The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Veteran Level isn t Fun its a grind

• WilliamTee
    WilliamTee
    ✭✭✭
    To clarify...

The OP likes Elder Scrolls... but is complaining that he has to do some more Elder Scrolls... ?
  • Hakuichi
    Hakuichi
    ✭✭✭
    hauke wrote: »
    i could have more fun in planetscape 2 for free.... but i payed cause ii like elderscrolls, don t make me regret that decision

I am so sorry, how dare they not make the game to suit what YOU want. Game devs should learn that the only thing that matters is @hauke has fun. Who cares what other players enjoy.
  • hauke
    hauke
    ✭✭✭
    its not about nerfing...mostely, but if you do exactly the same quest 6 times do you want to waste time ? if you do exactly the same quest 8 times .... do you want to waste time even more ?
  • steven_shidiwenb16_ESO
    Everyone just shut up and do the damn levels like everyone else had to do to get VR10. Bunch of casuals.

Also if you are complaining at VR1 (which is 490k exp) what will you say when you reach VR9? (4.1million exp)
    Edited by steven_shidiwenb16_ESO on April 22, 2014 4:41PM
  • MrSourGit
    MrSourGit
    So you don't like the game ? Quit ..... quietly :)
  • WilliamTee
    WilliamTee
    ✭✭✭
    umm... in what way are you doing the same quests multiple times? You mean levelling alts?
  • Hakuichi
    Hakuichi
    ✭✭✭
    WilliamTee wrote: »
    umm... in what way are you doing the same quests multiple times? You mean levelling alts?

I think he is confused.
  • steven_shidiwenb16_ESO
    i breezed through before veteran now i goto grind

thats not fun

Clearly didn't breeze through if you are just NOW reaching Veteran ranks.

• WilliamTee
    WilliamTee
    ✭✭✭
    not-sure-if-trolling-or-just-stupid.jpg
  • Mailmann
    Mailmann
    ✭✭✭
    i could have more fun in planetscape 2 for free.... but i payed cause ii like elderscrolls, don t make me regret that decision
    Is that a threat? :p

• hauke
    hauke
    ✭✭✭
    Mailmann wrote: »
    Is that a threat? :p
    i allready paid for 90 days cash can t threat zos

• Torasi
    Torasi
    ✭✭
    Wait I'm confused, why do we care about whether or not you think the game is fun? Oh wait we dont.
    "Only the proud and mighty dare to follow the ways of Talos"
  • jimdove
    jimdove
    ✭✭
    once i hit level 50, my end game is RVR, RVR has no limits to what can happen. I will only care about levels if I get something from them, ie, a tier for new gear etc. I do not play games just to hit a goal, its to have fun and murder/*** in RVR
    Edited by jimdove on April 22, 2014 5:29PM
  • Inco
    Inco
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do have to agree the SHIFT from 1-50 to VR1-10 was a MASSIVE bump in required grind time. At the same time you are basically cramming 5 levels into 1 VR level, but XP is harder to come by now in VR questing/playing. Mob's count for way less and the XP is very high while you really MUST do every single quest in the game or be on the "Winning" Side of PVP constantly.

Maybe they should scale the XP a little more on Mob's. It's sad that I kill a VRx Skeever and get 42 points, but I kill a group of 3 VRx and get 42 points too. Huh? Seems by fight now?
  • Spidermonk
    Spidermonk
    ✭✭✭
    but veteran lvl 1 is not fun its a grind so why should i pay to grind ?

What is this? I can't even...(this makes me odd right? :3 )

They are GIVING you the opportunity to play the other factions quests without needing to reroll another toon. As others have stated you don't need to be VR10 to enjoy a lot (if not all) of the veteran content.

Sit back, enjoy the questing. Why the hell is there such a rush to reach the point of having nothing to do?
    btw if i have a problem killing 2 zombies i don t feel heroic

Umm...that's called PEBKAC. It's people like you that will completely RUIN any challenge/fun this game has to offer because you suck so badly.

Edited by Spidermonk on April 22, 2014 6:22PM
  • Korghan
    Korghan
    DIdn't you all understand?

With that VR "content" they're just winning time with very few investment, they just changed quests rewards and mob hps/damages. And of course they lowered every XP you earn for each of this quests.

Now, you have to finish the game 3 times (and the 2 last are harder than the 1st) before you will come here to complain about the *** endgame content : guess what, there is not.
  • Cydone
    Cydone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Level 1-50 I enjoyed the quests of my home areas.
    Rank 1-10 I enjoyed the quests of the other two.

How is it any different?

Because not all of us enjoy the questing in this game. 1-50 is fine. But, I think it's a lazy design decision to just have you go through all the other alliances quests as well. Instead of developing something more dynamic to keep you engaged, they give you busy work to do instead.

Having it the way it is now also devalues the replayability of the game. Meaning leveling up a character in another alliance once you've hit VR10 on one character. There is no more discovery or surprises in the quests or the areas you visit in these other alliances because you've already played through ALL of them by the time you hit VR10.

Plus it is a MINDLESS grind. I'm at VR4 right now and I need 1.8 MILLION xp to get to VR5! I mean WTF! I have completed EVERY quest, dungeon, dolmen and world boss on the Malabal Tor map and I STILL need 800k more xp to get to VR5!

Either they need to allow questing in the PvP zone to grant a equal amount of XP that's given from the Veteran Rank map areas(only once you become VR yourself) or they need to REALLY increase the amount of XP gained from those VR quests. Cause this sh*t is just insane to someone that hates PvE crap, like me.
  • Reignskream
    Reignskream
    ✭✭✭✭
    i pay to play to have fun, not to grind

Well if its that boring to you maybe MMO's arent for you, as its all one big grind come end game., same goes for other MMO's.
    Edited by Reignskream on April 22, 2014 6:12PM
  • Nooblet
    Nooblet
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll admit I got tired of doing quest after quest, until 8 when I realized I could do vet dungeons for really good xp. 8-10 took less than 2 days and plenty of epic vet10 loot. So cheer up, its not just quests till the end (unless you want to)
  • Cydone
    Cydone
    ✭✭✭✭

Well if its that boring to you maybe MMO's arent for you, as its all one big grind come end game., same goes for other MMO's.
    Not really. Not all MMO's are like that. TOR, even though I hate the end game crap, had an enjoyable leveling experience. And I HATE leveling in PvE. But the storyline was good and kept me somewhat engaged throughout the entire leveling experience. Same with GW2, it's not as "grindy" as a lot of MMO's out right now. AND SWG wasn't NEARLY as grindy once the NGE came out.

There are other ways they can do things, but they copied the way WoW does it and other games like WoW. Just a mindless grind, full of busy work that's not in the least bit engaging.
  • george.smithb16_ESO
    LOL it's such a simple concept.

Some people like this game, some don't.

They are not going to completely change the design of the game just for you because you're so special.

So bottom line, if you don't like it, don't play it. That's really the best way to get your message across.

OP, Your post here will do nothing to change your game experience.
  • Reignskream
    Reignskream
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cydone wrote: »

Not really. Not all MMO's are like that. TOR, even though I hate the end game crap, had an enjoyable leveling experience. And I HATE leveling in PvE. But the storyline was good and kept me somewhat engaged throughout the entire leveling experience. Same with GW2, it's not as "grindy" as a lot of MMO's out right now. AND SWG wasn't NEARLY as grindy once the NGE came out.

There are other ways they can do things, but they copied the way WoW does it and other games like WoW. Just a mindless grind, full of busy work that's not in the least bit engaging.

Your always grinding to get that achievement, to get that new piece of gear, or to get that new title.

MMO's are mainly one big grind, sugar coat it however you please. & don't bring up SWG, it makes me sad. :'(

Edited by Reignskream on April 22, 2014 6:22PM
  • Koltiros1005b14a_ESO
    grumpy.jpg
    |----Cometh' at me bro'eth.--- Aldmeri Dominion NA, Veteran,----|
    | -~Bug reporter extraordinaire-~|
  • Cydone
    Cydone
    ✭✭✭✭

Your always grinding to get that achievement, to get that new piece of gear, or to get that new title.

MMO's are mainly one big grind, sugar coat it however you please. & don't bring up SWG, it makes me sad. :'(

There's a big difference if a particular games "grind" is engaging/entertaining, so it doesn't feel like a grind and what this game has in place right now.
  • Reignskream
    Reignskream
    ✭✭✭✭

There's a big difference if a particular games "grind" is engaging/entertaining, so it doesn't feel like a grind and what this game has in place right now.

To each his own.
  • LunacyInbound
    LunacyInbound
    Soul Shriven
    If you didn't want to grind, maybe you shouldn't have "breezed" through the game so quickly!
    wut.
  • Socratic
    Socratic
    ✭✭✭
    An old game, Legend of Mir, all you could do to level was kill mobs, and each level just about doubled experience you needed to attain the next level. Imagine how many hours you'd need to put in to get to the next level when that level requires 50 or 100 million exp points, and mobs giving around 2,000 exp each. Sorry to say, but a 10 day grind is nothing, people these days ..
  • Nooblet
    Nooblet
    ✭✭✭✭
    Level 1-50 I enjoyed the quests of my home areas.
    Rank 1-10 I enjoyed the quests of the other two.

How is it any different?

Because not all of us enjoy the questing in this game. 1-50 is fine. But, I think it's a lazy design decision to just have you go through all the other alliances quests as well. Instead of developing something more dynamic to keep you engaged, they give you busy work to do instead.

Having it the way it is now also devalues the replayability of the game. Meaning leveling up a character in another alliance once you've hit VR10 on one character. There is no more discovery or surprises in the quests or the areas you visit in these other alliances because you've already played through ALL of them by the time you hit VR10.

Plus it is a MINDLESS grind. I'm at VR4 right now and I need 1.8 MILLION xp to get to VR5! I mean WTF! I have completed EVERY quest, dungeon, dolmen and world boss on the Malabal Tor map and I STILL need 800k more xp to get to VR5!

Either they need to allow questing in the PvP zone to grant a equal amount of XP that's given from the Veteran Rank map areas(only once you become VR yourself) or they need to REALLY increase the amount of XP gained from those VR quests. Cause this sh*t is just insane to someone that hates PvE crap, like me.

Not sure how the lower vet dungeons are, but the higher ones give great xp. I think someone said you need to be 8 to get full effect, not sure if that's accurate. But in wayrest sewers I was getting 350k ish per 15-20 min run with a decent group.
  • Haduis
    Haduis
    ✭✭✭
    I've cancelled my sub and four of my friends that are in VRs are severely losing interest in the game. I can see it in how less and less frequent their log-ins have become.

Veteran Ranks are anti-fun, bad game design, and all around a joke. When a majority of the playerbase reaches VRs, this game's numbers will plummet.
    The issue is you can't play the way you want to, unless the way you want to play is questing for week on end.

Can't play with your friends? Check.
    Can't grind mobs? Check.
    Can't PvP in Cyrodiil? Check.
    CAN QUEST? CHECKCHECKCHECK.

Fixes? Allow us to obtain "decent" VR XP in Cyrodiil. Allow us to grind VR XP out on mobs. Allow us to grind VR with our low level friends, so we can play together. The core issues with this game are how we can't play the way we want to, we have to play linearly, without being able to play with friends who aren't EXACTLY where we are.

Unfortunately, it feels like this is just another game made by a company that is only interested in the money they can collect off of box sales. There's just enough content to squeeze a month or two of subscription money out of their players to top it off. Once they have that, you're expendable. The proof of this is in the patch notes. Quest fixes? Great. Doesn't change how this game fundamentally plays. They WANT you to stay playing they way they want you to play, it extends your subscription.

tldr: I like this game, I love the PvP, but VRs have ultimately lost Zenimax my sub and I can see my friends list log-ins becoming less and less frequent.
  • Reignskream
    Reignskream
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haduis wrote: »
    I've cancelled my sub and four of my friends that are in VRs are severely losing interest in the game. I can see it in how less and less frequent their log-ins have become.

Veteran Ranks are anti-fun, bad game design, and all around a joke. When a majority of the playerbase reaches VRs, this game's numbers will plummet.
    The issue is you can't play the way you want to, unless the way you want to play is questing for week on end.

Can't play with your friends? Check.
    Can't grind mobs? Check.
    Can't PvP in Cyrodiil? Check.
    CAN QUEST? CHECKCHECKCHECK.

Fixes? Allow us to obtain "decent" VR XP in Cyrodiil. Allow us to grind VR XP out on mobs. Allow us to grind VR with our low level friends, so we can play together. The core issues with this game are how we can't play the way we want to, we have to play linearly, without being able to play with friends who aren't EXACTLY where we are.

Unfortunately, it feels like this is just another game made by a company that is only interested in the money they can collect off of box sales. There's just enough content to squeeze a month or two of subscription money out of their players to top it off. Once they have that, you're expendable. The proof of this is in the patch notes. Quest fixes? Great. Doesn't change how this game fundamentally plays. They WANT you to stay playing they way they want you to play, it extends your subscription.

tldr: I like this game, I love the PvP, but VRs have ultimately lost Zenimax my sub and I can see my friends list log-ins becoming less and less frequent.

So your telling me when i get up to vr ranks, i cant play with my friends, grind mobs, and pvp. it blocks me from doing any of that?