Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Filtered Water

Chrisu
Chrisu
✭✭✭
Hello,
yesterday I started levelling Alchemy. Now I'm level 31 and need Filtered Water to level further but I have no idea where to find it. I've searched in Bangkorai for it but found only Cleansed Water. In Cold Harbor and Cyrodiil I found no water at all. I have no idea where else I can look for it. Can anyone tell me where it can be found? Can it only be found in containers?
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found tons of Filtered Water in Cold Harbor and some areas in Bangkorai (lower south areas). But as potions do not go above "50" (which is filtered water) I would guess every water in the veteran is filtered
    Edited by Natjur on April 15, 2014 8:03PM
  • Chrisu
    Chrisu
    ✭✭✭
    Filtered Water is for level 40 potions. Did you find it as a "Fresh Water" node or in containers and water skins?
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both, water skins and fresh water nodes in Cold Harbor, only found Filtered Water in water skins in Bangkorai, the water nodes there all seems to be the Cleansed Water.

But there was a few people 'farming' the water nodes in Cold Harbor
  • Chrisu
    Chrisu
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, thats probably why I couldn't find any. I'll have to search more then. Thanks for your help!
  • subecsanur
    subecsanur
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see any water nodes in Coldharbour, are you sure you got them in nodes?
  • Chrisu
    Chrisu
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't find any nodes in Cold Harbor. I farmed it in Evermore in Bangkoai (last DC zone). You can find a lot in the inn.
  • universe555
    universe555
    ✭✭
    I find it in a lot of urns when I'm in dungeons, halls of the dead etc.
  • Mortuum
    Mortuum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Water for lvl 40 potions can be found in Cyrodiil, for DC(or if you dont mind risking getting killed) best spot is bit east from Fort Warden, there is quite big lake(visible on map). About 10-15 water nodes there, if no one else is around. Had over 200+ in less then 30 minutes.
    No idea which spots will be good for other alliances, just search bigger water areas(Lake Rumare, surrounding Imperial City, sadly has almost no nodes).
  • Ulvich
    Ulvich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chrisu wrote: »
    Hello,
    yesterday I started levelling Alchemy. Now I'm level 31 and need Filtered Water to level further but I have no idea where to find it. I've searched in Bangkorai for it but found only Cleansed Water. In Cold Harbor and Cyrodiil I found no water at all. I have no idea where else I can look for it. Can anyone tell me where it can be found? Can it only be found in containers?

I found a really good spot to farm filtered water in Coldharbour. Go to the "Court of Contempt". There you will find four towers. Search all the containers in these towers (on all levels) and you should have enough water to last you a while.
    Edited by Ulvich on May 6, 2014 1:09AM
    - Monster Slayer
    - Savior of Nirn
    - Adventurer Across a Decade
    - Hit Hard. Hit Fast. Hit Often
    - BETA Group: 85 b 9
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recommend by-passing the Filtered water stage and jump to the V1 stage. Just keep using Cleansed Water and make crap potions to level past it.

Filtered water currently is just from water bags (Coldharbour) at the moment and not worth the time farming them.
  • subecsanur
    subecsanur
    ✭✭✭
    I went and searched Court of Contempt got mostly lvl 5 water, Purified. The shipwreck up northeast corner had some water skins with lvl 4 water.
  • subecsanur
    subecsanur
    ✭✭✭
    Ok actually if you do wait, you do get water skins in that Court area. thx
  • Schmackei
    Schmackei
    ✭✭
    Today trying to get my Alchemy from 35 to 40, I found I had exhausted my own supply and also the 3 AH guild stores supplies of Filtered water. I went on a hunt to try and locate some as an EP, I went completely around every water edge in The Rift and only found level 30 waters there, went to Cold Harbor and was unable to find any water nodes at all on the entire map. I then turned to the Vet rank 1 starting islands (land 1 and 2 for DC) and again was unable to locate any Filtered waters, I was on the other hand able to find level 50 waters in Glenumbra. I am now under the assumption that after 4 hours of hunting 4 level 42 - Vet R1 zones, that water nodes for the supply of Filtered waters just do not exist at the moment.
    SCHMACKEI - < Drunken Baѕtards >
    - The Ebonheart Pact - US
    - Khajiit Nightblade
  • Mystmare
    Mystmare
    Soul Shriven
    Had the same problem here.. i was running short of Filtered water to upgrade my alchemy level so i've done some research. You will find filtered water in public dungeons (tomb type dungeons that contain tomb urns) in Eastmarch.
    Edited by Mystmare on May 9, 2014 7:49PM
    Play hard, Go pro
  • Xithian
    Xithian
    ✭✭✭
    For anyone else that has this problem, loot urns while in Coldharbour. They gave me almost nothing but water, and leveled my alchemy just fine.
  • Requiemslove
    Requiemslove
    ✭✭✭
    Alright, so please forgive me but I cant contain this. You NEED a water filter, a filter container, and a tap to create filtered water. DO IT, ITS COOL, AND WILL MAKE YOU HEALTHIER AND MORE PIOUS! :D:p
  • Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    Despite what people say, farming that water in cold harbour is well worth it.
    The area with the skeletons and the broken ship, forgot its name has several waterskins, not only that, loads of heavy crates, they drop 3-4 alchemy ingredients or 3-4 wood. kept running circles there to collect 50 bottles, which is more then plenty and came out with tons of wood and herbs.
    Not to mention several treasure chest spots.
    You best finish that quest first, the skellys turn neutral then and its easier to run around without having to worry bout enemies
  • Saet
    Saet
    ✭✭✭
    Where Mortuum said in Cyrodiil is perfect. Tons of it here. Thanks so much!
    Saet - stam nb
    Hordak - magicka nb
    Demigorgon - stam sorc
  • Mortuum
    Mortuum
    ✭✭✭✭
    You are welcome, glad could help :)
  • peter.harkessnrb18_ESO
    Seems Zenimax dont like you getting Filtered in Cyrodil so they nerfed it into the toilet. Worst MMO developer I have seen to date. Grats on your failure lol
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK so filtered water is a real pain getting. I have been allover trying to find some and nothing seems to be dropping it except for a few water bags in coldharbor. Tried several dungeons, looting urns and vases, but still can't seem to get the right level. Strange thing is in Reapers March, where it should be filtered water in the nodes, I am still only getting clear water. I will also mention that looting the urns and vases in dungeons around Reapers March jumps two levels and drops purified water. Somewhere along the line they forgot to add in a level in the nodes as Malabar Tor is also clear water. Go to Eastmarch VR zone 1-5 and it is Purified water in the nodes. Anyway, this is what I am finding on the AD side as far as the filtered water goes. If anyone knows anywhere else to get this stuff besides Cyrodiil, would love to know where........:) I might add that trying to loot at that ship graveyard in Coldharbor is a nightmare. The heavy crates are great for the alchemy ingredients, problem is the spawn rate is slow and too many people.
    Edited by LadyDestiny on June 10, 2014 2:13PM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In DC, I run around the Bankorai Tavern and collect a reasonable amount of filtered water from containters. Go outside and farm nodes and you'll get the lower tier for some reason. Stick to container farming and you can get your Filtered Water easier. At least that's my experience. I find it much faster than node farming in Cyrodiil.
  • Tr1cksh0t
    Tr1cksh0t
    ✭✭
    Cyrodiil spot mentioned by @Mortuum is great, thanks!
  • Thymos
    Thymos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can attest to that Cyrodiil spot working great too. Love it.
    The Older Gamers Recruitment Thread
    Always accepting new members for NA and EU server. PvP PvE RP all welcome. Must be 25+ yo to join.
    http://www.theoldergamers.com/
  • Devolus
    Devolus
    ✭✭✭
    Thymos wrote: »

I just went to that spot. Only 1 node in that lake. Is it because I was a guest to that particular campaign I went to? There is literally no resources for me to gather in Cyrodiil, I'm lucky to even come across 1 node (of anything: wood, ore, cloth etc) while traveling throughout the entirety :/
    Edited by Devolus on June 15, 2014 9:07AM
    "The day I start considering people's feelings before speaking my mind is the day my efficacy as a politician comes to an end. When that day comes, just kill me outright, I beg of you."
    -Abnur Tharn
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mortuum wrote: »
    Water for lvl 40 potions can be found in Cyrodiil, for DC(or if you dont mind risking getting killed) best spot is bit east from Fort Warden, there is quite big lake(visible on map). About 10-15 water nodes there, if no one else is around. Had over 200+ in less then 30 minutes.
    No idea which spots will be good for other alliances, just search bigger water areas(Lake Rumare, surrounding Imperial City, sadly has almost no nodes).

I can confirm this, there appear to be ~12 Pure Water nodes scattered around the lake as well as the shore of the small island in its center. They're all either 2x or 3x nodes. The spawn rate is reasonable. I was there this morning, in sneak mode the whole time (since the guest campaign I happened to choose was dominated by AD and EP Emperor trading wars, apparently) though I never saw another soul. But in an hour I was even so, slowed down like I was, able to get 50, which is of course enough for 200 potions, which will do me for a while.

At least I know where to go now to reliably get Filtered Water. Thanks everyone for the information!
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Devolus wrote: »

I just went to that spot. Only 1 node in that lake. Is it because I was a guest to that particular campaign I went to? There is literally no resources for me to gather in Cyrodiil, I'm lucky to even come across 1 node (of anything: wood, ore, cloth etc) while traveling throughout the entirety :/

I was a guest there, too, and as I mention below, I found ~15 nodes. You might just have been there right after someone else, because after my initial sweep, that's what it looked like for me (only a few, before they all respawn). Spawn rate is 10-15 minutes, as far as I could tell.

There's also a Yew node and a couple of Rune nodes near the shore.
    Edited by Srugzal on July 20, 2014 6:17PM
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »
    I found tons of Filtered Water in Cold Harbor and some areas in Bangkorai (lower south areas). But as potions do not go above "50" (which is filtered water) I would guess every water in the veteran is filtered

yea potions do go above 50, there is vr1 and vr5, not sure what gave you that impression.

I don't know about DC faction, but I was finding filtered water in containers in malabol tor, which would probably be alik'r desert for you
    Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors, I create them.
  • Devolus
    Devolus
    ✭✭✭
    Srugzal wrote: »

I was a guest there, too, and as I mention below, I found ~15 nodes. You might just have been there right after someone else, because after my initial sweep, that's what it looked like for me (only a few, before they all respawn). Spawn rate is 10-15 minutes, as far as I could tell.

There's also a Yew node and a couple of Rune nodes near the shore.

Nah, no one was recently there as I camped that spot for 30-40 minutes that day just in-case that was the situation. There was only 1 node at that lake and it took about 8-10 minutes for it to respawn in a random spot in the area.
    "The day I start considering people's feelings before speaking my mind is the day my efficacy as a politician comes to an end. When that day comes, just kill me outright, I beg of you."
    -Abnur Tharn
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, no one was recently there as I camped that spot for 30-40 minutes that day just in-case that was the situation. There was only 1 node at that lake and it took about 8-10 minutes for it to respawn in a random spot in the area.

That's not the way it works, nodes only spawn in the same places, they don't move around. What you were seeing were different nodes appearing, following their own spawn rate. If you use a map-pin addon that keeps track of spawn points for you, you will see that this is the case. Recommend "HarvestMap" Trust me, there really are more than a dozen nodes.

You have to figure that a lot of people are farming that place now, which will limit the supply. Also, I suppose it depends on which campaign you're in, some will be more heavily farmed than others.
This discussion has been closed.