The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Folium or Valaste?

Leovolao
Leovolao
✭✭✭✭✭
Think the title says it all... Is the Folium worth feeling like a killed a friend?
tea pot

"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?"
  • 00Serval
    00Serval
    Depends, are your friends worth two skillpoints that as far as we know are not obtainable any other way?
  • Leovolao
    Leovolao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    went good guy on this quest.. and got eidetic memory =S... won't be doing that again
    tea pot

"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?"
  • Pahebe
    Pahebe
    You get the memory skill both ways.

It's pure moral choice. I have no respect for pixels, gave her away - yay, she must have so much fun there :D
  • Valmond
    Valmond
    ✭✭✭
    I figured she'd be happier with Sheogorath, and i'd be happier with skill points, so it was a win/win. :grinning:
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gave her away, the mad god deserved her.
  • zmanu
    zmanu
    ✭✭✭
    I've been to the shivering isles, it's a good place to live in. They have cheese and flowers over there, it's the right thing to do, to send her there.
  • JosephChip
    JosephChip
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, this choice doesn't really make much sense. Take the Folium.
  • Antonie
    Antonie
    ✭✭✭
    I chose to heal Valaste over personal gain. That is all i can say to help you choose. It is your decision after all.
    Edited by Antonie on April 19, 2014 6:08PM
    “Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”-Albert Einstein
    Leben ist ein RPG. Was ist DEINE Rolle?-Motto von http://rpgspielen.de/

• Pahebe
    Pahebe
    Antonie, the Fun Spoiler. She said she loves butterflies. What's your problem, man? :D
    Edited by Pahebe on April 21, 2014 6:08AM
  • liquid_wolf
    liquid_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Valaste becomes unavailable in future quests regarding the Mages Guild. You also suffer the same consequences Shalidor suffered when he took the Folium.

The folium is certainly appealing, but ultimately inconsequential towards character development.

2 skill points out of 250-300ish just doesn't seem all that big a deal.

Sheogorath talks about the "power" he is giving you, but it really doesn't amount to much from what I can tell.

... and honestly... after seeing what he did to Valaste, do you really want to give him a chance at your head?
    Edited by liquid_wolf on April 21, 2014 6:34AM
  • Pahebe
    Pahebe
    YES. I love butterflies too.
  • Daenerys
    Daenerys
    ✭✭✭✭
    Valaste was mad as a hatter, so she'll be enjoying her cheese with Uncle Sheo :)
  • gunsofdeschain
    gunsofdeschain
    ✭✭✭
    nah, I chose to cure Valaste. I just couldn't do it. That mad monkey has daedra chilling out everywhere he goes ffs.
  • Nasuradin_ESO
    Nasuradin_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I chose to save Valaste, then I saw the blue staff she was trying to offer me as a reward and I dumped the quest redid it and gave her to sheo, I'm so mean.

After that I went and finished the fighter's quest and picked up the epic staff with a unique model instead.
  • SexyVette07
    SexyVette07
    ✭✭✭
    I chose the Folium. She seemed so happy to be going with Uncle Sheo to see the butterflies that it would be selfish of me not to oblige.
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Folium sure, coz it gives 2 skill points
    Valaste gives... nothing!
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • natsuyo
    natsuyo
    Soul Shriven
    There is a point in saving valaste. she cures lycanthropy and vampirism without needing to go to evermore.
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took the book and I feel bad about condemning Valaste to be tortured by Sheogorath. I really wish I could redo it and save her instead but she'll end up a monster after he gets bored of lighting her on fire or whatever he'll do to her. My reasoning for taking the book was I saw her decent into madness and was pretty sure Sheogorath was going to change her somehow and make me end up killing her so I was already prepared to loose her...but no I pushed her under the horse cart for 2 skill points. :(
    Edited by Jennifur_Vultee on May 25, 2014 10:36AM
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wdy4Cf6.jpg
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    yes, you should condemn valaste. she is an honest member of a dangerous organisation. as much as I despise all sparks of daedric existence, I loathe Altmer turned filthmer (gold mer in this parrticular case) even more. she, like her abominable owner: galerion the rot (also known as galerion the pus) deserve to be tortured, terminated and forgotten. teaching lesser races about magick? preposterous!
  • Sallakat
    Sallakat
    ✭✭✭
    you get the skills points regardless of what you do.
    Rebuilt - Aldmeri Dominion

Kaia Linnea - templar
    Ruusu - sorcerer
    Aino - nightblade
  • Whisper292
    Whisper292
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I know, you don't get the skill points. I chose to save her and was given a reward I already had an add-on for anyway, and the add-on is actually better than Shalidor's Library. I felt great morally, but I kinda felt cheated by the game.
    ---
    Love all, trust few, do wrong to no one. - William Shakespeare
  • silent88b14_ESO
    silent88b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Our choices define us.
    Behold the great Oak. Just a little nut who stood his ground.
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    Whisper292 wrote: »
    I felt great morally, but I kinda felt cheated by the game.
    you have supported one who would teach lesser races about magick. all of superiorly bred Mer' blood is on your hands. 'great morally' Thalmor is watching you.
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Surinen wrote: »
    Whisper292 wrote: »
    I felt great morally, but I kinda felt cheated by the game.
    you have supported one who would teach lesser races about magick. all of superiorly bred Mer' blood is on your hands. 'great morally' Thalmor is watching you.

I've always hated the Altmer Thalmor. I'm hoping that if they do another ES 1player game we get to crush the Thalmor into tiny little pieces and then jump up and down on their graves for DLC.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Save Valaste, there will be so many skill points in this game anyway.
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    I've always hated the Altmer Thalmor. I'm hoping that if they do another ES 1player game we get to crush the Thalmor into tiny little pieces and then jump up and down on their graves for DLC.
    such is the nature of the living deficits: to 'hate' their superiors and glorify traits that constitute inferiority. pathetic but common.

• Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    pfeh, Every other race know that Altmer are Dishonorable Scum. Just because we have dark skin and our home blew up you think us lesser? We held off the Nord Voices, We saw the last of the Dwemer. Where were the Altmer then *sneer*
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    pfeh, Every other race know that Altmer are Dishonorable Scum. Just because we have dark skin and our home blew up you think us lesser? We held off the Nord Voices, We saw the last of the Dwemer. Where were the Altmer then *sneer*
    definition of honour changes from culture to culture. Altmer are known to be the cultured ones, pillars of the greatest civilisation on Nirn. there is much more than just skin that makes other races lesser, but yes, history behind your skin colour is one of the reasons. and why would Altmer care about primitive nord magic or another lesser cousins like dwemer. Altmer were spending their prison days working on how to unmake Mundus; drinking and eating the most equisite of wonders, ones soothing palate and sweetening the after breathe. and know this, Altmer breathe magick.

not to mention constant state of war against maormer and other lesser beings

• Whisper292
    Whisper292
    ✭✭✭

I think a lot of them are dishonorable scum. But it's not all black and white. Just like with any race (in the game or in real life), there are good people and bad ones. It's the "one bad apple" concept. The Thalmor/Veiled Heritance are evil, racist, "superiorly bred," but not all Altmer think or act that way. The challenge comes in figuring out which is which. I tend to think of Valaste as one of the good ones.
    ---
    Love all, trust few, do wrong to no one. - William Shakespeare