Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please stop stealing chests being worked on.

• Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    What sucks is when people leave the worms, crawlers, or crawdads in a plant node and just take the plant. Then that fake out is left there for however long while a fresh real plant could have respawned in the mean time if it weren't hogging the spot.

Somebody (I'm not going to look the thread up) has already experimented and determined that it doesn't matter whether they take the internal materials or not, the respawn timer is set by them looking inside the materials container. Whether they leave materials in there or not doesn't matter except that it is still visible as a container.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • YourNameHere
    YourNameHere
    ✭✭✭
    Whisper292 wrote: »
    The worst is when you successfully open it, then realize your inventory is full, and while you're rearranging things, somebody comes up and takes the loot out of the chest. Not. Cool.

This actually annoyed me for a while, but with the Legerman line, I just am happy I get the EXP from opening the chest!
    NA Megaserver / RPer
    Alinyssa Gaethar - AD || Raahni-do - AD || Wind-In-Tree's-Shadow - DC
  • SpireofSouls
    SpireofSouls
    ✭✭
    I couldn't agreed more, I had few players waiting to see if I have failed unfort I got it before they did. Yes it is rude for someone to wait and steal your treasures. Since it is flooded with a lot of players and not giving much room to find thing on their own.

If you feel bad about this, then follow that player and harass it, steal anything they try get from you. So they may teach them a lesson. There a lot of players doesn't care about you, they do whatever they please!
  • reagen_lionel
    reagen_lionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    you know this is EXACTLY why it was designed to have a timer.
    So people who fail, give others a chance to get it.

if you fail your shot someone else has the chance of getting it if they're standing nearby.

Its not so much as being rude as it is being fair game and the person who failed simply throwing a tantrum cause they failed at their attempt.

this is the literal definition of carebear right here. And I usually dont use that term.
    But its people like that, that makes games get so crappily simple.
    Edited by reagen_lionel on March 31, 2015 7:20AM
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    your asking a thief......to stop stealing?!?!?!
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just RPing thieves?!
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • ch1no92
    ch1no92
    ✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    Well this is generally my policy anyways. I actually saw someone fail a chest in Stonefalls the other day and I left them alone to retry even though chests, rather than bosses, is were I get most of my loot from.

Really? "Rather than bosses"? ftlog
  • ch1no92
    ch1no92
    ✭✭
    Let us know what the results were from reporting that player.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How does someone even fail to open a chest? There's a sound and visual effect to indicate the correct place to let go of the LMB, even master chests (which are very rare) are incredibly simple to open in one try. If others steal the chest because you fail, learn to get it in the first try instead of complaining about it.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Dedder
    Dedder
    Soul Shriven
    Yes the person who steals the chest out from under you is role playing theiving a thief in ESO.
    I figure they're probably rude in RL too.
    :P