The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

cheaters , bots, why dont you do something about it after you get a report?!?!

KapetanJebach
Since i see that the customer support ingame hardly egsists , and that is a shameful situation that will kill this game very soon if it doesnt change, ill open this tread hopefully someone from Zenimax will see it, as i sincerely doubt you even read tickets that are sent ingame. The topic is BOTS camping bosses. We all know you can't stop cheaters from cheating , BUT WHY CANT YOU STOP THEM AFTER THEY'RE BEING REPORTED?????? I'VE SENT YOU 5 TICKETS 1 WEEK AGO, that there are bots , ingame names masanladi , Msnhg, Madruin,jianr,Sinkk , camping boss in Vinedeath cave in Grathwood , and after 1 week i come back ,and see what?? SAME BOTS CAMPING SAME BOSS ON THE SAME PLACE!! Zenimax,that is just shameful from you. And then you have the nerve and send me and email saying : We are sorry to hear you will cancel your subscription??? Why should i pay for it , when you don't have the decency to prevent the basic cheating AFTER BEING REPORTED. YOUR LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE IS KILLING THE GAME, if you dont do something on deleting the bots after reporting issue, the game is good as dead. I think 24 h should be quite enough time for a GM to appear in game after the reported ticket , stay and watch for 5 mins , and then come back in 24h to observe the situation again. That should be quite enough to realise who is a bot , and who is a regular player. If you don't do it, then i doubt you will stay a GM for a long time , as you will have no GAME to MASTER :D. I demand a response on this topic from moderator or GM.
  • speker3
    speker3
    I for one would rather they actually take their damn time and sort out their automated ban system instead of being rushed into a quick faulty release by people like you.
    Look at the product of your impatience...
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/82921/information-on-recent-account-bans
    I have a hard time believing any of those people you reported deserve priority over paying customers who can't even access the game or reach level 10
    This is an MMO launch.................(no amounts of ... can stress this further)

You should know the tickets are far past backed up and they have so many tickets to skim through that many normal average players all over these forums are being caught in the crossfire of either trigger happy reporting players or faulty auto cheat detection programs. Players caught in the crossfire are stuck waiting more then 3 days just for someone to reply that their ticket has been escalated to the terms of service department for review, and yet another 3-6 days for the ToS team to get around to removing their suspension. Some people are lucky and get a admin to reply to desperate forum posts and instantly remove suspensions, while others just have their post closed as the forum is not the place for appeals.

You may think they are doing nothing to ban these individuals, but the system is so backed up by more urgent tickets that there is a significant delay before they can get to them. You think a week is bad to wait for a bundle of specific botters to be removed? My friend has waited 7 days and still counting for them to remove his suspension and even try to come up with so much as an automated reason for the suspension.
    On the bright side they have started to ban botters by the thousands in mass banning waves, even if a few people are caught here and there.
  • sicklylordrobert
    I am not playing as the bots make the dungeons an awful experience. Pity that a nice game was broken by stupid people.
  • Filena
    Filena
    Soul Shriven
    sorry speker3, but i think they should have gm for normal bug and gm who do only ban on cheater.
  • speker3
    speker3
    I am not playing as the bots make the dungeons an awful experience. Pity that a nice game was broken by stupid people.

???? You do realize those dungeons are more bland and boring than the overworld even without bots right? They are generic caves with 20 scattered mobs of the same type and one laughable boss which is lucky to ever have any cool attacks or perks other then being slightly bigger then the previous mobs and drop better stuff... If lack of the intended dungeon experience is preventing you from playing, then you must have finished all the quests worthwhile.. (i recommend you do the pvp cyrodiil dungeons for an improved dungeon experience)

Also, i noticed you posted a very similar thread to this one (damn near identical) and whats worse is you posted it 2 minutes after commenting on this one according to the time stamps. Forums will always tell you to find and post within a thread covering your topic of concern before attempting to create your own thread to avoid spamming. You are intentionally spamming as it appears..
  • speker3
    speker3
    Filena wrote: »
    sorry speker3, but i think they should have gm for normal bug and gm who do only ban on cheater.
    I completely agree, unfortunately it doesn't seem they have it setup in such a way, they don't seem to have the man power and are skimming too fast through reports and setting up faulty automated programs to try to cut down the volume and majority of cheaters.
    The sheer amount of reports and volume of cheaters is making it impossible to have such a manual banning system until they ride out the storm. Otherwise they hire 1000's of people only to not need them anymore 2 weeks later.
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I disagree that farming a boss is a bad thing, I do however believe that the BOTS running around dungeons must be addressed. They are I admit funny to follow about and very easy to spot. So in an hour a GM could travel around all the low level dungeons and easily ban these. While this won't stop Botting a concerted effort a couple of times a week will drastically reduce this issue.
  • steveb16_ESO46
    steveb16_ESO46
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    speker3 wrote: »

???? You do realize those dungeons are more bland and boring than the overworld even without bots right?

You do realise you cannot speak for or dictate what other people find entertaining right?
  • ArRashid
    ArRashid
    ✭✭✭✭
    tba9drjlkt39.bmp

This absurdity was present in Sheogorath's Tongue - everyone in this screen is a bot - I took the time to report most, but I guess it won't be of any difference.. I've counted 16 bots in that image, probably more but they all stand inside each other most of the time.

I've tried pulling the "boss" out of that crowd with my chain, but there were so many bots that by the time she flew to me she was at less than 10% HP and I still couldn't loot her.. shame.

What about autobanning everyone who spends more than 15 minutes in the boss room? Or at least flagging them as possible bots and if they do it again then ban them for eternity?

I wish there were more severe punishments for this - perhaps:
    - if you get caught botting, ALL your remaining game time will be set to ZERO and you'll get kicked out, having to buy new game time... more money for Zenimax, less money for botters (making it NOT WORTH IT for them), eveyone is happy.
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArRashid wrote: »

I wish there were more severe punishments for this - perhaps:
    - if you get caught botting, ALL your remaining game time will be set to ZERO and you'll get kicked out, having to buy new game time... more money for Zenimax, less money for botters (making it NOT WORTH IT for them), eveyone is happy.

Actually looking at this I would say these are just players farming the boss, which in my opinion is fine.
    The bots are easy to spot as they are wearing the same gear and more or less stand on top of each other.
    So you are reporting players so they will not get banned as they are not doing anything wrong.
    Just because they are standing waiting for a boss doesn't make them bots, if you are having difficulty killing the boss ( you do have to be quick with your attack) ask to join a group with others there, only the most ignorant would not help.

You are right though Bots need to be removed from the game but we do need to be careful to only ban bots, not actual players playing in a manner that you don't like.
  • drakanor
    drakanor
    ✭✭
    Actually looking at this I would say these are just players farming the boss, which in my opinion is fine.
    The bots are easy to spot as they are wearing the same gear and more or less stand on top of each other.
    So you are reporting players so they will not get banned as they are not doing anything wrong.
    Just because they are standing waiting for a boss doesn't make them bots, if you are having difficulty killing the boss ( you do have to be quick with your attack) ask to join a group with others there, only the most ignorant would not help.

About 10 to 16 ppl attacking the very second the boss spawns, using exactly the same attacks and running back to the exact same place the stood before. They are not moving in between and they do not respond to chat. For 1 hour and more.

Yeah right, that must be regular players.

I was doing some public dungeons in Auridon today, and ALL of them had at least 6-7 bots camping the boss. Sometimes more than 10. It's hard to even land a hit on the boss because he dies almost instantly.
    Edited by drakanor on April 22, 2014 9:06AM
  • ArRashid
    ArRashid
    ✭✭✭✭
    Signs of a bot:
    1) do not respond in chat, ever
    2) totally random names, usually not even starting with capital letter
    3) stand totally stiff until the boss spawns, then fight and pursue with astounding reflexes and speed

ALL of those in that screenshot had those aspects. And several more botters wanted to join them, but after seeing the crowd they rather moved to the next dungeon.

btw you can see that most of them still wear starting gear + some random quest rewards to try and mask it - most of them still have chest from prophet's chest and soul-shriven pants..
  • Darzil
    Darzil
    ✭✭✭
    It is somewhat incredible how high a level these bots manage to get to. I can understand getting to the first dungeon before being banned, but they still seem quite numerous in the second mainland zone (albeit not Ondil levels).
  • drakanor
    drakanor
    ✭✭
    Darzil wrote: »
    It is somewhat incredible how high a level these bots manage to get to. I can understand getting to the first dungeon before being banned, but they still seem quite numerous in the second mainland zone (albeit not Ondil levels).

That's exactly what's this thread is about. They obviously don't get banned, despite the fact that they must have been reported several times on their way to level 20+.
  • niocwy
    niocwy
    ✭✭✭
    That's because they are not banned. For some reason, botters were not affected by the recent ban wave (or maybe they appealed too ? :D ) or they clearly wouldn't be so high level...
    Look at my profile picture. Visualize that muffin...smelling it...taking a bite...
    Are you hungry now ?
    Good.
  • cisadanepajsuxrwb17_ESO
    I am pretty sure they dont do single bans 24/7, what they do is banwaves. All MMOs do this. They dont want to take too much valuable human resources perhaps to ban individual accounts? If they pooled the accounts until a few thousand then do it in one fell swoop I think its more efficient (from their point of view)
  • class101
    class101
    ✭✭✭
    They don't do a single real time ban because they don't have a single GM online playing. Sad but true
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I for one would rather they actually take their damn time and sort out their automated ban system instead of being rushed into a quick faulty release by people like you.
    Look at the product of your impatience...
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/82921/information-on-recent-account-bans
    I have a hard time believing any of those people you reported deserve priority over paying customers who can't even access the game or reach level 10
    This is an MMO launch.................(no amounts of ... can stress this further)
    Since ZOS said quite clearly in a follow-up to that one you linked to this was NOT an auto-ban but a MANUAL one, one in which I was caught, then what you posted here is irrelevant, isn't it?
  • foot_baller24
    foot_baller24
    ✭✭
    I witnessed lvl 45+ bots today in cold harbour bout 16+ of them.... we managed to get them stuck on a table but they're getting smarted and learned to jump over it..
  • Maokyel
    Maokyel
    I think the Bots will win the war, there are so many of them ... cant stop them all
    Sarah Connor was right ...
    Edited by Maokyel on April 22, 2014 9:57AM
  • TOGScorch
    TOGScorch
    Soul Shriven
    Maybe they should add a loot lock to these bosses, once a character has looted a boss it doesn't drop anything for them again.
  • thegamekittenub17_ESO
    It begins with that first customer buying gold, then it spreads more and more as a few more customers BUY gold, until it is a frenzy mess.

If these gold spammers/their bots didn't have customers (and by the look of it they have plenty) they would leave.

So just banning the gold spammers with their bots isn't the way to correct this mess...ban the buyer.

This could be done rightfully with no oops if there was GMs in game and someone monitoring/tracking information.

There are MMOs out there that ban buyers.

The problem isn't the gold spammer and their bots...it is their customers.
  • Raash
    Raash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maokyel wrote: »
    I think the Bots will win the war, there are so many of them ... cant stop them all
    Sarah Connor was right ...

Yeah, Z-max sure seems to think so & have given up on them at least. Such a fricking shame of an otherwise good game.
  • Rainbow
    Rainbow
    Blame the people who are buying gold. I hope they are perm banned too.
  • Perseas
    Perseas
    ✭✭✭
    Thats why I never report anybody... Because from my experience in WoW, they never do anything... They may do the ones they cannot control... But they dont touch most of them.

You should consider 1 thing, before you even bother reporting them.

All these, are chinese and Koreans.. Have you ever considered, why in the universe, in such a big countries, with so many million of populations, they dont give them 1 server to play. But they have them, to drain our pockets as gold sellers and in different Epirus. (its not only ESO, but all mmos)... They could simply block any chinese or korean IP, from EU and USA.

This is a question that nobody ever will give u a clear answer. Because they want them to do that. There is many reasons. I was reporting also 100s of invisible bots in WoW and sellers, but I always met them, again and again... till I quitted reporting.
    Edited by Perseas on April 22, 2014 10:39AM
  • Rantog
    Rantog
    ✭✭✭✭
    I for one would rather they actually take their damn time and sort out their automated ban system

I for one would rather they stop trying to do what Every MMO before them has tried to do - and FAILED to do.

Automated systems to detect and ban these people have Never been reliable.

A Human Presence is the only reliable means of finding - Considering the situation - and deciding a ban in a timely manner.

A Single In-Game GM could easily ban Hundreds of these people every day. But they would rather leave us to suffer with useless chats -plagued with spammers, and useless dungeons -plagued with bots ... while they work on Eventually getting a "software" solution to work.. which is about as likely as me winning the lotto without buying a ticket.
  • AryaWythers
    AryaWythers
    ✭✭✭

Also, i noticed you posted a very similar thread to this one (damn near identical) and whats worse is you posted it 2 minutes after commenting on this one according to the time stamps. Forums will always tell you to find and post within a thread covering your topic of concern before attempting to create your own thread to avoid spamming. You are intentionally spamming as it appears..

Are you really making an issue because some one posted their own thread...most forums would be against you ACCUSING people of wrong doing!!!

Not cool to try to get people in trouble cause you don't agree with them

Edited by AryaWythers on April 22, 2014 12:16PM
  • saki
    saki
    ✭✭✭
    It is also easy to recognize them when they wear starting gear. I have witnesed how they ban bots in cave, they just disappear but after 5-10 minutes they spawn again and in larger numbers, all names with two letters repating and all in starting robes.

They ban them but they just reappear very fast.
  • Reenlister
    Reenlister
    ✭✭✭
    Bots, gold sellers, they are a real problem. They do ruin the experience of the boss battle, they do flood the market with spam, now they even email us. But as someone had said before, as long as some people buy from them, then they don't see a reason to go. The real problem is the buyers. Its supply and demand. As long as people are continuing to buy the product, the bans serve as a temporary fix, the spammers / sellers just get another access. I just cant understand the mentality of the buyers anyway, why would you be so shallow in yourself as to buy this game in the first place, only to have to buy your way up in money and loot? I guess for some people the ability to just buy their way up makes them feel empowered somehow. They should just go stick to the F2P games where they can use the cash shop all day to end game with no one batting an eye.
  • BaKaNoOB
    BaKaNoOB
    ✭✭✭
    Perseas wrote: »
    ... They could simply block any chinese or korean IP, from EU and USA...
    Have you heard about proxy servers - no luck for blocking ip-s , it is not so simple to ban korean or china IP-s
    no offence, i hate bots too look whet they did to D3 for example

Edited by BaKaNoOB on April 22, 2014 12:33PM
  • ArRashid
    ArRashid
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think those dummies are actually getting gold, so why talking about trading? It's all just scam to get your credit card info to buy new accounts and spam some more and probably a way to get keyloggers to your computer to hack even their own accounts.

But yeah, as long as there are people stupid enough to go to those scam webs, there will be a steady (or even increasing) supply of scammers and botters.

To hack your account they need
    - your password
    - your mail address
    - your mail password
    To get to your account from different IP. If they get all 3, I guarantee YOU did something to allow them to get them (really easy/same names and passwords, getting a keylogger into your system). I really doubt there are any "innocent" banned accounts - it's all scammers and foold who got scammed by them. I'd ban them all, just to make them learn their lesson.

edit:
    Foolproof system to take care of bots in dungeons
    - when you enter boss' room, timer starts counting down 10 minutes (enough time to solo a boss if you are strong enough to solo him) - big enough for normal players to notice it.
    - if you don't leave that dungeon till timer reaches 0, you get kicked out of front door, granting you a debuff that lasts a week.
    - if you get kicked out WHILE you have the debuff already active, you get a nice sweet automatic PERMABAN.
    Edited by ArRashid on April 22, 2014 1:08PM