The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The Folium or Valaste?

• Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do whatever you want. Any reward in that quest will become pointless as long as you keep on playing.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ascan7 wrote: »
    Gordon906 wrote: »
    Please, no racism. Not all Altmers are evil.
    They are. Remember Shadowfen. Remember the Hatchling Pools.
    So you're saying all Altmer are evil, based on the actions of one Dominion general? Ruuvitar would likely have been court-martialled if Ayrenn found out what he was doing.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Cyn_v84
    Cyn_v84
    ✭✭✭
    I kept her here, two times. I was planning to give her away, but couldn't. Morals... sigh :s
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Skillpoints every time.
  • FLambda
    FLambda
    ✭✭✭
    Whisper292 wrote: »
    pfeh, Every other race know that Altmer are Dishonorable Scum. Just because we have dark skin and our home blew up you think us lesser? We held off the Nord Voices, We saw the last of the Dwemer. Where were the Altmer then *sneer*
    I think a lot of them are dishonorable scum. But it's not all black and white. Just like with any race (in the game or in real life), there are good people and bad ones. It's the "one bad apple" concept. The Thalmor/Veiled Heritance are evil, racist, "superiorly bred," but not all Altmer think or act that way. The challenge comes in figuring out which is which. I tend to think of Valaste as one of the good ones.
    You do realize that some of the Thalmor are Bosmer/Khajiit, right? If you're thinking of the Thalmor College, those guys were fakes and traitors. If you're thinking of the 3rd Aldmeri Dominion (Skyrim-era), those guys are a disgrace to they're history.

As for the Veiled Heritance... they most definitely are "evil, racist, 'superiorly bred'" pricks. The game kind of goes out of it's way to make sure you realize that.

For some reason, the Thalmor of the 3rd Dominion seem to take after the Veiled Heritance....
    Enodoc wrote: »
    ascan7 wrote: »
    Gordon906 wrote: »
    Please, no racism. Not all Altmers are evil.
    They are. Remember Shadowfen. Remember the Hatchling Pools.
    So you're saying all Altmer are evil, based on the actions of one Dominion general? Ruuvitar would likely have been court-martialled if Ayrenn found out what he was doing.
    Hear, hear! As a Bosmer playing through those quests, I thought it odd that they would attack me on sight, until I realized they were renegades, like General Endare and her Jade Dragoons. Then I decided that as an Eye of the Queen, it was my duty to bring them to justice!
    Edited by FLambda on March 19, 2017 3:00AM
    Remember: there's no such thing as the Universal Standard of Descriptional Qualifications and Metrics.

The Wisdom of M'aiq the Liar:
    • You wish to become a lich? It's very easy, my friend. Simply find the heart of a lich, combine it with the tongue of a dragon, and cook it with the flesh of a well-ridden horse. This combination is certain to make you undead.
    • M'aiq prefers to adventure alone. Others just get in the way. And they talk, talk, talk.