lies about bugs allegedly fixed
    - Zenimax has no plan as to how balance population in Cyrodiil campaigns
    - Support is ineffective and does not even speak in a way one can linguistically understand

Options
  • cisadanepajsuxrwb17_ESO
    I wonder if throwing garlic works
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kypho wrote: »
    Armitas wrote: »

wth my silverbolts hit for 220-450. I cant do that with light attack.

I can hit 220 with a non crit light attack. I take it the 450 is a crit? If that is the case it should also be the case for me as well when I crit.

Maybe it's my perspective from a 2 hander but I just can't see that amount of damage being particularly effective.
    Edited by Armitas on April 30, 2014 10:24AM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • Kevaliji
    Kevaliji
    Never had a problem with non DK/sorc vamps. Being a medium armor wearing orc that has stamina pots slotted at all times, i just sprint in their mist and spam Killer blade until it crits.
    Options
  • awkwarrd
    awkwarrd
    ✭✭✭
    Kevaliji wrote: »
    Never had a problem with non DK/sorc vamps. Being a medium armor wearing orc that has stamina pots slotted at all times, i just sprint in their mist and spam Killer blade until it crits.
    That would be because those class's can't abuse ulti reduction abilities.

Not sure how stamina potions help with "Killer's Blade".. it uses magicka..
    Options
  • leewells
    leewells
    ✭✭✭

LOL all. A VL5 with max fighter's guild can't do anything against a vamp DK VL 1 using inhale and bats when there are more than 2-3 people around.

Breakdown:

Leash/Bolt -- nada, if you do hit them for the meager 250 damage,they regen 1800 from bats
    Turn Undead/Circle -- nada, except fear, but when their ult only costs 10, a simple break of the fear, inhale, and bats again.

Simple point of the matter is -- if WW ult and every other ult in this game can't build while its active, then neither should vamp ults. Other than that, the ult cost should be MUCH higher than it currently is.

Vamp is horrifically OP and PVP is nearly at 90% vamp (just a quick statistic from the past week of pvping). If you ever want to know what class or ability/class is OP, go into PVP and see what most people use -- it's very telling.
    Edited by leewells on April 30, 2014 10:36AM
    Options
  • Kevaliji
    Kevaliji
    Kevaliji wrote: »
    That would be because those class's can't abuse ulti reduction abilities.

Not sure how stamina potions help with "Killer's Blade".. it uses magicka..
    I use the stam pots to sprint for long periods of time, sorry i was unclear.
    Options
  • awkwarrd
    awkwarrd
    ✭✭✭
    leewells wrote: »
    Simple point of the matter is -- if WW ult and every other ult in this game can't build while its active, then neither should vamp ults. Other than that, the ult cost should be MUCH higher than it currently is.
    Yeah but.. the skill is broken..
    And no balance patch notes or anything on the PTS to show any upcoming changes.. so people are just going hard on the abuse.
    leewells wrote: »
    Vamp is horrifically OP and PVP is nearly at 90% vamp (just a quick statistic from the past week of pvping). If you ever want to know what class or ability/class is OP, go into PVP and see what most people use -- it's very telling.
    That's what happens when people find a bug or broken skill, they just abuse it till fixed.
    And with how the DEV's are playing gently with their PVE, it will be a long time before they care enough to pay attention to the PVP.
    Options