Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

The Folium or Valaste?

• Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    Whisper292 wrote: »
    I think a lot of them are dishonorable scum. But it's not all black and white. Just like with any race (in the game or in real life), there are good people and bad ones. It's the "one bad apple" concept. The Thalmor/Veiled Heritance are evil, racist, "superiorly bred," but not all Altmer think or act that way. The challenge comes in figuring out which is which. I tend to think of Valaste as one of the good ones.
    How dare you spread such vile lies about the noble Thalmor! Please, refrain from insults addressed to sanctity of order, that is racism. Altmer practise eugenics for a reason. All Altmer think this way, the gold skinned abominations are exiled, or like more progressive times showed, ancestral justice called for physical extermination. There is no evil in purity nor in slaying the inferior races. One does not expect mercy for a cattle from a honourable butcher.

• silent88b14_ESO
    silent88b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Embody all that the Thalmor should have been, just like the Queen.
    Behold the great Oak. Just a little nut who stood his ground.
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    the so called 'queen' is an idiot, a puppet of Thalmor. one that will perish and make a space for a proper King: Alinor
  • silent88b14_ESO
    silent88b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Your perceptions define you, not what you see.
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    Altmer observe reality through their gradients. they know only truth
  • silent88b14_ESO
    silent88b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Overweening self-esteem limits the apprehension of the case. Insofar as every hero has a great flaw, the altmer are heroic.
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    so said the goblin twigsmith, chief elect who won by transmuting vices into virtues.
    - excerpt taken from Allhearme "Paissaunt Craeft"
  • Sallakat
    Sallakat
    ✭✭✭
    crislevin wrote: »
    Save Valaste, there will be so many skill points in this game anyway.

You get the skill points, regardless of what you do.
    Rebuilt - Aldmeri Dominion

Kaia Linnea - templar
    Ruusu - sorcerer
    Aino - nightblade
  • Lorgren_Benirus
    Of course I saved Valaste. And no, had nothing to do with "she's cute" or whatever someone said here. I simply don't sell friends out for anything.
  • Monrane
    Monrane
    Sallakat wrote: »

Do you have a source or have you personally experienced this? When and where do the two skill points show up when you save Valaste?
    Vokundein 
    Tambora - Outrider of Vokundein
    Officer of Recruitment
    Legend Gaming Website | Join Us
  • Soulborn_Solitude
    Hard decision....moral wise...more wise to feed her to shalladorable!
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No you don't.

Two skill points may be insignificant overall, but you choose either the skill points (the book) or Valaste, not both.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭

No you don't.

Two skill points may be insignificant overall, but you choose either the skill points (the book) or Valaste, not both.

Technically you choose Valaste and receive a purple inferno staff (scaled to suit your level) as a reward.
    Edited by Woolenthreads on February 8, 2015 10:48PM
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • MrPK
    MrPK
    Soul Shriven
    Personally I got a purple staff out of saving her. In my opinion that was much better then the skill points.
  • aast.tesob16_ESO
    aast.tesob16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Just did the quest for the first time...

Took the skill points, she seemed so happy being away with the fairies (well butterflies).

Only issue I have is I'm only level 40 and didn't realise it was the final quest ... same issue with the Fighters Guild where I ended up with a staff.

Bigger issue for me is it appears I have 10 levels to go and only half a zone of quests remaining :(
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it
  • Kurimugann
    Kurimugann
    ✭✭✭
    I saved Valaste the first time (on pc) might as well get the book next time on ps4 (I'd probably just destroy the staff anyway for crafting) Shali might be pissed at me for it though. My sensitivity might play against me again!
  • Pyro117
    Pyro117
    ✭✭
    Saving Valaste - every time all the time (twice so far, have 2 more characters to save Valaste with). Sheo is just a pain in the buttocks area...
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I sent Valaste away. I would have sent her away for less.
    @Malediktus --- Ebonheart Pact, EU-Megaserver
  • m4keyourself
    m4keyourself
    ✭✭
    I already have 9 unused skill points. I cured the chick.
  • Treaborne
    Treaborne
    ✭✭
    0 points left... Sheogorath needs some love too!

2 points left now ;)
    Computer Specs by: systemrequirementslab.com
    • - Processor: AMD A8-7670K Radeon R7, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G
    • - Video Card #1: AMD Radeon R7 Graphics + R7 200 Dual Graphics
    • - Video Card #2: AMD Radeon R7 250
    • - RAM: 32 GB
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Needed skillz pointz... Sent her away. Trust me you're going to need every little drop of the sky shard juicy juice. My dk has like 300+ And still needs more....

3 class skill lines, 3 armor skill lines, ww, soul magic, legerdemain, master crafter for everything, SnB, bow, DW, 2H, pvp up to proxy det and all the Passives.... I have no points left for barrier and war horn which I also want.... Hooaaardddd all the skillz. My sorc and nb also have the same problem. The wonders of being able to do 6 crafting dailies on 3 toons that each give 600 Gold and a shot at surveys and tempers... That's like 10.8k Gold and an average of 2 gold materials a day. That's ard 20-40k value per day not to mention the tons of v16 mats you'll get from each survey. $$$$$

Valaste was a small teeny teeny price to pay. If she was a cute Breton chick I might have reconsidered but... Meh... Altmer dosent really float my boat so it was a non-issue.
    Edited by Vangy on February 22, 2016 7:34AM
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • Elric_665
    Elric_665
    ✭✭✭
    Simple choice for me.
    The question is: are you roleplaying your char or are you only min-max a bag of numbers?

Valaste btw
    "If it bleeds, we can kill it!"
    Major „Dutch“ Schaefer

PvP nur, wenn es sich absolut nicht vermeiden läßt.
    PCEU
  • strikeback1247
    strikeback1247
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to live with uncle sheo so I gave valaste that chance to live a happy life in the shivering isles. God, I love uncle sheo!
    P.A.W.S. - Positively Against Wild Sasquatches - NO TO BIGFOOT!
  • LordSidious
    LordSidious
    ✭✭✭
    I had a hard time with this one since I always choose the 'good guy' choices in games, but after I read about it before choosing I sent her away and have no regrets.
    Admiral of the Salty Swordsmen
    "A man of the seas and I captain I be, 'ole Pinkbeard, a many booty I please."

Xbox One NA - Aldmeri Dominion
    Gamertag: Bogeh
  • Auros
    Auros
    ✭✭✭
    Good to know - betray your friends, get a reward 2 skill points. Be realistic, this world is going back to cannibalism anyway ...
  • Gordon906
    Gordon906
    ✭✭✭
    Please, no racism. Not all Altmers are evil.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always save Valaste.

Skill points are not an issue end game where skill points really matter.

Besides Sheogorath went from an Annoying Twit to a downright irritating get over yourself your not that special type of [insert cusswords here] by the 2nd or 3rd time through the Mages Guild
    Edited by Nestor on March 1, 2017 6:09PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shalidor is responsible for what happened to Valaste. Regardless of your decision, you were merely a pawn in his obsession with Eyevea. He pushed Valaste right into Sheogorath's schemes, though he tries to push the blame on the Vestige. Furthermore, she's not dead, she is living in another plane and is simply very delusional. What's more is she's happy.

The way I see it, there's no reason not to take the Folium. There might as well be something in it for the Vestige since it seems he/she is the only one capable of solving all of the world's problems. Why does it matter what Shalidor did to Valaste? It was entirely his fault. There's no harm in being a little selfish when one is not responsible for the way the cards were dealt anyway.
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    I saved Valaste but there is literally no impact on future gameplay either way. If I did it again I would take the skill points. Regardless of all the build up to that final quest, your choice is fairly meaningless afterwards.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • ascan7
    ascan7
    ✭✭✭
    Gordon906 wrote: »
    Please, no racism. Not all Altmers are evil.

They are. Remember Shadowfen. Remember the Hatchling Pools.

btw, i choose the Folium. As someone said is a matter of RP VS minmaxing. I always need more skillpoints to experiment with skills and builds, so i choose the easy reward, even if i'm a monster now.